Chat Forum
It is currently Sat May 30, 2020 4:09 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29511 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 623, 624, 625, 626, 627, 628, 629 ... 738  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:11 am 

BillW wrote:
Looks to me like we can prepare for a long lockdown.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health ... -heres-how

Cue all the contrarians who thinks NZ should do it differently.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:15 am 

obelixtim wrote:
Kahu wrote:
obelixtim wrote:
Kahu wrote:
You know what. I was wrong. We should shoot all possible law breakers on sight. It's their fault they're so stupid. It's their fault the health sector is vastly unequipped to deal with a pandemic. It's their fault our borders were closed so late. It's their fault tens of thousands of people were allowed to arrive in essentially what are virus incubators.

Nah screw that, take the Darwin approach. Just let the country catch the virus and let the weak die. They deserve it for being weak.

None of that is their fault. Well, apart from the stupid bit.

Not that it matters now.

Ever thought of a job as a fortune teller?

If all this other stuff was so obvious to you, why did you not tell us about it a year ago?

You ever thought of a job as a gas chamber guard?

Willingly, if we can fill it with morons...and their apologists.

Well that's 2 of us then

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:23 am 

Ted. wrote:

If you like, I can put you in touch with the mate who also happens to be a sparky. The only drawback is he went to the same school as Rugga Bugga.

My brother-in-law who lives in Nelson is going to diagnose & remedy it long-distance. If I reach a dead end with him, I'll get in touch with you via PR. The fact that your friend carries historical baggage from his developmental period doesn't concern me. ;)

Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:27 am 

Mr Mike wrote:
Fat Old Git wrote:
Enzedder wrote:
booji boy wrote:

It has basically folded. Everyone is out of a job. Some businesses will simply cease to exist. Others, bigger players may survive and come back in future but they are closing down/mothballing current operations.

My niece has a hotel at Franz. She has one booking this weekend (she has made arrangements to feed him next door) - then she is closing up and going to live with her mum for the next month/s.

A friend is going to house-sit to ensure that they don't lose their insurance cover. She will probably end up bankrupt if the Bank plays hard-ball

Banks that play hardball during this time should have their CEOs lined up and shot. Or even worse, force to watch reruns of the Nanny.
Who needs re-runs..

Quote:
The flashy girl from Flushing is getting the gang back together. E! News has learned The Nanny cast is reuniting for virtual table read of the classic sitcom's pilot episode.

https://www.eonline.com/news/1136199/th ... table-read

God dammit. Hasn't the world been through enough?!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:29 am 

BillW wrote:

Not sure if total elimination is possible. A bit like the elimination of all the possums and introduced pests. A pipedream.

NZs borders would need to be closed, permanently. It'll only be herd immunity, with the help of vaccination.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:38 am 

obelixtim wrote:
BillW wrote:

Not sure if total elimination is possible. A bit like the elimination of all the possums and introduced pests. A pipedream.

NZs borders would need to be closed, permanently. It'll only be herd immunity, with the help of vaccination.

Maybe she is planning closed borders until there is a vaccine and we are all vaccinated?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:53 am 

deadduck wrote:
Ted. wrote:
Anyway, this is what Obelix is talking about:

Baseball bat, knife and hockey stick used in neighbourhood brawl

It's only the end of week 1.

Welcome to the Hunger Games NZ. May the odds forever be in your favour.

The conflict was a wee doozy with a bit of everything thrown in: Corona Virus, neighbourly love/street fight, guns, baseball bats, a public setting and the Gestap... Police getting involved. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:58 am 

Flockwitt wrote:
Ted. wrote:
Flockwitt wrote:
Aye. Look at the results of the dissolution of the Power Board. Bunch of get quick rich corporations deciding electrical apprentices and trainee engineers weren't necessary, till the point they realised there was a decade big hole to fill as retirements started to kick in. As for actual R&D!?! Hah, hah, hah. A lot of lessons not learned from a few of those bull in a china shop type approaches.

Can you expand on that?

Just venting at the whole idiology approach to the asset sales, no oversight, nothing like the proper performance clauses or a bunch of normal business practice what ifs put into the sales contracts. Private enterprise works so all aboard. Then the Auckland CBD loses power and they wonder why. Muppets.

Gotcha.

The NZ construction industry in general is still suffering the consequences of those decisions, and will be for the foreseeable unless we radically change how we train for, regulate and participate in the industry. It is just very inefficient in so many ways, including bound in red tape, slow to react to innovation and wasteful.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:11 am 

Tehui wrote:
Ted. wrote:

If you like, I can put you in touch with the mate who also happens to be a sparky. The only drawback is he went to the same school as Rugga Bugga.

My brother-in-law who lives in Nelson is going to diagnose & remedy it long-distance. If I reach a dead end with him, I'll get in touch with you via PR. The fact that your friend carries historical baggage from his developmental period doesn't concern me. ;)

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:13 am 

I wish that she would get someone to point out again how pointless face masks and gloves are to your average punter, so we wouldn't have these price issues.

She is looking very patronisingly caring and sympathetic again today though in her "Bubble" so all is well.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:19 am 
Ted. wrote:
Flockwitt wrote:
Ted. wrote:
Flockwitt wrote:
Aye. Look at the results of the dissolution of the Power Board. Bunch of get quick rich corporations deciding electrical apprentices and trainee engineers weren't necessary, till the point they realised there was a decade big hole to fill as retirements started to kick in. As for actual R&D!?! Hah, hah, hah. A lot of lessons not learned from a few of those bull in a china shop type approaches.

Can you expand on that?

Just venting at the whole idiology approach to the asset sales, no oversight, nothing like the proper performance clauses or a bunch of normal business practice what ifs put into the sales contracts. Private enterprise works so all aboard. Then the Auckland CBD loses power and they wonder why. Muppets.

Gotcha.

So back to the future , the possible future that was lost in our recent past .

Reboot !!!

The NZ construction industry in general is still suffering the consequences of those decisions, and will be for the foreseeable unless we radically change how we train for, regulate and participate in the industry. It is just very inefficient in so many ways, including bound in red tape, slow to react to innovation and wasteful.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:27 am 

booji boy wrote:
obelixtim wrote:
BillW wrote:

Maybe she is planning closed borders until there is a vaccine and we are all vaccinated?

It is hard to see borders properly re-opening until we have herd immunity or the rest of the world has.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:29 am 

Just heard about Hone and his road blocks.

Probably been mentioned.

:lol:

Knob end

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:56 am 
I see self isolation has really lifted you up outside and above your usual parameters .

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:10 am 

eugenius wrote:
I see self isolation has really lifted you up outside and above your usual parameters .

I see you condone vigilante idiocy from a complete dickhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:14 am 

Ardern keeps going on about test test test

She seems completely oblivious to the studies that have shown that 50% or more people in a pop. Can be asymptomatic carriers

There’s no point in just testing symptomatic carriers at the airport/borders. -everyone needs to be tested!

And then over a period of time when hopefully vast numbers Of tests are available- start a test program where everyone gets tested..only then will we know where we really stand

Anyway I think the horse has bolted in Auckland at least - we have a large Asian population that would’ve been bringing it into Nz a long time before our weak border measures were in place - same in most other places in the world

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:20 am 

Yeah the whole "Test, test, test." slogan seems a bit hollow now when you read about cases like Demilich's partner being denied a test and there have been a lot of other anecdotal reports of this I've read in the media/social media and heard on the radio where people have shown up for the testing and been turned away. Oh well at least they are upping the ante now.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:33 am 

Dark wrote:
She is looking very patronisingly caring and sympathetic again today though in her "Bubble" so all is well.

You’re a fucking dipshit.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:55 am 

brat wrote:
Anyway I think the horse has bolted in Auckland at least - we have a large Asian population that would’ve been bringing it into Nz a long time before our weak border measures were in place - same in most other places in the world

I think the current situation would be a lot worse if that were true

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:12 am 

Kahu wrote:
brat wrote:

I think the current situation would be a lot worse if that were true

Not necessarily at the moment

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:37 am 

Things have been moving quickly but the guidance around testing (discretion vs. as per the case definition) is a worrying area of ambiguity. That and what is “local” seem the two areas that have caused the most confusion.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:38 am 

We have to do random sampling of the population to know where we are at.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:13 am 

JB1981 wrote:
Things have been moving quickly but the guidance around testing (discretion vs. as per the case definition) is a worrying area of ambiguity. That and what is “local” seem the two areas that have caused the most confusion.
Don't know too much about it but my feeling is that early testing capacity wasn't great (why would it be - we haven't had a pandemic like this before) and now that testing capacity has apparently increased the parameters have widened.

It's true this could have been explained to the public all the way along (we would have got it and accepted it) but there's so much going on that some communication is going to take a hit.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:17 am 

And I'm getting Tarot Card ads at the top at the moment. Before that it was ear-wax removal. :?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:21 am 

Muttonbirds wrote:
And I'm getting Tarot Card ads at the top at the moment. Before that it was ear-wax removal. :?

First world problems

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:06 am 

Tehui wrote:
Ted. wrote:

Come down the station and say that :P

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:08 am 

Dark wrote:
I wish that she would get someone to point out again how pointless face masks and gloves are to your average punter, so we wouldn't have these price issues.

It really must be a lot of work being such a complete fuckwit all the time.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:49 am 

Is there still an $80 limit on paywave?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:11 am 

Dark wrote:

Come now Dark. You are not being a good school kid follower of Cindy’s and heeding to the kindness creed. Above all Dark be like Cindy and be kind.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:32 am 

Car score. Have to remember that this figure of individuals travelling would be halved, because those would be return trips. Still a lot if you consider the other nearby arteries, like Dominion Rd, Hillsborough Road, Gt North road, and Blockhouse Bay Rd, which I imagine would be fairly busy as well. Motorway is pretty dead.

Thurs....585
Fri ……...582
Sat...…..460
Sun...… 385.
Mon...….606
Tues......703
Wed...… 633

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:42 am 

JB1981 wrote:

Definitely seems to be moving more towards discretion now (prior to the recent change, even a referral/request for testing from your GP would be over-ruled at the testing stations). The fact that my wife was informed that there wasn't a need for me to quarantine while she waits the 5 days for test results and it's fine for me to go to the supermarket. If she has it (and she has had symptoms for almost a week now), there is almost no chance that I have avoided contact with it (other than a feeling of having a "pre-cold" for about half a day, I have had no symptoms).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:44 am 

TheDocForgotHisLogon wrote:

Haven't been out since the day prior to lockdown, but it was still a requirement to enter a PIN when using paywave for greater than $80 then. Wouldn't surprise me if there is some legal liability/insurance thing that prevents them having Eftpos cards opened up for more than that amount with no PIN validation.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:50 am 

Demilich wrote:

Haven't been out since the day prior to lockdown, but it was still a requirement to enter a PIN when using paywave for greater than $80 then. Wouldn't surprise me if there is some legal liability/insurance thing that prevents them having Eftpos cards opened up for more than that amount with no PIN validation.

You don't really want it opened more than that. Before I realised my card was stolen in Pahia last year, someone was using it to buy groceries on the North Shore.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:50 am 

Demilich wrote:

It's $200 now at my bank at least.

Just means the bank is on the hook for the extra amount in the case of fraudulent transactions.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:04 am 

RuggaBugga wrote:
Demilich wrote:

It's $200 now at my bank at least.

Just means the bank is on the hook for the extra amount in the case of fraudulent transactions.

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:05 am 
Dark wrote:
eugenius wrote:

I would have thought you would rather appreciate the stupid loudness if his grandstanding.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:10 am 
Dark wrote:
eugenius wrote:

I would have thought you would rather appreciate the stupid loudness if his grandstanding.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:13 am 

JB1981 wrote:

Plus how a bubble can exist across two houses. Now moot for me as I'm symptomatic :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: .

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:34 am 
Dark wrote:
eugenius wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:44 am 

eugenius wrote:
Dark wrote:
eugenius wrote:

You can say that again!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29511 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 623, 624, 625, 626, 627, 628, 629 ... 738  Next