NZ Politics Thread

All things Rugby
Wilderbeast

Re: NZ Politics Thread

Post by Wilderbeast »

Appears Michelle Boag is the source of the leak. She sent the docs to Hamish Walker who sent them on to media, who to their credit respected the privacy of the individuals.

Quite the development.
Tehui

Post by Tehui »

Scummy thing to do. Wonder how the people involved would behave if their family members were on that list. Delete, delete.
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

Boag and Walker, eh?

Are they Nats?

Sure are. What scum.

https://twitter.com/henrycooke/status/1 ... 5223478272
Enzedder
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Post by Enzedder »

Looking forward to how this will be spun.

Scum. Boag was a corrupt bitch when with National and it appears that she is still no better,

I hope that she has just lost her CEO job of the Auckland Rescue Helicopter Trust.
Wilderbeast

Post by Wilderbeast »

That’s how she got the info Enz, she has resigned (like she’d last a day once this came out).

Worth reading Walker’s apology for a lesson in what not to do when you make your apology. This could really affect the nats as there is a world of difference between honestly holding the govt to account and actively trying to sabotage their efforts. Not sure the public will have too much patience for this.
Begbie

Post by Begbie »

This could just be the top of the iceberg. Recently we had Bridges saying Cindy should’ve closed the borders earlier, on the morning of the afternoon she was going to announce the borders being closed. Also, there’s Winnie’s privacy breach and Woodhouse knowing so much about the two ladies who got into the populace before any of us. Still waiting though for more details on this homeless person...
Enzedder
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Post by Enzedder »

Wilderbeast wrote:That’s how she got the info Enz, she has resigned (like she’d last a day once this came out).

Worth reading Walker’s apology for a lesson in what not to do when you make your apology. This could really affect the nats as there is a world of difference between honestly holding the govt to account and actively trying to sabotage their efforts. Not sure the public will have too much patience for this.
Desperate for power and will do anything to achieve it.
Begbie

Post by Begbie »

Enzedder wrote:
Wilderbeast wrote:That’s how she got the info Enz, she has resigned (like she’d last a day once this came out).

Desperate for power and will do anything to achieve it.
Those who think they are born to rule...
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

Not looking forward to all these fleewees turning up. We're full.
Maniototo Man

Post by Maniototo Man »

Wilderbeast wrote:Appears Michelle Boag is the source of the leak. She sent the docs to Hamish Walker who sent them on to media, who to their credit respected the privacy of the individuals.

Quite the development.
But who sent them to Boag? The story I read said she received the document on her private email. Whoever sent it to her is also going to be in a world of trouble whether they did it on purpose or inadvertently.

The National Party need to distance themselves from her from here on. They have let her act as a bit of a proxy for them in the past but she is poison.
JB1981

Post by JB1981 »

Wow, Boag and Walker - both idiots. With Muller struggling to get traction those two just made things a whole lot more slippery.
Wilderbeast

Post by Wilderbeast »

I wonder what made them come out? Did they think it inevitable they would be found out? Or did Muller not know and was informed? He must be livid.
Ted.

Post by Ted. »

Maniototo Man wrote:
Wilderbeast wrote:Appears Michelle Boag is the source of the leak. She sent the docs to Hamish Walker who sent them on to media, who to their credit respected the privacy of the individuals.

Quite the development.
But who sent them to Boag? The story I read said she received the document on her private email. Whoever sent it to her is also going to be in a world of trouble whether they did it on purpose or inadvertently.

The National Party need to distance themselves from her from here on. They have let her act as a bit of a proxy for them in the past but she is poison.
She had the information in her capacity as the CEO of the Auckland Rescue Helicopter trust. A massive breach of trust that should be prosecuted by the Privacy Commissioner.

She has resigned fro m the trust.

Why the trust would be given that information, I have no idea. Perhaps they needed to transport patients, or be given a heads up of infected people in case they needed to be transported.

When is Todd Muller going to sack Walker and officially distance the parliamentary section of the National Party from Boag, her cohorts and their tactics?

Well done to the media for not publishing .... mind, it's a no brainer given the clear illegality, breach of trust and low morals that would have been involved. :thumbup:
Maniototo Man

Post by Maniototo Man »

Ted. wrote:
Maniototo Man wrote:

Quite the development.

She had the information in her capacity as the CEO of the Auckland Rescue Helicopter trust. A massive breach of trust that should be prosecuted by the Privacy Commissioner.

She has resigned fro m the trust.

Why the trust would be given that information, I have no idea. Perhaps they needed to transport patients, or be given a heads up of infected people in case they needed to be transported.

When is Todd Muller going to sack Walker and officially distance the parliamentary section of the National Party from Boag, her cohorts and their tactics?

Well done to the media for not publishing .... mind, it's a no brainer given the clear illegality, breach of trust and low morals that would have been involved. :thumbup:
Why they would have it is the bit that had me scratching my head. Your suggestions are reasonable but something does not smell right. I think there is a lot more to come on this and it will be a massive distraction for National. It's a good thing Muller can't tear his hair out.
terangi48

Post by terangi48 »

Boag.......apologises to Helicopter Life Trust for passing on doc given to her as an office holder of that group.

H Walker......decides to send it to the media to prove that details are not secure.

M Woodlouse .......sends a team of Quarantine officers on a wild goose cahes during a pandemic.

D Clark.......resigns because of breaking lockdown/Ashly under bus flinging.

Todd Miller........we will be positive in our campaigning.......

Crikey.......in Five million people like these are amid best 100 parliamentary members.....a bit of a head scratcher!

Dodgy buggers.
Wilderbeast

Post by Wilderbeast »

FYI Muller cannot fire Walker, as he is an elected official (I understand).
Wilderbeast

Post by Wilderbeast »

Legit think David Clark chucking Bloomfield under the bus is saintly in light of this. But I always thought the blowup over that little incident was stupid anyway.
terangi48

Post by terangi48 »

About two weeks there was a lot of calls for this.......(grandson's pic from his Star Wars Sketch book)........

Fair enough this time?
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

Wilderbeast wrote:I wonder what made them come out? Did they think it inevitable they would be found out? Or did Muller not know and was informed? He must be livid.
The enquiry announced by Chippie. It gives Mike Heron the ability to subpoena stuff. These two were fucked so they confessed.
Begbie

Post by Begbie »

Wilderbeast wrote:I wonder what made them come out? Did they think it inevitable they would be found out? Or did Muller not know and was informed? He must be livid.

Very good questions. Walker doesn’t strike as the sharpest crayon so one must ask; is this his doing? Or has this come from above?
Fat Old Git

Post by Fat Old Git »

National continues to destroy what ever residual belief is out there that they are competent.
Tehui

Post by Tehui »

Muttonbirds wrote:
The enquiry announced by Chippie. It gives Mike Heron the ability to subpoena stuff. These two were fucked so they confessed.
Maybe I need to get out more, but I can't recall a single time when anyone in the media ever gave up their informant.
Tehui

Post by Tehui »

Ted. wrote: Why the trust would be given that information, I have no idea.
As someone who used to work in the Health sector, I have no idea either. There will be more news to come out of this story.
Wilderbeast

Post by Wilderbeast »

Tehui wrote:
Muttonbirds wrote:
Maybe I need to get out more, but I can't recall a single time when anyone in the media ever gave up their informant.
They normally find out from the other side. Dunne was basically found out for leaking to Vance as they were able to check his emails. Vance never revealed her source. Still, Dunne got done, as they say. Hur hur hur.

Sorry...
usermame

Post by usermame »

Wilderbeast wrote:FYI Muller cannot fire Walker, as he is an elected official (I understand).
I'd have thought the National Party constitution has rules about bringing it into disrepute or similar. Oh look...
How is he still a member?
usermame

Post by usermame »

Oh the ironing...
Dark wrote:And the incompetence never ends.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/arti ... d=12345363
Covid 19 coronavirus patients' details leaked: Investigation launched as agencies scramble

Confidential patient details of all the active Covid-19 cases in New Zealand have been leaked, including their names and dates of birth.

The massive breach of privacy contains the details of 18 confirmed cases, ranging from a 30-year-old woman in Auckland to a 70-year-old man in Canterbury.

It includes the personal details of the man in his 30s receiving care in Auckland City Hospital.

The leaked spreadsheet, seen by the Weekend Herald, also shows which border facility the Covid-positive people were staying in when they tested positive and where they were moved for quarantine.

Newly appointed Health Minister Chris Hipkins said the leak was "totally unacceptable" and potentially criminal.

Hipkins took over the responsibility of the health portfolio on Thursday after David Clark resigned a series of blunders.

He has asked the State Services Commission, another portfolio Hipkins is responsible for, to work with the relevant agencies to ensure there is a thorough investigation.

"I have been advised by the Ministry of Health that at this stage it cannot be confirmed beyond doubt whether a deliberate leak was involved or if this was simply human error.

"If it was the former, it is unconscionable and absolutely beggars belief why anyone would feel it was an acceptable action to take, given the trauma it is likely to cause those whose information is involved. It would, quite frankly, be abhorrent, and potentially criminal.

"Either way, it cannot happen again.

"The public has every right to expect their private information to be held securely."

One Weekend Herald journalist has seen the spreadsheet. The information has been kept secure and the publication will not contact the people included in the leak.
Mr Mike

Post by Mr Mike »

guy smiley wrote:https://www.rnz.co.nz/programmes/two-ce ... the-sequel

To most people born after 1990, “Think Big” probably means very little. A vague hint from a long-ago history class.

But to anyone around in New Zealand in the late 1970s and 1980s, Think Big was National Prime Minister Robert Muldoon’s infrastructure spend-up that was going to save the country from unemployment and the threat of rocketing oil prices.

Instead, it mired New Zealand in virtually unpayable debt.
Yes, thought it was a fun throwback.
Mr Mike

Post by Mr Mike »

terangi48 wrote:Boag.......apologises to Helicopter Life Trust for passing on doc given to her as an office holder of that group.

H Walker......decides to send it to the media to prove that details are not secure.

M Woodlouse .......sends a team of Quarantine officers on a wild goose cahes during a pandemic.

D Clark.......resigns because of breaking lockdown/Ashly under bus flinging.

Todd Miller........we will be positive in our campaigning.......

Crikey.......in Five million people like these are amid best 100 parliamentary members.....a bit of a head scratcher!

Dodgy buggers.
Yes, all pretty underwhelming. But don’t fret, there are scores of hugely qualified and experienced expat Kiwis on their way back, willing and able to share their broader perspective.
Mr Mike

Post by Mr Mike »

JB1981 wrote:Wow, Boag and Walker - both idiots. With Muller struggling to get traction those two just made things a whole lot more slippery.
”I need something to distract the media from those racism accusations....”
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

Mr Mike wrote:
JB1981 wrote:Wow, Boag and Walker - both idiots. With Muller struggling to get traction those two just made things a whole lot more slippery.
:lol: Expat posting from Texas hasn't a clue what is going on in New Zealand.
Mr Mike

Post by Mr Mike »

Muttonbirds wrote:
Mr Mike wrote:
Did I get it wrong, was it not Walker who made that statement that was condemned as racist?
Fat Old Git

Post by Fat Old Git »

Mr Mike wrote:

To most people born after 1990, “Think Big” probably means very little. A vague hint from a long-ago history class.

But to anyone around in New Zealand in the late 1970s and 1980s, Think Big was National Prime Minister Robert Muldoon’s infrastructure spend-up that was going to save the country from unemployment and the threat of rocketing oil prices.

I remember a cartoon in one of the student magazines that had him masterbating furiously with a tiny cock with the caption "Think big, think growth...".
booji boy

Post by booji boy »

Mr Mike wrote:
Muttonbirds wrote:
Mr Mike wrote:
Did I get it wrong, was it not Walker who made that statement that was condemned as racist?
No you are correct.
The Clutha-Southland MP sent a statement on Thursday claiming up to 11,000 people from "India, Pakistan and Korea" could be heading to Dunedin, Invercargill and Queenstown for quarantine.

"I've already had many calls, texts and emails from residents who do not want people in quarantine in Queenstown," Walker's statement said.
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

Mr Mike wrote:
Muttonbirds wrote:
Mr Mike wrote:
Yeah. He tried to use people's private health info to affirm his claim that Queenstown (your investment place) was about to be overrun by Indians and Pakistanis.
booji boy

Post by booji boy »

Fat Old Git wrote:
Mr Mike wrote:

I remember a cartoon in one of the student magazines that had him masterbating furiously with a tiny cock with the caption "Think big, think growth...".
Ironic that Muldoon's reign spawned Rogernomics which is equally despised by the left these days.
Mr Mike

Post by Mr Mike »

Muttonbirds wrote:
Mr Mike wrote:
Muttonbirds wrote:
Mr Mike wrote:
Yeah. He tried to use people's private health info to affirm his claim that Queenstown (your investment place) was about to be overrun by Indians and Pakistanis.
As usual you spectacularly missed the point.

And my thanks to the domestic tourism sector, we are back in the black for June in Queenstown. Pop the corks.
Mr Mike

Post by Mr Mike »

booji boy wrote:
Fat Old Git wrote:
Mr Mike wrote:

Ironic that Muldoon's reign spawned Rogernomics which is equally despised by the left these days.
I remember that magazine, my father was retraining at Lincoln at the time, and then later my very well thumbed copy of the New Zealand Party manifesto in 1984. Obviously Roger read it closer than most.
Fat Old Git

Post by Fat Old Git »

booji boy wrote:
Fat Old Git wrote:
Mr Mike wrote:

There was a cartoon in the same mag when David Lange was PM showing him undoing his coat to reveal he was actually very skinny, and that most of the bulk under his clothes was an enormous penis.
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

Mr Mike wrote:
Muttonbirds wrote:
Mr Mike wrote:
Muttonbirds wrote:
Mr Mike wrote:”I need something to distract the media from those racism accusations....”
As usual you spectacularly missed the point.

And my thanks to the domestic tourism sector, we are back in the black for June in Queenstown. Pop the corks.
I missed the point? You are desperately removed from what is happening here and your post proves that. Clip the ticket though, by all means. More money heading offshore...
Santa

Post by Santa »

There are some very stupid people in politics in New Zealand at the moment. Morons really. Oh for some dull but competent Bill Birch types.