NZ Politics Thread

All things Rugby
Santa

Re: NZ Politics Thread

Post by Santa »

Muttonbirds wrote:
Santa wrote:
Wilderbeast wrote:I don’t think it was, speed was everything. The bureaucratic gears of govt are slow and cumbersome. Waiting to enact legislation could have changed everything.
They passed something in 2 or 3 days last month. It just needed to be an amendment didn't it? Anyway who cares I've done this one to death. :thumbup:
Which would be the fate of hundreds of vulnerable New Zealanders if the government had waited to dot the eyes and cross the tees.
No it wouldn't. Not a chance.
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

Santa wrote:
Muttonbirds wrote:
Santa wrote:
Wilderbeast wrote:I don’t think it was, speed was everything. The bureaucratic gears of govt are slow and cumbersome. Waiting to enact legislation could have changed everything.
They passed something in 2 or 3 days last month. It just needed to be an amendment didn't it? Anyway who cares I've done this one to death. :thumbup:
Which would be the fate of hundreds of vulnerable New Zealanders if the government had waited to dot the eyes and cross the tees.
All the evidence points to that, particularly in the UK where health authorities say they locked down ~10 days too late.
Tehui

Post by Tehui »

Enzedder wrote:Woah - ACT. WTF???
I wonder what that spike is about?
Santa

Post by Santa »

Muttonbirds wrote:
Santa wrote:
Muttonbirds wrote:
Santa wrote:
All the evidence points to that, particularly in the UK where health authorities say they locked down ~10 days too late.
Only a moron would think it would unfold in NZ anything likening it has in the UK.

Interestingly there was a piece on the BBC last night that said the UK had problems in part because it followed the science too much in a way.The argument was that they didn't have public health people in the room making decisions, they relied too much on models, and they made some false assumptions particularly about lockdown fatigue.
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

Santa wrote:Only a moron would think it would unfold in NZ anything likening it has in the UK.
Still in denial. It must be a leafy Kensington thing.

Events in Victoria have shown in NZ it would be something like it was in the UK. And we have way worse living conditions than Australia.
Maniototo Man

Post by Maniototo Man »

Tehui wrote:
They have got in cozy with the gun lobby and pinched one of Winston's old support blocs.
RuggaBugga

Post by RuggaBugga »

Santa wrote:
Muttonbirds wrote:
Santa wrote:
Muttonbirds wrote:
Santa wrote: They passed something in 2 or 3 days last month. It just needed to be an amendment didn't it? Anyway who cares I've done this one to death. :thumbup:
Only a moron would think it would unfold in NZ anything likening it has in the UK.

Interestingly there was a piece on the BBC last night that said the UK had problems in part because it followed the science too much in a way.The argument was that they didn't have public health people in the room making decisions, they relied too much on models, and they made some false assumptions particularly about lockdown fatigue.
So they "followed the science too much in a way" by making assumptions?

Link?
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

Maniototo Man wrote:
Tehui wrote:
They have got in cozy with the gun lobby and pinched one of Winston's old support blocs.
ACT are now basically the Epsom Gun Club. But I'm pretty sure those gun-toting rednecks are going to be disappointed in what David Seymour is able to deliver.
Monkey Magic

Post by Monkey Magic »

Maniototo Man wrote:
Tehui wrote:
People leaving Nats few places for right leaning people to go. Also Seymour has been on the press a lot over the last few months and not because he has stuffed up which at the moment is pretty rare for an mp

Euthanasia, going after Winston as a leech on the public service etc all good things for him
Santa

Post by Santa »

Muttonbirds wrote:
Santa wrote:Only a moron would think it would unfold in NZ anything likening it has in the UK.

Events in Victoria have shown in NZ it would be something like it was in the UK. And we have way worse living conditions than Australia.
2159 infections and 20 deaths is something like it was in the UK is it?
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

Santa wrote:
Muttonbirds wrote:

Not sure if you have been paying attention to actual events on the ground, but it appears there is no control of this virus once it gets into the community. It stops either when it has killed who it is going to kill, or when societies make a stand against it.

The NZ people made a stand.
Santa

Post by Santa »

Muttonbirds wrote:
Santa wrote:
Muttonbirds wrote:

Not sure if you have been paying attention to actual events on the ground, but it appears there is no control of this virus once it gets into the community. It stops either when it has killed who it is going to kill, or when societies make a stand against it.

One gets the feeling that you'd actually like thousands to die in Australia as it would make you feel even more superiorer.
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

Santa wrote:
Muttonbirds wrote:
Santa wrote:
Muttonbirds wrote:

One gets the feeling that you'd actually like thousands to die in Australia as it would make you feel even more superiorer.
Ridiculous comment. I'm watching in horror just like you, but unlike you I am very aware that any plan which entertains balance between health outcomes and economic outcomes is doomed to fail. Covid-19 doesn't do economics. Health outcomes must come first. Economic outcomes can wait and are indeed much stronger if health outcomes are the initial priority.
brat

Post by brat »

Muttonbirds wrote:
Maniototo Man wrote:
Tehui wrote:
ACT are now basically the Epsom Gun Club. But I'm pretty sure those gun-toting rednecks are going to be disappointed in what David Seymour is able to deliver.
If he delivers the euthanasia bill then that’s a hell of lot more important than any bill that this government has passed
TheDocForgotHisLogon

Post by TheDocForgotHisLogon »

Monkey Magic wrote:People leaving Nats few places for right leaning people to go. Also Seymour has been on the press a lot over the last few months and not because he has stuffed up which at the moment is pretty rare for an mp

Euthanasia, going after Winston as a leech on the public service etc all good things for him
Agree with this. He's getting a lot of media and in the main comes across as thoughtful and reasonable. He's also worked across party boundaries to deliver a very important bill that HOPEFULLY gets the tick at the referendum.
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

brat wrote:
Muttonbirds wrote:
Maniototo Man wrote:
Tehui wrote:
If he delivers the euthanasia bill then that’s a hell of lot more important than any bill that this government has passed
Perhaps David Seymour could introduce a bill banning female politicians in office from having children for political purposes.
Santa

Post by Santa »

Research shows that Ardern is the world's most articulate leader. :thumbup:

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/arti ... d=12352492
Maniototo Man

Post by Maniototo Man »

Muttonbirds wrote:
Maniototo Man wrote:
Tehui wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if David Seymour finds his party and his agenda hijacked if a couple of them coat-tail into Parliament with him.
Harvey2.0

Post by Harvey2.0 »

Santa wrote:
Muttonbirds wrote:
Santa wrote:
Muttonbirds wrote:

. Muttonbird 7
25 December 2019 at 9:58 pm
Anyone want to see Australia burn?

I do.
https://thestandard.org.nz/open-mike-25 ... nt-1675679
Jay Cee Gee

Post by Jay Cee Gee »

Santa wrote:
Muttonbirds wrote:

It wouldn't be as bad as the UK, but it's worth noting that the original statement you disagreed with was that 'hundreds' of people would have died if not for the lockdown coming when it did. Even if it had only been 1/10th as bad as the UK in terms of deaths per million that'd still be 270 dead so your 'not a chance' is kind of misguided, IMO.
Harveys

Post by Harveys »

Harvey2.0 wrote:
Santa wrote: One gets the feeling that you'd actually like thousands to die in Australia as it would make you feel even more superiorer.
. Muttonbird 7

I do.
Two quotes above it he’s calling out his friends “far right hatred” then he follows up with that cracker. The man’s shadow is immense.

He operates on the lowest levels of insular tribalism & idolises his dear Leader.
Harveys

Post by Harveys »

Santa wrote:Research shows that Ardern is the world's most articulate leader. :thumbup:

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/arti ... d=12352492

:thumbup:
Harvey2.0

Post by Harvey2.0 »

Harveys wrote:
Harvey2.0 wrote:
Santa wrote: One gets the feeling that you'd actually like thousands to die in Australia as it would make you feel even more superiorer.
. Muttonbird 7

I do.
Two quotes above it he’s calling out his friends “far right hatred” then he follows up with that cracker. The man’s shadow is immense.

He operates on the lowest levels of insular tribalism & idolises his dear Leader.
He really thinks his politics put him on some higher moral plane , really he’s just a left wing version of someone like Katie Hopkins. Worse still he’s so consumed by his loathing of anyone to the right of Pol Pot he was pushing a story that the man who was groping kids was actually paid by national to do it in an effort to discredit labour.
He was mocking the effects of Covid in Italy as well saying that Italians were “dirty people”. I’m surprised he hasn’t been banned again . I was surprised his transphobic comments about trans women being “chicks with dicks” didn’t draw the attention of the mods. That would be the fourth time he was banned here, even the standard which is far more sympathetic to his far left hate mongering has banned him twice.
Dark

Post by Dark »

Muttonbirds wrote:
brat wrote:
Muttonbirds wrote:
Maniototo Man wrote: They have got in cozy with the gun lobby and pinched one of Winston's old support blocs.
Perhaps David Seymour could introduce a bill banning female politicians in office from having children for political purposes.
WTF? While I would never vote for ACT, your bullshit is getting a bit stupid, as you seem to jerk off in glee at lucking out better on Covid than Australia.

Get a fricken grip
Harvey2.0

Post by Harvey2.0 »

Dark wrote:
Muttonbirds wrote:
brat wrote:
Muttonbirds wrote:
Maniototo Man wrote: They have got in cozy with the gun lobby and pinched one of Winston's old support blocs.
WTF? While I would never vote for ACT, your bullshit is getting a bit stupid, as you seem to jerk off in glee at lucking out better on Covid than Australia.

Get a fricken grip
Assigning people positions they don’t hold and then making them deny they do seems to be a favourite tactic of extremist weirdos .

Remember this is the guy that called national the “ COVID Party “ despite national calling for border closure a month before labour did it and getting a petition together to pressure the government into putting new arrivals into quarantine . The revisionism from people like him over the COVID response is quite disturbing.
Harveys

Post by Harveys »

Harvey2.0 wrote:
Harveys wrote:
Harvey2.0 wrote:
. Muttonbird 7

I do.

He really thinks his politics put him on some higher moral plane , really he’s just a left wing version of someone like Katie Hopkins. Worse still he’s so consumed by his loathing of anyone to the right of Pol Pot he was pushing a story that the man who was groping kids was actually paid by national to do it in an effort to discredit labour.
He was mocking the effects of Covid in Italy as well saying that Italians were “dirty people”. I’m surprised he hasn’t been banned again . I was surprised his transphobic comments about trans women being “chicks with dicks” didn’t draw the attention of the mods. That would be the fourth time he was banned here, even the standard which is far more sympathetic to his far left hate mongering has banned him twice.

The guys a narcissistic pathological sociopath who gets his jolly’s from fantasising over entire nations burning when large parts of said nation are in fact burning. All this within a few breaths of discussing kids opening christmas presents then spewing delusional political hate tells you all you’ll ever need to know about the guy.

Completely delusional human scum.

The Mods f**ked up giving him another shot and they probably know it.
Wilderbeast

Post by Wilderbeast »

If you think Mutton’s a long then ignore him instead of all this collective bitching. Seems to happen every other day.
Dark

Post by Dark »

Wilderbeast wrote:If you think Mutton’s a long then ignore him instead of all this collective bitching. Seems to happen every other day.

I wasn't bitching,

I just asked him wtf he is going on about, with his odd posts.

Do you think it is ACT policy to restrict women MPs from having kids and if so why?

With links please
Wilderbeast

Post by Wilderbeast »

Dark wrote:
Wilderbeast wrote:If you think Mutton’s a long then ignore him instead of all this collective bitching. Seems to happen every other day.

I wasn't bitching,

Do you think it is ACT policy to restrict women MPs from having kids and if so why?

With links please
It’s a bullshit comment which would be better ignored.
Dark

Post by Dark »

Wilderbeast wrote:
Dark wrote:

I wasn't bitching,

With links please
It’s a bullshit comment which would be better ignored.
All good.

We can basically say he is a twat. Who happens to be full of shit.

I can live with that.
Fat Old Git

Post by Fat Old Git »

The parties on the right are too busy breaking people out of isolation so they can spread Covid to have Children. Apparently...
Dark

Post by Dark »

Fat Old Git wrote:The parties on the right are too busy breaking people out of isolation so they can spread Covid to have Children. Apparently...
??
Dark

Post by Dark »

Just out of interest

You do know who the govt is while all these people are running away from isolation are?
Dark

Post by Dark »

Ignore that.

Had a bit of a woosh moment

:blush:
Santa

Post by Santa »

Jay Cee Gee wrote:
Santa wrote:
Muttonbirds wrote:

It wouldn't be as bad as the UK, but it's worth noting that the original statement you disagreed with was that 'hundreds' of people would have di7ed if not for the lockdown coming when it did. Even if it had only been 1/10th as bad as the UK in terms of deaths per million that'd still be 270 dead so your 'not a chance' is kind of misguided, IMO.
That would be called sneaking over the line.
Harvey2.0

Post by Harvey2.0 »

Harveys wrote:
Harvey2.0 wrote:
Harveys wrote:
Harvey2.0 wrote:
. Muttonbird 7

I do.

The guys a narcissistic pathological sociopath who gets his jolly’s from fantasising over entire nations burning when large parts of said nation are in fact burning. All this within a few breaths of discussing kids opening christmas presents then spewing delusional political hate tells you all you’ll ever need to know about the guy.

Completely delusional human scum.

The Mods f**ked up giving him another shot and they probably know it.
I misquoted, he said all of Italy was fithy
Muttonbird7.1.1.3.1
17 March 2020 at 9:30 pm
I don't give a shit about Italy. The country is filthy. They all smoke. They all live with their elderly parents. Their health system is dire.

fudge 'em.
https://thestandard.org.nz/daily-review-17-03-2020/

I'm not sure why this creature is allowed to post here but he's certainly not in a position to critique anyone elses behaviour which is something he does endlessly.
Tehui

Post by Tehui »

The posters on the far left and right deserve their own thread. In fact, they deserve each other.
Sefton

Post by Sefton »

I think we all know Muttonmong is a twat but this Harvey character replying to his own posts over and again about him is more than a little obsessive.
Harvey2.0

Post by Harvey2.0 »

Sefton wrote:I think we all know Muttonmong is a twat but this Harvey character replying to his own posts over and again about him is more than a little obsessive.
You're my favourite one of Anonymous' alternate logins
Santa

Post by Santa »

Nice interview with Simon Bridges here.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/arti ... d=12352661