NZ Politics Thread

All things Rugby
Dark

Re: NZ Politics Thread

Post by Dark »

Collin's is on record of not liking "Judy" or "Crusher"

"Cindy" is more a term of endearment

What did you think of the left going on about "Soymun Brudges" Eug'?

You didn't seem to mind at the time.

Or John "Keys"
Dark

Post by Dark »

Not that I have ever called Ardern Cindy.

As it is a bit immature and stupid.

Edit: And it is funnier just saying her only real job before becoming PM was selling fish and chips
BlueThunder

Post by BlueThunder »

What's more infantilising, being called a nickname or someone getting offended on your behalf when you're the leader of the country and you've openly stated you're not bothered by it?
Dark

Post by Dark »

Meanwhile, as they have no economic policy after Covid, Labour throw in a desperate election bribe.

Not sure why they are so desperate tbf.

If Ardern doesn't win the election after Covid, it would be the biggest chock since...................The biggest choke
Election 2020: Labour would make Matariki a public holiday from 2022

Labour will make Matariki New Zealand’s twelfth public holiday from 2022 if re-elected, Labour leader Jacinda Ardern has announced.

The new winter public holiday would fall at some point during the Matariki period, with an expectation that it would always happen on either a Monday or a Friday.

The policy announcement follows a series of public campaigns for Matariki, which acts as the Māori New Year, to be recognised.

The exact timing of Matariki shifts every year as it relates to a star cluster reappearing and has traditionally varied between Iwi.

It would be the first new public holiday since the Third Labour Government made Waitangi Day a public holiday in 1973, although then Prime Minister Norman Kirk called it “New Zealand Day”.

“Matariki will be a distinctly New Zealand holiday and a time for reflection, celebration and to look to the future as we take increasing pride in our unique national identity,” Ardern said.

She said the struggling tourism sector could use the help of another holiday and noted the “long run” with no public holidays that currently happens between Queen’s Birthday in early June and Labour Day in late October.

“We don’t have many statutory holidays compared to other OECD countries and it would be good to break up the long run through winter,” Ardern said.

Labour would put the implementation off until 2022 in order to give businesses time get over the Covid-19 hit and ready themselves for another public holiday.

It is also keen to consult a team of experts to get the exact date right, Labour’s deputy leader Kelvin Davis said.

“We will work with Matariki experts to design and determine the appropriate dates for the public holiday, but we expect it will always fall on a Monday or a Friday,” Davis said.

Matariki would be the first new public holiday since Waitangi Day and the first direct expansion of paid leave for all New Zealanders since the last Labour Government added another annual week of leave in the early 2000s.

jamesfreeman

Post by jamesfreeman »

Don Key was one back in 05...
Enzedder
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Post by Enzedder »

Nothing wrong with it - just two sets of fans having some fun. I was happy to stir up some national fans with "Jong Kee"; Cindy, Jasiah, Jacinta - m'eh, who cares?. All it does is position the views of the poster in my opinion.
Hareaway

Post by Hareaway »

Wow matariki as a vote buyer ... strange .. In the middle of a global pandemic and the only policy Labour has is a day off work.
Strange times , I’m not actually against It as a holiday but cmon give us some policy ...

Tax policy would be a good place to start
Hareaway

Post by Hareaway »

Enzedder wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:08 am Nothing wrong with it - just two sets of fans having some fun. I was happy to stir up some national fans with "Jong Kee"; Cindy, Jasiah, Jacinta - m'eh, who cares?. All it does is position the views of the poster in my opinion.
Yeah all good fun ... but I hate your “ Natz ... Natzi ... “ rhetoric , you know what you are implying and would sook all over the web if someone did it to your “ saviour”
Enzedder

Post by Enzedder »

Hareaway wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:53 am
Enzedder wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:08 am Nothing wrong with it - just two sets of fans having some fun. I was happy to stir up some national fans with "Jong Kee"; Cindy, Jasiah, Jacinta - m'eh, who cares?. All it does is position the views of the poster in my opinion.
Yeah all good fun ... but I hate your “ Natz ... Natzi ... “ rhetoric , you know what you are implying and would sook all over the web if someone did it to your “ saviour”

They do and I don't. It just identifies their (and my) bias)
Dark

Post by Dark »

Enzedder wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:56 am

I have never heard Labour compared to the Nazis in my life.
Hareaway

Post by Hareaway »

And while I’m at it , all you here that refer to Judith Collins as Mrs Wong Tung .. that is latent racism and you all know it . If we had an actual Mod this may be stopped . Shame that we have come to this .
Harveys

Post by Harveys »

Hareaway wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:17 am And while I’m at it , all you here that refer to Judith Collins as Mrs Wong Tung .. that is latent racism and you all know it . If we had an actual Mod this may be stopped . Shame that we have come to this .
MB gets his racist jolly’s with that one, entirely acceptable when directed at the Nats or Aussies of course all the while calling anyone who refers to dear leader as Cindy a misogynist. :uhoh:
booji boy

Post by booji boy »

Makes you wonder how Judith Collins genuinely feels about Winston Peters when he has made a career out of xenophobic scaremongering about Asians like her husband for the past 27 years.

Absolutely disgraceful. As recently as last year he was quipping "Two wongs don't make a white."

And even Labour was checking all the 'Chinese sounding names' from property auctions as recently as 2016/17. Quite a contrast from the kind, caring, inclusive Govt image Jacinda tries to present. :roll:
Hareaway

Post by Hareaway »

That sir is ... bullshit .
Hareaway

Post by Hareaway »

So anyway , new AB team and that’s great , but who are we naming an AB team for ?

Where do we see us playing?
booji boy

Post by booji boy »

Hareaway wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:58 am So anyway , new AB team and that’s great , but who are we naming an AB team for ?

A series with the Wallabies still a chance?
Hareaway

Post by Hareaway »

booji boy wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:02 am
Hareaway wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:58 am So anyway , new AB team and that’s great , but who are we naming an AB team for ?

Where ? Obviously not Melbourne or Auckland.. do we go to Sydney or do they come here ? Serious disadvantage to the travelling team .

Let’s go neutral... 3 week isolation and then 5 test series on Norfolk Island
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

Hareaway wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:51 am

The love child of Ken Shirley and Ruth Richardson, Harvey 2.0, called Labour supporters "the Jastapo" the other day. No-one batted an eyelid.
booji boy

Post by booji boy »

Hareaway wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:11 am
booji boy wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:02 am

Where ? Obviously not Melbourne or Auckland.. do we go to Sydney or do they come here ? Serious disadvantage to the travelling team .

Let’s go neutral... 3 week isolation and then 5 test series on Norfolk Island
Nah let's put our foot on their throats. House them in Hamilton or Christchurch and bore them into submission. Actually with Rennie at the helm maybe he can make Hamilton interesting for them. On second thoughts they're Aussies. Rennie is a good coach but can't be expected to work miracles. :lol:
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

We might as well give up on the idea of a trans-tasman agreement to accomodate international rugby this year. There's too much uncertainty and it also opens up risk when we are all trying to reduce it.
Hareaway

Post by Hareaway »

Muttonbirds wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:21 am We might as well give up on the idea of a trans-tasman agreement to accomodate international rugby this year. There's too much uncertainty and it also opens up risk when we are all trying to reduce it.

So kinda begs the question of why all the palaver to name an AB team ?

There’s a couple of quiz stunners there if they don’t play .
Harvey2.0

Post by Harvey2.0 »

Muttonbirds wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:11 am
Hareaway wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:51 am

The love child of Ken Shirley and Ruth Richardson, Harvey 2.0, called Labour supporters "the Jastapo" the other day. No-one batted an eyelid.
Because thats how people like you behave , your blind devotion to dear leader leads you to be creepy and nasty to say the least . Here's a someone like you* destroying her own business tweeting about Collins and her husband. It's interesting how lefties shield of sanctimony slips when it comes to the Chinese community here or someone who's politics are the opposite of theirs.

https://twitter.com/CraigSDouglas1/stat ... 7458649088

*not exactly like you of course, she appears to have experienced some success in life. As you've pointed out you have experienced no success to speak of hence you being the bitter venomous weirdo we see projecting on multiple forums.

Jastapo describes you very very well, you hide behind your cause when being an awful person . You've said you want to see Australia burn and Italians are filthy people, I'd hate to see the stuff you say about the Chinese if those two examples are anything to go by. Were you one of the people posting racist filth at Wong Tung or did you just share it amongst your friends?
terangi48

Post by terangi48 »

Crikey.......what a feral lot on this thread......getting like the US election!

Not for me anymore......Seeya!
booji boy

Post by booji boy »

terangi48 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:46 am Crikey.......what a feral lot on this thread......getting like the US election!

Bye.
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

terangi48 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:46 am Crikey.......what a feral lot on this thread......getting like the US election!

Don't go. That's just Harvey who is seven short of a six-pack.
Gordon Bennett

Post by Gordon Bennett »

Dark wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:10 am

I have. Protest down at the Quays in Wellington a couple of weeks ago by anti-vaccine, anti-1080, anti-5G protestors. There were posters decrying NZ as a fascist state and a massive banner of Jacinda Ardern with swastika eyes. f**king loons.
Hareaway

Post by Hareaway »

Really bro ? There’s no nasty here ... I’ve read a couple of American political forums this week and bloody hell , we need to up our hatred if we want to go there ...
Hareaway

Post by Hareaway »

Gordon Bennett wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:58 am

I have. Protest down at the Quays in Wellington a couple of weeks ago by anti-vaccine, anti-1080, anti-5G protestors. There were posters decrying NZ as a fascist state and a massive banner of Jacinda Ardern with swastika eyes. f**king loons.
Who do these people vote for ? Serious question
Last edited by Hareaway on Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

Harvey's extended family. All the inbred cousins.
Gordon Bennett

Post by Gordon Bennett »

Hareaway wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:00 am

Well, there was an anti-1080 party. I think Sue Grey is running as a candidate for the Outdoors Party (https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politi ... oors-party) and there's Jami-Lee Ross' colleague in Advance New Zealand. Plenty of options for your generic loon.
Hareaway

Post by Hareaway »

Gordon Bennett wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:04 am
Hareaway wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:00 am

Well, there was an anti-1080 party. I think Sue Grey is running as a candidate for the Outdoors Party (https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politi ... oors-party) and there's Jami-Lee Ross' colleague in Advance New Zealand. Plenty of options for your generic loon.
Loons indeed .hope they all waste votes on JLR ...goodnight To the lot
Harvey2.0

Post by Harvey2.0 »

Muttonbirds wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:01 am

Harvey's extended family. All the inbred cousins.
The other night you were humiliated again on the Australian politics thread , it was hilarious to watch but before you scurried off you posted this.
Hey, harveywilson. Did you see the Young Nat plant at the Labour Summer Camp has permanent name suppression. A few sighs of relief at National HQ I think!
I don't really think that anyone who believes that National paid someone to join the Labour party and grope four teenagers at a Labour party neverland camp and get arrested for doing it so they could make Labour look bad is really in a position to cast stones.

Btw did National pay people to commit the other sexual assaults at summer camps?

On Tuesday, Kirton said he was told by Young Labour of a second alleged sexual misconduct incident at a similar event to the one last month.

Kirton was contacted by Young Labour on Monday night to say a woman had come forward saying she had been sexually assaulted at an event in the past 10 years

He had since spoken to her and offered her both counselling support and help approaching police, if she chose to do so.

The event, which is "not too dissimilar" to the February summer camp - one that discussed party policy and campaigning - was where the historic sexual assault was alleged to have happened.

If the woman, or any of the other victims, wanted to offer any help to the review the Labour Party was undertaking of its processes around dealing with sexual misconduct, she would be welcome to do that, Kirton said.

Meanwhile, former party president Mike Williams told the AM Show he had dealt with a "similar incident", during his time in charge.

Williams said he could not give any further details as the case went to court and all details were suppressed.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politi ... al-assault
Hareaway

Post by Hareaway »

Hang on Terangi ... ima come with you 🤙
Kahu

Post by Kahu »

Classic troll move by the PM to throw out a fresh bait knowing her opposition cannot resist biting such a juicy hook. It's really set David Seymour off and will distract nicely from the Green's poor publicity.

What interests me is how much the PM appears to emulate certain qualities and tactics of John Key and how Judith Collins appears to have copied the PM's tactics from the lead up to the last election which contrast heavily to the current Labour strategy. Judith is promising to deliver the galaxy although I think the latest whopper re Meth might have been best left alone but hey if you repeat a lie often enough inevitably people will start to believe it.

And Muttonbird I don't want to hear a f**king word out of your mouth re polls, gloat all you want after the election has been settled.
Enzedder

Post by Enzedder »

Judith is promising to deliver the galaxy although I think the latest whopper re Meth might have been best left alone but hey if you repeat a lie often enough inevitably people will start to believe it.
Strikeforce Raptor is really a medical team.
Fat Old Git

Post by Fat Old Git »

Madness.
booji boy

Post by booji boy »

Let's just agree that those comparing Jacinda to the Nazi's are the lunatic fringe and not part of the mainstream opposition.
Fat Old Git

Post by Fat Old Git »

booji boy wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:11 pm Let's just agree that those comparing Jacinda to the Nazi's are the lunatic fringe and not part of the mainstream opposition.
It does generally appear to be the "fans" rather than the various parties that throw up the most juvenile insults.
jamesfreeman

Post by jamesfreeman »

Kahu wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:57 am Classic troll move by the PM to throw out a fresh bait knowing her opposition cannot resist biting such a juicy hook. It's really set David Seymour off and will distract nicely from the Green's poor publicity.

What interests me is how much the PM appears to emulate certain qualities and tactics of John Key and how Judith Collins appears to have copied the PM's tactics from the lead up to the last election which contrast heavily to the current Labour strategy. Judith is promising to deliver the galaxy although I think the latest whopper re Meth might have been best left alone but hey if you repeat a lie often enough inevitably people will start to believe it.

And Muttonbird I don't want to hear a f**king word out of your mouth re polls, gloat all you want after the election has been settled.
Speaking of polls, when is the next one. For an election there have been very few polls so far...
Harveys

Post by Harveys »

booji boy wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:11 pm Let's just agree that those comparing Jacinda to the Nazi's are the lunatic fringe and not part of the mainstream opposition.
There are idiots everywhere take MB for example, he spews his deluded resentment on any forum that is yet to ban his poisonous arse.