Chat Forum
It is currently Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:07 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8632 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155 ... 216  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 5:46 am
Posts: 11026
Still think Cousins ends up in Denver.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:02 pm
Posts: 375
The eagles have traded for that dickhead michael bennett.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3818
Rams have been super busy traders. On top of the Peters trade we sent Robert Quinn to Miami for the same round (higher number) picks that Peters cost us. As well as improving our 4th & 6th round position and getting Peters we dump Quinn's salary cap hit. He did improve late in the year but he's not a natural fit for the 3-4 scheme and he's clearly declining after some injury hit seasons so its a solid Rams move.

Then today / yesterday, somewhat surprisingly the Rams sent Ogletree to the Giants for some mid/late round picks. Ogletree's a playmaking LB but he's a little soft against the run for an ILB and so is his partner Mark Barron, so it's not that surprising that the Rams should look to replace one with a bigger guy there. The surprise is that its 'Tree as he was defensive captain and got a big contract extension only last Autumn. Tells me that, a) Rams had second thoughts on the value of that. b) Rams think Barron is a more important / versatile player and will resign him.

We now have 6 picks in the 6th round :shock: (as well as 2 in the 4th and 1 in the 5th). Clearly they think its a deep draft.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6125
End of an era in Seattle

One chip was not enough


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3818
Rams just added Talib from the Broncos for a 5th and signed Sam Shields for CB depth. Now I know Shields is coming back from a year out with concussion but that DB roster is looking pretty fierce with Peters, Talib, Joyner & John Johnson starters and Webster, Shields and Roby-Coleman (hopefully resigning) as depth.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 5:46 am
Posts: 11026
Talib is a huge add :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3818
Looking forward to seeing how Jimmy G does throwing into that no-fly zone with Aaron Donald in his face. :twisted:

So great to have a proper Rams 49ers California rivalry back.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 5:46 am
Posts: 11026
Deshone Kizer traded after one season to Green Bay. Guy was never a first year starter. Lots of people liked him over Watson but I could never see it. Kizer was a shaky starter at Notre Dame which is never a good sign.

In another deal we got Tyrod Taylor from Buffalo. I'm okay with that. Now whichever QB we draft can sit behind him for a season or two. Still like Allen, could live with Rudolph and maybe Jackson (think he has potential but not sure the division suits his style). Rosen is a no and I'm back and forth on Darnold. Has great touch on his passes but I'm not sure he can command an NFL locker room with his passive demeanor and the decisions with some of his throws needs to improve.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1218
Richard Sherman 3 years / $39m to the Niners.

Bugger, guess I have to like him now.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1218
Richard Sherman 3 years / $39m to the Niners.

Bugger, guess I have to like him now.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20326
Bobcock wrote:
Richard Sherman 3 years / $39m to the Niners.

Bugger, guess I have to like him now.

$13M Dollars a season to a guy who's had two knee injuries in the last two seasons.
MCL in 2016 and ACL in 2017.
At least SF can afford it.

edit: sorry, MCL and Achillies


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3818
Sherman's a consolation prize after Talib turned them down.

Kizer could be a very good trade for Green Bay. They know how to develop a QB as backup to a Hall of Famer.

Cousins reportedly signing for massive money with the Vikings.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10237
Location: I. S. Of The Bronx
Bowens wrote:
Deshone Kizer traded after one season to Green Bay. Guy was never a first year starter. Lots of people liked him over Watson but I could never see it. Kizer was a shaky starter at Notre Dame which is never a good sign.

In another deal we got Tyrod Taylor from Buffalo. I'm okay with that. Now whichever QB we draft can sit behind him for a season or two. Still like Allen, could live with Rudolph and maybe Jackson (think he has potential but not sure the division suits his style). Rosen is a no and I'm back and forth on Darnold. Has great touch on his passes but I'm not sure he can command an NFL locker room with his passive demeanor and the decisions with some of his throws needs to improve.



And got a CB plus added Jarvis Landry. Ok Cleveland, I see you!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20326
village wrote:
Cousins reportedly signing for massive money with the Vikings.

So, Broncos and Jets drafting a QB.

Also Cardinals will have to trade up (desperately).
They have NO Quarterbacks on their roster right now and about $19M of cap space that can't possibly attract Cousins.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20326
Oakland Raiders decision on cut/keep Sean Smith just got a bit easier.
He's going to jail for a year.

Apparently Raiders were in the mix for Richard Sherman, but told him they didn't have the money to match the 49'ers offer.

Interested in talking to Mo Wilkerson and now Ndamukong Suh is just about to be cut by the Dolphins.
So, basically, Free Agent pick of either D/L or CB and then draft the other.
Maybe even draft a LB (especially as it appears we're letting go of Bowman).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6125
Fair play to Suh, he's played a blinder; the clear top of this class.

He'll smash the record for pay defensively when it's done.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:55 pm
Posts: 2070
Bills not dying wondering are they? Now up to 12 in draft after sending Glenn to Bengals and swapping 1s and Bengals get a5 and Bills 6.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:14 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20326
Broncos get themselves a star QB from the NFC.

Case Keenum.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:30 am
Posts: 104
Location: Oz
Adding Sammy Watkins to the Chiefs looks like giving us a scary offense with Kelce, K Hunt, and Hill, albeit with the still largely unproven qualities of Mahomes. Mahomes has looked good in the little we saw of him last season but I'd like to know he has a football brain to go with that arm of his.

Of course we need our O line to keep Mahomes upright but it does look like most of our draft picks will be going to the defence now. Hali's gone, Ron Parker is gone, Peters gone. Without our first-rounder in the draft that'll be a sparse set of selections for us this year. Given a choice between Berry and Peters I'd take Berry every time but it would have been nice to have both on the field again this season. Peters must've really p1ssed in someone's cornflakes, or maybe there was something else in the dressing room that Reid didn't like, including but not limited to his cornflakes. Still we need another CB (or 2) now and we need a lot more steel up against the run.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3818
Watkins got insane money for a guy who was 3rd in production among Rams receivers last year and who struggled to complete a season healthy as a Bill. No doubt he has the tools to be a #1 but KC taking a huge gamble there.

The Minnesota 3:
Bradford to Arizona
Bridgewater to the Jets
Keenum to Broncos

Cousins on massive guaranteed money to Vikings.

Seems quite a few teams have found their QB via FA. Does that allow Browns to take Barkeley at #1 and still get their choice of QB at #4?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3818
Titans sign both Butler and Dion Lewis from the Patriots
Amendola to the Dolphins. Normally you'd say that's a lot of people to replace for a contender but its NE so you know they'll be fine.

Jets get Trumaine Johnson

Bears add Trey Burton (to replace poor Zach Miller) and Allen Robinson
Moncrief signs with the Jags.
Ravens sign Ryan Grant (meh)

Cuts put Jordy Nelson (past sell-by date?) and Ndamukong Suh on the market.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3818
Eric Weddle on Twitter blasting the Bradford signing :lol: : "So dumb. Bradford has been paid more for nothing than anyone in history of nfl"

Shame the Ravens don't play the Cards this year.

Would be interesting to see a league table of $ earned per snap taken.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:14 am
Posts: 20176
Ravens spending big on receivers. Watch them all flop now.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20326
village wrote:
Cuts put Jordy Nelson (past sell-by date?) and Ndamukong Suh on the market.

If the Raiders only manage one marque signing I'd like it to be Suh.

So obviously, we're lined up to talk to Nelson :roll:
Crabtree's $7.8M doesn't look so bad considering the money being thrown at other WRs.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 5:46 am
Posts: 11026
I should know better than to say this - but the Browns might finally have a front office that "gets it." Another good move. :thumbup:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2275 ... rkley-play


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1498
Location: Saint Paul
The Vikes spending the big bucks.

I get the Bradford trade and understand Case's too as it is the nature of the business. I do feel for Bridgewater though as, notwithstanding his horrendous knee injury, he could have been a star at the Vikings. I hope his move to the Jets is a positive. I suspect he was traded rather than kept as a backup because the Vikes saw something in his recovery that they didn't like.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:07 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3496
Yer Man wrote:
village wrote:
Cuts put Jordy Nelson (past sell-by date?) and Ndamukong Suh on the market.

If the Raiders only manage one marque signing I'd like it to be Suh.

So obviously, we're lined up to talk to Nelson :roll:
Crabtree's $7.8M doesn't look so bad considering the money being thrown at other WRs.


Suh really should be a Raider - the more nasty pieces of shit we get, the better.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:07 pm
Posts: 7290
puku wrote:
The Vikes spending the big bucks.

I get the Bradford trade and understand Case's too as it is the nature of the business. I do feel for Bridgewater though as, notwithstanding his horrendous knee injury, he could have been a star at the Vikings. I hope his move to the Jets is a positive. I suspect he was traded rather than kept as a backup because the Vikes saw something in his recovery that they didn't like.


That's a good move for the Vikings (Cousins) and not as expensive as you thought it would have been.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20326
Joe Thomas retires.

Next stop, Canton in 2023.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20326
Demilich wrote:
Yer Man wrote:
village wrote:
Cuts put Jordy Nelson (past sell-by date?) and Ndamukong Suh on the market.

If the Raiders only manage one marque signing I'd like it to be Suh.

So obviously, we're lined up to talk to Nelson :roll:
Crabtree's $7.8M doesn't look so bad considering the money being thrown at other WRs.


Suh really should be a Raider - the more nasty pieces of shit we get, the better.

You wanted nasty?
Apparently we're looking to trade for the "nastiest player in the NFL - Vontaze Burfict" :shock: :shock: x(



And Derek Carr is meeting Jordy Nelson at the Airport. SMH


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1350
Yer Man wrote:
Derek Carr is meeting Jordy Nelson at the Airport. SMH

Saints are interested too


I hope we re-sign Alex Okafor. And are there any good TEs in this draft?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3818
Bowens wrote:
I should know better than to say this - but the Browns might finally have a front office that "gets it." Another good move. :thumbup:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2275 ... rkley-play


Hyde replaces Crowell, who has signed with the Jets. The talent is definitely there for the Browns to win a game or two this year. Shame for them they have to replace the retiring Joe Thomas.

Suh and Vontez to Raiders would be 'Burfect' :D .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20326
village wrote:
Bowens wrote:
I should know better than to say this - but the Browns might finally have a front office that "gets it." Another good move. :thumbup:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2275 ... rkley-play


Hyde replaces Crowell, who has signed with the Jets. The talent is definitely there for the Browns to win a game or two this year. Shame for them they have to replace the retiring Joe Thomas.

Suh and Vontez to Raiders would be 'Burfect' :D .

The Burfict rumour seems to have been debunked by both sides.

Of the 4 Free Agents we might have wanted to keep on defense, we've kept Ellis (DT), lost Autry (DE) and Carrie (CB).
Allowing Bowman to "test the market" in the hope of getting him back on a cheap deal. Maybe.

Can't see the Suh deal happening - unless we're going to make a major cut (Crabtree? Irvin?) to clear more cap space.
Which makes the interest in Jordy Nelson dubious.

Either way, we're going to have to hit it out of the park in the Draft or we're screwed defensively for another season.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3818
Raiders sign Jordy Nelson and cut Crabtree. :shock: What was Crabtree's cap hit, is there a significant net saving from this move?

Rams need a WR to replace Sammy Watkins. Would be hilarious if we grab Crabtree and he and Talib can play snatch the chain every practice.

Meanwhile Dolphins continue policy of getting rid of any of their good players. Pro-bowl center Pouncey joins Suh on the cutting room floor.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20326
vintage_cox wrote:
Yer Man wrote:
Derek Carr is meeting Jordy Nelson at the Airport. SMH

Saints are interested too


I hope we re-sign Alex Okafor. And are there any good TEs in this draft?

http://walterfootball.com/draft2018TE.php

There's one - Hayden Hurst.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20326
village wrote:
Raiders sign Jordy Nelson and cut Crabtree. :shock: What was Crabtree's cap hit, is there a significant net saving from this move?

No.

Basically the same money:
Crabtree $16M over two years ($0 guaranteed)
Nelson $15M over two years ($13M guaranteed)

Word is Crabtree has become a big problem in the locker room.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3818
Yer Man wrote:
village wrote:
Raiders sign Jordy Nelson and cut Crabtree. :shock: What was Crabtree's cap hit, is there a significant net saving from this move?

No.

Basically the same money:
Crabtree $16M over two years ($0 guaranteed)
Nelson $15M over two years ($13M guaranteed)

Word is Crabtree has become a big problem in the locker room.


Will be interesting to see how much Nelson has in the tank but perhaps then it's more about a better tutor for Amari Cooper.

Tavon Austin was due to be cut but has apparently taken a paycut to remain with Rams. Interesting move since it seems he's self aware enough to realise he was overpaid and had little chance of getting a good gig elsewhere in the league. He's frustrating because he has talent, it just doesn't seem to fit very well into the NFL (can't run routes, not great catching, not reliable hands for PR/KR). McVay tried to make him a RB last year and that failed but the fact he's not been cut must mean McVay wants to try something with him.

Other Rams rumour was they made a push to sign Bengals TE Tyler "sicknote" Eifert but Bengals matched the offer and Eifert is staying there.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3818
Texans TE Fiedorowicz retires aged 26 due to concussions. :(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5282
Yer Man wrote:
Joe Thomas retires.

Next stop, Canton in 2023.


Farewell big man ... what a team player .. travel well


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10237
Location: I. S. Of The Bronx
Hope the Jets re-sign McCown and then take a flyer on a 3rd round project. Not sure how Teddy is gonna work out. Did anyone realize that McCown has never played in the system for 2 years? 15 years in the league 15 different systems.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8632 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155 ... 216  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: anonymous_joe, DeDoc, Demilich, Evil_G, Floppykid, Google Adsense [Bot], Grizz Wyllie, julian, Rossco, sockwithaticket and 62 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group