Chat Forum
It is currently Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:21 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8653 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201 ... 217  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20308
Flyin Ryan wrote:
Jim Plunkett (Raiders, 1980 and 1983 - I don't know anything about his playing career, I guess a good parallel to Eli of some people make the case for him and some don't)

Plunkett is unique in that he wasn't starting QB at the beginning of the season - for BOTH his Superbowl wins.

Many others have picked the job up during the season, e.g. Nick Foles, Jeff Hostetler and even Tom Brady (1st SB)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9818
Location: Indiana
Yer Man wrote:
Flyin Ryan wrote:
Jim Plunkett (Raiders, 1980 and 1983 - I don't know anything about his playing career, I guess a good parallel to Eli of some people make the case for him and some don't)

Plunkett is unique in that he wasn't starting QB at the beginning of the season - for BOTH his Superbowl wins.

Many others have picked the job up during the season, e.g. Nick Foles, Jeff Hostetler and even Tom Brady (1st SB)


The deal with Hostetler, Simms got injured earlier in the season and by the time of the Super Bowl, Simms was ready to play again. Parcells made the decision to stick with Hostetler. I wonder how damning that decision was to Simms' career as a whole as far as how people perceived him.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9818
Location: Indiana
Quote:
I'm asking this as an outsider. I knew about Eli Manning before I was even remotely interested in following the game. Yet, I don't see why, other than that he was "hyped".


Realized Sydvicious I never answered this.

The reason you heard about Eli Manning before you were even remote interested in following the game is he was the quarterback for the top New York football team and New York dominates media coverage in this country.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:07 pm
Posts: 7292
Yer Man wrote:
Sydvicious wrote:
Flyin Ryan wrote:
Eli Manning benched by the Giants.

From the outside, it always appeared to me McAdoo was fired because he benched Eli. Now we're into week 3 of the next season, Eli is benched, and it makes Eli look even more like the problem and McAdoo just a scapegoat.

Watched 3 minutes of Sportscenter this morning:

-38 different starting QBs thru Week 3 (39 if Cam Newton is out). Most ever. 
-4 Super Bowl winning QBs that started Week 1 but won't in Week 3 (Roethlisberger, Brees, Eli, Foles). Most ever.

If this season is a Patriots runaway...I have better things to do in my life.


I was listening to a show yesterday where they talked bout Manning. If you look at his career stats, he was an average QB at best. Did he just get by on his name?

And two Superbowls.

He was Brady & Belichek's Kryptonite.


Tyree and Mannigham with two of the all time great catches. And the DL played incredibly well.

But his post seasons those two years were very good. Not HOF worthy though imo.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20308
Flyin Ryan wrote:
Yer Man wrote:
Flyin Ryan wrote:
Jim Plunkett (Raiders, 1980 and 1983 - I don't know anything about his playing career, I guess a good parallel to Eli of some people make the case for him and some don't)

Plunkett is unique in that he wasn't starting QB at the beginning of the season - for BOTH his Superbowl wins.

Many others have picked the job up during the season, e.g. Nick Foles, Jeff Hostetler and even Tom Brady (1st SB)


The deal with Hostetler, Simms got injured earlier in the season and by the time of the Super Bowl, Simms was ready to play again. Parcells made the decision to stick with Hostetler. I wonder how damning that decision was to Simms' career as a whole as far as how people perceived him.

God I remember that game, one of the best ever from a purist standpoint with genuine ebb-and-flow on both sides of the ball.
You're right, there was serious speculation over would Simms come back in or had the Giants found a mthod that worked.

As much as Belichick's defensive gameplan is lauded, I have to say I was impressed by what Parcells was able to do on the other side of the ball.
Hoss was a limited thrower and he was facing the awesome Bruce Smith (DE) and the bloody good Cornelius Bennett (OLB).
And the Giants refused to allow Hoss to be a sitting duck / static target.
So many times they rolled him out of the pocked to the right (away from Bruce Smith) but ran someone out into the flat forcing Bennett to back off his pass rush in case the pass went that way.
The Bills had a bloody good defence that year, it's just that most of the hype was on the high powered no-huddle offence of Machine-gun Kelly.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3819
Yer Man wrote:
Flyin Ryan wrote:
Yer Man wrote:
Flyin Ryan wrote:
Jim Plunkett (Raiders, 1980 and 1983 - I don't know anything about his playing career, I guess a good parallel to Eli of some people make the case for him and some don't)

Plunkett is unique in that he wasn't starting QB at the beginning of the season - for BOTH his Superbowl wins.

Many others have picked the job up during the season, e.g. Nick Foles, Jeff Hostetler and even Tom Brady (1st SB)


The deal with Hostetler, Simms got injured earlier in the season and by the time of the Super Bowl, Simms was ready to play again. Parcells made the decision to stick with Hostetler. I wonder how damning that decision was to Simms' career as a whole as far as how people perceived him.

God I remember that game, one of the best ever from a purist standpoint with genuine ebb-and-flow on both sides of the ball.
You're right, there was serious speculation over would Simms come back in or had the Giants found a mthod that worked.

As much as Belichick's defensive gameplan is lauded, I have to say I was impressed by what Parcells was able to do on the other side of the ball.
Hoss was a limited thrower and he was facing the awesome Bruce Smith (DE) and the bloody good Cornelius Bennett (OLB).
And the Giants refused to allow Hoss to be a sitting duck / static target.
So many times they rolled him out of the pocked to the right (away from Bruce Smith) but ran someone out into the flat forcing Bennett to back off his pass rush in case the pass went that way.
The Bills had a bloody good defence that year, it's just that most of the hype was on the high powered no-huddle offence of Machine-gun Kelly.


They certainly did. As well as the two HoFers you mentioned there was Shane Conlan, Darryl Talley, Mark Kelso, Nate Odomes so many classic 90s NFl names in that game.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1300
Location: Winterfell
The GOAT wishing us well in the World Cup 8)

https://youtu.be/5Cke9a8VKdY


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8562
Sydvicious wrote:
The GOAT wishing us well in the World Cup 8)

https://youtu.be/5Cke9a8VKdY


Pats teammate and former 7s Eagle Nate Ebner with the best response: https://twitter.com/nateebner/status/11 ... 22240?s=21


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1300
Location: Winterfell
goeagles wrote:
Sydvicious wrote:
The GOAT wishing us well in the World Cup 8)

https://youtu.be/5Cke9a8VKdY


Pats teammate and former 7s Eagle Nate Ebner with the best response: https://twitter.com/nateebner/status/11 ... 22240?s=21


This explains it :lol:

https://twitter.com/causedesign/status/ ... 83329?s=21


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9818
Location: Indiana
village wrote:
Yer Man wrote:
Flyin Ryan wrote:
Yer Man wrote:
Flyin Ryan wrote:
Jim Plunkett (Raiders, 1980 and 1983 - I don't know anything about his playing career, I guess a good parallel to Eli of some people make the case for him and some don't)

Plunkett is unique in that he wasn't starting QB at the beginning of the season - for BOTH his Superbowl wins.

Many others have picked the job up during the season, e.g. Nick Foles, Jeff Hostetler and even Tom Brady (1st SB)


The deal with Hostetler, Simms got injured earlier in the season and by the time of the Super Bowl, Simms was ready to play again. Parcells made the decision to stick with Hostetler. I wonder how damning that decision was to Simms' career as a whole as far as how people perceived him.

God I remember that game, one of the best ever from a purist standpoint with genuine ebb-and-flow on both sides of the ball.
You're right, there was serious speculation over would Simms come back in or had the Giants found a mthod that worked.

As much as Belichick's defensive gameplan is lauded, I have to say I was impressed by what Parcells was able to do on the other side of the ball.
Hoss was a limited thrower and he was facing the awesome Bruce Smith (DE) and the bloody good Cornelius Bennett (OLB).
And the Giants refused to allow Hoss to be a sitting duck / static target.
So many times they rolled him out of the pocked to the right (away from Bruce Smith) but ran someone out into the flat forcing Bennett to back off his pass rush in case the pass went that way.
The Bills had a bloody good defence that year, it's just that most of the hype was on the high powered no-huddle offence of Machine-gun Kelly.


They certainly did. As well as the two HoFers you mentioned there was Shane Conlan, Darryl Talley, Mark Kelso, Nate Odomes so many classic 90s NFl names in that game.


It's criminal how that Bills team is associated with failure. Yeah, they lost 4 Super Bowls in a row. They still made it to 4 Super Bowls in a row.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 5:46 am
Posts: 10997
So Gardner Minshew huh... what a steal. Got some Favre to him.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9818
Location: Indiana
Bowens wrote:
So Gardner Minshew huh... what a steal. Got some Favre to him.


Quarterback scouting and analysis has so much money poured into it and is so hit-and-miss.

That said, he played competent last night, but that's about all I'll say. Let's talk again about him say end of October.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3469
Antonio Brown has now been released by the Pats. :lol:

Impossible to feel sorry for the plum.

Got to think he's heading for the NFL suspending him (or the "commissioner's waiver" or what-ever it's called) if he lands with another team. Otherwise they'll catch hell for letting his latest txting debacle slide.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1300
Location: Winterfell
Demilich wrote:
Antonio Brown has now been released by the Pats. :lol:

Impossible to feel sorry for the plum.

Got to think he's heading for the NFL suspending him (or the "commissioner's waiver" or what-ever it's called) if he lands with another team. Otherwise they'll catch hell for letting his latest txting debacle slide.


Just when you think it can't get any crazier :lol:

Edit: As many people were saying, this was a low risk move by the Pats, so I don't think they'll feel like they've weakened the squad.


Last edited by Sydvicious on Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20308
Demilich wrote:
Antonio Brown has now been released by the Pats. :lol:

Impossible to feel sorry for the plum.

Got to think he's heading for the NFL suspending him (or the "commissioner's waiver" or what-ever it's called) if he lands with another team. Otherwise they'll catch hell for letting his latest txting debacle slide.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


All together now: F*ck AB :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 5:46 am
Posts: 10997
Demilich wrote:
Antonio Brown has now been released by the Pats. :lol:


So much for the theory that he is actually a brilliant self publicist. The group text stuff is beyond dumb.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:51 pm
Posts: 18200
Bowens wrote:
Demilich wrote:
Antonio Brown has now been released by the Pats. :lol:


So much for the theory that he is actually a brilliant self publicist. The group text stuff is beyond dumb.

How dumb? Like Jackson/Olding dumb?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 28447
Location: SOB>Todd
Going to try NFL again this year, really give it my best shot.

Used a random team picker and I have the Rams, am I supporting a team of winners?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 5:46 am
Posts: 10997
paddyor wrote:
Bowens wrote:
Demilich wrote:
Antonio Brown has now been released by the Pats. :lol:


So much for the theory that he is actually a brilliant self publicist. The group text stuff is beyond dumb.

How dumb? Like Jackson/Olding dumb?


Maybe dumber.

https://sports.yahoo.com/antonio-brown- ... 00460.html


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 5:46 am
Posts: 10997
Floppykid wrote:
Going to try NFL again this year, really give it my best shot.

Used a random team picker and I have the Rams, am I supporting a team of winners?


Lots of people have them going to the NFC Championship or Super Bowl.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1350
Flyin Ryan wrote:
Bowens wrote:
So Gardner Minshew huh... what a steal. Got some Favre to him.


Quarterback scouting and analysis has so much money poured into it and is so hit-and-miss.

That said, he played competent last night, but that's about all I'll say. Let's talk again about him say end of October.

Right :lol:
Remember this time last year we were right in the middle of Fitzmagic :uhoh:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3469
Was just thinking... Gruden signing back AB at a massive discount and then proclaiming it as a major win, would possibly be the most RAIDERS thing ever. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:10 pm
Posts: 3378
Location: Boston
vintage_cox wrote:
Flyin Ryan wrote:
Bowens wrote:
So Gardner Minshew huh... what a steal. Got some Favre to him.


Quarterback scouting and analysis has so much money poured into it and is so hit-and-miss.

That said, he played competent last night, but that's about all I'll say. Let's talk again about him say end of October.

Right :lol:
Remember this time last year we were right in the middle of Fitzmagic :uhoh:


I'll go to my grave defending Fitzy. A good QB.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1300
Location: Winterfell
Pats are on a charge against the Jets.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20308
Vikings 21-0 up on the Raiders.

Raiders not quite "Miami" bad, but uncomfortably close.
Vikings looking really polished.




edit: and we just get a score :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20308
HTs

"Best team in New York" the Buffalo Bills are 14-0 up on the Bengals.
Cowboys 10-6 Dolphins :shock:
Packers 17-10 Broncos
Colts 20-3 Falcons :blush:
Chiefs 23-3 Ravens (someone else's turn this week)
Vikings 21-7 Raiders
Patriots 20-0 Jets
Lions 20-10 Eagles


Not so confident about the Eagles as my NFC tip this season...
They're looking ordinary.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:51 pm
Posts: 18200
There isn’t enough in the running game and we’re down a few receivers to injury(Jackson and Jeffery). Think we can make the post season but we won’t trouble anyone beyond the first 2 rounds max.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20308
Carson Wentz has SEVEN passes dropped in the loss to Detroit.
Including 2 of the last 3 plays :blush: :blush:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:10 pm
Posts: 3378
Location: Boston
Rather interesting drop kick technique from the Ravens kicker on the onside kick attempt. Flipped it like ten feet in the air then hit it on the volley after the bounce. Didn't come off but got good air, a couple yards shorter and it might have worked.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11968
Flyin Ryan wrote:
Bowens wrote:
So Gardner Minshew huh... what a steal. Got some Favre to him.


Quarterback scouting and analysis has so much money poured into it and is so hit-and-miss.

That said, he played competent last night, but that's about all I'll say. Let's talk again about him say end of October.

The intangibles coaches talk about are a lot harder to predict than is made out.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3819
Pats D looking just as brilliant as they did in the Super Bowl (admittedly against terrible opponents). Only gave up 105 yards total offense to the Jets.

Daniel Jones looking the goods for the Giants.

Lamar Jackson looked like a second year QB today. Accuracy was off. Still looking like he'll develop into a solid QB, but he ain't no Patrick Mahomes.

Jacoby Brissett is quietly playing very well in Indy.

49ers best start since 1998 :shock:

Early impression of the Rams this year is better on D, weaker on O. Not sure where that will put us when we come up against the other top teams.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3819
Rams hold on for unconvincing win over the Browns.

John Johnson is the best Rams defender not called Donald. Absolute stud safety we got in the 3rd round 2yrs back. Endzone interception iced the game.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 12825
Two pretty damn average QBs out there tonight...

Maybe that's why the Browns called a draw on 4th and 9? :blush:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 12825
https://twitter.com/Jake_Trotter/status/1175967424698572801?s=20

Quote:
So… since ESPN began video tracking the NFL in 2007, there has never been a draw play called on 4th and 9 or more, according to @ESPNStatsInfo


:uhoh:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 12825
Still the all-time greatest 4th down play: https://streamable.com/i4lqh

:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1300
Location: Winterfell
village wrote:
Pats D looking just as brilliant as they did in the Super Bowl (admittedly against terrible opponents). Only gave up 105 yards total offense to the Jets.



The opponents may not be top tier, but they've conceded no TD's in four games, which to my limited knowledge is pretty damn good.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:30 am
Posts: 104
Location: Oz
Sydvicious wrote:
village wrote:
Pats D looking just as brilliant as they did in the Super Bowl (admittedly against terrible opponents). Only gave up 105 yards total offense to the Jets.


The opponents may not be top tier, but they've conceded no TD's in four games, which to my limited knowledge is pretty damn good.


This. Their opponents haven't been top tier. Through to week 3, the 3 teams the Patriots have played have a record of 0-9 between them. Yes, they all lost the Patriots, but they also lost all 6 of their other games as well.

Through to week 8 the Patriot's scheduled opponents have currently only won 5 games out of a possible 23 so far (Redskins to play tomorrow), and 3 of those wins belong to the Bills, the Patriot's next opponents. That'll be the game that will determine if the Patriots might face some stiffer opposition with the AFC East this year because the Jets and 'Fins look 'poor'.

The pre-season assessment of the Patriot's schedule had them tied for the second weakest schedule overall. Partly this is because they don't play themselves :shock: but their 2019 opponent's had a .473 winning record in 2018. The Chiefs on the other had tied fifth overall for the hardest schedule with their opponents having a .520 record.

After week 8 it gets more interesting for the Patriots. Baltimore and Houston might catch the Patriots on a good day but I think the Patriot's two hardest games this season are likely to be the Cowboys in week 12 and the Chiefs in week 14 - both those are at Foxborough. Both teams are good enough to beat the Patriots away, and the 2019 Chiefs look better than the team that went toe-to-toe with the Patriots in the AFC Championship during one half of football, but the Patriots could equally go 16-0 without too much effort.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:55 pm
Posts: 2064
fonzeee wrote:
Rather interesting drop kick technique from the Ravens kicker on the onside kick attempt. Flipped it like ten feet in the air then hit it on the volley after the bounce. Didn't come off but got good air, a couple yards shorter and it might have worked.


I think the intention wasn't to recover but to have the opposition call a fair catch to effectively save a time out as the clock stopped before the 2min warning. Obviously if they recovered that would have been a bonus.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1300
Location: Winterfell
gtb wrote:
Sydvicious wrote:
village wrote:
Pats D looking just as brilliant as they did in the Super Bowl (admittedly against terrible opponents). Only gave up 105 yards total offense to the Jets.


The opponents may not be top tier, but they've conceded no TD's in four games, which to my limited knowledge is pretty damn good.


This. Their opponents haven't been top tier. Through to week 3, the 3 teams the Patriots have played have a record of 0-9 between them. Yes, they all lost the Patriots, but they also lost all 6 of their other games as well.

Through to week 8 the Patriot's scheduled opponents have currently only won 5 games out of a possible 23 so far (Redskins to play tomorrow), and 3 of those wins belong to the Bills, the Patriot's next opponents. That'll be the game that will determine if the Patriots might face some stiffer opposition with the AFC East this year because the Jets and 'Fins look 'poor'.

The pre-season assessment of the Patriot's schedule had them tied for the second weakest schedule overall. Partly this is because they don't play themselves :shock: but their 2019 opponent's had a .473 winning record in 2018. The Chiefs on the other had tied fifth overall for the hardest schedule with their opponents having a .520 record.

After week 8 it gets more interesting for the Patriots. Baltimore and Houston might catch the Patriots on a good day but I think the Patriot's two hardest games this season are likely to be the Cowboys in week 12 and the Chiefs in week 14 - both those are at Foxborough. Both teams are good enough to beat the Patriots away, and the 2019 Chiefs look better than the team that went toe-to-toe with the Patriots in the AFC Championship during one half of football, but the Patriots could equally go 16-0 without too much effort.


Fair enough, but you didn't address the main point I was making in that their Defence haven't conceded a TD in four games (the original post was about the defence). I just started getting an interest in the game last year, but that still seems a pretty good stat. No matter how "weak" the opposition's offence is, surely they are always likely to leak a TD every now and then?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:51 pm
Posts: 18200
Yer Man wrote:
Carson Wentz has SEVEN passes dropped in the loss to Detroit.
Including 2 of the last 3 plays :blush: :blush:

https://twitter.com/phleaglesnation/status/1176098783106600960?s=21


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8653 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201 ... 217  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: anonymous_joe, bimboman, Bokkom, camroc1, Chilli, CrazyIslander, dinsdale, DraadkarD, Fangle, Google Adsense [Bot], Insane_Homer, lorcanoworms, Madness, mdaclarke, Mr Mike, New guy, OomPB, ovalball, Oxbow, SaintK, slopehead, tc27, Ulsters Red Hand and 104 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group