The Official Irish Rugby Thread

All things Rugby
User avatar
CM11
Posts: 60108
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by CM11 »

With regard to the penalties, some of them are clearly our fault and avoidable. Too often we're not timing our support of the ball carrier well enough, the one that stood out was Healy being pinged for holding on (nothing he could do about it) with DOC and someone else too far behind for the clearout.

We've had some pretty petty penalties against us too though. One that I remember from Sat was D'Arcy pinged for in at the side, I think it was, when he clearly wasn't. A few against France were 50/50 at worst. England went through it a few years ago where they just couldn't stop getting penalised so it may just be what Hellraiser says, the refs have it in for us currently.
User avatar
DiscoHips D'Arcy
Posts: 11975
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Belfast

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by DiscoHips D'Arcy »

Ireland's Call wrote:I see ROG hit some poor kid in the face with a ball while practicing kicking :lol: Gave him a nice bloody nose.

Gave him a signed ball to say sorry though.

Image
Kid looks like he was holding out for more in fairness
User avatar
Ireland's Call
Posts: 8343
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin, Ireland

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Ireland's Call »

DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
Ireland's Call wrote:I see ROG hit some poor kid in the face with a ball while practicing kicking :lol: Gave him a nice bloody nose.

Gave him a signed ball to say sorry though.

Image
Kid looks like he was holding out for more in fairness

His old man would want to have a word with him about those boots. :? Thats needs to be stamped out quick sharp.
User avatar
CM11
Posts: 60108
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by CM11 »

Larry Murphy wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
MunsterMan!!!!! wrote:I am just gonna say this, but maybe giving TOL a bit og game time was in relation to next week, imagine if reddan gets injured early next week.
That should be Boss or Marshall.
Boss should do marvellously alright, seeing as he's back in NZ - anyway don't think he's been so good this season. Marshall definitely has reason to feel annoyed
Much of a muchness between Boss and TOL at the moment. TOL actually shaded that head to head against the Saxons. Marshall should have been involved in that game though but since he wasn't the likelihood of him being called up was minimal.

Only thing in Boss's favour is that he plays regularly with Sexton. Obviously big mark against him is he isn't available! :lol:
massivepr1ck
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:12 pm

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by massivepr1ck »

If Bowe had allowed himself to be held up we would have had a 5 metre scrum. I'm not saying he was wrong I'm just saying the use of the penalty was very nearly a profit either way.

The refereeing could have gone either way as well, the tackle occurred in open play before the try line so it could easilly have been a penalty try either.

I agree with that particular decision to kick from hand for sure.



As for the kick directly to mark, that came from a poor pass from Reddan, one of his few mistakes.

The thing that annoyed me was the box kicking and the awful substitutions.
User avatar
Hellraiser
Posts: 14849
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Sarnath in the land of Mnar

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Hellraiser »

MunsterMan!!!!! wrote:
Hellraiser wrote:
Ireland's Call wrote:I'm concerned with the penalty situation. 14 against us on Saturday? f**king hell. Add in the French total, how we were reffed against Wales and we are doing something wrong. All good sides should be living on the edge at the breakdown, but we are giving away too many penalties.

Plus the error count is still frustrating. A bad kick, a knock on, a missed lineout and we punish ourselves too often.

We are watched more closely than other sides for breakdown shenanigans. We do however put ourselves under pressure.

While that maybe the case, but there are still definitely 3/4 stupid penalties we are still giving away. IF we cut them out or get a bit cleverer, we'll get that under double digits which should be at least the target

Agreed but we only concede them because of pressure resulting from our own mistakes for the most part.
User avatar
CM11
Posts: 60108
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by CM11 »

massivepr1ck wrote:If Bowe had allowed himself to be held up we would have had a 5 metre scrum. I'm not saying he was wrong I'm just saying the use of the penalty was very nearly a profit either way.

The refereeing could have gone either way as well, the tackle occurred in open play before the try line so it could easilly have been a penalty try either.

I agree with that particular decision to kick from hand for sure.



As for the kick directly to mark, that came from a poor pass from Reddan, one of his few mistakes.

The thing that annoyed me was the box kicking and the awful substitutions.
There is an argument, and I haven't looked at it closely, that Bowe was over the line and therefore neither him nor the tackler had to release. He took too long to place so I wouldn't have any issues with the try not being awarded but I think the correct decision should have been a 5m scrum.
User avatar
Ireland's Call
Posts: 8343
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin, Ireland

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Ireland's Call »

Something I thought prior to the game on Saturday was echoed by DOC in the quote below. I thought that a good few of those players would actually be pissed off with the hysteria from fans and the media of POC gone to add to BOD. And they should have been pissed off becuase even with those two huge players out, (and they are huge players, there is no doubt) I still thought we matched up very well.

We still had Heaslip, Healy, DOC, Best, Ferris, Bowe, Trimble, D'Arse, Earls, Sexton, Kearney......All of those players are big game players, hugely experienced, big personalities and many of them Lions to boot. This team has never been just about two players, as great as they are. We have other bloody good players in this team.
"Sometimes you get a bit frustrated when the lads are out of the squad because people think you can't tie your laces without them," mused Donncha O'Callaghan afterwards.
etherman
Posts: 5312
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by etherman »

DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
Ireland's Call wrote:I see ROG hit some poor kid in the face with a ball while practicing kicking :lol: Gave him a nice bloody nose.

Gave him a signed ball to say sorry though.

Image
Kid looks like he was holding out for more in fairness
Isn't that Keith Earls? :?
User avatar
anonymous_joe
Posts: 15098
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by anonymous_joe »

CM11 wrote:With regard to the penalties, some of them are clearly our fault and avoidable. Too often we're not timing our support of the ball carrier well enough, the one that stood out was Healy being pinged for holding on (nothing he could do about it) with DOC and someone else too far behind for the clearout.

We've had some pretty petty penalties against us too though. One that I remember from Sat was D'Arcy pinged for in at the side, I think it was, when he clearly wasn't. A few against France were 50/50 at worst. England went through it a few years ago where they just couldn't stop getting penalised so it may just be what Hellraiser says, the refs have it in for us currently.
That D;Arcy one had Fez shouting what the fudge was that for to the ref, who promptly (wouldn't you?) pointed at D'Arcy and said he'd come in from the side, to the clear surprise of anybody within a ten metre radius.
etherman
Posts: 5312
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by etherman »

Larry Murphy wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
MunsterMan!!!!! wrote:I am just gonna say this, but maybe giving TOL a bit og game time was in relation to next week, imagine if reddan gets injured early next week.
That should be Boss or Marshall.
Boss should do marvellously alright, seeing as he's back in NZ - anyway don't think he's been so good this season. Marshall definitely has reason to feel annoyed
Marshall would be a much more exciting prospect coming on with 10/15 mins to go than TOL. Although there is every chance it could also go very pear shaped for him. This season it has been largely the former for him however. I think he's worth the risk this season.
User avatar
Ireland's Call
Posts: 8343
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin, Ireland

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Ireland's Call »

I think ol Hook is trying to start another Twitter row...

If Kidney picked on form, Jamie Heaslip would be the one to lose out. The No 8 has been outplayed by his opposite number in every match so far. If he took the headphones off and stopped tweeting and instead studied more video, he might get some idea of how peripheral he is to Ireland's cause.

On Saturday, his most obvious intervention came when he foolishly ran a penalty with three points on offer and was very lucky that Ireland subsequently manufactured a try.
User avatar
CM11
Posts: 60108
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by CM11 »

Ireland's Call wrote:I think ol Hook is trying to start another Twitter row...

If Kidney picked on form, Jamie Heaslip would be the one to lose out. The No 8 has been outplayed by his opposite number in every match so far. If he took the headphones off and stopped tweeting and instead studied more video, he might get some idea of how peripheral he is to Ireland's cause.

On Saturday, his most obvious intervention came when he foolishly ran a penalty with three points on offer and was very lucky that Ireland subsequently manufactured a try.
I thought Heaslip played quite well on Sat.

Didn't have much issue with him running the peno. To be honest I think he was trying to get the extra 10m but the Scots did well (initially) to not touch him.
User avatar
anonymous_joe
Posts: 15098
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by anonymous_joe »

When has Heaslip played badly?
User avatar
Hellraiser
Posts: 14849
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Sarnath in the land of Mnar

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Hellraiser »

Ireland's Call wrote:Something I thought prior to the game on Saturday was echoed by DOC in the quote below. I thought that a good few of those players would actually be pissed off with the hysteria from fans and the media of POC gone to add to BOD. And they should have been pissed off becuase even with those two huge players out, (and they are huge players, there is no doubt) I still thought we matched up very well.

We still had Heaslip, Healy, DOC, Best, Ferris, Bowe, Trimble, D'Arse, Earls, Sexton, Kearney......All of those players are big game players, hugely experienced, big personalities and many of them Lions to boot. This team has never been just about two players, as great as they are. We have other bloody good players in this team.
"Sometimes you get a bit frustrated when the lads are out of the squad because people think you can't tie your laces without them," mused Donncha O'Callaghan afterwards.

In fairness DOC you more than most give that impression when POC is missing for Munster.
User avatar
Ireland's Call
Posts: 8343
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin, Ireland

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Ireland's Call »

CM11 wrote:
Ireland's Call wrote:I think ol Hook is trying to start another Twitter row...

If Kidney picked on form, Jamie Heaslip would be the one to lose out. The No 8 has been outplayed by his opposite number in every match so far. If he took the headphones off and stopped tweeting and instead studied more video, he might get some idea of how peripheral he is to Ireland's cause.

On Saturday, his most obvious intervention came when he foolishly ran a penalty with three points on offer and was very lucky that Ireland subsequently manufactured a try.
I thought Heaslip played quite well on Sat.

Didn't have much issue with him running the peno. To be honest I think he was trying to get the extra 10m but the Scots did well (initially) to not touch him.


Hook is all over the place there. He runs the penalty and we, err, get the try :? Heaslip as said umpteen tomes before, is forced to do a lot more dogwork on the deck. And he does it very well.
User avatar
Ireland's Call
Posts: 8343
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin, Ireland

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Ireland's Call »

Healy really does seem to be in wars with every single game these days. He's fearless and quite reckless about his own wellbeing. Fantastic player now.

Image
User avatar
CM11
Posts: 60108
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by CM11 »

Ireland's Call wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Ireland's Call wrote:I think ol Hook is trying to start another Twitter row...

If Kidney picked on form, Jamie Heaslip would be the one to lose out. The No 8 has been outplayed by his opposite number in every match so far. If he took the headphones off and stopped tweeting and instead studied more video, he might get some idea of how peripheral he is to Ireland's cause.

On Saturday, his most obvious intervention came when he foolishly ran a penalty with three points on offer and was very lucky that Ireland subsequently manufactured a try.
I thought Heaslip played quite well on Sat.

Didn't have much issue with him running the peno. To be honest I think he was trying to get the extra 10m but the Scots did well (initially) to not touch him.


Hook is all over the place there. He runs the penalty and we, err, get the try :? Heaslip as said umpteen tomes before, is forced to do a lot more dogwork on the deck. And he does it very well.
I presume Hook criticised Best for going for the corner and Sexton for kicking to Bowe too?
User avatar
camroc1
Posts: 41432
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by camroc1 »

CM11 wrote:
Ireland's Call wrote:I'm concerned with the penalty situation. 14 against us on Saturday? f**king hell. Add in the French total, how we were reffed against Wales and we are doing something wrong. All good sides should be living on the edge at the breakdown, but we are giving away too many penalties.

Plus the error count is still frustrating. A bad kick, a knock on, a missed lineout and we punish ourselves too often.
I agree on the penalties but I thought our error count was quite low against Scotland. Ok some of the kicking could constitute errors if you want but that comes down to opinion more than anything else (other than the obvious kick to a Scot in his 22 with no-one near him but even that worked out for us!).

Sexton's kick to Bowe - yay or nay? Is it one of those it was only the right call if it worked? I was a bit upset we got nothing out of that passage of play, probably our most fluid attack from deep this season.
I asked this on the match thread, but didn't see any answers.

Surely both Bowe and his tackler were in- goal and therefore off the field of play for the incident; in which case the tackle laws didn't apply, and the Scot was entitled to hold on as long as he wanted, just as Bowe was allowed to take as many attempts to ground the ball as he wanted, until the ball became unplayable ?

Any opinions ?
User avatar
CM11
Posts: 60108
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by CM11 »

camroc1 wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Ireland's Call wrote:I'm concerned with the penalty situation. 14 against us on Saturday? f**king hell. Add in the French total, how we were reffed against Wales and we are doing something wrong. All good sides should be living on the edge at the breakdown, but we are giving away too many penalties.

Plus the error count is still frustrating. A bad kick, a knock on, a missed lineout and we punish ourselves too often.
I agree on the penalties but I thought our error count was quite low against Scotland. Ok some of the kicking could constitute errors if you want but that comes down to opinion more than anything else (other than the obvious kick to a Scot in his 22 with no-one near him but even that worked out for us!).

Sexton's kick to Bowe - yay or nay? Is it one of those it was only the right call if it worked? I was a bit upset we got nothing out of that passage of play, probably our most fluid attack from deep this season.
I asked this on the match thread, but didn't see any answers.

Surely both Bowe and his tackler were in- goal and therefore off the field of play for the incident; in which case the tackle laws didn't apply, and the Scot was entitled to hold on as long as he wanted, just as Bowe was allowed to take as many attempts to ground the ball as he wanted, until the ball became unplayable ?

Any opinions ?
Mentioned that above. One for OB.
User avatar
Ireland's Call
Posts: 8343
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin, Ireland

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Ireland's Call »

CM11 wrote:
Ireland's Call wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Ireland's Call wrote:I think ol Hook is trying to start another Twitter row...

If Kidney picked on form, Jamie Heaslip would be the one to lose out. The No 8 has been outplayed by his opposite number in every match so far. If he took the headphones off and stopped tweeting and instead studied more video, he might get some idea of how peripheral he is to Ireland's cause.

On Saturday, his most obvious intervention came when he foolishly ran a penalty with three points on offer and was very lucky that Ireland subsequently manufactured a try.
I thought Heaslip played quite well on Sat.

Didn't have much issue with him running the peno. To be honest I think he was trying to get the extra 10m but the Scots did well (initially) to not touch him.


Hook is all over the place there. He runs the penalty and we, err, get the try :? Heaslip as said umpteen tomes before, is forced to do a lot more dogwork on the deck. And he does it very well.
I presume Hook criticised Best for going for the corner and Sexton for kicking to Bowe too?
:lol: The same article
Rory Best's leadership contrasted with that of Ross Ford. The Irish captain took the very brave decision to go for touch to initiate the set move for his own try, while Ford -- with a yellow card or even a penalty try beckoning after two infringements by Ireland at the maul -- went for the three points.
User avatar
epaddy
Posts: 1544
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by epaddy »

camroc1 wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Ireland's Call wrote:I'm concerned with the penalty situation. 14 against us on Saturday? f**king hell. Add in the French total, how we were reffed against Wales and we are doing something wrong. All good sides should be living on the edge at the breakdown, but we are giving away too many penalties.

Plus the error count is still frustrating. A bad kick, a knock on, a missed lineout and we punish ourselves too often.
I agree on the penalties but I thought our error count was quite low against Scotland. Ok some of the kicking could constitute errors if you want but that comes down to opinion more than anything else (other than the obvious kick to a Scot in his 22 with no-one near him but even that worked out for us!).

Sexton's kick to Bowe - yay or nay? Is it one of those it was only the right call if it worked? I was a bit upset we got nothing out of that passage of play, probably our most fluid attack from deep this season.
I asked this on the match thread, but didn't see any answers.

Surely both Bowe and his tackler were in- goal and therefore off the field of play for the incident; in which case the tackle laws didn't apply, and the Scot was entitled to hold on as long as he wanted, just as Bowe was allowed to take as many attempts to ground the ball as he wanted, until the ball became unplayable ?

Any opinions ?
There may have been difficulty with Bowe having been in goal then back on the field of play, then touching it down. But surely Morrison would have been penalised for lying on top of Bowe.
User avatar
CM11
Posts: 60108
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by CM11 »

Ireland's Call wrote: :lol: The same article
Rory Best's leadership contrasted with that of Ross Ford. The Irish captain took the very brave decision to go for touch to initiate the set move for his own try, while Ford -- with a yellow card or even a penalty try beckoning after two infringements by Ireland at the maul -- went for the three points.
FFS! :lol:
User avatar
Willie Falloon
Posts: 8803
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Willie Falloon »

Heaslip has had an average 6 nations. On his day he's a great 8, but unfortunatly those days are few and far between.
User avatar
Despot
Posts: 2574
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Despot »

CM11 wrote:
Ireland's Call wrote: :lol: The same article
Rory Best's leadership contrasted with that of Ross Ford. The Irish captain took the very brave decision to go for touch to initiate the set move for his own try, while Ford -- with a yellow card or even a penalty try beckoning after two infringements by Ireland at the maul -- went for the three points.
FFS! :lol:

Why are ye giving Hook any kind of recognition, even if it is laughing smileys?
User avatar
Ireland's Call
Posts: 8343
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin, Ireland

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Ireland's Call »

Greg Feek really is the business. Our scrum is a very good one now, Paris was a real watershed in that area I think.

DOC on Feek.
“Our scrum probably doesn’t get enough mention but to be fair to Greg Feek, he’s got to get an awful lot of praise, just for the work he’s done in terms of analysis. I think we’re reaping the reward of getting good coaching.

“An awful lot of credit will go to Mike [Ross], Cian [Healy] too, and Rory, who do all of the hard work but that’s because they’re getting such clear detail, which is heaven to get from coaches.

“They can pick out one or two relevant points and work on it. This week he’ll have the points he’ll be happy with and the points we need to work on. Sometimes guys don’t get credit but he definitely deserves it with how our scrum is shaping up.”
User avatar
Witchfinder General
Posts: 1744
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Witchfinder General »

Ireland's Call wrote:
DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
Ireland's Call wrote:I see ROG hit some poor kid in the face with a ball while practicing kicking :lol: Gave him a nice bloody nose.

Gave him a signed ball to say sorry though.

Image
Kid looks like he was holding out for more in fairness

His old man would want to have a word with him about those boots. :? Thats needs to be stamped out quick sharp.
Its impossible to find plain black boots for kids these days, i bought new boots for my boys a few weeks ago (they are 4 and 5) and both pairs were luminous green and purple, i asked the guy in the shop if they stocked plain ones and he told me not in kids sizes,No demand apparently.
Trostan
Posts: 2819
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Down by the Riverside

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Trostan »

etherman wrote:
DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
Ireland's Call wrote:I see ROG hit some poor kid in the face with a ball while practicing kicking :lol: Gave him a nice bloody nose.

Gave him a signed ball to say sorry though.

Image
Kid looks like he was holding out for more in fairness
Isn't that Keith Earls? :?
Don't be ridiculous. Keith Earls wears pink boots with green laces.
User avatar
CM11
Posts: 60108
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by CM11 »

Despot wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Ireland's Call wrote: :lol: The same article
Rory Best's leadership contrasted with that of Ross Ford. The Irish captain took the very brave decision to go for touch to initiate the set move for his own try, while Ford -- with a yellow card or even a penalty try beckoning after two infringements by Ireland at the maul -- went for the three points.
FFS! :lol:

Why are ye giving Hook any kind of recognition, even if it is laughing smileys?
Sorry sir....
User avatar
CM11
Posts: 60108
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by CM11 »

For those who watched the Munster game, anything of note to say about Wallace?
Trostan
Posts: 2819
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Down by the Riverside

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Trostan »

camroc1 wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Ireland's Call wrote:I'm concerned with the penalty situation. 14 against us on Saturday? f**king hell. Add in the French total, how we were reffed against Wales and we are doing something wrong. All good sides should be living on the edge at the breakdown, but we are giving away too many penalties.

Plus the error count is still frustrating. A bad kick, a knock on, a missed lineout and we punish ourselves too often.
I agree on the penalties but I thought our error count was quite low against Scotland. Ok some of the kicking could constitute errors if you want but that comes down to opinion more than anything else (other than the obvious kick to a Scot in his 22 with no-one near him but even that worked out for us!).

Sexton's kick to Bowe - yay or nay? Is it one of those it was only the right call if it worked? I was a bit upset we got nothing out of that passage of play, probably our most fluid attack from deep this season.
I asked this on the match thread, but didn't see any answers.

Surely both Bowe and his tackler were in- goal and therefore off the field of play for the incident; in which case the tackle laws didn't apply, and the Scot was entitled to hold on as long as he wanted, just as Bowe was allowed to take as many attempts to ground the ball as he wanted, until the ball became unplayable ?

Any opinions ?
Have to say, I would think you are right.
The reason given for disallowing the try was "double movement" - how did this apply, when Bowe hadn't previously grounded the ball?
MunsterMan!!!!!
Posts: 4729
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by MunsterMan!!!!! »

Ireland's Call wrote:
Ireland's Call wrote:I think ol Hook is trying to start another Twitter row...

If Kidney picked on form, Jamie Heaslip would be the one to lose out. The No 8 has been outplayed by his opposite number in every match so far. If he took the headphones off and stopped tweeting and instead studied more video, he might get some idea of how peripheral he is to Ireland's cause.

On Saturday, his most obvious intervention came when he foolishly ran a penalty with three points on offer and was very lucky that Ireland subsequently manufactured a try.

Rory Best's leadership contrasted with that of Ross Ford. The Irish captain took the very brave decision to go for touch to initiate the set move for his own try, while Ford -- with a yellow card or even a penalty try beckoning after two infringements by Ireland at the maul -- went for the three points.



I am strongly thinking of starting up a website or some sort of online campaign to try and get George hook fried from all media outlets, and I don't want to see anybody out of a job but that man is a joke, the shit he was on about with Best being captain I mean wtf George. What I really hate is the fact that he takes a dislike to certain players and even if they play well, he still goes on about them, this example is case and point, Heaslip took the right decision and more importantly was back by the rest of his team hence why the try was scored. George hook is a utter plum. Rant over
Munster-fogs
Posts: 2070
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Munster-fogs »

CM11 wrote:For those who watched the Munster game, anything of note to say about Wallace?
Nothing of note to say about anyone. It was a complete farcical performance.
monners1969
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by monners1969 »

Ireland's Call wrote:Greg Feek really is the business. Our scrum is a very good one now, Paris was a real watershed in that area I think.

DOC on Feek.
“Our scrum probably doesn’t get enough mention but to be fair to Greg Feek, he’s got to get an awful lot of praise, just for the work he’s done in terms of analysis. I think we’re reaping the reward of getting good coaching.

“An awful lot of credit will go to Mike [Ross], Cian [Healy] too, and Rory, who do all of the hard work but that’s because they’re getting such clear detail, which is heaven to get from coaches.

“They can pick out one or two relevant points and work on it. This week he’ll have the points he’ll be happy with and the points we need to work on. Sometimes guys don’t get credit but he definitely deserves it with how our scrum is shaping up.”

The scrum has become better than stable. Funny how when Euan Murray came on he appeared to get his arse handed to him.......

Healy was immense on Saturday, hes one of those guys that once he gets his hands on the ball once he seems to pop up everywhere....

I was really heartened by Saturday. I think Earls is growing in to the 13 jersey - he is not and never will be BOD - but competent. I thought he was going to get physically ruined but he seems to have been concentrating hard on defence..... Needs to build back on his attacking strengths - he ran a couple of great lines on saturday....

All that said - Twickers will be very difficult. England have their tails and even though France were doubly shit yesterday - this 4th game in a row may be one too far.
User avatar
He Man Rugger Pints
Posts: 1865
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: 3 from 3

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by He Man Rugger Pints »

Hook in coming across as a complete buffoon shocker, b his opinion carries no weight with anyone who knows the first thing about the game.
MunsterMan!!!!!
Posts: 4729
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by MunsterMan!!!!! »

One thing I will say, I do like coming up against a confident England side :twisted:
Nolanator
Posts: 38833
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Nolanator »

He Man Rugger Pints wrote:Hook in coming across as a complete buffoon shocker, b his opinion carries no weight with anyone who knows the first thing about the game.
That's why he's a problem. Too many people repeat something like what he says. Does my head in.
User avatar
lorcanoworms
Posts: 11729
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by lorcanoworms »

The second jock lineout penalty for interfering with the jumper in the air well no one went near him,you could say we hit the lifters early maybe.
User avatar
SASP
Posts: 8975
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:01 pm
Location: Donegal

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by SASP »

The rugby blogs ratings of Irish players v Scotland

http://www.therugbyblog.co.uk/rbs-six-n ... v-scotland
MunsterMan!!!!!
Posts: 4729
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by MunsterMan!!!!! »

Nolanator wrote:
He Man Rugger Pints wrote:Hook in coming across as a complete buffoon shocker, b his opinion carries no weight with anyone who knows the first thing about the game.
That's why he's a problem. Too many people repeat something like what he says. Does my head in.

He is a pundit for the bandwagoner and the retards
Post Reply