The Official Irish Rugby Thread

All things Rugby
Duff Paddy

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Duff Paddy »

Uncle Fester wrote:Ah fück. Poor bugger.
That's not confirmed
Hellraiser

Post by Hellraiser »

Duff Paddy wrote:
That's not confirmed

Ehh, yeah it is.

http://www.the42.ie/jordi-murphy-irelan ... 2-Nov2016/
earl the beaver

Post by earl the beaver »

Duff Paddy wrote:
That's not confirmed
It's been headline news on the BBC since I had lunch :?
binge90

Post by binge90 »

earl the beaver wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
That's not confirmed
It's been headline news on the BBC since I had lunch :?
Nah never heard of em mate.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Shit the fudge up. Niyi, Leavy and O'Donoghue all uncapped players added to squad. No TOD.
Hellraiser

Post by Hellraiser »

Shane Horgan made an interesting point on Second Captains, he said that Ireland's entire game was encapsulated by Murray's try. He said Ryan took a line just before it that fixed both the pillar defender (Smith) and the next player out and made the space for Murray.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

Da moves. :smug:
vh5150

Post by vh5150 »

Once again congrats to Ireland and the Irish fans. It really was a superb display of rugby. And that's what is needed to beat the number 1 side. 80 minutes of utter concentration, in your face defence and show some enterprise. Brilliant and not with all their top players available either. A young side as well. The key for Ireland now is can they do this week in week out? The six nations will be brilliant and I suspect the Irish v England clash will be epic. Great result for NH rugby.

To the ABs I say it's been a great run and you lost to a far better team on the day which is how a great run should end. If history proves one thing it is the All Blacks learn from their losses more than their wins. Several youngsters have been transitioned into the squad in 2016 and the future still looks exciting. I expect the ABs to bounce back in the weeks ahead with some new tricks up their sleeves and a redeveloped game plan. I expect the coaching team to go into full ruthless mode with the Lions on the horizon.

I raise my glass to the men in green and their supporters, toast what has been a fine post World Cup year for the ABs and most importantly celebrate the greatest game on Earth.

Good luck to all on the remaining fixtures ahead this month.
RWC2015

Post by RWC2015 »

paddyor wrote:
feckwanker wrote:I cannot stop watching highlights of the last 5 minutes of the match. It really is unbelievable stuff.
The middle 3rd from about 20mins to 50min was the most impressive IMO. Kept them scoreless for over 30 minutes and had them on a yellow warning before HT.
They cheated their f**king guts out until they got the warning. Cue miraculous improvement....
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Hellraiser wrote:Shane Horgan made an interesting point on Second Captains, he said that Ireland's entire game was encapsulated by Murray's try. He said Ryan took a line just before it that fixed both the pillar defender (Smith) and the next player out and made the space for Murray.
No mention of Stander's illegal block? The all blacks themselves would have been proud of it
RWC2015

Post by RWC2015 »

Duff Paddy wrote:Shit the f**k up. Niyi, Leavy and O'Donoghue all uncapped players added to squad. No TOD.
Yep and the Berlin wall is no more ;)

You were obviously working properly today unlike the rest of us?
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

RWC2015 wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:Shit the f**k up. Niyi, Leavy and O'Donoghue all uncapped players added to squad. No TOD.
Yep and the Berlin wall is no more ;)

You were obviously working properly today unlike the rest of us?
This thread is moving too fast
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

RWC2015 wrote:
paddyor wrote:
feckwanker wrote:I cannot stop watching highlights of the last 5 minutes of the match. It really is unbelievable stuff.
The middle 3rd from about 20mins to 50min was the most impressive IMO. Kept them scoreless for over 30 minutes and had them on a yellow warning before HT.
They cheated their f**k guts out until they got the warning. Cue miraculous improvement....
Our first maul try exemplified this. They had numerous players in the side plus three attempts to collapse the maul, yet they went back to see whether there was a possible knock on, instead of awarding a PT and YC.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

camroc1 wrote:
RWC2015 wrote:
paddyor wrote:
They cheated their f**k guts out until they got the warning. Cue miraculous improvement....
Our first maul try exemplified this. They had numerous players in the side plus three attempts to collapse the maul, yet they went back to see whether there was a possible knock on, instead of awarding a PT and YC.
It has always been that way and we should learn from them. Always push the laws, if the whole team is slightly offside in defence at every phase then it gains an invisibility cloak. Never concede the 7 when you can concede 3.
MunsterMan!!!!!

Post by MunsterMan!!!!! »

Duff Paddy wrote:
Hellraiser wrote:Shane Horgan made an interesting point on Second Captains, he said that Ireland's entire game was encapsulated by Murray's try. He said Ryan took a line just before it that fixed both the pillar defender (Smith) and the next player out and made the space for Murray.
No mention of Stander's illegal block? The all blacks themselves would have been proud of it

I was shocked Reid said nothing to the ref, franks got a touch of Murray I´m pretty sure that if stander didn´t block him he would have got him. But that´s rugby, Intelligent cheating and we are not pretty handy at it now.

Edit: now pretty handy at it. Sorry spanish keyboard and 3 hours of free wine in the hostel and still basking in the glory!!!
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

MunsterMan!!!!! wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:

I was shocked Reid said nothing to the ref, franks got a touch of Murray I´m pretty sure that if stander didn´t block him he would have got him. But that´s rugby, Intelligent cheating and we are not pretty handy at it now.
I'm not sure Read could have made a complaint with a straight face considerin NZ have patented going beyond the ball and taking defenders out. Stander was also quite clever by appearing passive rather than active.
lorcanoworms

Post by lorcanoworms »

Ref has the arm out for a penalty advantage, Ireland spread the ball NZ player deliberately knocks on Sextons pass and ref just brings it back to the sidelines penalty.
Despot

Post by Despot »

PourSomeRuggerOnMe wrote:
Brumby_in_Vic wrote:good video from the kiwi news. Furlong very emotional went interviewed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHTkYj15mD0
Furlong has the most Irish head I've ever seen. Looks like he should be managing a pub down the country somewhere, walking around whistling and jangling his keys in his pocket. He had some game. He probably has a few things still to learn in the scrum but it's incredible that now Ross looks to have played his last game, that we have a replacement of Furlong's calibre to slot in. And as much as I will always love Mike Ross, Furlong is a serious improvement around the pitch. Could well be in the Lions 23, imagine the impact of a bench front row of Mako, Jamie George and Furlong. Jaysus.
To add that for the henshaw try one of the most important parts was the nudge by the Irish tight head in the scrum. Key to holding Cane bound for half a second. Long time since we had a back up tight head who could that-take a bow F Bealham.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Despot wrote:
Brumby_in_Vic wrote:good video from the kiwi news. Furlong very emotional went interviewed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHTkYj15mD0
Furlong has the most Irish head I've ever seen. Looks like he should be managing a pub down the country somewhere, walking around whistling and jangling his keys in his pocket. He had some game. He probably has a few things still to learn in the scrum but it's incredible that now Ross looks to have played his last game, that we have a replacement of Furlong's calibre to slot in. And as much as I will always love Mike Ross, Furlong is a serious improvement around the pitch. Could well be in the Lions 23, imagine the impact of a bench front row of Mako, Jamie George and Furlong. Jaysus.
To add that for the henshaw try one of the most important parts was the nudge by the Irish tight head in the scrum. Key to holding Cane bound for half a second. Long time since we had a back up tight head who could that-take a bow F Bealham.
You can't have a Ross in the defensive line against the All Blacks
RWC2015

Post by RWC2015 »

I love Murray roughing TJP up after the final pen is given and TJP wouldn't give him the ball. He's some f**king dude :thumbup:
RWC2015

Post by RWC2015 »

Despot wrote:
Furlong can actually pass the ball too. Soft hands.
MunsterMan!!!!!

Lenny wrote:
MunsterMan!!!!! wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:

I'm not sure Read could have made a complaint with a straight face considerin NZ have patented going beyond the ball and taking defenders out. Stander was also quite clever by appearing passive rather than active.
That's exactly what I mean we've a bit of subtlety in our cheating. Love it, some good honesty cheating
MunsterMan!!!!!

The other thing that has to be mentioned is there was an increíble amount of emotion involved in that game and some might not what to hear it but passion. Listening to Kearney talking about his last 18 months and questions about him, furlong after the match, Ryan with his 60-0 comment and of course the 8 shape for the haka, never mind the history. We all know joe is a legend and the best coach in the world but if he can get the player to replacate 75% of that performance he'll be doing extremely well. But I've no doubt
paddyor

Post by paddyor »

A lot has been made about how often the all blacks concede that many. Other than Italy, what other tier one sides have we scored 5 tries against under schmidt
DOB

Post by DOB »

paddyor wrote:A lot has been made about how often the all blacks concede that many. Other than Italy, what other tier one sides have we scored 5 tries against under schmidt
Scotland to clinch the 2015 6N, Iirc.
Hellraiser

Post by Hellraiser »

paddyor wrote:A lot has been made about how often the all blacks concede that many. Other than Italy, what other tier one sides have we scored 5 tries against under schmidt

Scotland in the 2015 6Ns and Wales in the first RWC warm-up.
Conn

Post by Conn »

Honestly this isn't a poor me post. But I'm the last 36 hours on a trolley in UHG. My back feels like it's about to break, I don't know how those old folk do it. The nurse is racing around trying to find me a blanket. Felt bad asking her, she's up to her tonsils in work
Brumby_in_Vic

Post by Brumby_in_Vic »

camroc1 wrote:
RWC2015 wrote:
paddyor wrote:
I have a feeling that Reynal knew that Murphy grounded the ball and the AR was fishing for a knock on.

The Moala try shouldn't have been awarded knock on as the ball hit the ground.

NZ was still infringing despite the warning. There were cynical offences by Coles lazy running in the ten channel and in the build up to CJ's try where there was advantage for two separate offences. Had it been a Top 14 or Spiv Cup match going on reputation Reynal would have binned at least two of them.
I was shocked Reid said nothing to the ref
Probably because he had seen Richie get away with it for years and thought it was legal.
RWC2015

Post by RWC2015 »

Conn wrote:Honestly this isn't a poor me post. But I'm the last 36 hours on a trolley in UHG. My back feels like it's about to break, I don't know how those old folk do it. The nurse is racing around trying to find me a blanket. Felt bad asking her, she's up to her tonsils in work
nightmare, hope you get out of there soon. In the mean time this might bring cheer you up:
http://www.autocorrectfail.org/popular
Blackrock Bullet

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

Home. I'm f**ked, what a trip. :o
rfurlong

Post by rfurlong »

Conn wrote:Honestly this isn't a poor me post. But I'm the last 36 hours on a trolley in UHG. My back feels like it's about to break, I don't know how those old folk do it. The nurse is racing around trying to find me a blanket. Felt bad asking her, she's up to her tonsils in work
Get well soon Conn.

You should ask that A&E nurse why she accepts a situation where her union colleagues in the wards upstairs refuse to take additional patients in order to alleviate the pressure on A&E

We have more nurses per head of population than most other OECD countries, so she shouldn't be running around like crazy if the overall nursing work practices were properly structured.
Conn

Post by Conn »

rfurlong wrote:
Get well soon Conn.

You should ask that A&E nurse why she accepts a situation where her union colleagues in the wards upstairs refuse to take additional patients in order to alleviate the pressure on A&E

We have more nurses per head of population than most other OECD countries, so she shouldn't be running around like crazy if the overall nursing work practices were properly structured.

I'm in a ward!, they just can't get a bed for me. So I'm in the corner like the naughty kid.

Oh and thanks :thumbup:
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

Conn wrote:
rfurlong wrote:
Get well soon Conn.

I'm in a ward!, they just can't get a bed for me. So I'm in the corner like the naughty kid.

Hope its nothing too serious, Conn.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

Conn wrote:
rfurlong wrote:
Get well soon Conn.

That was me a couple of months ago.

Gets impressive quickly once out of A&E
Conn

Post by Conn »

Lenny wrote:
Conn wrote:
rfurlong wrote:
Get well soon Conn.

Hope its nothing too serious, Conn.

No, I'll be fine. Boredom made me post to be honest. I wouldn't usually.
So I'll have 2 Canada tickets going spare. I was going to bring the young fella to his first international.
HighKingLeinster

Post by HighKingLeinster »

may as well try and get a sponge bath out of her while you're at it
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

Conn wrote:So I'll have 2 Canada tickets going spare. I was going to bring the young fella to his first international.

That's shit luck. :thumbdown:
TheBouncer

Post by TheBouncer »

god speed conn
Conn

Post by Conn »

Nolanator wrote:
Conn wrote:So I'll have 2 Canada tickets going spare. I was going to bring the young fella to his first international.

On the plus side. I'll now be going to the Oz game 8)

My wife was in this morning, she said he was very disappointed we wouldn't be able to go, so she told him we might be able to go to that game.

I bought the three game deal from the club, but had only planned on going to the new Zealand one.
Mr. Very Popular

Post by Mr. Very Popular »

Conn wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

On the plus side. I'll now be going to the Oz game 8)

My wife was in this morning, she said he was very disappointed we wouldn't be able to go, so she told him we might be able to go to that game.

I bought the three game deal from the club, but had only planned on going to the new Zealand one.
It was worth getting galloping knobrot so :thumbup: