Floppykid

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Floppykid »

Addison is injured again?
He's a complete sick note.
RWC2015

Post by RWC2015 »

How the fock did Read get away with this?

Red card and 6 week ban:

https://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/RugbyWo ... s-20190923

Video at end...
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

RWC2015 wrote:How the fock did Read get away with this?

Red card and 6 week ban:

Video at end...
Is it still within the citing window?
RWC2015

Post by RWC2015 »

Floppykid wrote:
RWC2015 wrote:How the fock did Read get away with this?

Red card and 6 week ban:

Video at end...
Is it still within the citing window?
Nope...
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

All Blacks special there then.
Mustapha

Post by Mustapha »

Gents. What Irish clubs are FCs, as opposed to RFCs?

So far, in no particular order:

Dublin University
Wanderers
Lansdowne
Clontarf
Bective
Monkstown
DLSP
Carlow
Cork Con
Garryowen
Clanwilliam

Am I missing any? Thanks in advance!
boringperson12

Post by boringperson12 »

Of the top of my head, can't think of any in Ulster.
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

How was the Samoa Russia game? Was on my feet all day.
bw245

Post by bw245 »

It’s seriously annoying me how injury prone Sexton and Henshaw are. It’s not their fault of course, but I don’t think it’s fair that other players are missing out (Addison, for example) because management are waiting on these players to get better. Looks like Henshaw won’t be available this week either. Send him home in my opinion. It’s a place that another player who is fully fit could have. Same with Sexton who is just useless lately anyway.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

bw245 wrote:It’s seriously annoying me how injury prone Sexton and Henshaw are. It’s not their fault of course, but I don’t think it’s fair that other players are missing out (Addison, for example) because management are waiting on these players to get better. Looks like Henshaw won’t be available this week either. Send him home in my opinion. It’s a place that another player who is fully fit could have. Same with Sexton who is just useless lately anyway.
It's a pity you name checked Addison there. Your point might have made more sense had you not.
bw245

Post by bw245 »

CM11 wrote:
bw245 wrote:It’s seriously annoying me how injury prone Sexton and Henshaw are. It’s not their fault of course, but I don’t think it’s fair that other players are missing out (Addison, for example) because management are waiting on these players to get better. Looks like Henshaw won’t be available this week either. Send him home in my opinion. It’s a place that another player who is fully fit could have. Same with Sexton who is just useless lately anyway.
It's a pity you name checked Addison there. Your point might have made more sense had you not.
You just insert the name of the player you wanted me to say and problem solved.
Trostan

Post by Trostan »

rfurlong wrote:those 3d clips are very good ....... first time I noticed larmour shoving fagerson (16) into Conway/Wilson, which led to the fumble

re: team for japan, I'm presuming Aki and POM will start seeing as they have passed their HIA's and only got 20 mins yesterday?

Healy
Best
Porter (Furlong's hammy looked a bit iffy at one stage)
Henderson
Kleyn
POM (I'd be giving JVDF's hammys a rest too)
Beirne
Stander
Murray
Carbery (Sexton should sit this one out altogether and get his groin sorted .... if thats even possible)
Earls
Henshaw (is he fit?)
Aki
Stockdale
Kearney

Kilcoyne (on at 50)
Scannell (on at HT if we're winning handy)
Ryan (on at 50)
Ruddock (on for Henderson at 60, Beirne to second row, POM to 7)
Conan (on for Stander at 60)
Mcgrath (on at 60)
Carty (on at 60)
Conway/Larmour/Ringrose (bring whoever it is on at 60 for Stockdale)

I think the above is a nice blend of spreading minutes across the squad, protecting players and respecting japan
(Sexton should sit this one out altogether and get his groin sorted

Number 53 Sokohista St.
Ask for Yakashima Rose.
Bring deodorant.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

bw245 wrote:
CM11 wrote:
It's not about what player I wanted you to say. It's about you using an even more injury prone player as your example. An injury prone player who has just injured himself again too.
bw245

Post by bw245 »

CM11 wrote:
bw245 wrote:
CM11 wrote:
It's not about what player I wanted you to say. It's about you using an even more injury prone player as your example. An injury prone player who has just injured himself again too.
Ok, apologies. I was just thinking back to when the squad was named.
bw245

Post by bw245 »

YOYO wrote:
bw245 wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Don’t agree. If Henshaw can get fit in time for the ‘bigger’ games, then it’ll be a big plus. We don’t have anyone at home better than him.
And if he doesn’t get fit? Should that be a risk worth taking?
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

Just saw the two yellow card tackles against Russia. Fucking hell. :uhoh:
The table from the Russian 3 on the Samoan 8 as he was scoring was horrible as. The 8 looks to have utterly blown his knee.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

bw245 wrote:
YOYO wrote:
bw245 wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Don’t agree. If Henshaw can get fit in time for the ‘bigger’ games, then it’ll be a big plus. We don’t have anyone at home better than him.
What is the risk? He has enough centre cover and an easy group. Henshaw just needs to be fit by Samoa but even the QF would be fine.
Trostan

Post by Trostan »

bw245 wrote:
YOYO wrote:
bw245 wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Do you really think you are smarter or better informed than our management and coaches?
Wise up FFS.
diarm

Post by diarm »

Christ.

Where did we dig this one up?
Adetroy

Post by Adetroy »

Okay, so this is not going to be subtle. But two weeks ago there was a semi meltdown about dropping Toner. Now let me be clear, that may still be a bad decision, but on the basis of the Scotland game it was the right decision.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Adetroy wrote:Okay, so this is not going to be subtle. But two weeks ago there was a semi meltdown about dropping Toner. Now let me be clear, that may still be a bad decision, but on the basis of the Scotland game it was the right decision.
Wut? Did I miss Kleyn having a stormer?

There may have been arguments over Hendo/Toner but that wasn't what the outrage was about at all.
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

CM11 is the bimboman of Irish rugby threads at this stage.
Adetroy

Post by Adetroy »

CM11 wrote:
Adetroy wrote:Okay, so this is not going to be subtle. But two weeks ago there was a semi meltdown about dropping Toner. Now let me be clear, that may still be a bad decision, but on the basis of the Scotland game it was the right decision.

There may have been arguments over Hendo/Toner but that wasn't what the outrage was about at all.
Toner is starting or that’s it. He is not a bench player and to pretend otherwise is ludicrous. I admire the manner in which he has managed his talent and his career, but in truth his flailing attempts at ruck clearing during the warmup games was genuinely pathetic.
bw245

Post by bw245 »

Where did I say I was smarter than the coaching staff? I said initially it was my opinion. The fact your so riled up by my opinion is laughable. I simply think Henshaw is too injury prone and keeping him in the squad for weeks without playing may be a risk if another centre gets injured. That is my opinion. You can have yours and I won’t tell you to “wise up, FFS”. It’s so hard to say anything on this thread without being told that you are not the coaching staff or to be quiet. I used to be on this thread years ago and got torn apart for every comment I made so stopped posting. Now I’m back at it happens again :lol:

Apologies for mentioning Addison, was just the first name to came to mind. I hope name checking him did not cause anyone any harm like it did CM11.

(That post is to Trostan... won’t let me quote... :roll: )
Last edited by bw245 on Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jumper

Post by Jumper »

CM11 wrote:

Hendo and Beirne travelled ahead of him as LH locks. Kleyn didn't take his spot in the squad.
earl the beaver

Post by earl the beaver »

I hear that Addison could play but not being risked in case of call up to Japan.
earl the beaver

Jumper wrote:
CM11 wrote:

Hendo and Beirne travelled ahead of him as LH locks. Kleyn didn't take his spot in the squad.
Both Toner and Henderson have played 4 and 5.
DOB

Post by DOB »

earl the beaver wrote:
Jumper wrote:
CM11 wrote:

Both Toner and Henderson have played 4 and 5.
And however harsh you may think his card was, nothing Beirne did against Scotland confirmed that leaving Toner behind “was the right decision.”

Toner is starting or that’s it. He is not a bench player and to pretend otherwise is ludicrous. I admire the manner in which he has managed his talent and his career, but in truth his flailing attempts at ruck clearing during the warmup games was genuinely pathetic.
So you expect Ryan and Henderson to start all 4 pool games and whatever knockout matches we qualify make it to?
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Adetroy wrote:
CM11 wrote:

I'm not sure what you think I'm 'pretending'. I didn't get outraged about Toner's omission. All I've said on the matter is that he can't be 100% fit.

And yes, he is a starter or nothing. Kleyn would be similar. Which one has vast experience and has beaten every top nation at the WC? By contrast, Beirne is not a starter, he's bench only.

I've no problem with the narrative that Toner is on the wane plus not 100% fit. I'm just puzzled as to how the weekend proved it was correct to leave him at home.
Armchair_Superstar

Post by Armchair_Superstar »

Hold on to your hat
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

Careful not to burn your fingers. Bit spicy, that take.
boringperson12

Post by boringperson12 »

Personally I would have loved to seen Toner come into the pitch at 50 minutes against Scotland for either Ryan or Henderson because he is the perfect player for the rain and would have kept either Ryan and Henderson fresher for the bigger challenges ahead.

Less than a year ago, Toner was hitting 50 rucks against Argentina. Like Best, he allows players like Ryan and Healy to carry more and players like POM to make one tackle a game. The only people happy Toner didn't go to the World Cup are inbreed or his wife and children.
Adetroy

Post by Adetroy »

And my work here has been done. Konnichiwa.
earl the beaver

Joe wants athletes in the second row, which is why his top 3 are Henderson, Ryan and Bierne.

Toner simply cannot do round the pitch what the others can and his setpiece ability is only useful on our own ball at the lineout while the others are all better than him on the opposition ball.

I would have brought Toner or Dillane ahead of Kleyn (especially Dillane hits this role) but Joe loves him a poach.
Ulsters Red Hand

Post by Ulsters Red Hand »

earl the beaver wrote:I hear that Addison could play but not being risked in case of call up to Japan.
All the way from Leeds?
earl the beaver

Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:I hear that Addison could play but not being risked in case of call up to Japan.
All the way from Leeds?
All the way WhatsApp.
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

Same WhatsApp group Jake's in?
Banana Man

Post by Banana Man »

Earls is starting
alliswell

Post by alliswell »

If Kleyn does something to warrant his selection then his selection will be warranted. From the one game that I watched him in he looked like a discount Quinn Roux. At least Roux can call a lineout.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Banana Man wrote:Earls is starting
Never!

:P

Tbf, it'd be a shock if he wasn't.