The Official Irish Rugby Thread

All things Rugby
Trostan

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Trostan »

Is Catt the only coach appointed by Farrell?
Did he inherit Fogarty or was that a Joe decision?
Is Farrell strong enough to get his own team in situ and shake off the Schmidt era?

Answers to these - and many other tactical questions -are what our potential Dail candidates should be asking on the doorsteps.
Cause, in reality, it's more relevant than the bloody election.
Ulsters Red Hand

Post by Ulsters Red Hand »

camroc1 wrote: JM etc
Happyhooker
Henry
Just read the thread, bit pathetic :lol:
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
Happyhooker
Henry
Such a ridiculous place sometimes.
Ulsters Red Hand

Surely Jake knows his credibility is shot anyway after claiming the our "world will be rocked" when he broke the Howley story, when nothing came of it? He only has himself to blame for people taking cheap shots at him
Miguel Indurain

Post by Miguel Indurain »

Flametop wrote:More unseen work from POM.

:lol:

Lazy bollix can’t even be bothered running, he’s hitching a lift.

Been in that same boat toward the end of the playing days. Trying to keep pace with youngsters :((
Winnie

Post by Winnie »

Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
Happyhooker
Henry
Henry was a cûnt he won’t be missed
danthefan

Post by danthefan »

Winnie wrote:
Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
Happyhooker
Henry
What's this all about? I basically don't look at anything outside this or the NAMA thread.
Mr. Very Popular

Post by Mr. Very Popular »

I for one think Murray did enough to keep his starting place.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Henners is a funny bastard. Jake just cant take criticism
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

If I see another rugby team training with tennis balls just fudge off
CM11

Post by CM11 »

danthefan wrote:
Winnie wrote:
Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
Happyhooker
Henry
What's this all about? I basically don't look at anything outside this or the NAMA thread.
I think it went JMK banned for taking the piss out of Jake followed by Henry and happyhooker who went to bat for JMK.

All pretty personal and petty.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Mr. Very Popular wrote:I for one think Murray did enough to keep his starting place.
What like played the same shite slow turgid rugby he’s been playing for a year now? If that’s enough then there’s hardly any point in even showing up on Saturday
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

Duff Paddy wrote:
Mr. Very Popular wrote:I for one think Murray did enough to keep his starting place.
What like played the same shite slow turgid rugby he’s been playing for a year now? If that’s enough then there’s hardly any point in even showing up on Saturday
Don't forget that intercept he threw.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Duff Paddy wrote:
Presume MVP is doing a Zappa.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Floppykid wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
Just so depressing. Was nobody watching Dupont on Sunday? That’s the standard. We are going nowhere with a scrumhalf playing slow predictable wind up pass shite
Ulsters Red Hand

Duff Paddy wrote:If I see another rugby team training with tennis balls just fudge off
We would do this sometimes with our backs. Good for hand-eye coordination at the level i’m at. I’d question how useful it is for pros, though
Jim Lahey

Post by Jim Lahey »

The42 going with POM at 6, Murray at 9 and Henshaw at 13.
Wales at +4 on PP is basically free money.
Adetroy

Post by Adetroy »

f**king hell. If that is the team Farrell’s honeymoon will be brief.
boringperson12

Post by boringperson12 »

Sexton getting his way for a second week with Murray starting :thumbdown:
Winnie

Post by Winnie »

iarmhiman wrote:Henners is a funny bastard. Jake just cant take criticism
He’s about as funny as cancer
DOB

Post by DOB »

Duff Paddy wrote:
Floppykid wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
Just so depressing. Was nobody watching Dupont on Sunday? That’s the standard. We are going nowhere with a scrumhalf playing slow predictable wind up pass shite
We’re not going to hatch a player like DuPont out of nowhere, that’s not the “standard,” that’s the peak. I’d settle for a Reddan or (good, young) Stringer who can reliably get the ball out of the ruck and into a runner’s hands quickly.
danthefan

Post by danthefan »

DOB wrote: We’re not going to hatch a player like DuPont out of nowhere, that’s not the “standard,” that’s the peak. I’d settle for a Reddan or (good, young) Stringer who can reliably get the ball out of the ruck and into a runner’s hands quickly.
Cooney has been one of the best players in Europe this season.
Winnie

Post by Winnie »

Adetroy wrote:f**king hell. If that is the team Farrell’s honeymoon will be brief.
No shit
But as has been stated here is the IRFU tying his hands behind his back

Either way we are f**ked for a good few years by the look of it
Ulsters Red Hand

EverReady wrote:
Agreed. We can say this that and the other but facts are we won handy enough against a fired up Scots team with an actual Hastings
Are you trolling? We were one dropped ball away from drawing the game
Jumper

Post by Jumper »

danthefan wrote:
DOB wrote: We’re not going to hatch a player like DuPont out of nowhere, that’s not the “standard,” that’s the peak. I’d settle for a Reddan or (good, young) Stringer who can reliably get the ball out of the ruck and into a runner’s hands quickly.
Were you calling for Beirne to start when he held that accolade for a few years on the trot? Of course you weren't.
ticketlessinseattle

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

Nolanator wrote:Murray and Cooney were up together for media duty today.
/facepalm
:lol: Farrell wasn't kidding about needing to have more craic in the squad
DOB

Post by DOB »

danthefan wrote:
He has. If he hasn’t been playing the kind of game DuPont did yesterday. Cooney isn’t that player, so we shouldn’t be holding him to that “standard,” as Duff’s post seemed to be suggesting.
Winnie

Post by Winnie »

Jumper wrote:
danthefan wrote:
Were you calling for Beirne to start when he held that accolade for a few years on the trot? Of course you weren't.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Jumper

Post by Jumper »

Cooney should probably start, but it won't make a difference. Cooney won't have the same freedom to play inside Sexton as he does for Ulster, and the problems lie elsewhere.

Anyway, this is all just a case of rearranging the deckchairs on the titanic. If the tight 5 don't provide a platform - which they haven't for a year now - then what happens elsewhere is mute. Ireland will need Furlong and Ryan to be at their world-class best to overcome the deficiencies elsewhere in the front 5.
ticketlessinseattle

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

Floppykid wrote:
Flametop wrote:
Floppykid wrote:Very much get the impression the42 crowd and inside dogs now with the IRFU, going on their last few articles/podcasts.

I don't think Furlong's far off getting swapped out for Porter tbh. He's been a shadow of his former self for a long time now.
MK now imbedded?

https://www.the42.ie/conor-murray-john- ... 7-Feb2020/
You get that impression.
It's gotten to the point where I can't listen to any of the Irish podcasts now really, bar the Mole one (for all its faults) and the Fitz one (for all its faults.)

OTB is click baity and has too many old mates on, Baz and Andrew is ok but too bantery and Flannery is a bit of a cheerleader, The42 is too afraid to step on toes.
Second Captains is always good 4 a laugh
Winnie

Post by Winnie »

Jumper wrote:Cooney should probably start, but it won't make a difference. Cooney won't have the same freedom to play inside Sexton as he does for Ulster, and the problems lie elsewhere.

Anyway, this is all just a case of rearranging the deckchairs on the titanic. If the tight 5 don't provide a platform - which they haven't for a year now - then what happens elsewhere is mute. Ireland will need Furlong and Ryan to be at their world-class best to overcome the deficiencies elsewhere in the front 5.
Jesus you are making the tight 5 the hill you will die upon
DOB

Post by DOB »

Winnie wrote:
Adetroy wrote:f**king hell. If that is the team Farrell’s honeymoon will be brief.
No shit
But as has been stated here is the IRFU tying his hands behind his back

Either way we are f**ked for a good few years by the look of it
Ah here. He’s had 1 game and people are already on the “making excuses for him” stage.

The IRFU might be demanding wins in the 6N from him, but even the blazers know that playing in 2020 the same way we did in 2019 isn’t going to win us shite. I could’ve handled seeing Murray and POM on Saturday IF we were playing some new and improved style of rugby. But we were recycling the same old shite, which is less than pointless.
Ulsters Red Hand

Winnie wrote:
Jumper wrote:Cooney should probably start, but it won't make a difference. Cooney won't have the same freedom to play inside Sexton as he does for Ulster, and the problems lie elsewhere.

He just wants to see Kleyn in that tighthead lock spot again
Jumper

Post by Jumper »

Winnie wrote:

The the route of Ireland's issues. Having a heavy 7 like SOB or Leavy helps Ireland somewhat, but Ireland really relied on 9/10 performances from Furlong. 6/10 performances from Furlong and Ryan matched to the 5/10 performances from the other 3 lads isn't good enough.

The tight 5 is (almost) always the deciding factor in a game.
Last edited by Jumper on Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

DOB wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
Floppykid wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
We’re not going to hatch a player like DuPont out of nowhere, that’s not the “standard,” that’s the peak. I’d settle for a Reddan or (good, young) Stringer who can reliably get the ball out of the ruck and into a runner’s hands quickly.
Yes DOB we won’t hatch a player like DuPont - if that’s an argument for persisting with Murray then it is pretty moronic. DuPont has set a new standard for scrum half play, apologies if you didn’t understand the turn of phrase. It’s up to the rest of them to meet that standard. Casey certainly could. So could the current U20’s scrumhalf Lewis Finlay.
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

Winnie wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:Henners is a funny bastard. Jake just cant take criticism
He’s about as funny as cancer
He's funnier than you. :thumbup:
Ulsters Red Hand

Jumper wrote:
Winnie wrote:

The the route of Ireland's issues. Having a heavy 7 like SOB or Leavy helps Ireland somewhat, but Ireland really relied on 9/10 performances from Furlong.

The tight 5 is (almost) always the deciding factor in a game.
Don't tell that to the Leinster boardies, they don't believe you.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

DOB wrote:
danthefan wrote:
He has. If he hasn’t been playing the kind of game DuPont did yesterday. Cooney isn’t that player, so we shouldn’t be holding him to that “standard,” as Duff’s post seemed to be suggesting.
See my above post you bleeding idiot
Jumper

Post by Jumper »

Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
Winnie wrote:

I've said that Ireland don't have a lock of the required quality to go beside Ryan...
Ulsters Red Hand

Jumper wrote:
Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
Winnie wrote:

I've said that Ireland don't have a lock of the required quality to go beside Ryan...
But South Africa do :thumbup: