Mullet 2

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Mullet 2 »

So it was Byrnes fault POM couldn't catch Covid at a party in ERs gaff. :lol:

If anything Furlong overestimated you.
Jumper

Post by Jumper »

Mullet 2 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:40 pm So it was Byrnes fault POM couldn't catch Covid at a party in ERs gaff. :lol:

If anything Furlong overestimated you.
Answer the questions asked.
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

Mr. Very Popular wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:31 pm
rfurlong wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:25 pm
Jumper wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:22 pm Typical defense by Stockdale.

He's had some great moments in attack, and some very poor mistakes.
:lol:

You're genuinely stupid ..... I don't mean planet rugby "you're stupid" ...... I mean you're a dribbling moron who is depriving a village of its idiot every moment you spend on here

That's very bloody harsh, you may not agree with him, how about stacking his points rather than attacking him.
If he ever bothered his arse to engage on the match threads without his trolling, he might get treated a bit better.
He's actually capable of it as well but prefers to act the twat.
Last edited by Leinsterman on Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

It was Heffernans fault.

He scored the try that lead to the kick that lead to the kick off that lead to POM proving he should be in the stadium as a ball boy.
rfurlong

Post by rfurlong »

Mr. Very Popular wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:38 pm
rfurlong wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:33 pm

You're genuinely stupid ..... I don't mean planet rugby "you're stupid" ...... I mean you're a dribbling moron who is depriving a village of its idiot every moment you spend on here

That's very bloody harsh, you may not agree with him, how about stacking his points rather than attacking him.
I was responding to his deliberate non-mention of the primary cause of the try ..... namely POM flapping at the ball like fungi gasping for his last breath

And where did you mention that?
I hate internet hardmen.
His post I was responding too was the most obvious attempt ever to deflect blame from POM

it's not my fault you didn't grasp the context .....

Internet hard man for stating the obvious that jumper is a one eyed moron? Get a grip ffs

POM is finished ...... while Sexton and Murray aren't too far behind him
Flametop

Post by Flametop »

The big positive was blooding two new players both who were contenders and winners of MOTM.
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

Did you see the offload though?
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

ticketlessinseattle wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:32 pm Is Will Connors any relation to John?.....class player
His father of course.
Jumper

Post by Jumper »

Leinsterman wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:42 pmIf he ever bothered his arse to engage on the match threads without his trolling, he might get treated a bit better.
At least you're not telling to me kill myself any more. That's a step above where you normally are.
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

rfurlong wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:42 pm

I was responding to his deliberate non-mention of the primary cause of the try ..... namely POM flapping at the ball like fungi gasping for his last breath

I hate internet hardmen.
His post I was responding too was the most obvious attempt ever to deflect blame from POM

it's not my fault you didn't grasp the context .....

Internet hard man for stating the obvious that jumper is a one eyed moron? Get a grip ffs

POM is finished ...... while Sexton and Murray aren't too far behind him
Murray and Sexton are absolutely finished.
rfurlong

Post by rfurlong »

Floppykid wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:43 pm Did you see the offload though?
I'm sure the gif is all over TRK twitter already ..... they're probably composing a thesis on the elite biomechanics of it
Jumper

Post by Jumper »

Floppykid wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:44 pm
Murray is ageing, but had a very good game and created 3 tries.

Sexton was okay, but literally handed Italy a try with some terrible play.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

Also when a wingers first instinct becomes to cut in and not back himself he is done.
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

Jumper wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:44 pm
Leinsterman wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:42 pmIf he ever bothered his arse to engage on the match threads without his trolling, he might get treated a bit better.
At least you're not telling to me kill myself any more. That's a step above where you normally are.

Boo hoo. Can you read my mind?
Jumper

Post by Jumper »

Mullet 2 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:46 pm Also when a wingers first instinct becomes to cut in and not back himself he is done.
I thought Keenan scored a nice try when he cut inside instead of trusting his pace.....
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

Mullet 2 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:46 pm Also when a wingers first instinct becomes to cut in and not back himself he is done.
This in reference to Conway?
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

Jumper wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:46 pm

Could be worse.

Could have knocked on 2/3rds of his possession
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

I hate internet hardmen.
rfurlong trying to save his bacon. A professional internet hard man. Loves to play the man rather than the ball. Not a nice trait.
nabanoba

Post by nabanoba »

What a mixed bag that was.

Front row: Was expecting the scrum to go better against a green Italian tight 5. Furlong extremely effective in the lose. Herring solid in the line-out but you'd hope for a bit more impact in the tight. Healy didn't really shine and gave up a few penalties.

Second row: Ryan quieter than normal, but not bad by any means, I like Beirne but am yet to see him hit the heights of form he showed at the Scarlets when he was the best player on the pitch week-in, week-out.

Backrow: Absolutely outstanding, Connors my man of the match by far, so many offensive tackles, our third try came from one. Doris very effective and more to come. CJ allowed to be his dynamic, workaholic self. Brilliant balance.

Halfbacks: Murray was far from bad. Had some really positive plays and created a few tries. I do think we need more of a running threat at 9 or 10 though, otherwise things like Sexton's intercept are bound to happen. JGP is in pretty incredible form at the moment, would like to see him get more time next week.

Sexton was poor, Catt has apparently given them carte blanche to play heads-up rugby in a structure, so constantly kicking the ball away is very much on him, even Murray didn't do it. Needs to take the ball at pace much more.

Centres: Aki's honest as the day is long, good on the crash and deceptively fast, but his hands are very poor. Italy's winger would shoot up constantly leaving space and numbers outside him, but Aki doesn't have the hands to make the difficult pass needed. This coupled with the lack of dynamism inside him is a real concern. Henshaw quiet and Ringrose a big lose.

Back 3: Nervy early kick aside Stockdale really grew into it. Love seeing him with time on the ball and wish he'd had a go a little more in the first half, really cut loose in the second. Keenan was great, a lot more physical than I thought and runs like shit off a stick. More impressive than Conway who was a little quiet.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

Floppykid wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:47 pm
Well it ain't the Roller
Conspicuous

Post by Conspicuous »

Ulsters Red Hand wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:27 pm Connors and Doris very good too. Stander was a good bit better. Break may have done him good but helps with two flankers who do their work

Next week i’d be going with the same but JGP at 9 instead. Keenan done enough to keep his place imo
Ah stop Stander was playing brilliant pre lockdown
Jumper

Post by Jumper »

Leinsterman wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:47 pm
Jumper wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:44 pm

Boo hoo. Can you read my mind?
Just reminding you of the (multiple) times you told a person you don't know on an internet forum to kill themselves.

Hopefully you're not such a horribly toxic person in real life. I genuinely worry for your families welfare if you are.
danny_fitz

Post by danny_fitz »

I scored plenty of tries cutting inside because I was too shit and slow to take the outside. :x
Luckycharmer

Post by Luckycharmer »

Alot of whining in the last few pages. Murray was noticeably quicker getting the ball away and not lots of slow box kicks.
He even sniped once or twice.
Keenan now has more tries for Ireland than Leinster, such a clever player picked the right options, good under high ball, made his tackles.
Stockdale decent enough, good kicking, added a bit in attack. Wasn't tested under high ball dropped 1 he should have caught. Should have just nailed last guy, if he gets pass away not his fault.
Backrow so much more balanced,Connors is such a pest and stronger over ball than VDF.
Yes there were mistakes but at least you can see them trying to offload tip pass etc. We will be up against it next week but at least you can see them trying to play a bit more.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Ringrose fractured jaw - fudge
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

Henshaw was excellent
rfurlong

Post by rfurlong »

The reason why Sexton and Murray are being persisted with is because the lads behind them haven't exactly grabbed the jersey

The reason why POM is being persisted with, is a fvcking mystery frankly
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

Duff Paddy wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:49 pm Ringrose fractured jaw - fudge
Bit of tape
Conspicuous

Post by Conspicuous »

nabanoba wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:48 pm What a mixed bag that was.

Front row: Was expecting the scrum to go better against a green Italian tight 5. Furlong extremely effective in the lose. Herring solid in the line-out but you'd hope for a bit more impact in the tight. Healy didn't really shine and gave up a few penalties.

Second row: Ryan quieter than normal, but not bad by any means, I like Beirne but am yet to see him hit the heights of form he showed at the Scarlets when he was the best player on the pitch week-in, week-out.

Backrow: Absolutely outstanding, Connors my man of the match by far, so many offensive tackles, our third try came from one. Doris very effective and more to come. CJ allowed to be his dynamic, workaholic self. Brilliant balance.

Halfbacks: Murray was far from bad. Had some really positive plays and created a few tries. I do think we need more of a running threat at 9 or 10 though, otherwise things like Sexton's intercept are bound to happen. JGP is in pretty incredible form at the moment, would like to see him get more time next week.

Sexton was poor, Catt has apparently given them carte blanche to play heads-up rugby in a structure, so constantly kicking the ball away is very much on him, even Murray didn't do it. Needs to take the ball at pace much more.

Centres: Aki's honest as the day is long, good on the crash and deceptively fast, but his hands are very poor. Italy's winger would shoot up constantly leaving space and numbers outside him, but Aki doesn't have the hands to make the difficult pass needed. This coupled with the lack of dynamism inside him is a real concern. Henshaw quiet and Ringrose a big lose.

Back 3: Nervy early kick aside Stockdale really grew into it. Love seeing him with time on the ball and wish he'd had a go a little more in the first half, really cut loose in the second. Keenan was great, a lot more physical than I thought and runs like shit off a stick. More impressive than Conway who was a little quiet.
I’m spending too much time on the NAMA thread , looked at that post and immediately thought it was Brock Bullet’s
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

Mullet 2 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:48 pm
Floppykid wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:47 pm
Well it ain't the Roller
I dunno, our back play is awful, it's all just shovelling the ball sideways when it actually happens.
You can't do much on the wing.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Murray was noticeably quicker getting the ball away and not lots of slow box kicks.
He even sniped once or twice.
Was that not Ringrose when he was playing 9
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

danny_fitz wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:49 pm
I scored plenty of tries cutting inside because I was too shit and slow to take the outside. :x
Exactly.

Its is the tell tale sign of the aging winger
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Mullet 2 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:49 pm
Bit of tape
Fancy dan eh, what’s wrong with the magic sponge
Salanya

Post by Salanya »

Jumper wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:46 pm

So Murray creates tries by passing the ball at some point in the attack, but POM doesn't give away a try by gifting the Italians easy possession in our 22 on what should have been a simple catch?

You can't have your cake and eat it.
de_Selby

Post by de_Selby »

yeah real shame, he was excellent while he was on.

as an aside I liked how Farrell actually gave a straight answer about Ringrose's injury instead dodging the question and talking about the medical report on Monday
Jumper

Post by Jumper »

Mullet 2 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:50 pm
Exactly.

What about when Keenan did the same?
danny_fitz

Post by danny_fitz »

Mullet 2 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:50 pm
Exactly.

I was 24
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

Mullet 2 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:49 pm
Bit of tape
Ah shite.
Luckycharmer

Post by Luckycharmer »

No the worst thing a winger can do is get bundled into touch . He didn't exactly have an empty field in front of him when he caught the ball.
rfurlong

Post by rfurlong »

YOYO wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:47 pm

I hate internet hardmen.
rfurlong trying to save his bacon. A professional internet hard man. Loves to play the man rather than the ball. Not a nice trait.
Not you again :lol:

Have you not learned your lesson ?

There's a reason why you and jumper cop a load of flak ..... and from many more posters than just me

Can you hazard a guess at that reason?
Last edited by rfurlong on Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.