The Official Irish Rugby Thread

All things Rugby
User avatar
nardol
Posts: 20495
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by nardol »

Salanya wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:20 pm Never seen that before.

Unlucky, card will only get given if you hit the guy.

But it was dangerous I guess.
about 10 years ago Scotland v wales

Scottish player got sent off for the same.

Its a deliberate ploy to try and milk the penalty or protect yourself in the air. High risk high reward tactic. If you are in the air the tackler is In the wrong, if you are on the ground as Hastings was, it's a kick to the head and correctly a red card
irishrugbyua
Posts: 15995
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:10 pm

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by irishrugbyua »

Leone hooked at half time.
User avatar
Floppykid
Posts: 32426
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: SOB>Todd

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Floppykid »

Man I hate this #allOfTheLights music shit Leinster do.
irishrugbyua
Posts: 15995
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:10 pm

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by irishrugbyua »

Floppykid wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:37 pm Man I hate this #allOfTheLights music shit Leinster do.
Awful.

And awful defending..
User avatar
Floppykid
Posts: 32426
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: SOB>Todd

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Floppykid »

They were using Harry for exits and it was much better than Luke's latest box kick.
User avatar
Floppykid
Posts: 32426
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: SOB>Todd

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Floppykid »

Man, a forward beating a centre in defense with raw power.
Don't see that sort of thing anymore. Kind've nice to see it happen despite it being Glasgow scoring. :lol:
User avatar
Floppykid
Posts: 32426
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: SOB>Todd

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Floppykid »

Leinster creeping offside a lot.
irishrugbyua
Posts: 15995
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:10 pm

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by irishrugbyua »

Leinster have been shite for nearly 30 minutes.
User avatar
BlackMac
Posts: 7226
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Middle of the Lothians

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by BlackMac »

nardol wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:35 pm
Salanya wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:20 pm Never seen that before.

Unlucky, card will only get given if you hit the guy.

But it was dangerous I guess.
about 10 years ago Scotland v wales

Scottish player got sent off for the same.

Its a deliberate ploy to try and milk the penalty or protect yourself in the air. High risk high reward tactic. If you are in the air the tackler is In the wrong, if you are on the ground as Hastings was, it's a kick to the head and correctly a red card
You have the right game but wrong outcome. Hugo Southwell allowed his face to get in the way of Lee Byrne's raised boot. He was lying getting treated for a huge gash in his cheek when he got sent off.
Ulsters Red Hand
Posts: 11630
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:18 pm

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Ulsters Red Hand »

Charger21 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:29 pm
Luckycharmer wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:26 pm
Charger21 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:25 pm
Salanya wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:20 pm Never seen that before.

Unlucky, card will only get given if you hit the guy.

But it was dangerous I guess.
Happened earlier this season. Can't for the life of me, remember the game but ref said he had no choice.
Think it happened in a European game and French player did it
Yep. Against Teddy Thomas
https://twitter.com/btsportrugby/status ... 55745?s=09
(Sorry, no idea how to embed video from twitter)

Edit. Just noticed it was Murphy reffing as well.
Not watching Leinster but if that was what Hasting's red was for it's a joke. In the link above the guy isn't even looking at Thomas when his foot goes up, and fairly sure when you're jumping, once you realise you're going to land at an awkward angle you're not really paying attention to where your legs are going
Jumper
Posts: 7083
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:24 pm

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Jumper »

Third try Leinster have conceded against 14 men.
User avatar
Luckycharmer
Posts: 9283
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Luckycharmer »

All came from terrible kick from Hawksaw where he did an up and under way behind the gainline
User avatar
Charger21
Posts: 199
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:23 pm

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Charger21 »

Glasgow better off with out Hastings
User avatar
Floppykid
Posts: 32426
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: SOB>Todd

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Floppykid »

irishrugbyua wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:44 pm Leinster have been shite for nearly 30 minutes.
Since Harry went off, no coincidence.

Fair dues Glasgow, Jones has been excellent.
Osbourne not handling the physicality the best.
User avatar
Luckycharmer
Posts: 9283
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Luckycharmer »

Ulsters Red Hand wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:47 pm
Charger21 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:29 pm
Luckycharmer wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:26 pm
Charger21 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:25 pm
Salanya wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:20 pm Never seen that before.

Unlucky, card will only get given if you hit the guy.

But it was dangerous I guess.
Happened earlier this season. Can't for the life of me, remember the game but ref said he had no choice.
Think it happened in a European game and French player did it
Yep. Against Teddy Thomas
https://twitter.com/btsportrugby/status ... 55745?s=09
(Sorry, no idea how to embed video from twitter)

Edit. Just noticed it was Murphy reffing as well.
Not watching Leinster but if that was what Hasting's red was for it's a joke. In the link above the guy isn't even looking at Thomas when his foot goes up, and fairly sure when you're jumping, once you realise you're going to land at an awkward angle you're not really paying attention to where your legs are going
So you are commenting on something you haven't seen very Earlesque!
User avatar
DOB
Posts: 20190
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by DOB »

Ulsters Red Hand wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:47 pm
Charger21 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:29 pm
Luckycharmer wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:26 pm
Charger21 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:25 pm
Salanya wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:20 pm Never seen that before.

Unlucky, card will only get given if you hit the guy.

But it was dangerous I guess.
Happened earlier this season. Can't for the life of me, remember the game but ref said he had no choice.
Think it happened in a European game and French player did it
Yep. Against Teddy Thomas
https://twitter.com/btsportrugby/status ... 55745?s=09
(Sorry, no idea how to embed video from twitter)

Edit. Just noticed it was Murphy reffing as well.
Not watching Leinster but if that was what Hasting's red was for it's a joke. In the link above the guy isn't even looking at Thomas when his foot goes up, and fairly sure when you're jumping, once you realise you're going to land at an awkward angle you're not really paying attention to where your legs are going
Can’t watch that vid in my location to compare, but the Hastings red was fair. Kelleher was backing out to allow Hastings to land, and copped a boot to the face. There was no need for Hastings to have his foot so high.
Ulsters Red Hand
Posts: 11630
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:18 pm

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Ulsters Red Hand »

No, I'm commenting on a clip someone posted which may be similar to something I haven't seen

What a strange response :uhoh:
User avatar
Luckycharmer
Posts: 9283
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Luckycharmer »

Hawksaw is a very poor 10
Ulsters Red Hand
Posts: 11630
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:18 pm

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Ulsters Red Hand »

DOB wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:52 pm
Ulsters Red Hand wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:47 pm
Charger21 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:29 pm
Luckycharmer wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:26 pm
Charger21 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:25 pm

Happened earlier this season. Can't for the life of me, remember the game but ref said he had no choice.
Think it happened in a European game and French player did it
Yep. Against Teddy Thomas
https://twitter.com/btsportrugby/status ... 55745?s=09
(Sorry, no idea how to embed video from twitter)

Edit. Just noticed it was Murphy reffing as well.
Not watching Leinster but if that was what Hasting's red was for it's a joke. In the link above the guy isn't even looking at Thomas when his foot goes up, and fairly sure when you're jumping, once you realise you're going to land at an awkward angle you're not really paying attention to where your legs are going
Can’t watch that vid in my location to compare, but the Hastings red was fair. Kelleher was backing out to allow Hastings to land, and copped a boot to the face. There was no need for Hastings to have his foot so high.
How dare you comment on something you haven't seen, Earl.

In all seriousness, fair enough. Probably wouldn't give a red for that on your description, but it is what it is. The clip posted the guys foot is raised when he is still in the air, or just when he has landed
Last edited by Ulsters Red Hand on Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Luckycharmer
Posts: 9283
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Luckycharmer »

Ulsters Red Hand wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:53 pm No, I'm commenting on a clip someone posted which may be similar to something I haven't seen

What a strange response :uhoh:
Well if you saw it, it is a definitive red, he had no reason to have his foot that high
User avatar
DOB
Posts: 20190
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by DOB »

Hawkshaw thinks he’s playing 12 or 7, not 10.
User avatar
Charger21
Posts: 199
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:23 pm

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Charger21 »

Luckycharmer wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:53 pm Hawksaw is a very poor 10
Tbf he is about 5th or 6th choice
User avatar
Floppykid
Posts: 32426
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: SOB>Todd

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Floppykid »

Luckycharmer wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:53 pm Hawksaw is a very poor 10
Was just going to say, our backplay has gone to pot with the change, doesn't seem to be using the breadth of passing Harry has. He's over fond of contact.

Penny's workrate is nuts, dunno where he's getting the energy from.
Ulsters Red Hand
Posts: 11630
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:18 pm

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Ulsters Red Hand »

Luckycharmer wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:54 pm
Ulsters Red Hand wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:53 pm No, I'm commenting on a clip someone posted which may be similar to something I haven't seen

What a strange response :uhoh:
Well if you saw it, it is a definitive red, he had no reason to have his foot that high
That's fine, but I wasn't commenting on that, obviously
User avatar
Floppykid
Posts: 32426
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: SOB>Todd

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Floppykid »

DOB wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:54 pm Hawkshaw thinks he’s playing 12 or 7, not 10.
Luke is opting for a lot of 1 out runs as well.
User avatar
DOB
Posts: 20190
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by DOB »

Show this game to people who were complaining about red cards ruining games. Glasgow have been playing their best stuff with 14.
User avatar
Floppykid
Posts: 32426
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: SOB>Todd

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Floppykid »

Beanpole Sheehan on.
User avatar
Salanya
Posts: 8307
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Over the hills and far away...

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Salanya »

Missing a Moloney today, Fardy and Toner haven't had much of an impact.
irishrugbyua
Posts: 15995
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:10 pm

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by irishrugbyua »

Salanya wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:58 pm Missing a Moloney today, Fardy and Toner haven't had much of an impact.
Both look done athletically.
User avatar
nardol
Posts: 20495
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by nardol »

BlackMac wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:45 pm
nardol wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:35 pm
Salanya wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:20 pm Never seen that before.

Unlucky, card will only get given if you hit the guy.

But it was dangerous I guess.
about 10 years ago Scotland v wales

Scottish player got sent off for the same.

Its a deliberate ploy to try and milk the penalty or protect yourself in the air. High risk high reward tactic. If you are in the air the tackler is In the wrong, if you are on the ground as Hastings was, it's a kick to the head and correctly a red card
You have the right game but wrong outcome. Hugo Southwell allowed his face to get in the way of Lee Byrne's raised boot. He was lying getting treated for a huge gash in his cheek when he got sent off.
fair shout
User avatar
Charger21
Posts: 199
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:23 pm

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Charger21 »

Penny is something else. Some workrate
User avatar
Salanya
Posts: 8307
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Over the hills and far away...

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Salanya »

irishrugbyua wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:59 pm
Salanya wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:58 pm Missing a Moloney today, Fardy and Toner haven't had much of an impact.
Both look done athletically.
Yeah, one of them would work, but both together isn't working.

The newbie backline also struggling - too much balling early on.
User avatar
nardol
Posts: 20495
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by nardol »

jimmy obrien does not have what it takes
User avatar
Luckycharmer
Posts: 9283
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Luckycharmer »

nardol wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:03 pm jimmy obrien does not have what it takes
Not sure about that backline is pretty callow
User avatar
danthefan
Posts: 23602
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by danthefan »

Awful cross field kick there
User avatar
RWC2015
Posts: 4617
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:19 pm

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by RWC2015 »

nardol wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:03 pm jimmy obrien does not have what it takes
he's been so poor
User avatar
DOB
Posts: 20190
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by DOB »

Luckycharmer wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:07 pm
nardol wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:03 pm jimmy obrien does not have what it takes
Not sure about that backline is pretty callow
Yup. Midfield thrown together at the last minute and then lost their 10 in the first half.

Good boot by Soroka, shite chase.
User avatar
Floppykid
Posts: 32426
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: SOB>Todd

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Floppykid »

nardol wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:03 pm jimmy obrien does not have what it takes
Dunno how you can say that?
It's a messy game and he's in a callow backline.
User avatar
RWC2015
Posts: 4617
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:19 pm

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by RWC2015 »

best thing he's done is draw a yellow by being a bell end
User avatar
Charger21
Posts: 199
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:23 pm

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Charger21 »

That was dirty
Post Reply