Chat Forum
It is currently Thu May 28, 2020 1:52 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 422887 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8197, 8198, 8199, 8200, 8201, 8202, 8203 ... 10573  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:19 am 

Hi Irishers, any news on Furlong?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:21 am 

c69 wrote:
Hi Irishers, any news on Furlong?

Like we'd tell the likes of you.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:25 am 

anonymous_joe wrote:
paddyor wrote:
anonymous_joe wrote:
Anyone listening to Second Captains today? What's the craic with the Irish camp and/or IRFU falling out with the meedja?

Grobler is a drug cheat and Best is a rape apologist.

That simple? Fúck's sake.

There was no mention of either issue specifically on Second captains by Thornely. McDevitt brought it up but he sidestepped it.

Thornley was fairly calm about it and didn't over egg the situation. He phrased it more along the lines of the IRFU viewing the media as competitors now and trying to keep things in house. I'm sure the the shit headlines of the past month won't have helped anything but it sounds like things have been a bit icy for sometime and this may have been the straw that broke the camels back.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:31 am 

Rumham wrote:
anonymous_joe wrote:
paddyor wrote:
anonymous_joe wrote:
Anyone listening to Second Captains today? What's the craic with the Irish camp and/or IRFU falling out with the meedja?

There was no mention of either issue specifically on Second captains by Thornely. McDevitt brought it up but he sidestepped it.

Thornley was fairly calm about it and didn't over egg the situation. He phrased it more along the lines of the IRFU viewing the media as competitors now and trying to keep things in house. I'm sure the the shit headlines of the past month won't have helped anything but it sounds like things have been a bit icy for sometime and this may have been the straw that broke the camels back.

Like a lot of big sport organisations the IRFU are trying to control the message through their website/youtube.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:32 am 

Gibbes being linked with a return to coaching with Cheika

http://www.the42.ie/jono-gibbes-ulster- ... 6-Feb2018/

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:45 am 

irishrugbyua wrote:
Rumham wrote:
anonymous_joe wrote:
paddyor wrote:
anonymous_joe wrote:

Like a lot of big sport organisations the IRFU are trying to control the message through their website/youtube.

If you look at the state of Irish Rugby journalism, Murray Kinsella aside its not hard to see why the IRFU has no time for the print media.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:57 am 

irishrugbyua wrote:

FFS.
We ain't getting much in the way of luck these days.
Things must be somehow worse than they appear behind the scenes if we have plenty of dosh but unable to retain the likes of Gibbes.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:12 am 

irishrugbyua wrote:

:lol:

Sorry Nordi and Marty, you lads got merk'd. Welcome to the shitshow.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:19 am 

Had a look on Twitter over weekend, still so much virtue signalling over Rory Best. Social media is the worst.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:19 am 

He Man Rugger Pints wrote:
Had a look on Twitter over weekend, still so much virtue signalling over Rory Best. Social media is the worst.

Still?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:24 am 

The Best thing is going to run and run. Rugby is still pigeon-holed as a sport for elitist patriarchal men (as though that's a bad thing) and Best isn't even Irish, in the context of a lot of non-sports fans.

He's a very easy target and this'll run on for a while.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:36 am 

These millennial twitter losers that are so desperate to be a part of any kind of movement trying to hound Best out of the captaincy are scum.

Fella has given more to Ireland than any of those wasters.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:41 am 

Has anyone explained yet that it looks like he did the opposite of supporting Olding/Jackson by attending?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:42 am 

Had a look there against my better judgement.

I fucking hate try hard look at me shit. Twats proclaiming that they would watch the 6N because of Best appearing in court.

CM11 wrote:
Has anyone explained yet that it looks like he did the opposite of supporting Olding/Jackson by attending?

You don't get it Stats. They're part of the Patriarchy and are rape apologists and no facts to the contrary will be considered. :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:45 am 

Nolanator wrote:

I fucking hate try hard look at me shit. Twats proclaiming that they would watch the 6N because of Best appearing in court.

CM11 wrote:

You don't get it Stats. They're part of the Patriarchy and are rape apologists and no facts to the contrary will be considered. :roll:

I am so glad that this place is as close as I got to social media.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:47 am 

If Gibbes wants to go coach the Aussies, I wouldn't try and keep him - better coaching a shit pack of forwards in the sun than Belfast.

Were we really that bad under "Doakball" :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:52 am 

boringperson12 wrote:
If Gibbes wants to go coach the Aussies, I wouldn't try and keep him - better coaching a shit pack of forwards in the sun than Belfast.

It's really looking like the IRFU need to step in and clean house

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:56 am 

Diego wrote:
boringperson12 wrote:

Nucifora to take over for a season. That'd teach them.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:02 am 

You'd worry about his mental health if he didn't take the Aussie job. Like he's only got another 18months if he's lucky in the Ulster gig.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:05 am 

Diego wrote:
boringperson12 wrote:

Less jobs for the boys would be a good thing!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:09 am 

Farrell coming up to do a part time head coach role? Sounds eerily familiar.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:13 am 

Nolanator wrote:

CM11 wrote:

The #notmycaptain thing is hilarious. Course he's not their captain, they'd never get their virtue signalling, tag loving spindle shoulders within an arse's roar of an Irish team, nor do they contribute to the game at a grass roots level. Not their captain indeed, they can fudge off.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:14 am 

JoeMangled wrote:

Farrell will be coming up to have a look about and report back to Schmidt/Nucifora (more the latter) while at the same time helping Payne out with his first steps in coaching a defence. Whether or not Gibbes goes has little to do with it i suspect

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:18 am 

DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
JoeMangled wrote:

Farrell will be coming up to have a look about and report back to Schmidt/Nucifora (more the latter) while at the same time helping Payne out with his first steps in coaching a defence. Whether or not Gibbes goes has little to do with it i suspect

ah yeah, i was only being facetious. I hope a few lads are shitting themselves at the prospect of him arriving with his ipad.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:33 am 

There are a few people who when you search for details about the trial who tweet non stop about it. They thought these guys were guilty from Day 1. I would say they’re setting themselves up for a mental breakdown but they seem to be beyond that already.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:41 am 

if Gibbes leaves where does that leave Dundon and Peel?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:04 pm 

binge90 wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

CM11 wrote:

The #notmycaptain thing is hilarious. Course he's not their captain, they'd never get their virtue signalling, tag loving spindle shoulders within an arse's roar of an Irish team, nor do they contribute to the game at a grass roots level. Not their captain indeed, they can fudge off.

Went and checked the hashtag. Why do I do this?
Twitter will be the death of society.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:08 pm 

Nolanator wrote:
binge90 wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

CM11 wrote:

Went and checked the hashtag. Why do I do this?
Twitter will be the death of society.

Yeah, just checked myself out of morbid curiosity. Some amount of f**ktards in this world.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:09 pm 

normilet wrote:
Yeah, just checked myself out of morbid curiosity. Some amount of f**ktards in this world.

People who use terms such as "cis white male" in serious conversation need a serious shake about the shoulders.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:12 pm 

According to Ruadhri O Connor from the Indo on OTB last night, it was Joe's call not the IRFU's to not speak to the journos.

Surprised at that given the press he's got over the years and continues to get.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:15 pm 

That not my captain stuff is f**king mental. Look at this shit:

Quote:
“Innocent until proven guilty” only has meaning in the criminal justice system, it is not an absolute truth & should not protect those accused of heinous acts. The public are free to reach their own conclusions & choose to believe Jackson et al are guilty. #FRAvIRE #NotMyCaptain

You read it here first chaps, the criminal justice system is irrelevant.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:19 pm 

danthefan wrote:

Quote:
“Innocent until proven guilty” only has meaning in the criminal justice system, it is not an absolute truth & should not protect those accused of heinous acts. The public are free to reach their own conclusions & choose to believe Jackson et al are guilty. #FRAvIRE #NotMyCaptain

The verdict of the trial by media was in the moment those texts were publicised.
Should the courts system not find them guilty, the verdict will be dismissed by eejits like above and be held up as an example of how the system is in still in the thrall of men etc etc.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:27 pm 

Nolanator wrote:
danthefan wrote:

Quote:

The verdict of the trial by media was in the moment those texts were publicised.
Should the courts system not find them guilty, the verdict will be dismissed by eejits like above and be held up as an example of how the system is in still in the thrall of men etc etc.

All this patriarchy bollocks has started to leak over from the US is what it looks like to me.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:29 pm 

danthefan wrote:

Quote:

I accuse you of being the second gunman on the Grassy Knoll.

I've just solved the JKF assassination. :smug:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:31 pm 

Quote:
Brian Murphy's death. The judge decided the Blackrock boys that kicked him to death had a bright future ahead of them and didn't want to destroy that potential. Why is everyone so surprised at Rory Best's behaviour? #notmycaptain

Quote:
Not to generalise but every man responding negatively to women talking about #notmycaptain should be put in a barrel and rolled down a big flight of stairs by Donkey Kong

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:31 pm 

danthefan wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
danthefan wrote:

Quote:

All this patriarchy bollocks has started to leak over from the US is what it looks like to me.

Joan Burton was given an awful time by those water protesting toe rags during their trial. The commentary on that online went way out of bounds to the point where legislation should be in acted to prosecute those knackers who prejudiced the trial. So it's not such a new thing in Ireland and shouldn't reach the depths the scummers did during that court case.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:34 pm 

irishrugbyua wrote:

Would an international set piece coaching role be better/more desirable than a club head coach role?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:34 pm 

shortbutlong wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:

Would an international set piece coaching role be better/more desirable than a club head coach role?

Depends on the state of the club!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:35 pm 

shortbutlong wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:

He doesn't seem to fancy the HC role for whatever reason. That's been his story for the last few years when the opportunity presented itself.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:35 pm 

shortbutlong wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:

He doesn't want to be a head coach

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 422887 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8197, 8198, 8199, 8200, 8201, 8202, 8203 ... 10573  Next