Chat Forum
It is currently Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:35 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 424024 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9816, 9817, 9818, 9819, 9820, 9821, 9822 ... 10601  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:13 am 

Munster-fogs wrote:
That was realistically Ireland's first game of the season, most of those lads weren't there against Italy. England have 3 games under there belt.

We'll be grand.

:lol: Good night out was it

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:14 am 

Liathroidigloine wrote:
We will have to look at a back row of JVDF ruddock and Conan cause the current first choice group aren’t performing.

You’re dreaming. Yesterday was his first choice backrow and it was selected 2 seasons ago

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:17 am 

No matter how many nothing games he has, how few tackles he makes, how many times he gets murdered in contact, POM will be selected. The only glimmer of hope in the backrow is Conan has actually started a match ahead of CJ I think once or twice. But I have zero expectation on that.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:21 am 

Ireland :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a collective bunch of premature ejaculate. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:31 am 

bonzaboy wrote:
Ireland :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a collective bunch of premature ejaculate. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Leave them alone you absolute tosser.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:42 am 

Bonzaboy. Perma. Enough of this soft touch warning shots BS.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:04 am 

Thank you :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:04 am 

Armchair_Superstar wrote:
The Toner/Hendo debate has been completely divorced from reality. Hendo was one of the only forwards who gave England any bother and produced two turnovers in the first 20. The lineout continued to deteriorate when Toner came in. He just can’t compete in contact with those English forwards, he gets folded over and he can’t blow them out of a ruck.

It's not really. Toner not starting correlates with our bigger lineout malfunctions. We know what Henderson brings and we know what Toner brings. We need the lineout to function and Toner can usually compensate for his relative lack of physicality pretty well.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:05 am 

Thanks BBB. :thumbup:

On the rugby mistakes that Bman mentioned, a lot of the defensive errors seemed to stem from the defenders shitting themselves about Tuilagi, Billy V etc. They had the big carriers marked as the danger men, but they were used to pull the defensive shape apart and the ball went wider.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:27 am 

Rugby has become a bit of a contest to get the most islanders into the backline.

They are big fast feckers and just offer more punch in a backline. More islanders more wins.

Provinces, get on it!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:28 am 

Banana Man wrote:
Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
BMan - any further coaching advice you could give me?

Missed this...

We will swap mails tomorrow and I'll send on some stuff.. just to get the lads into it and some fun game based stuff

Pass the parcel is good. Improves handling and somebody gets a Wham bar at the end

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:33 am 

nardol wrote:
Rugby has become a bit of a contest to get the most islanders into the backline.

They are big fast feckers and just offer more punch in a backline. More islanders more wins.

Provinces, get on it!

Tomane was bought in for that very reason

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:40 am 

Firmly back in my box.

Maybe not enough gay hate?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:41 am 

If it wasn't for the lineout f**king up at key times and a few instances of defenders shooting out and missing the tackle things could have looked better by half time.
It seemed like they just didn't want to be there when they were being by more than 2 scores though, which is worrying but given it's a warm-up match I guess it's understandable..

Clutching at straws.. but at least it's a wake-up call

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:51 am 

nardol wrote:
Firmly back in my box.

Maybe not enough gay hate?

He is extremely Christian which I think makes it hard for him to mix. They need to get another jebus lad and then they can have little pray and go and smash the place up

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:51 am 

Banana Man wrote:
Ulsters Red Hand wrote:

Missed this...

We will swap mails tomorrow and I'll send on some stuff.. just to get the lads into it and some fun game based stuff

Cheers. Stick your mail up any time, i’m at home most of the day :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:23 am 

Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
Banana Man wrote:
Ulsters Red Hand wrote:

Missed this...

Fire it to my ridiculous gmail

Last edited by Banana Man on Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:33 am 

Ah lads, it's still tough to get your head around yesterday's performance.

It was absolutely desperate.

What is going on in camp? Over trained? Poor systems? Provincial infighting? Players being played way past their sell by date? An unwillingness to adopt a new gameplan? A mixture of all the above?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:41 am 

feckwanker wrote:

What is going on in camp? Over trained? Poor systems? Provincial infighting? Players being played way past their sell by date? An unwillingness to adopt a new gameplan? A mixture of all the above?

I doubt it's anything to do with provincial infighting.

I'd say it's a mixture of the rest. Definitely players past their sell by date and abject refusal to bring in some players who would obviously improve the team. Coaching voices can get stale after a while. Extremely direct way of playing that doesn't work against a lot of teams.

It's hard to believe a lot of these players beat NZ not 9 or 10 months ago. We have disimproved to an incredible degree since.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:42 am 

Banana Man wrote:
Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
Banana Man wrote:
Ulsters Red Hand wrote:

Missed this...

Fire it to my ridiculous gmail

Kevsnake@gmail.com

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:48 am 

*gets cock pics ready

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:51 am 

EverReady wrote:
*gets cock pics ready

If I get any more from you I'll have my Pride festival

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:51 am 

feckwanker wrote:

If 2007 proved anything it's that wild Internet speculation can only be positive for the lads.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:54 am 

That was a complete systems failure but especially so in defence.
It appears that we are implementing a rush-drift defence.
The inside backs are rushing up (often off first phase) to double tackle leaving overlaps and dog legs out wide.

We have learned nothing in the last four years about defending too narrowly.
Yesterday was like the 2015 Argentina match but worse.
Couldn’t even blame Stockdale or Larmour for biting in this time.
They were often marking four players on their own.

We should be pushing the big runners back infield towards traffic and our forwards.
Instead we are pushing them out towards our smaller backs and leaving them with tons of space to run full tilt at them.

Andy Farrell will be a disaster if allowed to become head coach.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:57 am 

nardol wrote:

Provinces, get on it!

When some of their backs are bigger than your back rowers you are probably going to struggle in the power game.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:59 am 

danthefan wrote:
feckwanker wrote:

I'd say it's a mixture of the rest. Definitely players past their sell by date and abject refusal to bring in some players who would obviously improve the team. Coaching voices can get stale after a while. Extremely direct way of playing that doesn't work against a lot of teams.

It's hard to believe a lot of these players beat NZ not 9 or 10 months ago. We have disimproved to an incredible degree since.

Issue is that others have timed their improvements to align far better with RWC than us.

Which would be bad enough, had we plateaud and were treading water whilst others made strides. If that were the case, then you could say with some degree of hope that the group could well yet lay down a perfectly timed resurgence.

However, does anyone buy that? Our problems are compounded by the fact that we have manifestly NOT managed to tread water. We seem to be adrift.

Any glorious resurgence would see us lucky to reach a point from which the other contenders have already moved on.

It is looking like we have butchered this.

Again.

Brings me back to my fundamental, logical conclusion: the IRFU couldn't give a flying fcuk about the RWC. They're happy to capitalise on hitting our 6N straps during our neighbours slack periods.

Am genuinely struggling to see how the consistency of our RWC timing can be explained in any other way.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:00 pm 

Armchair_Superstar wrote:
The Toner/Hendo debate has been completely divorced from reality. Hendo was one of the only forwards who gave England any bother and produced two turnovers in the first 20. The lineout continued to deteriorate when Toner came in. He just can’t compete in contact with those English forwards, he gets folded over and he can’t blow them out of a ruck.

Henderson was decent, but he called a terrible lineout. Toner has been very poor in his two games so far; some of his rucking was pathetic.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:01 pm 

IBWT wrote:
nardol wrote:

Provinces, get on it!

When some of their backs are bigger than your back rowers you are probably going to struggle in the power game.

When some of our backrowers think that they're really wingers, you're going to struggle in the power game.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:01 pm 

That performance was worse that anything under Kidney including the 60-0 against the All Blacks.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:03 pm 

Jumper wrote:
That performance was worse that anything under Kidney including the 60-0 against the All Blacks.

I think the "Nil" bit tells you all you need to know.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:09 pm 

If I had shelled out big bucks to travel to Japan, I would be frantically padding out the touristy elements of the trip.

Have a few pals who are traveling and are disgusted. Two who put this instead of the next Lions trip as their rugby trip of a lifetime and they are beyond pissed off at their choice.

Hopefully they will be able to send pics from stadia in Japan, wearing shit-eating grins and rubbing the noses of us non-believers in it.

Hopefully.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:14 pm 

sewa wrote:
Flametop wrote:
A possible second half lineout containing Kleyn, Toner, POM and Beirne would be very interesting.

Do you reckon between them one of them will be able to guess where Best or Cronin are throwing it?

Bump

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:16 pm 

sewa wrote:
sewa wrote:
Flametop wrote:
A possible second half lineout containing Kleyn, Toner, POM and Beirne would be very interesting.

Do you reckon between them one of them will be able to guess where Best or Cronin are throwing it?

Bump

I already answered that one correctly yesterday.

:x :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:18 pm 

Flametop wrote:
That was a complete systems failure but especially so in defence.
It appears that we are implementing a rush-drift defence.
The inside backs are rushing up (often off first phase) to double tackle leaving overlaps and dog legs out wide.

We have learned nothing in the last four years about defending too narrowly.
Yesterday was like the 2015 Argentina match but worse.
Couldn’t even blame Stockdale or Larmour for biting in this time.
They were often marking four players on their own.

We should be pushing the big runners back infield towards traffic and our forwards.
Instead we are pushing them out towards our smaller backs and leaving them with tons of space to run full tilt at them.

Andy Farrell will be a disaster if allowed to become head coach.

Yes and no, it does feel like we might be changing our defensive set up (we surely have to be - as yesterday was nothing) but even at that you would still bring linespeed.

Even simple things, for their first try we have left Larmour defending a blindside for no reason (you have the (9/6/8) and their winger was in. So he has to sprint and has no hope of stopping Cokansinga. In reality he should be lined up either in the 10 channel or behind the 10 as a 2nd layer before 15

Then on his 2nd try, it is just a simple pull back to blindside winger, it wasn’t even particularly well disguised, the screen over ran it.

Basic rugby stuff...3 tries off first phase

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:22 pm 

redderneck wrote:
danthefan wrote:
feckwanker wrote:

Issue is that others have timed their improvements to align far better with RWC than us.

Which would be bad enough, had we plateaud and were treading water whilst others made strides. If that were the case, then you could say with some degree of hope that the group could well yet lay down a perfectly timed resurgence.

However, does anyone buy that? Our problems are compounded by the fact that we have manifestly NOT managed to tread water. We seem to be adrift.

Any glorious resurgence would see us lucky to reach a point from which the other contenders have already moved on.

It is looking like we have butchered this.

Again.

Brings me back to my fundamental, logical conclusion: the IRFU couldn't give a flying fcuk about the RWC. They're happy to capitalise on hitting our 6N straps during our neighbours slack periods.

Am genuinely struggling to see how the consistency of our RWC timing can be explained in any other way.

Agree. We got carried away with our success two seasons ago. When other teams were experimenting with youngsters with a view to the World Cup we peaking. Now maybe that was the plan, and as plans go there’s definitely an argument for it. Guys like Best are simply too old now, and really this should have been obvious to professional coaches. That said we have a few guys who should be peaking and they’re just not right - Jack McGrath, Murray, Stander, POM off the top of my head.

At least we know how far off the pace we are now. We’ve a lot to work on. England will have learnt nothing from that it was too easy. We have some quality players to bring back. A tweak in the backrow and second will make a difference. Not starting with a rookie outhalf will make a difference. Pity it’s wales next a good performance is all we need.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:26 pm 

Flametop wrote:
sewa wrote:
sewa wrote:
Flametop wrote:

Bump

I already answered that one correctly yesterday.

:x :lol:

I couldn't go back and read it all. Christ that was one bloody nightmare of a game. My English mates wouldn't even take the piss out of us after the match

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:27 pm 

Duff Paddy wrote:
EverReady wrote:
I see we have moved seamlessly into the 'well I think we are going to win you negative cünts' phase. I would like it noted I still think we will lose maybe even to Russia

Correctomondo. Big reality check coming tomorrow. Ross Byrne and Kleyn :lol: we are so f**ked. Even after the inevitable drubbing tomorrow the blatantly obvious will still elude the faithful on here. It’s heart breaking but it’s a big of comedy on here every 4 years at least

Pages 9807-9809 make for great comedy reading if anyone needs cheering up

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:35 pm 

WRT Best, it’s amazing that each time a player has a birthday he gets one year older.
There are some things that a coach can plan for and others are not.

Not making succession plan for a player and captain reaching 37 before a RWC is one of the most obvious mistakes that Joe has made.
You can argue all you like about nobody else putting their hand up properly but nobody has been given a proper chance. Cronin has been poorly man managed.
The bottom line is that nobody can play worse than Best has been playing for quite some time, so you might as well have backed a younger player a year or more ago.

Plenty of other players past their prime also.

Too much loyalty and the unintended consequences of central congrats.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:44 pm 

Banana Man wrote:
EverReady wrote:
*gets cock pics ready

Fired you a mail there bman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:45 pm 

Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
Banana Man wrote:
EverReady wrote:
*gets cock pics ready

Fired you a mail there bman

:thumbup:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 424024 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9816, 9817, 9818, 9819, 9820, 9821, 9822 ... 10601  Next