The Official Irish Rugby Thread

All things Rugby
Nolanator
Posts: 38150
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Nolanator »

European finals.
User avatar
Luckycharmer
Posts: 7758
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Luckycharmer »

irishrugbyua wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:19 pm
hermie wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:13 pm
ROL obviously can play there but he would be lined up for 13 most likely. But if JOB was outside centre that's an option. Hawkshaw is an another if one of the 10s is released. Tommy O'Brien or Gavin Mullen either.
Mullin has been released.

Centre Options:
Rory O'Loughlin(26)
Jimmy O'Brien(23)
Ciaran Frawley(22)
Tommy O'Brien(22)
David Hawkshaw(21)
Liam Turner(21)
ROL is a player who is a bit unfortunate, I reckon he would be a starter on most other teams. Problem is that he could be too versatile, he could have been a really good winger as well (I know he has played there).
I know turner was with the 7's not sure he is big enough to go all the way. It will be interesting to see if Hawkshaw ends up as a 10 or 12.
irishrugbyua
Posts: 14057
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:10 pm

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by irishrugbyua »

Luckycharmer wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:45 pm
ROL is a player who is a bit unfortunate, I reckon he would be a starter on most other teams. Problem is that he could be too versatile, he could have been a really good winger as well (I know he has played there).
I know turner was with the 7's not sure he is big enough to go all the way. It will be interesting to see if Hawkshaw ends up as a 10 or 12.
Turner & Hawkshaw have been training with seniors as of late.

I expect Hawshaw to play primarily 10 this season anyway.
User avatar
Leinsterman
Posts: 9201
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Leinsterman »

Nolanator wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:57 pm European finals.
Something that typically wouldn't register on Earl's radar*






*sorry, I'm being mean
irishrugbyua
Posts: 14057
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:10 pm

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by irishrugbyua »

The first of three national Sevens tournaments over the coming weeks is set to be played in Dublin on Saturday, as Ireland will go head-to-head against Munster, Connacht and Ulster.

Due to a raft of injuries, as well as a host international call-ups, Leinster, who were due to take part, have opted to drop out.

With two further events lined up for October 31 and November 7, it is hoped that Leinster will be able to rejoin and further boost the tournament, which has been designed to give players some much-needed game time.

The tournament, which is to be called the 'IRFU Academy 7s', is hoped to become an annual event.

Anthony Eddy, Ireland's director of sevens rugby, will have a strong squad to pick from this weekend with the likes of Jordan Conroy, Billy Dardis and Terry Kennedy all in line to feature.

IRFU performance director David Nucifora is also set to be in attendance.

The provinces are largely expected to use their Academy players, although some senior guys will also be involved.

Munster head coach Johann van Graan has already revealed that several of his senior players will be included.

It is understood that the provinces have been working with the Ireland sevens management in terms of preparing their teams for the rigorous demands of the shorter code.

The games will all take place on Saturday, with the four teams to play each other once.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ ... 24216.html
irishrugbyua
Posts: 14057
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:10 pm

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by irishrugbyua »

Jordan Larmour will not be available to play any role in this autumn international window while Ryan Baird has been ruled out of the two remaining Six Nations fixtures.

Connacht’s Ultan Dillane has been added to the squad.

Finlay Bealham and Dave Heffernan are progressing though the return to play protocols.

Johnny Sexton, Rónan Kelleher and Andrew Porter will be monitored this week with a view to commencing training next week.

Peter O’Mahony and Chris Farrell were identified as close contacts, are COVID clear and will complete the period of isolation before joining the squad on Monday.

All players and management produced negative PCR tests on Monday ahead of entering national camp.
User avatar
anonymous_joe
Posts: 14790
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by anonymous_joe »

irishrugbyua wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:50 pm
anonymous_joe wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:44 pm Here, IRUA will probably know, but open question, how exactly do the academies, sub-academies, etc, work?

What's the difference between the Academy and Sub-Academy?

Also, what scope is there to pick players who are in neither for Leinster and Leinster A? (And/or the 20s) Is that limited to players at clubs in Leinster or what?
academy players have a contract and sometimes train with the seniors, also now with covid they are in a bubble away from the sub-academy afaik, previously they'd have training together some.

leinster can offer a sub-academy place to anyone.. pre-covid the number of players in the sub-academy wasn't fixed.. although now i'm not sure.

not 100% sure how it's all working now with covid tbh
:thumbup:
User avatar
Luckycharmer
Posts: 7758
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Luckycharmer »

irishrugbyua wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:32 pm The first of three national Sevens tournaments over the coming weeks is set to be played in Dublin on Saturday, as Ireland will go head-to-head against Munster, Connacht and Ulster.

Due to a raft of injuries, as well as a host international call-ups, Leinster, who were due to take part, have opted to drop out.

With two further events lined up for October 31 and November 7, it is hoped that Leinster will be able to rejoin and further boost the tournament, which has been designed to give players some much-needed game time.

The tournament, which is to be called the 'IRFU Academy 7s', is hoped to become an annual event.

Anthony Eddy, Ireland's director of sevens rugby, will have a strong squad to pick from this weekend with the likes of Jordan Conroy, Billy Dardis and Terry Kennedy all in line to feature.

IRFU performance director David Nucifora is also set to be in attendance.

The provinces are largely expected to use their Academy players, although some senior guys will also be involved.

Munster head coach Johann van Graan has already revealed that several of his senior players will be included.

It is understood that the provinces have been working with the Ireland sevens management in terms of preparing their teams for the rigorous demands of the shorter code.

The games will all take place on Saturday, with the four teams to play each other once.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ ... 24216.html
Typical JVG everyone else giving their academy lads a run while Munster will probaly play Billy Holland and other young lads.
User avatar
hermie
Posts: 9509
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by hermie »

irishrugbyua wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:17 pm Jordan Larmour will not be available to play any role in this autumn international window while Ryan Baird has been ruled out of the two remaining Six Nations fixtures.

Connacht’s Ultan Dillane has been added to the squad.

Finlay Bealham and Dave Heffernan are progressing though the return to play protocols.

Johnny Sexton, Rónan Kelleher and Andrew Porter will be monitored this week with a view to commencing training next week.

Peter O’Mahony and Chris Farrell were identified as close contacts, are COVID clear and will complete the period of isolation before joining the squad on Monday.

All players and management produced negative PCR tests on Monday ahead of entering national camp.
Shite, Baird as well. Forgotten he came off injured at the weekend. Rotten luck as he would have been in line for gametime, maybe even starting a game.
User avatar
Conspicuous
Posts: 6763
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Conspicuous »

hermie wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:10 pm
irishrugbyua wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:17 pm Jordan Larmour will not be available to play any role in this autumn international window while Ryan Baird has been ruled out of the two remaining Six Nations fixtures.

Connacht’s Ultan Dillane has been added to the squad.

Finlay Bealham and Dave Heffernan are progressing though the return to play protocols.

Johnny Sexton, Rónan Kelleher and Andrew Porter will be monitored this week with a view to commencing training next week.

Peter O’Mahony and Chris Farrell were identified as close contacts, are COVID clear and will complete the period of isolation before joining the squad on Monday.

All players and management produced negative PCR tests on Monday ahead of entering national camp.
Shite, Baird as well. Forgotten he came off injured at the weekend. Rotten luck as he would have been in line for gametime, maybe even starting a game.
Yeah, it’s a sickener about Baird . Was hoping he’d get time from the bench in 6N with a view to starting him in November if everything went well.
User avatar
rfurlong
Posts: 11105
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by rfurlong »

irishrugbyua wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:47 am
With so many players unavailable to Cullen and his coaching team ahead of a relentless block of games, the depth in the squad will be tested, and several new faces may get a chance to impress.

“It places a different sort of challenge for us now. We’ll get to see a lot of our younger Academy players step into the breach. There’s lots of challenges with that at the moment with the ‘bubbles’ and all the different challenges going on in society as well. We’ll look forward to the challenge now. We’ll spend a bit of time now trying to upskill a number of the younger players.”
Should be interesting to see what young players make their debut...
Andrew Smith come on down ! :thumbup:
User avatar
rfurlong
Posts: 11105
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by rfurlong »

irishrugbyua wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:57 pm
Luckycharmer wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:47 pm So who are the main prospects from that group?
Boyle, Barron, Hickey, Tector, Kiely, Martin & Osborne.

Cosgrave had a big reputation when he was younger but not sure he has the size/athleticism required to be a star at professional level. Need to see him at irish 20's level.

some of the u19's I wouldn't know much about, especially the club players.
He's got the athleticism if not the size if you get my meaning

Good in the air and a superb boot if he's playing FB

Excellent pass and very good running game if he's play 10 or 13

He might even end up on the wing

You'd want to see his place kicking ..... it's the best I've seen at that level/age
irishrugbyua
Posts: 14057
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:10 pm

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by irishrugbyua »

rfurlong wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:27 pm
He's got the athleticism if not the size if you get my meaning

Good in the air and a superb boot if he's playing FB

Excellent pass and very good running game if he's play 10 or 13

He might even end up on the wing

You'd want to see his place kicking ..... it's the best I've seen at that level/age
His professional future is in the back three IMO.. for wing and fullback he looks to lack elite athleticism/speed/size.. maybe he will look better than I expect at u20, hopefully but until he does i remain skeptical about his prospects at the highest level. Andrew Smith was a better prospect coming out of school, Jack Kelly and Cian Kelleher too probably.

He isn't playing 10 or 13 as a professional and his place kicking will likely be irrelevant too. Ringrose was a better kicker at that age too for me.

speaking of ex-micheals fullbacks, Rob Russell appears to be tearing it up for Trinity. Thought he was unlucky enough to not get a leinster academy place.
Last edited by irishrugbyua on Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Leinsterman
Posts: 9201
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Leinsterman »

O'Mahony was in close contact with a Covid case?
He should try that on the pitch. He might manage a tackle or two.
User avatar
Diabhal
Posts: 359
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:44 pm
Location: Gaillimh

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Diabhal »

Very few consistencies in life but Connacht and second row crisis will be around long after I'm dead.
User avatar
Mullet 2
Posts: 27694
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Mullet 2 »

Leinsterman wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:03 pm O'Mahony was in close contact with a Covid case?
He should try that on the pitch. He might manage a tackle or two.
:lol:
User avatar
anonymous_joe
Posts: 14790
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by anonymous_joe »

Leinsterman wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:03 pm O'Mahony was in close contact with a Covid case?
He should try that on the pitch. He might manage a tackle or two.
Ah you set that up nicely. :lol:
irishrugbyua
Posts: 14057
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:10 pm

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by irishrugbyua »

Johnny Sexton has been nominated for the World Rugby Men's 15s Player of the Decade award.

Other nominee's:

Dan Carter
Pieter-Steph du Toit
Thierry Dusautoir
Brodie Retallick
Richie McCaw
Kieran Reed
Beauden Barrett
Nolanator
Posts: 38150
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Nolanator »

Dusatoir's a bit odd. Lots of his career highlights were pre-2010. PTSD's an odd inclusion, fairly recent to the table.

Probably have to give it to McCaw, TBF.
User avatar
earl the beaver
Posts: 50387
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by earl the beaver »

Nolanator wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:44 am Dusatoir's a bit odd. Lots of his career highlights were pre-2010. PTSD's an odd inclusion, fairly recent to the table.

Probably have to give it to McCaw, TBF.
Isn't it because he was world player of the year in 2011?
User avatar
hermie
Posts: 9509
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by hermie »

Nolanator wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:44 am Dusatoir's a bit odd. Lots of his career highlights were pre-2010. PTSD's an odd inclusion, fairly recent to the table.

Probably have to give it to McCaw, TBF.
Are the nominees not just the various winners of the award in the last decade? Several would have won it more than once in that time. BB definitely won it twice or three times. Dusautoir won it in 2011 and is one of the most deserving winners really because it wasn't just who was the best player in the team of the year. BB for me. McCaw was already past his best by the turn of the decade.
User avatar
hermie
Posts: 9509
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by hermie »

Just had a look. Both Carter and Beaudie won it twice in the period that's why there are 8 nominees.
irishrugbyua
Posts: 14057
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:10 pm

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by irishrugbyua »

hermie wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:52 am
Nolanator wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:44 am Dusatoir's a bit odd. Lots of his career highlights were pre-2010. PTSD's an odd inclusion, fairly recent to the table.

Probably have to give it to McCaw, TBF.
Are the nominees not just the various winners of the award in the last decade? Several would have won it more than once in that time. BB definitely won it twice or three times. Dusautoir won it in 2011 and is one of the most deserving winners really because it wasn't just who was the best player in the team of the year. BB for me. McCaw was already past his best by the turn of the decade.
just checked.. yes :lol:

they didn't mention that in the announcement.. talk about lazy
User avatar
danthefan
Posts: 22541
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by danthefan »

Nolanator wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:44 am Dusatoir's a bit odd. Lots of his career highlights were pre-2010. PTSD's an odd inclusion, fairly recent to the table.

Probably have to give it to McCaw, TBF.
It's just all the WPOTYs of the decade.
User avatar
hermie
Posts: 9509
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by hermie »

irishrugbyua wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:57 am
hermie wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:52 am
Nolanator wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:44 am Dusatoir's a bit odd. Lots of his career highlights were pre-2010. PTSD's an odd inclusion, fairly recent to the table.

Probably have to give it to McCaw, TBF.
Are the nominees not just the various winners of the award in the last decade? Several would have won it more than once in that time. BB definitely won it twice or three times. Dusautoir won it in 2011 and is one of the most deserving winners really because it wasn't just who was the best player in the team of the year. BB for me. McCaw was already past his best by the turn of the decade.
just checked.. yes :lol:

they didn't mention that in the announcement.. talk about lazy
Pretty lazy alright. They should have started with that 8 and then narrowed it down to 5 nominees really.
irishrugbyua
Posts: 14057
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:10 pm

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by irishrugbyua »

IRFU Academy 7s Squads:
Ireland: Aaron O’Sullivan, Ian Fitzpatrick, Gavin Mullin, Peter Maher, Jack Kelly, Mark Roche, Billy Dardis, Hugo Lennox, Terry Kennedy, Duran Krummeck, Steven Kilgallon, Jordan Conroy, Eanna Madden.

Connacht: Cathal Forde(U20), Shane Jennings(U20), Oran McNulty, Sean O’Brien, Diarmuid Kilgallen, Donnacha Byrne(U20), Hubert Costello(U20), Declan Adamson, Dylan Tierney, Oisin McCormack(U20), Joshua Dunne.

Munster: Eoghan Clarke, Scott Buckley, Jack Daly, Jack Crowley, Jake Flannery, Jonathan Wren, Sean French, Jack O’Sullivan, Alex McHenry, Liam Coombes, Calvin Nash, Matt Gallagher.

Ulster: Azur Allison, Ben Carson(U19), Lewis Finlay, Hayden Hyde, Bruce Houston, Cormac Izuchukwu, Greg Jones, Conor Rankin(U20), Marcus Rea, Aaron Sexton, David Shanahan.
irishrugbyua
Posts: 14057
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:10 pm

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by irishrugbyua »

Iain Henderson will miss Ireland's matches against Italy and France after getting a three week ban for his red card against Ospreys
irishrugbyua
Posts: 14057
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:10 pm

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by irishrugbyua »

irishrugbyua wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:08 pm IRFU Academy 7s Squads:
Ireland: Aaron O’Sullivan, Ian Fitzpatrick, Gavin Mullin, Peter Maher, Jack Kelly, Mark Roche, Billy Dardis, Hugo Lennox, Terry Kennedy, Duran Krummeck, Steven Kilgallon, Jordan Conroy, Eanna Madden.

Connacht: Cathal Forde(U20), Shane Jennings(U20), Oran McNulty, Sean O’Brien, Diarmuid Kilgallen, Donnacha Byrne(U20), Hubert Costello(U20), Declan Adamson, Dylan Tierney, Oisin McCormack(U20), Joshua Dunne.

Munster: Eoghan Clarke, Scott Buckley, Jack Daly, Jack Crowley, Jake Flannery, Jonathan Wren, Sean French, Jack O’Sullivan, Alex McHenry, Liam Coombes, Calvin Nash, Matt Gallagher.

Ulster: Azur Allison, Ben Carson(U19), Lewis Finlay, Hayden Hyde, Bruce Houston, Cormac Izuchukwu, Greg Jones, Conor Rankin(U20), Marcus Rea, Aaron Sexton, David Shanahan.
1 current leinster academy player and 4 ex-leinster academy players in IRFU squad.
User avatar
redderneck
Posts: 15022
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: We'll Never Forget You Geordan D'Arcy

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by redderneck »

irishrugbyua wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:16 pm
irishrugbyua wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:08 pm IRFU Academy 7s Squads:
Ireland: Aaron O’Sullivan, Ian Fitzpatrick, Gavin Mullin, Peter Maher, Jack Kelly, Mark Roche, Billy Dardis, Hugo Lennox, Terry Kennedy, Duran Krummeck, Steven Kilgallon, Jordan Conroy, Eanna Madden.

Connacht: Cathal Forde(U20), Shane Jennings(U20), Oran McNulty, Sean O’Brien, Diarmuid Kilgallen, Donnacha Byrne(U20), Hubert Costello(U20), Declan Adamson, Dylan Tierney, Oisin McCormack(U20), Joshua Dunne.

Munster: Eoghan Clarke, Scott Buckley, Jack Daly, Jack Crowley, Jake Flannery, Jonathan Wren, Sean French, Jack O’Sullivan, Alex McHenry, Liam Coombes, Calvin Nash, Matt Gallagher.

Ulster: Azur Allison, Ben Carson(U19), Lewis Finlay, Hayden Hyde, Bruce Houston, Cormac Izuchukwu, Greg Jones, Conor Rankin(U20), Marcus Rea, Aaron Sexton, David Shanahan.
1 current leinster academy player and 4 ex-leinster academy players in IRFU squad.
Lovechild of Simon Le Bon and Kenny Everett?
User avatar
earl the beaver
Posts: 50387
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by earl the beaver »

irishrugbyua wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:11 pm Iain Henderson will miss Ireland's matches against Italy and France after getting a three week ban for his red card against Ospreys
Expected, stupid offence.
User avatar
Jim Lahey
Posts: 9104
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:29 pm

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Jim Lahey »

We need BP wins against Italy and France to win the championship don’t we?

I’m not convinced Schmidt/Farrell-ball will get us 8 points never mind the 10.
irishrugbyua
Posts: 14057
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:10 pm

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by irishrugbyua »

redderneck wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:21 pm
irishrugbyua wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:16 pm
irishrugbyua wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:08 pm IRFU Academy 7s Squads:
Ireland: Aaron O’Sullivan, Ian Fitzpatrick, Gavin Mullin, Peter Maher, Jack Kelly, Mark Roche, Billy Dardis, Hugo Lennox, Terry Kennedy, Duran Krummeck, Steven Kilgallon, Jordan Conroy, Eanna Madden.

Connacht: Cathal Forde(U20), Shane Jennings(U20), Oran McNulty, Sean O’Brien, Diarmuid Kilgallen, Donnacha Byrne(U20), Hubert Costello(U20), Declan Adamson, Dylan Tierney, Oisin McCormack(U20), Joshua Dunne.

Munster: Eoghan Clarke, Scott Buckley, Jack Daly, Jack Crowley, Jake Flannery, Jonathan Wren, Sean French, Jack O’Sullivan, Alex McHenry, Liam Coombes, Calvin Nash, Matt Gallagher.

Ulster: Azur Allison, Ben Carson(U19), Lewis Finlay, Hayden Hyde, Bruce Houston, Cormac Izuchukwu, Greg Jones, Conor Rankin(U20), Marcus Rea, Aaron Sexton, David Shanahan.
1 current leinster academy player and 4 ex-leinster academy players in IRFU squad.
Lovechild of Simon Le Bon and Kenny Everett?
He is a saffer
User avatar
Mullet 2
Posts: 27694
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Mullet 2 »

Jim Lahey wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:29 pm We need BP wins against Italy and France to win the championship don’t we?

I’m not convinced Schmidt/Farrell-ball will get us 8 points never mind the 10.
You Nordies are so defeatist
User avatar
Jim Lahey
Posts: 9104
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:29 pm

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Jim Lahey »

Mullet 2 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:46 pm
Jim Lahey wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:29 pm We need BP wins against Italy and France to win the championship don’t we?

I’m not convinced Schmidt/Farrell-ball will get us 8 points never mind the 10.
You Nordies are so defeatist
Eh . . No surrender?
Nolanator
Posts: 38150
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Nolanator »

Jim Lahey wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:29 pm We need BP wins against Italy and France to win the championship don’t we?

I’m not convinced Schmidt/Farrell-ball will get us 8 points never mind the 10.
Concerned with winning? :lol:
irishrugbyua
Posts: 14057
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:10 pm

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by irishrugbyua »

Following clarification from the Government of Ireland & the Northern Ireland Executive we can confirm that the Energia Community Series is suspended in all 4 provinces until further notice.
User avatar
Luckycharmer
Posts: 7758
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Luckycharmer »

Jim Lahey wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:29 pm We need BP wins against Italy and France to win the championship don’t we?

I’m not convinced Schmidt/Farrell-ball will get us 8 points never mind the 10.
We are playing in Paris with a depleted squad against a team who quickly improving and have already beaten England. Not sure it really matters what way we play, I will be delighted with any win.
User avatar
lorcanoworms
Posts: 11513
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by lorcanoworms »

irishrugbyua wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:16 pm
irishrugbyua wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:08 pm IRFU Academy 7s Squads:
Ireland: Aaron O’Sullivan, Ian Fitzpatrick, Gavin Mullin, Peter Maher, Jack Kelly, Mark Roche, Billy Dardis, Hugo Lennox, Terry Kennedy, Duran Krummeck, Steven Kilgallon, Jordan Conroy, Eanna Madden.

Connacht: Cathal Forde(U20), Shane Jennings(U20), Oran McNulty, Sean O’Brien, Diarmuid Kilgallen, Donnacha Byrne(U20), Hubert Costello(U20), Declan Adamson, Dylan Tierney, Oisin McCormack(U20), Joshua Dunne.

Munster: Eoghan Clarke, Scott Buckley, Jack Daly, Jack Crowley, Jake Flannery, Jonathan Wren, Sean French, Jack O’Sullivan, Alex McHenry, Liam Coombes, Calvin Nash, Matt Gallagher.

Ulster: Azur Allison, Ben Carson(U19), Lewis Finlay, Hayden Hyde, Bruce Houston, Cormac Izuchukwu, Greg Jones, Conor Rankin(U20), Marcus Rea, Aaron Sexton, David Shanahan.
1 current leinster academy player and 4 ex-leinster academy players in IRFU squad.
Is that counting Eoghan Clarke?
Nolanator
Posts: 38150
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by Nolanator »

Mark Roche is still playing 7s? He must be pushing 30 now?
User avatar
DOB
Posts: 18377
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by DOB »

hermie wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:25 pm
irishrugbyua wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:57 am
hermie wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:52 am
Nolanator wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:44 am Dusatoir's a bit odd. Lots of his career highlights were pre-2010. PTSD's an odd inclusion, fairly recent to the table.

Probably have to give it to McCaw, TBF.
Are the nominees not just the various winners of the award in the last decade? Several would have won it more than once in that time. BB definitely won it twice or three times. Dusautoir won it in 2011 and is one of the most deserving winners really because it wasn't just who was the best player in the team of the year. BB for me. McCaw was already past his best by the turn of the decade.
just checked.. yes :lol:

they didn't mention that in the announcement.. talk about lazy
Pretty lazy alright. They should have started with that 8 and then narrowed it down to 5 nominees really.
Didn’t BOD win player of the 00’s without ever winning POTY?
Post Reply