The Official Irish Rugby Thread

All things Rugby
earl the beaver

Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Post by earl the beaver »

feckwanker wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:29 pm
earl the beaver wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:27 pm
feckwanker wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:24 pm
earl the beaver wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:19 pm God people are precious over anything some people say.

Willie said that things could be very different later in the spring in the UK, that's true and it will affect him personally. At the same time saying that the UK is going to be improving it's then probably safe to assume that other countries will also be improving as lockdowns take effect and the vaccines are rolled out.
That is all well and good but he didn't say that now, did he? :roll:
Yes he did.
Show me where he said the bolded part.
I used this thing called my brain and made things called assumptions and inferences after he responded to a post on the u20 6N with a comment from the UK's Chief Medical Officer about the spring.

I didn't do the blanket assumption from several on here that Willie was doing "oh look Britain is great", because, well, I'm not a moron.
feckwanker

Post by feckwanker »

earl the beaver wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:40 pm
earl the beaver wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:19 pm God people are precious over anything some people say.

Willie said that things could be very different later in the spring in the UK, that's true and it will affect him personally. At the same time saying that the UK is going to be improving it's then probably safe to assume that other countries will also be improving as lockdowns take effect and the vaccines are rolled out.
Yes he did.
I used this thing called my brain and made things called assumptions and inferences after he responded to a post on the u20 6N with a comment from the UK's Chief Medical Officer about the spring.

I didn't do the blanket assumption from several on here that Willie was doing "oh look Britain is great", because, well, I'm not a moron.
The jury is still out on that...
irishrugbyua

Post by irishrugbyua »

Ulster A

(15-9) Aaron Sexton(u21), Ben Moxham(u20), Hayden Hyde(u21/Exile), Ben Carson(u20), Conor Rankin(u20), Bill Johnston(u24/Rockwell), Nathan Doak(u20);

(1-8) Gareth Milasinovich, Adam McBurney(u25), Ross Kane(u26), Cormac Izuchukwu(u21), Conor McMenamin(u21), Harry Sheridan(u20), Marcus Rea, David McCann(u21) (Capt.).

Replacements from: Bradley Roberts, Callum Reid, Tom O’Toole, Reuben Crothers(u19), James McCormick(u19), Lewis Finlay(u21), James Humphreys(u20)
Last edited by irishrugbyua on Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luckycharmer

Post by Luckycharmer »

irishrugbyua wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:53 pm
Rabulah Conundrum wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:50 pm
DOB wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:29 pm
You can buy a latte in Wexford, can’t you?
As a Wexfordman, I’m happy to confirm that we do indeed have lattes. Only in the civilised parts of the county, though. They recently tried introducing coffee to the savages of Bunclody and New Ross, but the Bewleys rep was burned at the stake for sorcery. And the poor Enniscorthians haven’t had any drinkable water since the 2018 cholera outbreak.
the new coffee shop in courtown has really caused a stir.
Courtown is such a kip, it is Ballymun with no sun. It used to be alot nicer in the 80s not as rough and used to have an ok beach now the beach is all rocks have to go up a fair bit. Some nice parts either side in Ballymoney and further up coast.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Earl, for starters we're well behind you guys. Secondly, he responded to a post about an international competition without referencing all the nations. It's a meaningless point that the UK might be in good shape. Hopefully everyone will be but reference all of their CMO's statements then, not just assume that because it's ok where you are that it'll be OK everywhere.
Ulsters Red Hand

Post by Ulsters Red Hand »

irishrugbyua wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:22 pm Ulster A

(15-9) Aaron Sexton(u21), Ben Moxham(u20), Hayden Hyde(u21), Ben Carson(u20), Conor Rankin(u20), Bill Johnston, Nathan Doak(u20);

(1-8) Gareth Milasinovich, Adam McBurney, Ross Kane, Cormac Izuchukwu(u21), Conor McMenamin(u21), Harry Sheridan(u20), Marcus Rea, David McCann(u21) (Capt.).

Replacements from: Bradley Roberts, Callum Reid, Tom O’Toole, Reuben Crothers(u19), James McCormick(u19), Lewis Finlay(u21), James Humphreys(u20)
Who’s Harry Sheridan?
Ulsters Red Hand

Yes he did.
Are you dumb :lol:

Earl literally, almost word for word, stated what Willie said :lol:
Ulsters Red Hand

CM11 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:37 pm Earl, for starters we're well behind you guys. Secondly, he responded to a post about an international competition without referencing all the nations. It's a meaningless point that the UK might be in good shape. Hopefully everyone will be but reference all of their CMO's statements then, not just assume that because it's ok where you are that it'll be OK everywhere.
Or, you know, to actually put on an international competition it could be hosted in the UK?
irishrugbyua

Post by irishrugbyua »

Ulsters Red Hand wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:10 pm

(15-9) Aaron Sexton(u21), Ben Moxham(u20), Hayden Hyde(u21), Ben Carson(u20), Conor Rankin(u20), Bill Johnston, Nathan Doak(u20);

(1-8) Gareth Milasinovich, Adam McBurney, Ross Kane, Cormac Izuchukwu(u21), Conor McMenamin(u21), Harry Sheridan(u20), Marcus Rea, David McCann(u21) (Capt.).

Who’s Harry Sheridan?
u20 from Sullivan, was playing for trinity earlier in the season. Has been mostly a 2nd row, but theres hope he might have a future at 6 as he is undersized for a pro lock.
Ulsters Red Hand

irishrugbyua wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:18 pm

Who’s Harry Sheridan?
u20 from Sullivan, was playing for trinity earlier in the season. Has been mostly a 2nd row, but theres hope he might have a future at 6 as he is undersized for a pro lock.
Is he good?
irishrugbyua

Post by irishrugbyua »

Ulsters Red Hand wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:20 pm
irishrugbyua wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:18 pm

Who’s Harry Sheridan?
Is he good?
He's a good player from what i've heard but I don't know if he is a future academy player. Be interested to see how he goes tomorrow at 6.
Last edited by irishrugbyua on Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
feckwanker

Post by feckwanker »

Ulsters Red Hand wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:14 pm Are you dumb :lol:

What Willie said:
Why?

Deputy chief doctor in England told BBC radio today that he expects to see the UK in a very different place this spring.
What Earl said:
God people are precious over anything some people say.

Now genius, tell me where exactly Willie said what Earl said/implied.
The 6N is an international competition, not a UK one, so what difference does it make if the UK will be in "a very different place this spring"?
Ulsters Red Hand

feckwanker wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:27 pm
Ulsters Red Hand wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:14 pm Are you dumb :lol:

What Willie said:
Why?

Deputy chief doctor in England told BBC radio today that he expects to see the UK in a very different place this spring.
What Earl said:
God people are precious over anything some people say.

Now genius, tell me where exactly Willie said what Earl said/implied.
The 6N is an international competition, not a UK one, so what difference does it make if the UK will be in "a very different place this spring"?
Willie said
Earl said
Willie said that things could be very different later in the spring in the UK,
and then moved on to an implication based on Willie's statement.

You are the only one claiming Willie said something other than what he did.

As for your last question, it's not inconceivable, nor is it stupid, to suggest, as I am doing - not Willie or Earl, that for the sake of a year you could move the comp to the UK if it means having the competition, when 3 and a half of the countries taking part in it are from the UK
Jim Lahey

Post by Jim Lahey »

Nice comprehension lesson there lads :thumbup:
Perfect home schooling material for my 5 year old later.
quarter2four

Post by quarter2four »

Has Balcony Bob's Balcony tweet been done :D

https://twitter.com/KearneyRob/status/1 ... 83200?s=09
Jim Lahey

Post by Jim Lahey »

quarter2four wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:49 pm Has Balcony Bob's Balcony tweet been done :D

You’d almost get bored of getting your hole after 14 days of not doing anything else.
Jim Lahey

Post by Jim Lahey »

Ulster ‘A’ team to play Leinster ‘A’ at Kingspan Stadium, Friday 15 January, 3pm:

(15-9) Aaron Sexton, Ben Moxham, Hayden Hyde, Ben Carson, Conor Rankin, Bill Johnston, Nathan Doak;

(1-8) Gareth Milasinovich, Adam McBurney, Ross Kane, Cormac Izuchukwu, Conor McMenamin, Harry Sheridan, Marcus Rea, David McCann (Capt.).

Replacements from: Bradley Roberts, Callum Reid, Tom O’Toole, Reuben Crothers, James McCormick, Lewis Finlay, James Humphreys.

Can anyone shed any light on McMenamin and Sheridan?
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Ulsters Red Hand wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:17 pm
CM11 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:37 pm Earl, for starters we're well behind you guys. Secondly, he responded to a post about an international competition without referencing all the nations. It's a meaningless point that the UK might be in good shape. Hopefully everyone will be but reference all of their CMO's statements then, not just assume that because it's ok where you are that it'll be OK everywhere.
Or, you know, to actually put on an international competition it could be hosted in the UK?
The 'Hey let's move the goalposts so I don't have to admit I'm wrong.' gambit. :thumbup:
Conspicuous

Post by Conspicuous »

quarter2four wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:49 pm Has Balcony Bob's Balcony tweet been done :D

Yeah it was covered two weeks ago, soon after the tweet was made :thumbup:
earl the beaver

Post by earl the beaver »

Jim Lahey wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:53 pm Ulster ‘A’ team to play Leinster ‘A’ at Kingspan Stadium, Friday 15 January, 3pm:

(15-9) Aaron Sexton, Ben Moxham, Hayden Hyde, Ben Carson, Conor Rankin, Bill Johnston, Nathan Doak;

(1-8) Gareth Milasinovich, Adam McBurney, Ross Kane, Cormac Izuchukwu, Conor McMenamin, Harry Sheridan, Marcus Rea, David McCann (Capt.).

Replacements from: Bradley Roberts, Callum Reid, Tom O’Toole, Reuben Crothers, James McCormick, Lewis Finlay, James Humphreys.

Who is Harry Sheridan?

Some very promising players there.
Willie Falloon

Post by Willie Falloon »

Jim Lahey wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:53 pm Ulster ‘A’ team to play Leinster ‘A’ at Kingspan Stadium, Friday 15 January, 3pm:

Watched a game mcmenamin played in, workrate was poor I thought. Always appeared next to a ruck when it was clearly won and never really done anything of not.

Apparently the Cormac fella is a quality athlete. Think he is a Leinster reject though???
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Leinsterman wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:44 am
EverReady wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:36 pm Lads big job losses coming in Irish rugby. Backroom staff the beginning. Macron trying to fück the Brits has fücked us all. They were hanging on by a thread and that was it
It's hard to see if there's a short-term route out of this. The IRFU and provinces must be completely strapped for cash. Are people even buying merchandise at the moment? :?
Nope none getting sold. I got my young fella the new jersey before Christmas for 30 smackers andy understanding is the sales have been risible. The whole thing is fücked
irishrugbyua

Post by irishrugbyua »

Willie Falloon wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:03 pm

Watched a game mcmenamin played in, workrate was poor I thought. Always appeared next to a ruck when it was clearly won and never really done anything of not.

Apparently the Cormac fella is a quality athlete. Think he is a Leinster reject though???
Yeah he was around Leinster 20's and sub academy last season.. major project but very good athlete. seems to be doing well though up north.
Luckycharmer

Post by Luckycharmer »

irishrugbyua wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:13 pm

Yeah he was around Leinster 20's and sub academy last season.. major project but very good athlete. seems to be doing well though up north.
He also played a good bit of 7s, for all whining about the Irish 7s here it has produced some decent players for 15s. The one area it really seems to help them is defensively, Keenan, Baloucoune, JOB all came through the 7s and they are all decent tacklers especially in the open field.
Luckycharmer

Post by Luckycharmer »

Do you get charged roaming now if you go across the Border?
Jim Lahey

Post by Jim Lahey »

Luckycharmer wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:46 pm Do you get charged roaming now if you go across the Border?
F**K OFF, WE’RE FULL.

Probably. The EU are stealing our ham sandwiches ffs, they’ll definitely shaft us with our phone networks.
Ulsters Red Hand

CM11 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:56 pm
The 'Hey let's move the goalposts so I don't have to admit I'm wrong.' gambit. :thumbup:
Ok, well then let's not have the 6N in any format cause some bozos on the internet said so :thumbup:
Ulsters Red Hand

irishrugbyua wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:13 pm

That bench is very odd, two hockers, no locks or no outside backs.
hermie

Post by hermie »

Looks like a great athlete alright the bits I've seen of him. Hopefully McFarland can mold him into a quality player.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Ulsters Red Hand wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:55 pm
CM11 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:56 pm
Ok, well then let's not have the 6N in any format cause some bozos on the internet said so :thumbup:
You're making up an argument that no one is having.
Winnie

Post by Winnie »

Jim Lahey wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:49 pm Nice comprehension lesson there lads :thumbup:
Lol
Grim isnt it
I think some of our southern cousins would take offence if Willie said the sky is blue and water is wet
I wonder why :roll:
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Winnie wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:21 pm
Jim Lahey wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:49 pm Nice comprehension lesson there lads :thumbup:
Lol
Grim isnt it
I think some of our southern cousins would take offence if Willie said the sky is blue and water is wet
:roll:
Luckycharmer

Post by Luckycharmer »

Jim Lahey wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:51 pm
Luckycharmer wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:46 pm Do you get charged roaming now if you go across the Border?
F**K OFF, WE’RE FULL.

Probably. The EU are stealing our ham sandwiches ffs, they’ll definitely shaft us with our phone networks.
No intention of going near the border, just had seen something somewhere else about roaming abroad limits in the EU.
Oh how I would laugh if the Gardai stopped all the lads coming over the border for GAA matches and took their sambos off them :lol:
themaddog

Post by themaddog »

Lol
Grim isnt it
Enlighten us. Why?
feckwanker

Post by feckwanker »

Lol
Grim isnt it
Tell us why you think that is so. Go on, you've made your comment so explain it.
Jim Lahey

Post by Jim Lahey »

Luckycharmer wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:25 pm
F**K OFF, WE’RE FULL.

No intention of going near the border, just had seen something somewhere else about roaming abroad limits in the EU.
Oh how I would laugh if the Gardai stopped all the lads coming over the border for GAA matches and took their sambos off them :lol:
Something we can all agree on :thumbup:
Winnie

Post by Winnie »

themaddog wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:53 pm
Lol
Grim isnt it
Enlighten us. Why?
Don’t know why shadow.
That’s why I asked the question
Why do you follow me around like a lapdog
Why do people find fault with willies points regardless of what he says
Some of the questions that philosophers will ponder over for decades to come no doubt
feckwanker

Post by feckwanker »

Nice cop-out :roll:
themaddog

Post by themaddog »

Winnie wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:01 pm
themaddog wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:53 pm
Lol
Grim isnt it
Enlighten us. Why?
Don’t know why shadow.
That’s why I asked the question
Why do you follow me around like a lapdog
Why do people find fault with willies points regardless of what he says
Some of the questions that philosophers will ponder over for decades to come no doubt
Typical Whingy. Attempt to stir the pot but when challenged fail to back it up. Stick to the personal insults, you're much better at it.
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

Luckycharmer wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:25 pm
F**K OFF, WE’RE FULL.

No, the mobile networks said they wouldn't charge for roaming post Brexit.
Regarding checkpoints for the bogball games, sounds like a good plan - turn them all back and stop them coming down :thumbup: