Planet Rugby Forum
https://forum.planetrugby.com/

The Official Irish Rugby Thread
https://forum.planetrugby.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=48
Page 3 of 10575

Author:  Floppykid [ Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Mr. Very Popular wrote:
grimoald wrote:
People on MF saying that DOC will be starting.

That and D'Arcy would be proper bullshit 'loyalty' selections.

.


I can understand D'arcy starting to an extent,but DoC starting would be bullshit.
Ryan is exactly the kind of player we need to arm wrestle the Welsh.

That'd even surprise me from Kidney.
I mean, c'mon, Ryan's from Munster like!!!!
Seriously though, DOC isn't first choice at his club anymore, how Kidney could pick him boggles the mind.

Author:  grimoald [ Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Mr. Very Popular wrote:
grimoald wrote:
People on MF saying that DOC will be starting.

That and D'Arcy would be proper bullshit 'loyalty' selections.

.


I can understand D'arcy starting to an extent,but DoC starting would be bullshit.
Ryan is exactly the kind of player we need to arm wrestle the Welsh.


D'Arcy would be worse, at least DOC is still physically up to test rugby.

Author:  CM11 [ Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Floppykid wrote:
Is anyone on MF reliable?

Where's Bock these days? He's always right about these things.


That's Buck.

Bock is Mostly Munster and being right about things wouldn't be the first thing that springs to mind about him....

Author:  CM11 [ Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

grimoald wrote:
Mr. Very Popular wrote:
grimoald wrote:
People on MF saying that DOC will be starting.

That and D'Arcy would be proper bullshit 'loyalty' selections.

.


I can understand D'arcy starting to an extent,but DoC starting would be bullshit.
Ryan is exactly the kind of player we need to arm wrestle the Welsh.


D'Arcy would be worse, at least DOC is still physically up to test rugby.


With D'Arcy the options aren't as clearcut and there is still the experience argument. Not saying it should be him but without him you'd be putting out a rookie centre pairing regardless of experience in other positions. With POC in the 2nd row and an experienced pack surrounding him there's no reason not to start Ryan.

Author:  In BOD we trust! [ Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Test.

Author:  Mr. Very Popular [ Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

grimoald wrote:
Mr. Very Popular wrote:
grimoald wrote:
People on MF saying that DOC will be starting.

That and D'Arcy would be proper bullshit 'loyalty' selections.

.


I can understand D'arcy starting to an extent,but DoC starting would be bullshit.
Ryan is exactly the kind of player we need to arm wrestle the Welsh.


D'Arcy would be worse, at least DOC is still physically up to test rugby.


DoC needs to be phased out,as does D"arcy, and throwing Ryan in would be fine because he's been around at a very high level for a long time,dropping D'Arcy and having a fairly inexperienced centre partnership would be a huge call,unless of course he picks Wallace at 12.

Author:  Banana Man [ Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Image

Author:  shabadoo [ Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

In BOD we trust! wrote:
Test.

+1

Author:  Apposite [ Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

We need someone who knows what the fudge is going on in Ulster pronto!

If McLoughlin didn't want to continue why the hell isn't everything being thrown at changing his mind?

If the IRFU don't want to keep him on, WHY NOT? Arguably Ulster's 2 most successful seasons in the last decade, this is properly f**king mental. It's a serious risk to let him go even though they definitely have a better squad than they did, say, 5 yrs ago.

Author:  Mr. Very Popular [ Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Apposite wrote:
We need someone who knows what the fudge is going on in Ulster pronto!

If McLoughlin didn't want to continue why the hell isn't everything being thrown at changing his mind?

If the IRFU don't want to keep him on, WHY NOT? Arguably Ulster's 2 most successful seasons in the last decade, this is properly f**king mental. It's a serious risk to let him go even though they definitely have a better squad than they did, say, 5 yrs ago.


There is a lot of money on offer for the position,so I doubt money is the issue in McL's case,maybe he just doesn't want the pressure of the job and would prefer to be in the background.

Author:  Zola [ Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Kidney to get the Lions job,

McLoughlin for Ireland
:nod:

Author:  Despot [ Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Mr. Very Popular wrote:
Apposite wrote:
We need someone who knows what the fudge is going on in Ulster pronto!

If McLoughlin didn't want to continue why the hell isn't everything being thrown at changing his mind?

If the IRFU don't want to keep him on, WHY NOT? Arguably Ulster's 2 most successful seasons in the last decade, this is properly f**king mental. It's a serious risk to let him go even though they definitely have a better squad than they did, say, 5 yrs ago.


There is a lot of money on offer for the position,so I doubt money is the issue in McL's case,maybe he just doesn't want the pressure of the job and would prefer to be in the background.



if thats the case you would wonder why he resigned his teaching role permanently less than a year ago?

Author:  Mr. Very Popular [ Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Zola wrote:
Kidney to get the Lions job,

McLoughlin for Ireland
:nod:


Kidney for Lions
Elwood for interim coach :nod:

Author:  Apposite [ Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Despot wrote:
Mr. Very Popular wrote:
Apposite wrote:
We need someone who knows what the fudge is going on in Ulster pronto!

If McLoughlin didn't want to continue why the hell isn't everything being thrown at changing his mind?

If the IRFU don't want to keep him on, WHY NOT? Arguably Ulster's 2 most successful seasons in the last decade, this is properly f**king mental. It's a serious risk to let him go even though they definitely have a better squad than they did, say, 5 yrs ago.


There is a lot of money on offer for the position,so I doubt money is the issue in McL's case,maybe he just doesn't want the pressure of the job and would prefer to be in the background.



if thats the case you would wonder why he resigned his teaching role permanently less than a year ago?


The whole thing doesn't seem to make any sense.

Author:  Hellraiser [ Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Banana Man wrote:
Image



:lol:

Author:  Mr. Very Popular [ Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Despot wrote:
Mr. Very Popular wrote:
Apposite wrote:
We need someone who knows what the fudge is going on in Ulster pronto!

If McLoughlin didn't want to continue why the hell isn't everything being thrown at changing his mind?

If the IRFU don't want to keep him on, WHY NOT? Arguably Ulster's 2 most successful seasons in the last decade, this is properly f**king mental. It's a serious risk to let him go even though they definitely have a better squad than they did, say, 5 yrs ago.


There is a lot of money on offer for the position,so I doubt money is the issue in McL's case,maybe he just doesn't want the pressure of the job and would prefer to be in the background.



if thats the case you would wonder why he resigned his teaching role permanently less than a year ago?


Very true,I imagine he'll stay in rugby in some form so giving up a job he wasn't doing was probably just the right thing to do for him.

Author:  Zola [ Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Mr. Very Popular wrote:
Zola wrote:
Kidney to get the Lions job,

McLoughlin for Ireland
:nod:


Kidney for Lions
Elwood for interim coach :nod:


fudge It, McLoughlin for Lions
Leivremont for Ireland

Author:  Uncle Fester [ Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Floppykid wrote:
Is anyone on MF reliable?

Where's Bock these days? He's always right about these things.

You thinking of Buck?

Author:  danthefan [ Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

DOC?

:lol: :uhoh:

Author:  Declan Kidney [ Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

danthefan wrote:
DOC?

:lol: :uhoh:

:lol:

Author:  Lenny [ Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

First post on new site - want to see if my laboured attempts to install my avatar has worked.

Author:  danthefan [ Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Lenny wrote:
First post on new site - want to see if my laboured attempts to install my avatar has worked.


That's a negative.

Author:  Zola [ Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

DOC shouldn't be on the bench let alone starting, had to laugh at Frankie on ATH bigging up his performance vs Northampton. One passable game at HC level doesn't excuse half a season of bench warming.
Tuhoy covers 6 better too.

Author:  Mr. Very Popular [ Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Zola wrote:
DOC shouldn't be on the bench let alone starting, had to laugh at Frankie on ATH bigging up his performance vs Northampton. One passable game at HC level doesn't excuse half a season of bench warming.
Tuhoy covers 6 better too.


I prefer Touhy myself.

Author:  Lenny [ Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

danthefan wrote:
Lenny wrote:
First post on new site - want to see if my laboured attempts to install my avatar has worked.


That's a negative.


So it seems - do they still have to be approved?

Author:  massivepr1ck [ Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Good riddance BMcL,

Fcuk off DOC

Author:  Lenny [ Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

massivepr1ck wrote:
Good riddance BMcL,

Fcuk off DOC


It seems you've chosen a highly appropriate name for yourself.

Author:  redrebel [ Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Jaysus ...we arent in Kansas anymore :shock: :uhoh:

Author:  Mr. Very Popular [ Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

massivepr1ck wrote:
Good riddance BMcL,

Fcuk off DOC


:thumbdown:

:thumbup:

Author:  Zola [ Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Mr. Very Popular wrote:
Zola wrote:
DOC shouldn't be on the bench let alone starting, had to laugh at Frankie on ATH bigging up his performance vs Northampton. One passable game at HC level doesn't excuse half a season of bench warming.
Tuhoy covers 6 better too.


I prefer Touhy myself.


Never heard of him

Author:  PornDog [ Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

CM11 wrote:
Floppykid wrote:
Is anyone on MF reliable?

Where's Bock these days? He's always right about these things.


That's Buck.

Bock is Mostly Munster and being right about things wouldn't be the first thing that springs to mind about him....


That's a bit harsh - he was right about BOD being a great 7.

Author:  Mr. Very Popular [ Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Zola wrote:
Mr. Very Popular wrote:
Zola wrote:
DOC shouldn't be on the bench let alone starting, had to laugh at Frankie on ATH bigging up his performance vs Northampton. One passable game at HC level doesn't excuse half a season of bench warming.
Tuhoy covers 6 better too.


I prefer Touhy myself.


Never heard of him


Solid player,English,plays for Ulster,his father once had a ride.

Author:  massivepr1ck [ Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Lenny wrote:
massivepr1ck wrote:
Good riddance BMcL,

Fcuk off DOC


It seems you've chosen a highly appropriate name for yourself.

If you enjoy the prospect of lumbering oafs gaining any form of credit for sitting on benches and contributing absolutely nothing then I can understand where you are coming from.

Author:  Luckycharmer [ Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Zola wrote:
DOC shouldn't be on the bench let alone starting, had to laugh at Frankie on ATH bigging up his performance vs Northampton. One passable game at HC level doesn't excuse half a season of bench warming.
Tuhoy covers 6 better too.


Program was embarassing was it Frankie who predicted a grand slam and the only one with realistic expectations was brendan fanning- 2 said we will win in Paris.

Author:  Lenny [ Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

massivepr1ck wrote:
Lenny wrote:
massivepr1ck wrote:
Good riddance BMcL,

Fcuk off DOC


It seems you've chosen a highly appropriate name for yourself.

If you enjoy the prospect of lumbering oafs gaining any form of credit for sitting on benches and contributing absolutely nothing then I can understand where you are coming from.


I thought your comment about BMcL was actually more indicative of your moronic tendencies than the one about DOC. However given what DOC has contributed to Munster and Ireland over the past 10 years your comment about him is f**king stupid as well.

Author:  danthefan [ Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Luckycharmer wrote:
Zola wrote:
DOC shouldn't be on the bench let alone starting, had to laugh at Frankie on ATH bigging up his performance vs Northampton. One passable game at HC level doesn't excuse half a season of bench warming.
Tuhoy covers 6 better too.


Program was embarassing was it Frankie who predicted a grand slam and the only one with realistic expectations was brendan fanning- 2 said we will win in Paris.


Think there was a stat given on Off The Ball last night, Ireland have won one of the last 20 games in Paris. And professional pundits are tipping us to go there and win :uhoh:

Author:  MunsterMan!!!!! [ Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

I would be seriously pissed off if DOC was starting, Ryan has been playing some great stuff of late, I would have gave him MOM for the saints game and he even was playing out of position. It is not as if Ryan is inexperienced either, wtf, like!!!!

Author:  Luckycharmer [ Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

danthefan wrote:
Luckycharmer wrote:
Zola wrote:
DOC shouldn't be on the bench let alone starting, had to laugh at Frankie on ATH bigging up his performance vs Northampton. One passable game at HC level doesn't excuse half a season of bench warming.
Tuhoy covers 6 better too.


Program was embarassing was it Frankie who predicted a grand slam and the only one with realistic expectations was brendan fanning- 2 said we will win in Paris.


Think there was a stat given on Off The Ball last night, Ireland have won one of the last 20 games in Paris. And professional pundits are tipping us to go there and win :uhoh:


Yep once in nearly 40 years :blush: We couldn't even beat their B team at home in RWC warmups and prob half the country who are clueless will take what those muppets say as Gospel.

Author:  Lenny [ Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

danthefan wrote:
Luckycharmer wrote:
Zola wrote:
DOC shouldn't be on the bench let alone starting, had to laugh at Frankie on ATH bigging up his performance vs Northampton. One passable game at HC level doesn't excuse half a season of bench warming.
Tuhoy covers 6 better too.


Program was embarassing was it Frankie who predicted a grand slam and the only one with realistic expectations was brendan fanning- 2 said we will win in Paris.


Think there was a stat given on Off The Ball last night, Ireland have won one of the last 20 games in Paris. And professional pundits are tipping us to go there and win :uhoh:


Its amazing that harsh experience doesn't seem to deflate our irrational optimism every two years when we're heading off to Paris. You'd have thought that we'd have learned by now. :(( :blush:

Author:  Despot [ Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

MunsterMan!!!!! wrote:
I would be seriously pissed off if DOC was starting, Ryan has been playing some great stuff of late, I would have gave him MOM for the saints game and he even was playing out of position. It is not as if Ryan is inexperienced either, wtf, like!!!!



Havent seen anyone say anything other that Ryan starting. Debate is about bench cover- DOC v Touhy. Touhy didnt really deliver against the saxons, and DOC played himself back into contention against the saints. Take your pick. Im in the DOC camp, but wouldnt be upset either way.

Page 3 of 10575 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/