Game of Thrones - Books/TV (Full of spoilers mark nothing)

All things Rugby
Zakar

Re: Game of Thrones - Books/TV (Full of spoilers mark nothin

Post by Zakar »

Toulon's Not Toulouse wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
alliswell wrote:Haven't they a McGregor cameo lined up too? Could do without
McGregor will fit in with most groups in the series tbf.
McGregor vs FrankenGregor, the Trial by Combat of the Century!
There is actually some great footage of McGregor sparring vs the Mountain. McGregor is crazy fast, but there is a couple of moments where Hafthor got his hands on McGregor, which probably would have ended in a skullcrushing if it was for real.
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

Boyega's comments are stupid af .
Witchfinder General

Post by Witchfinder General »

tabascoboy wrote:
danthefan wrote:Have just seen it pointed out that the Ironborn would have had to pass Dragonstone to get to KL and then pass it again on the way out. With Dany just rocking up and finding it empty with no hassle at all this is a bit stupid. Similarly she could send the dragons to burn the shit out of that whole fleet.

On top of this massive Iron fleet appearing out of nowhere the whole Ironborn arc feels a bit crap.
There's no way of knowing how much time passed between Euron's scene and Dany's arrival at Dragonstone though. And do we know the fleet left KL or did they stay there?

But the Ironborn arc in the books is pretty crap too.
It wasn't helped by the eye rolling panto villain performance by the guy playing Euron, he was just short of winking at the camera.
Hawk97

Post by Hawk97 »

Floppykid wrote:Boyega's comments are stupid af .
Is he getting put straight, or is everyone lapping it up and nodding their heads?
tabascoboy

Post by tabascoboy »

Witchfinder General wrote:
tabascoboy wrote:
danthefan wrote:Have just seen it pointed out that the Ironborn would have had to pass Dragonstone to get to KL and then pass it again on the way out. With Dany just rocking up and finding it empty with no hassle at all this is a bit stupid. Similarly she could send the dragons to burn the shit out of that whole fleet.

On top of this massive Iron fleet appearing out of nowhere the whole Ironborn arc feels a bit crap.
There's no way of knowing how much time passed between Euron's scene and Dany's arrival at Dragonstone though. And do we know the fleet left KL or did they stay there?

But the Ironborn arc in the books is pretty crap too.
It wasn't helped by the eye rolling panto villain performance by the guy playing Euron, he was just short of winking at the camera.
And Euron's an utter twat in the books too, they could have changed the character for the show I suppose but why polish a turd?
Beaver_Shark

Post by Beaver_Shark »

The Native wrote:
comets wrote:
The Native wrote:
comets wrote:a leak said Dany and Jon will do the "deed" in episode 8 :P but i think Indira Varma (Ellaria) will take hers out next episode :)
That'd be Jon bonking his Aunt wouldn't it?

To be fair, if my Aunt looked like that I'd be keen.
yeah but at that point, neither is aware that they are related :P but they do find that out in that episode and that is where the season will end :P
If Bran meets Jon then he'll tell him who his parents are. I can't really see Jon and Dany meeting before Bran reunites with Jon and Sansa.

Does Jon or Dany have the better claim to the Iron Throne? Jon's Father was the heir apparent, but Jon is still a bastard, albeit a royal one. And Dany is the sister of the heir apparent. I'm not sure how it would work, though Stannis offering to legitimize Jon would mean that he has no claim being a bastard.
Dragonglass.

They've already stated that Jon and his men will be on a mission for Dragonglass in this season. So my theory is that Sam's message to Jon will arrive before Bran gets to Winterfell. Jon will then head South to Dragonstone to find this mountain of Dragonglass.

And then do the deed with his aunt, still unknowing of his true identity.
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

Doesn't he have blue lips and an eye patch?
tabascoboy

Post by tabascoboy »

Floppykid wrote:Doesn't he have blue lips and an eye patch?
Yes
Euron is pale and handsome with black hair and a dark beard. He wears a patch over his left eye, and is nicknamed Crow's Eye. According to Euron's nephew, Theon Greyjoy, the patch conceals a "black eye shining with malice". His right eye is as blue as summer sky and is regarded as his "smiling eye". In addition, his lips are a pale blue, due to his propensity to drink shade of the evening.

Euron is a wildly unpredictable man, known for his delight in playing vicious mind games and waging psychological warfare on anyone around him. He is hated by his brothers for this reason. A skilled warrior and manipulator, Euron is cunning, shrewd and ruthless.
Yer Man

Post by Yer Man »

comets wrote:a leak said Dany and Jon will do the "deed" in episode 8 :P but i think Indira Varma (Ellaria) will take hers out next episode :)
Not bad considering there's only 7 episodes this season...
comets

Post by comets »

Yer Man wrote:
Not bad considering there's only 7 episodes this season...
yes episode 7, my bad ..
tabascoboy

Post by tabascoboy »

Beaver_Shark wrote: Dragonglass.

They've already stated that Jon and his men will be on a mission for Dragonglass in this season. So my theory is that Sam's message to Jon will arrive before Bran gets to Winterfell. Jon will then head South to Dragonstone to find this mountain of Dragonglass.

In that book they were reading it hinted that Dragonglass was regarded as a cure for a disease - which would most likely be Greyscale and a way to tie up two elements of the story in one go.

Only part of the text was visible though so it could be there to mislead.

A link to the image which is massive: https://i.redd.it/cwkhvczpt2az.jpg

How you could ingest obsidian without shredding your stomach lining though...
Chuckles1188

Post by Chuckles1188 »

DragonKhan wrote:I see John Boyega is playing the race card giving out that there are no black people in Game of Thrones. Imagine his surprise when he learns it is is semi based on medieval Europe which was a very white place
No it wasn't. There have been black people in Europe for over a thousand years
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

Chuckles1188 wrote:
DragonKhan wrote:I see John Boyega is playing the race card giving out that there are no black people in Game of Thrones. Imagine his surprise when he learns it is is semi based on medieval Europe which was a very white place
Bollocks.
DragonKhan

Post by DragonKhan »

Chuckles1188 wrote:
Oh ffs Chuckles are you really going to do this. Considering Westeros is basically meant to be the Uk
tabascoboy

Post by tabascoboy »

Floppykid wrote:
Chuckles1188 wrote:
Bollocks.
There may not have been more than a few spread out all over the continent of course but http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... -1190.html
danthefan

Post by danthefan »

Chuckles1188 wrote:
It wasn't a very white place?

Are you f**king serious?
Hawk97

Post by Hawk97 »

Chuckles1188 wrote:
Fück off, Ginge.
Beaver_Shark

Post by Beaver_Shark »

tabascoboy wrote:

In that book they were reading it hinted that Dragonglass was regarded as a cure for a disease - which would most likely be Greyscale and a way to tie up two elements of the story in one go.

Very interesting :thumbup: :thumbup:
happyhooker

Post by happyhooker »

Chuckles1188 wrote:
Yes it (the UK, where this is roughly based) was a very white place. There were some black people here but they weren't statistically significant.
Don't be silly
True Blue

Post by True Blue »

danthefan wrote:
Chuckles1188 wrote:

Are you f**king serious?

Chuckles is the Uber SJW isn't he?
Hawk97

Post by Hawk97 »

True Blue wrote:
danthefan wrote:
Chuckles1188 wrote:

Are you f**king serious?

Chuckles is the Uber SJW isn't he?
At this point he's just trying to be offended.
ruckinhell

Post by ruckinhell »

Chuckles1188 wrote:
Logs into PR after long absence. Reads first thread. Sees this. Logs off. Despairs for humanity.
alliswell

Post by alliswell »

Beaver_Shark wrote:
tabascoboy wrote:

Very interesting :thumbup: :thumbup:
Might explain why Shireen never went full statue.
Hawk97

Post by Hawk97 »

Thought Samwell's scene in the Citadel was hilarious.
Hawk97

Post by Hawk97 »

By the way, "top knot" and Ed Sheeran. GOT is starting to embrace the hipster. :x
Chuckles1188

Post by Chuckles1188 »

danthefan wrote:
Chuckles1188 wrote:

Are you f**king serious?
Not the way DK was using that phrase
Chuckles1188

Post by Chuckles1188 »

There may never be anything funnier than people accusing me of trying to be offended while clutching their pearls because I took issue with DK pretending that there weren't any black people in Europe in the medieval period
alliswell

Post by alliswell »

Hawk97 wrote:By the way, "top knot" and Ed Sheeran. GOT is starting to embrace the hipster. :x
Ed Sheeran is about the least hipster musician there is. It doesn't get any more mainstream.
Hawk97

Post by Hawk97 »

Chuckles1188 wrote:There may never be anything funnier than people accusing me of trying to be offended while clutching their pearls because I took issue with DK pretending that there weren't any black people in Europe in the medieval period
Where's that?
Beaver_Shark

Post by Beaver_Shark »

Hawk97 wrote:Thought Samwell's scene in the Citadel was hilarious.
My fiancee was absolutely disgusted by the back-and-forth shots of runny shit and soup :lol: :lol:
DragonKhan

Post by DragonKhan »

Chuckles1188 wrote:There may never be anything funnier than people accusing me of trying to be offended while clutching their pearls because I took issue with DK pretending that there weren't any black people in Europe in the medieval period
When the fudge did I say that. Of course there was but they very a very tiny tiny minority. Jesus I have a f**king degree in Archaeology, I'm not some ignorant twat thinks Europe was 100% white during the medieval period
Hawk97

Post by Hawk97 »

DragonKhan wrote:
When the fudge did I say that. Of course there was but they very a very tiny tiny minority. Jesus I have a f**king degree in Archaeology, I'm not some ignorant twat thinks Europe was 100% white during the medieval period
Was probably something like 99.5% white...?
Chuckles1188

Post by Chuckles1188 »

DragonKhan wrote:
So why did you respond to a (factually incorrect) assertion that there are no black people in GoT by saying "Europe was really white"? The UK is really white, but black people still somehow manage to appear in media set here.

I should point out at this juncture that you have form for offering really stupid defences of race manipulation in media
Hawk97

Post by Hawk97 »

Really White vs No Black People....
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

Somebody must be having a really quiet Tuesday morning in work. :uhoh:
nardol

Post by nardol »

It was hilarious how much you got / have your knickers in a twist.

Are the moors in spain black?
Last edited by nardol on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
nardol

Post by nardol »

Chuckles1188 wrote:
DragonKhan wrote:
So why did you respond to a (factually incorrect) assertion that there are no black people in GoT by saying "Europe was really white"? The UK is really white, but black people still somehow manage to appear in media set here.

I should point out at this juncture that you have form for offering really stupid defences of race manipulation in media
Guardian bingo!
Hawk97

Post by Hawk97 »

You can always trust a SJW to derail something good :lol:
HighKingLeinster

Post by HighKingLeinster »

Chuckles living up to his Theon alterego of being a whiney bitch with no balls.
Chuckles1188

Post by Chuckles1188 »

nardol wrote:
It was hilarious how much you got / have your knickers in a twist.

Are the moors in spain black?
What exactly makes you think my knickers are twisted in any way whatsoever?