Chat Forum
It is currently Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:56 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17412 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 429, 430, 431, 432, 433, 434, 435, 436  Next
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 11:45 pm 

I find the Night King song very relaxing

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 12:08 am 

CrazyIslander wrote:
I find the Night King song very relaxing

i only liked it towards the ending

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 12:57 am 

comets wrote:
the ONE thing i'd really miss is the Title song.. one of the best yet and ppl have made versions of it.. pretty cool, love the guy on youtube who gave it a True Detective twist, there is also one with a lot of known metal musicians who made their version..a guy who looks kliek jon snow madea version too.. all were awesome

There a video out there with the composer, the guitarist from RATM, the guitarist from Extreme( I know, but he can play) and someone else I can’t remember but really should, and it’s mostly brilliant.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 1:00 am 

Mr. Very Popular wrote:
comets wrote:
the ONE thing i'd really miss is the Title song.. one of the best yet and ppl have made versions of it.. pretty cool, love the guy on youtube who gave it a True Detective twist, there is also one with a lot of known metal musicians who made their version..a guy who looks kliek jon snow madea version too.. all were awesome

There a video out there with the composer, the guitarist from RATM, the guitarist from Extreme( I know, but he can play) and someone else I can’t remember but really should, and it’s mostly brilliant.

Scott Ian from Anthrax isn't it?

edit: Yup, here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i0a7RDPkM8

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 1:04 am 

Mr. Very Popular wrote:
comets wrote:

yeha thats the one i was talking about, when Brad Paisley starts with his version, its farking awesome..damn wish i could do that .. :(

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 1:22 am 

Turbogoat wrote:
Mr. Very Popular wrote:
comets wrote:

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 1:31 am 

comets wrote:
a guy who looks kliek jon snow madea version too.. all were awesome

Joe George. Instrument reviewer for Reverb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-sINZi1nsc

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 5:55 am 

the game of thrones intro to the True Detective one is the other one....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR9PIUpPE6U

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 8:04 am 

Turbogoat wrote:
Mr. Very Popular wrote:
comets wrote:

That's class. :thumbup:

Lol, this pooped up in my suggestions after watching that.
https://youtu.be/wYoxNbQGS94

Supercut of the Hound insulting people. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 8:36 am 

Now that the show is finished the musical might get a bit more traction.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zs7xO5P3Az4

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 9:07 am 

comets wrote:
Mr. Very Popular wrote:
comets wrote:

yeha thats the one i was talking about, when Brad Paisley starts with his version, its farking awesome..damn wish i could do that .. :(

Yep. I did like Tom Morello’s too - a bit more distinctive and different to the rest.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:03 pm 

Words-per-minute across the entire series:

Wonder what the pairs-of-tits-per-episode graph would look like. It'd probably confirm the decline.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:09 pm 

JB1981 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:11 pm 

Turbogoat wrote:
Just in case this one hasn't been explained yet:

fudge thats gold!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:13 pm 

Quote:
Wonder what the pairs-of-tits-per-episode graph would look like. It'd probably confirm the decline.

Same as the GRRM vs Benioff/Weiss contributions you'd expect.

That said, would things have evened out if they'd budget early doors to show events rather than their aftermath: Battle of the Green Fork, Whispering Wood, Oxcross etc.

Kinda disappointing when all you get is 10 horseman clopping down a hill or the camera stay fixed out to sea when Renly says "Look brother; look how many trebuckets I have".

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 4:35 am 

Anyone else watch the documentary? I think Varys' reaction to getting killed was pretty much in line with all of the fans.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 4:38 am 

ElementFreak wrote:
Anyone else watch the documentary? I think Varys' reaction to getting killed was pretty much in line with all of the fans.

Maybe much later I will be bothered to, game of thrones out at this stage.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 4:48 am 

I only caught part of the doco last night...

The Waif, Jaqen H’ghar, and the Night King all on set when filming the final Dragonpit scene to quell spoilers...

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 5:09 am 

ElementFreak wrote:

I don’t think he was necessarily complaining?

Thought it was interesting that Jon only found out that he killed Dany at the table read, when she had clearly pre-read the scene and knew.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 5:17 am 

DOB wrote:
ElementFreak wrote:

I don’t think he was necessarily complaining?

Thought it was interesting that Jon only found out that he killed Dany at the table read, when she had clearly pre-read the scene and knew.

Yeah he apparently didn't read it before hand and they sat on the plane over together. Emilia Clarke told a story about the flight trying to ask him to read the script before so they could talk about it.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 5:58 am 

More of a classic take

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yydcG9woWA

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 9:58 am 

Turbogoat wrote:
comets wrote:

Music throughout the GoT has been a real highlight (sit down Mr Sheeran), that and the costuming have really set so much of the tone.

Preferred the bits without much costume myself ;)

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 12:03 pm 

Toulon's Not Toulouse wrote:

This needs to be overlayed with the IMDB rating for each episode. Any source on the graph and the raw data?

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 12:09 pm 

Nolanator wrote:
Toulon's Not Toulouse wrote:

This needs to be overlayed with the IMDB rating for each episode. Any source on the graph and the raw data?

Yes, below the graph itself. :o

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 12:28 pm 

Bah, I want a link I can click on.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 12:58 pm 

Nolanator wrote:

Typical millennial

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 1:00 pm 

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 1:01 pm 

Nolanator wrote:

There, let's call it part of my public service duties to a taxpayer:

Data source: https://opensubtitles.org
List of subtitle files and code to count words/plot: https://github.com/mrquart/got-wordcount

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 1:10 pm 

happyhooker wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

Typical millennial

:lol:

Reminds me in my early teaching career when lazy pupils would copy and paste and print out homework that included "click here" labels or randomly underlined words for the hyperlinks :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 7:01 pm 

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 9:47 pm 

lemonhead wrote:
Quote:

That said, would things have evened out if they'd budget early doors to show events rather than their aftermath: Battle of the Green Fork, Whispering Wood, Oxcross etc.

Kinda disappointing when all you get is 10 horseman clopping down a hill or the camera stay fixed out to sea when Renly says "Look brother; look how many trebuckets I have".

GRRM wrote dog shit (and dog rape) after the third book.
He's not some shining light of brilliant dialogue and prose.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 10:10 pm 

Remember early in season 6, when the show had properly overtaken the books, and it became clear D&D wouldn’t bother with Young Griff, and ditched Dorne as quick as possible, etc etc.

Everyone was telling us then how much better at storytelling D&D were, since they were cutting out all the unnecessary characters and moving people around quicker. Nobody’s saying that now.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 10:12 pm 

That season had The Door, probably the best and hardest hitting episode of the entire series.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 10:13 pm 

DOB wrote:
Remember early in season 6, when the show had properly overtaken the books, and it became clear D&D wouldn’t bother with Young Griff, and ditched Dorne as quick as possible, etc etc.

Everyone was telling us then how much better at storytelling D&D were, since they were cutting out all the unnecessary characters and moving people around quicker. Nobody’s saying that now.

And how are those books coming along?

To give D&D some faint praise, at least they realised Dorne was a pile of shite and wrapped it up pronto

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 11:14 pm 

DOB wrote:

The show was good in season 6, and 5.
Young Griff was an awful waste of time and it was transparent he was as you were reading it. Watching Tyrions river cruise and his turtle fetish and the repeated "Where do whores go" (giving shitty little catchphrases became a real staple in book 5) shite would've made for riviting tv I grant you. They were doing a decent job of editing things down prior to season 7/8 imo. Jon's LC plotline being a key example. It's superior to the books.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 11:15 pm 

Foot Up wrote:
DOB wrote:

To give D&D some faint praise, at least they realised Dorne was a pile of shite and wrapped it up pronto

They failed to polish the turd that was the sandsnakes, but at least the disdain with which Dorne was killed off was worth it

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 7:09 am 

Floppykid wrote:
lemonhead wrote:
Quote:

GRRM wrote dog shit (and dog rape) after the third book.
He's not some shining light of brilliant dialogue and prose.

Christ, even prior to that he'd some howlers. How many times is Gared unmanned by the dark in the prologue: three? Four? Stark children to a pup can't manage three paces without bursting into tears and running out the room, and that's before you start counting Tyrion's waddles.

But far easier editing words already on the page than writing your own.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 8:05 am 

He's different from Chapter to chapter. Ser Barristan is nice chapter in TWOW.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 9:31 am 

Just a thought, but you can probably remove the "spoilers" bit from the thread title :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 10:07 am 

Floppykid wrote:
Foot Up wrote:
DOB wrote:

They failed to polish the turd that was the sandsnakes, but at least the disdain with which Dorne was killed off was worth it

It's interesting; even in the books I never found the Sand Snakes, Arianne or Quentyn compelling characters at all; BUT Prince Doran Martell I found very interesting. Just the foil he provided for The Viper, and also the fact that he was actually playing The Game of Thrones, without the other lords even realising it; was an interesting twist when we were finally properly introduced to him. That was why I was disappointed in the way the show handled his character and subsequently killed him off. The Sand Snakes I didn't really give two shits about. Terrible characters in the books, and just window dressing for the show.

It's been well documented that logistics and travel times in the show don't mean shit; but that element in the books seem to be a little more consistent. I wouldn't be too surprised if the fact that the Dornish are Targyrian loyalists won't turn out to be more significant in the books. Sunspear seems to be a much more realistic beachhead for Dany's arriving army than Dragonstore which was used in the series.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17412 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 429, 430, 431, 432, 433, 434, 435, 436  Next