Chat Forum
It is currently Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:18 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17412 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 430, 431, 432, 433, 434, 435, 436  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 10:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4530
Location: Yarbles
Makes sense.

Stannis doesn't so much as leave a chip carton behind in the show whereas Dany would have to level the place with fire to set down.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 10:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:07 am
Posts: 2581
Location: Kirikiriroa
Blake wrote:
Floppykid wrote:
Foot Up wrote:
DOB wrote:
Remember early in season 6, when the show had properly overtaken the books, and it became clear D&D wouldn’t bother with Young Griff, and ditched Dorne as quick as possible, etc etc.

Everyone was telling us then how much better at storytelling D&D were, since they were cutting out all the unnecessary characters and moving people around quicker. Nobody’s saying that now.


And how are those books coming along?

To give D&D some faint praise, at least they realised Dorne was a pile of shite and wrapped it up pronto

They failed to polish the turd that was the sandsnakes, but at least the disdain with which Dorne was killed off was worth it



It's interesting; even in the books I never found the Sand Snakes, Arianne or Quentyn compelling characters at all; BUT Prince Doran Martell I found very interesting. Just the foil he provided for The Viper, and also the fact that he was actually playing The Game of Thrones, without the other lords even realising it; was an interesting twist when we were finally properly introduced to him. That was why I was disappointed in the way the show handled his character and subsequently killed him off. The Sand Snakes I didn't really give two shits about. Terrible characters in the books, and just window dressing for the show.

It's been well documented that logistics and travel times in the show don't mean shit; but that element in the books seem to be a little more consistent. I wouldn't be too surprised if the fact that the Dornish are Targyrian loyalists won't turn out to be more significant in the books. Sunspear seems to be a much more realistic beachhead for Dany's arriving army than Dragonstore which was used in the series.


yeah I found doran martell to be interesting as well as the viper, some of the minor bits about the other characters and lords and stories about their houses where good, its very well fleshed out, its just too many story lines, adding griff and other stuff was just too much.

I think the sand snakes were not done well in the show, was it for more girl power or more tits? We only got to see one of their tits, and not the moms tits either.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 10:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 37187
Location: Pigdogistan
Harden up!!! wrote:
and not the moms tits either.


Seen Rome?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 10:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:07 am
Posts: 2581
Location: Kirikiriroa
Nolanator wrote:
Harden up!!! wrote:
and not the moms tits either.


Seen Rome?


yeah but I wanted to see em again!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 10:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:14 am
Posts: 6829
Location: NZ
I've just watched the documentary. I guess we know what happened to Opie from Son's of Anarchy ... clearly a faked death and relocation to Belfast.

Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 11:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4616
Location: Cape Town
Harden up!!! wrote:
Blake wrote:
It's interesting; even in the books I never found the Sand Snakes, Arianne or Quentyn compelling characters at all; BUT Prince Doran Martell I found very interesting. Just the foil he provided for The Viper, and also the fact that he was actually playing The Game of Thrones, without the other lords even realising it; was an interesting twist when we were finally properly introduced to him. That was why I was disappointed in the way the show handled his character and subsequently killed him off. The Sand Snakes I didn't really give two shits about. Terrible characters in the books, and just window dressing for the show.

It's been well documented that logistics and travel times in the show don't mean shit; but that element in the books seem to be a little more consistent. I wouldn't be too surprised if the fact that the Dornish are Targyrian loyalists won't turn out to be more significant in the books. Sunspear seems to be a much more realistic beachhead for Dany's arriving army than Dragonstore which was used in the series.


yeah I found doran martell to be interesting as well as the viper, some of the minor bits about the other characters and lords and stories about their houses where good, its very well fleshed out, its just too many story lines, adding griff and other stuff was just too much.

I think the sand snakes were not done well in the show, was it for more girl power or more tits? We only got to see one of their tits, and not the moms tits either.


The Young Griff side-plot was quite bizarre. Not sure what the tangent is leading to, if anything. The only thing I can think of is that it will grant some significance to Varys' eventual defection to Dany, and him supporting her claim. Remember; young Griff has been Varys and Illyrio Mopatis' life's work. In the books Varys sent Tyrion with Griff and while on their way to Volantis he got kidnapped by Jorah. Tyrion wasn't on his way to Dany and Varys wasn't a supporter of her. His hand was forced introducing their Young Griff puppet into the game; before Dany arrived with her army; since he would ostensibly have a stronger claim if they could get him on the throne, thereby allowing the realm to avoid another war altogether.

But even if all this turns out to be the case, that's one hell of a detour for a very minor payoff.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 11:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:07 am
Posts: 2581
Location: Kirikiriroa
Blake wrote:
Harden up!!! wrote:
Blake wrote:
It's interesting; even in the books I never found the Sand Snakes, Arianne or Quentyn compelling characters at all; BUT Prince Doran Martell I found very interesting. Just the foil he provided for The Viper, and also the fact that he was actually playing The Game of Thrones, without the other lords even realising it; was an interesting twist when we were finally properly introduced to him. That was why I was disappointed in the way the show handled his character and subsequently killed him off. The Sand Snakes I didn't really give two shits about. Terrible characters in the books, and just window dressing for the show.

It's been well documented that logistics and travel times in the show don't mean shit; but that element in the books seem to be a little more consistent. I wouldn't be too surprised if the fact that the Dornish are Targyrian loyalists won't turn out to be more significant in the books. Sunspear seems to be a much more realistic beachhead for Dany's arriving army than Dragonstore which was used in the series.


yeah I found doran martell to be interesting as well as the viper, some of the minor bits about the other characters and lords and stories about their houses where good, its very well fleshed out, its just too many story lines, adding griff and other stuff was just too much.

I think the sand snakes were not done well in the show, was it for more girl power or more tits? We only got to see one of their tits, and not the moms tits either.


The Young Griff side-plot was quite bizarre. Not sure what the tangent is leading to, if anything. The only thing I can think of is that it will grant some significance to Varys' eventual defection to Dany, and him supporting her claim. Remember; young Griff has been Varys and Illyrio Mopatis' life's work. In the books Varys sent Tyrion with Griff and while on their way to Volantis he got kidnapped by Jorah. Tyrion wasn't on his way to Dany and Varys wasn't a supporter of her. His hand was forced introducing their Young Griff puppet into the game; before Dany arrived with her army; since he would ostensibly have a stronger claim if they could get him on the throne, thereby allowing the realm to avoid another war altogether.

But even if all this turns out to be the case, that's one hell of a detour for a very minor payoff.


he has contingencies on contingencies, problem with that is what if they clash? What if dany does not ally with him? And why not try and get them to work together?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 11:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4530
Location: Yarbles
Nolanator wrote:
Harden up!!! wrote:
and not the moms tits either.


Seen Rome?


Fark, remember now.

They should've just left Lucius behind in the lingerie section, feckin idiot.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 12:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:04 am
Posts: 9478
JB1981 wrote:
I've just watched the documentary. I guess we know what happened to Opie from Son's of Anarchy ... clearly a faked death and relocation to Belfast.

Image

Image


thats Andrew McClay, aka Ser LongBeard


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 12:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10801
Location: 曇りの街
There are still people apparently convinced that the Bran as King ending was purely a show invention. Isaac Hempstead Wright says otherwise

Quote:
“[Showrunners] David [Benioff] and Dan [Weiss] told me there were two things [author] George R.R. Martin had planned for Bran, and that was the Hodor revelation, and that he would be king. So that’s pretty special to be directly involved in something that is part of George’s vision. It was a really nice way to wrap it up.”


http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/prod ... -interview

meanwhile Elio and Lindaaaaaaaaaa of westeros.org are still in denial

Quote:
Elio/Linda posted a video last night before this interview was published stating that they had doubts that Bran would be king and that ‘if’ it was Martin’s intention then he’d have to do a serious time jump to get there given how young he is in the books.



Last edited by tabascoboy on Thu May 30, 2019 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 12:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 29044
Location: SOB>Todd
tabascoboy wrote:
There are still people apparently convinced that the Bran as King ending was purely a show invention. Isaac Hempstead Wright says otherwise

Quote:
“[Showrunners] David [Benioff] and Dan [Weiss] told me there were two things [author] George R.R. Martin had planned for Bran, and that was the Hodor revelation, and that he would be king. So that’s pretty special to be directly involved in something that is part of George’s vision. It was a really nice way to wrap it up.”


http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/prod ... -interview

GRRM fanboyism and revisionism has become the cool thing again since S8 was such a stinker,


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 1:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6070
Location: Vandean Coast
Isn't he currently about 10 or 11 in the books?

He may turn out to be king in the books but I imagine GRRM will write him a decent story first.

The show's failing was that it came out of nothing and all the hard work done by the story to develop other legit contenders in the previous 7 seasons was completely sidelined. It made what should be the climax of a character's story incredibly unsatisfying. Remember this was a character that had so little story in the show that they left him out for an entire season and no one missed him.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 2:13 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 28255
deadduck wrote:
Isn't he currently about 10 or 11 in the books?

He may turn out to be king in the books but I imagine GRRM will write him a decent story first.

The show's failing was that it came out of nothing and all the hard work done by the story to develop other legit contenders in the previous 7 seasons was completely sidelined. It made what should be the climax of a character's story incredibly unsatisfying. Remember this was a character that had so little story in the show that they left him out for an entire season and no one missed him.


It's bad enough Bran's story was so an afterthought he was not even included in season 5.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 2:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21421
Do you think King Bran would warg into a chimp or a horse when he wants to shag ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 3:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3121
backrow wrote:
Do you think King Bran would warg into a chimp or a horse when he wants to shag ?


Tyrion “The Hand” Lannister probably hopes he would.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 12:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19929
deadduck wrote:
Isn't he currently about 10 or 11 in the books?

He may turn out to be king in the books but I imagine GRRM will write him a decent story first.

The show's failing was that it came out of nothing and all the hard work done by the story to develop other legit contenders in the previous 7 seasons was completely sidelined. It made what should be the climax of a character's story incredibly unsatisfying. Remember this was a character that had so little story in the show that they left him out for an entire season and no one missed him.

You could write Jon out of the reckoning easily enough. Realm has had enough of mad Targs, etc, etc so exile or execution the only viable options. Shame the show didn't bother to invest in it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 12:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17493
Ewinkum wrote:
backrow wrote:
Do you think King Bran would warg into a chimp or a horse when he wants to shag ?


Tyrion “The Hand” Lannister probably hopes he would.


Some interesting foreshadowing from the first series...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WawVLChRYzg


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 1:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5365
Location: Straya cunt
tabascoboy wrote:
There are still people apparently convinced that the Bran as King ending was purely a show invention. Isaac Hempstead Wright says otherwise

Quote:
“[Showrunners] David [Benioff] and Dan [Weiss] told me there were two things [author] George R.R. Martin had planned for Bran, and that was the Hodor revelation, and that he would be king. So that’s pretty special to be directly involved in something that is part of George’s vision. It was a really nice way to wrap it up.”


http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/prod ... -interview

meanwhile Elio and Lindaaaaaaaaaa of westeros.org are still in denial

Quote:
Elio/Linda posted a video last night before this interview was published stating that they had doubts that Bran would be king and that ‘if’ it was Martin’s intention then he’d have to do a serious time jump to get there given how young he is in the books.




Because it's not like there were two other child kings in the books...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 4:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7755
Slim 293 wrote:
tabascoboy wrote:
There are still people apparently convinced that the Bran as King ending was purely a show invention. Isaac Hempstead Wright says otherwise

Quote:
“[Showrunners] David [Benioff] and Dan [Weiss] told me there were two things [author] George R.R. Martin had planned for Bran, and that was the Hodor revelation, and that he would be king. So that’s pretty special to be directly involved in something that is part of George’s vision. It was a really nice way to wrap it up.”


http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/prod ... -interview

meanwhile Elio and Lindaaaaaaaaaa of westeros.org are still in denial

Quote:
Elio/Linda posted a video last night before this interview was published stating that they had doubts that Bran would be king and that ‘if’ it was Martin’s intention then he’d have to do a serious time jump to get there given how young he is in the books.




Because it's not like there were two other child kings in the books...


Pretty sure he also had a 5 year time jump planned but then decided not to do it. So therefore Bran would have been 15/16 at the end of the time jump.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 4:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17493
Slim 293 wrote:
tabascoboy wrote:
There are still people apparently convinced that the Bran as King ending was purely a show invention. Isaac Hempstead Wright says otherwise

Quote:
“[Showrunners] David [Benioff] and Dan [Weiss] told me there were two things [author] George R.R. Martin had planned for Bran, and that was the Hodor revelation, and that he would be king. So that’s pretty special to be directly involved in something that is part of George’s vision. It was a really nice way to wrap it up.”


http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/prod ... -interview

meanwhile Elio and Lindaaaaaaaaaa of westeros.org are still in denial

Quote:
Elio/Linda posted a video last night before this interview was published stating that they had doubts that Bran would be king and that ‘if’ it was Martin’s intention then he’d have to do a serious time jump to get there given how young he is in the books.






Because it's not like there were two other child kings in the books...


Yeah, but they were child kings through succession. If it plays out like the show finale did, it's a bit different for people to choose a kid with no actual claim to the throne (especially given those other two child kings were both a bit shit at it). That said, I expect the books will provide Bran with an actual storyline.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 8:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am
Posts: 18536
A Song of VanillaIce and Fire
https://youtu.be/nws1JQHBlJA

:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 8:45 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17406
Uncle Fester wrote:
deadduck wrote:
Isn't he currently about 10 or 11 in the books?

He may turn out to be king in the books but I imagine GRRM will write him a decent story first.

The show's failing was that it came out of nothing and all the hard work done by the story to develop other legit contenders in the previous 7 seasons was completely sidelined. It made what should be the climax of a character's story incredibly unsatisfying. Remember this was a character that had so little story in the show that they left him out for an entire season and no one missed him.

You could write Jon out of the reckoning easily enough. Realm has had enough of mad Targs, etc, etc so exile or execution the only viable options. Shame the show didn't bother to invest in it.


Yes, I think I made this point a while back.

If you are going to bring him back from the dead just to make sure he doesn't break his vows, it seems anti-climactic that he ends up back at the Wall. So what did he get resurrected for? It seems a bit gratuitous that it was just so that he could shag his Auntie.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 9:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8107
I suspect the ages of the characters with respect to his end game is what's preventing him from completing the novels. He talked about "The Merenese" knot being the problem, but Bran becoming King would require a shite-load of work given where he is at the moment and what we know is going to happen to him thanks to the show. It doesn't bode well for the books either, what with his storyline having been as boring as fuck lately.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 9:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4572
Location: Gaillimh
CrazyIslander wrote:
A Song of VanillaIce and Fire
https://youtu.be/nws1JQHBlJA

:lol:


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 9:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10801
Location: 曇りの街
Yes it all seems to go back to the infamous abandonment of the 5 year time jump that lead to discarding a long draft and all the extra work and apparent bloat in creating the last two books. Now he's stuck with trying to account for all the stories and development of the younger characters while they age up to where they need to be, while also needing to tell us what the older characters are doing in the meantime.

It's really hard to see this all coming to an end in two books and 3 000 pages.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 3:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:07 am
Posts: 2581
Location: Kirikiriroa
backrow wrote:
Do you think King Bran would warg into a chimp or a horse when he wants to shag ?


he could warg into a simpleton like hordor I guess, if hes really good maybe he could warge into multiple beings at the same time and have an orgy all by himself? There are wargs with multiple animals. Didn't he warge into multiple ravens/crows in the show?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 3:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:07 am
Posts: 2581
Location: Kirikiriroa
CrazyIslander wrote:
A Song of VanillaIce and Fire
https://youtu.be/nws1JQHBlJA

:lol:



More thought went into this than season 8.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:04 am
Posts: 9478
Toulon's Not Toulouse wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
A Song of VanillaIce and Fire
https://youtu.be/nws1JQHBlJA

:lol:


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


HODOR, HODOR!!..


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:33 pm
Posts: 2533
CrazyIslander wrote:
A Song of VanillaIce and Fire
https://youtu.be/nws1JQHBlJA

:lol:

Wow I'm impressed.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6437
Season 8 pitch meeting, very funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAhKOV3nImQ


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:28 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 28255
Boobs not Moobs wrote:
Season 8 pitch meeting, very funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAhKOV3nImQ


Documentary like :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am
Posts: 18536
Yeah. Could've done with a 10 episode season. Exact storyline.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 9:28 am
Posts: 643
Hodor


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10801
Location: 曇りの街
GRRM still working on TWoW ( s...l...o...w...l...y ) and now the show is over he feels less pressure to finish :roll:


Quote:
Game of Thrones fans obviously had a lot of strong feelings about the plot twists in the show’s final season — at least some of which were inspired by saga author George R.R. Martin.

But Martin says none of the outspoken reactions, positive or negative, will change anything he has planned for his final two A Song of Ice and Fire novels (though the author admits there can be a certain degree of temptation to do so).

“The internet affects all this to a degree it was never affected before,” Martin tells EW when asked about fan reaction to the final season. “Like Jon Snow’s parentage. There were early hints about [who Snow’s parents were] in the books, but only one reader in 100 put it together. And before the internet that was fine — for 99 readers out of 100 when Jon Snow’s parentage gets revealed it would be, ‘Oh, that’s a great twist!’ But in the age of the internet, even if only one person in 100 figures it out then that one person posts it online and the other 99 people read it and go, ‘Oh, that makes sense.’ Suddenly the twist you’re building towards is out there. And there is a temptation to then change it [in the upcoming books] — ‘Oh my god, it’s screwed up, I have to come up with something different.’ But that’s wrong. Because you’ve been planning for a certain ending and if you suddenly change direction just because somebody figured it out, or because they don’t like it, then it screws up the whole structure. So no, I don’t read the fan sites. I want to write the book I’ve always intended to write all along. And when it comes out they can like it or they can not like it.”

Martin added that watching the recent GoT final season was a bit of a strange experience given the different version he’s still writing. “The whole last three years have been strange since the show got ahead of the books,” he says. “Yes, I told [showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss] a number of things years ago. And some of them they did do. But at the same time, it’s different. I have very fixed ideas in my head as I’m writing The Winds of Winter and beyond that in terms of where things are going. It’s like two alternate realities existing side by side. I have to double down and do my version of it which is what I’ve been doing.”

Asked if he feels more pressure or less now that the HBO series has concluded, Martin explained that the pressure already peaked for him a few years ago.

“I felt a tremendous amount of pressure for years now,” he says. “The most pressure I felt was a few years ago when I was desperately trying to stay ahead of the show. There was a point when the show was coming out in April and my editors said if I could finish the book by December they’d rush it out. And the pressure I felt that fall was the greatest pressure I’ve ever felt and then at a certain point it became apparent I’m not going to finish it by then. I don’t only want to finish it, I want to make it as good as I possibly can. Since then there’s been pressure but not like there was at that point. There’s no longer a race. The show is over. I’m writing the book. It will be done when it’s done.”


https://ew.com/tv/2019/07/15/george-rr- ... reactions/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8851
Location: Sydney Town
CrazyIslander wrote:
A Song of VanillaIce and Fire
https://youtu.be/nws1JQHBlJA

:lol:

:lol:
That is very well done. They must have some kind of software that finds the words. I cannot believe someone would sit there and do this manually. They'd grow old and die of boredom.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17950
Auckman wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
A Song of VanillaIce and Fire
https://youtu.be/nws1JQHBlJA

:lol:

:lol:
That is very well done. They must have some kind of software that finds the words. I cannot believe someone would sit there and do this manually. They'd grow old and die of boredom.

Well people have read the entirety of Dance with Dragons, so it’s possible that those people do exist.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4572
Location: Gaillimh
Auckman wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
A Song of VanillaIce and Fire
https://youtu.be/nws1JQHBlJA

:lol:

:lol:
That is very well done. They must have some kind of software that finds the words. I cannot believe someone would sit there and do this manually. They'd grow old and die of boredom.


1. Open the captions file
2. Press Ctrl-F
3. Type words


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10801
Location: 曇りの街
Nope he still hasn't gotten anywhere near finishing TWoW by the sounds of it...

Quote:
"...a good day for me is three or four pages...But having the show finish is freeing, because I’m at my own pace now."

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2019/ ... n-pace-now


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:45 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 28255
tabascoboy wrote:
Nope he still hasn't gotten anywhere near finishing TWoW by the sounds of it...

Quote:
"...a good day for me is three or four pages...But having the show finish is freeing, because I’m at my own pace now."

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2019/ ... n-pace-now



Sadly I think we've all either given-up or been put off by the show's ending.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10801
Location: 曇りの街
I still want the books, I'm struggling to find other things I want to read. I think a 2020 release is feasible but not until the 2nd half of the year now :(


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17412 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 430, 431, 432, 433, 434, 435, 436  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bert, BillW, booze, eldanielfire, Fangle, FujiKiwi, hermie, Mr Mike, Mullet 2, nardol, Rinkals, World Class Phil, YOYO and 56 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group