Game of Thrones - Books/TV (Full of spoilers mark nothing)

All things Rugby
Ulsters Red Hand

Re: Game of Thrones - Books/TV (Full of spoilers mark nothin

Post by Ulsters Red Hand »

Yeah it will be the Christopher, JRR Tolkien thing. The best thing is, whatever is published will still be better than the show :nod:
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Floppykid wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
crash 669 wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
Floppykid wrote:The whole thing should've been 3 - 5 books at most.
He lost interest and direction after the third book/red wedding.
The problem always was the holding pattern until he could contrive the final battles : Arya wandering around Westoros and then onto Braavos. Daenarys wandering around the free cities etc.etc Brandon becoming a tree and then returning .
From the books I'd asumed he was staying in the far north. The ability to see through the Wierwoods and the importance of the isle of faces were played up in such a way as to suggest this was how Bran would interact with the world.

But then of course once the show's teleporters got invented all that went out of the window.

Yeah, I'd like to know how those are important. The show ignored them and crapped on Bran's arc anyway, just like the crapped on the white walker threat.
The white walker thread did turn out to be a load of horseshit, and I actually was one of the few that really enjoyed Bran's ADWD plot.
But I think ultimately GRRM inteded to go / end the same with the WW.
GRRM cleraly hints and intents at a more complicated relationship with the WWs. As far as various tid bits suggest, The Show Runners decided Arya would kill the Knight King, who has no equivalent in the book and thus the book's WWs can't end the same way. Also can you really imagine GRRM end the threat of winter with such a deux ex machina?
Jim Lahey

Post by Jim Lahey »

I’ve held off watching the shows waiting for the fat f**k to finish the books for so long now I can’t remember most of what happened in the last book. Some bad kunts picked up Daenarys at the end didn’t they?
Boobs not Moobs

Post by Boobs not Moobs »

Jim Lahey wrote:I’ve held off watching the shows waiting for the fat f**k to finish the books for so long now I can’t remember most of what happened in the last book. Some bad kunts picked up Daenarys at the end didn’t they?
I've no idea, I read it in 2011 :lol: I think Lady Stoneheart had something to do with it, Dany story got hugely boring in the books.
DOB

Post by DOB »

Jim Lahey wrote:I’ve held off watching the shows waiting for the fat f**k to finish the books for so long now I can’t remember most of what happened in the last book. Some bad kunts picked up Daenarys at the end didn’t they?
Dany got picked up by a rival Khalasar, and Brienne was last seen dangling from a noose with Lady Stoneheart pointing at her accusingly.

I think.
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

The books aren't going to get finished.
Just watch the TV show.
JM2K6

Post by JM2K6 »

Boobs not Moobs wrote:
I've no idea, I read it in 2011 :lol: I think Lady Stoneheart had something to do with it, Dany story got hugely boring in the books.
In the books???
HighKingLeinster

Post by HighKingLeinster »

JM2K6 wrote:
Boobs not Moobs wrote:
In the books???
At least you could see her tits in the show rather than some weird description of "her perksome chest heaved like a well cooked lamprey pie"
FullbackAce

Post by FullbackAce »

HighKingLeinster wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:
Boobs not Moobs wrote:
In the books???
At least you could see her tits in the show rather than some weird description of "her perksome chest heaved like a well cooked lamprey pie"
:lol: :lol: Yes those are a bit cringy.

The guy is obviously not writing WW much. Since he said he'd started writing it if he had averaged a page per day he'd have 3k pages written by now. But in that time he released what, 3 books? That Fire and blood is proper humongous as well. I also barely remember most of what happened. There was so much convoluted shit going on and my memory isn't what it used to be 5-6 years ago.
tabascoboy

Post by tabascoboy »

From GRRMs blog
If nothing else, the enforced isolation has helped me write. I am spending long hours every day on THE WINDS OF WINTER, and making steady progress. I finished a new chapter yesterday, another one three days ago, another one the previous week. But no, this does not mean that the book will be finished tomorrow or published next week. It’s going to be a huge book, and I still have a long way to go.
Makes you wonder if without lockdown he'd have actually worked on the book at all...
Yer Man

Post by Yer Man »

tabascoboy wrote:From GRRMs blog
If nothing else, the enforced isolation has helped me write. I am spending long hours every day on THE WINDS OF WINTER, and making steady progress. I finished a new chapter yesterday, another one three days ago, another one the previous week. But no, this does not mean that the book will be finished tomorrow or published next week. It’s going to be a huge book, and I still have a long way to go.
Makes you wonder if without lockdown he'd have actually worked on the book at all...
Maybe he's been using lockdown to try out some of the foods he's written about and realised - "this is shit, I need to write narrative instead"
anonymous_joe

Post by anonymous_joe »

Fire and Blood was pretty damn good.