Chat Forum
It is currently Sat May 30, 2020 10:37 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7771 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195  Next
 Post subject: Re: Game Reviews
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 2:58 pm 

Landed around military base or the dam in the few rounds we played. They were far-ish from the path of the plane at the start, so were quiet. Still enough buildings to loot, although clearly not as much as in the built-up areas.
Still got into a bit of a scrap when we landed. Somehow I managed to kill two guys with a frezied combo of pistol and punching. Won my gulag with the jammiest swan dive shotgun shot.

AJ, found that ruined prison with the vampire/bruxa that you mentioned. Wasn't falling for the apparentky peaceful hooded woman trick again. Stocked up on Black Blood and Swallow, so my health regenerated and every time she damaged me, it hurt her. I barely landed a hit on her. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 3:00 pm 

Yeah the Dam is a good spot and there's enough houses around to go and loot. Apparently they are releasing a new map and getting rid of the dam so that it's burst, effectively just having a massive river.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 5:11 pm 

Nolanator wrote:
Landed around military base or the dam in the few rounds we played. They were far-ish from the path of the plane at the start, so were quiet. Still enough buildings to loot, although clearly not as much as in the built-up areas.
Still got into a bit of a scrap when we landed. Somehow I managed to kill two guys with a frezied combo of pistol and punching. Won my gulag with the jammiest swan dive shotgun shot.

AJ, found that ruined prison with the vampire/bruxa that you mentioned. Wasn't falling for the apparentky peaceful hooded woman trick again. Stocked up on Black Blood and Swallow, so my health regenerated and every time she damaged me, it hurt her. I barely landed a hit on her. :lol:

Once bitten, twice shy. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 10:00 am 

Obvious question but on PS4 if you have a game on your hard drive, have played it a bit but you are ok to delete it,
A. What happens to your save games, positions, unlocks , team etc
B. In the future if you want to reinstall it, does the PlayStation know you have already bought it?

Some games I have a disk for, others were just downloaded

I don’t mind zapping games for now but kind of want the option of coming back in the future , and don’t mind waiting an hour to re download them or whatever.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 10:06 am 

Make sure your save game files are backed up online with PS Plus. You can also back up a physical copy on a USB flash drive is you want.

The Store knows what games you've previously purchased. I just reinstalled a bunch that I'd deleted.

https://manuals.playstation.net/documen ... ystem.html

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 10:16 am 

Nolanator wrote:
Make sure your save game files are backed up online with PS Plus. You can also back up a physical copy on a USB flash drive is you want.

The Store knows what games you've previously purchased. I just reinstalled a bunch that I'd deleted.

https://manuals.playstation.net/documen ... ystem.html

Ta
Do I already have ps plus ? Is that the 49.99 thing I pay each year to play online games with my good close chums whom I’ve met loads in real life ?

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 10:21 am 

Yep! You may even already have the data backed up online. When I went to do it before replacing my hard drive, it was already there.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 10:51 am 

Nolanator wrote:
While you're plugging gears, I should plug the Witcher 3 again. It's stunning.

Blood and Wine could be a standalone game in its own right, I've been enjoying Toussaint a lot. You can tell that they spent a good bit of time on it by little differences. The animation that plays when you liberate an abandoned site is just that bit more detailed. All the new monsters are fun, although giant centipedes are a pain in the hole.

Nearly jumped off my seat with the most obvious jump scare that still got me. Random guarded treasue location with no monsters around, just a silent woman standing outside in a hooded robe. Pretty clearly going to go bad. As soon as you take the treasure she throws the robe off and attacks you, she's some rapid teleporting vampire. The screeching and sudden change of music were effective.

After running randomly around the map doing all the side quests and picking up nice gear, I finally got back to main quests last night. Am too high level to get much experience from them though.

The alchemy quest was a complete waste of time. :x

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 10:57 am 

I just consider those quests as colour that add to the overall picture, even if they do nothing for the story or your skills.

Who did you choose to lead Skellige?

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 10:59 am 

Nolanator wrote:
I just consider those quests as colour that add to the overall picture, even if they do nothing for the story or your skills.

Yer wan.
No ride off her though. Ungrateful bitch.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 11:04 am 

Uncle Fester wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

Yer wan.

:lol:
I see our decision making criteria were somewhat similar!

The guy is too hot headed though. Great in the heat of battle, be no use at long term planning and running the place.

Have you discovered the woman on the south eastern Island who challenges you to a fight? Best a few guys and her and she'll put up with you for a night.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 11:09 am 

Nolanator wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

Yer wan.

:lol:
I see our decision making criteria were somewhat similar!

The guy is too hot headed though. Great in the heat of battle, be no use at long term planning and running the place.

Have you discovered the woman on the south eastern Island who challenges you to a fight? Best a few guys and her and she'll put up with you for a night.

It's possible that I may have encountered her but don't tell Yen (or Triss).

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 11:12 am 

Uncle Fester wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

Blood and Wine could be a standalone game in its own right, I've been enjoying Toussaint a lot. You can tell that they spent a good bit of time on it by little differences. The animation that plays when you liberate an abandoned site is just that bit more detailed. All the new monsters are fun, although giant centipedes are a pain in the hole.

Nearly jumped off my seat with the most obvious jump scare that still got me. Random guarded treasue location with no monsters around, just a silent woman standing outside in a hooded robe. Pretty clearly going to go bad. As soon as you take the treasure she throws the robe off and attacks you, she's some rapid teleporting vampire. The screeching and sudden change of music were effective.

After running randomly around the map doing all the side quests and picking up nice gear, I finally got back to main quests last night. Am too high level to get much experience from them though.

You can enable an option to have all lower level enemies levelled up to match you.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 11:12 am 

I also didn't tell Yen. I also didn't tell her about the magical evening spent accompanying Shani to a wedding.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 11:16 am 

Shani easily my favourite. More fun, less baggage.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 11:17 am 

anonymous_joe wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

You can enable an option to have all lower level enemies levelled up to match you.

Do you get more experience from it?

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 11:18 am 

So who let Triss be tortured and who intervened?

I went torture. Not one to disobey a direct instruction.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 11:18 am 

You do from the enemies you kill, although you still don't get the full whack from the quests.

But it's better than nothing.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 12:06 pm 

Margin_Walker wrote:

Same. I just did as she told me. Somehow this lead to me being all the info I needed from the witch Hunter leader without raising suspicions.
I read afterwards that it can go very differently if you choose other avenues.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 12:08 pm 

anonymous_joe wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

Which is fine until you run in to a pack of dogs and you are screwed.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 12:11 pm 

Nolanator wrote:
Margin_Walker wrote:

Same. I just did as she told me. Somehow this lead to me being all the info I needed from the witch Hunter leader without raising suspicions.
I read afterwards that it can go very differently if you choose other avenues.

I tried Axii. There was some blood spilled.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 12:20 pm 

dinsdale wrote:
anonymous_joe wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

Which is fine until you run in to a pack of dogs and you are screwed.

Or wolves. They're unbelievably dangerous. :lol:

It's possible to let her get tortured and then waste the opportunity by asking about Dijkstra's money, which properly pisses her off.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 12:21 pm 

Think I tried to play along but ended up fighting anyway.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 1:00 pm 

Some of the stories in the hidden treasure side quests would make decent stories in their own right. Usually something brutally depressing or horror. That ruined castle east of Velen had a story about a girl being marked by a Leshen and it killing everyone as they try to escape. One of the Toissaint ones details a fallen knight who's become a vagabond who partakes in the murder of a family where they rape his wife, mutilate his son, and then torture and hang the husband. :uhoh:

Usually these end with the perpetrators meeting a grisly end and Geraldt wanders by, kills a ghost, and takes the treasure, but there are some properly intriguing tales, if you care to pay attention.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 5:52 pm 

It's a grim enough world. Polish views of history and medievalism are a touch bleaker than the cod-Victorian shite and Celtic revivalism we have.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 6:04 pm 

Actually, while on the topic of TW3, what's the best way to sell valuables and earn as much money as possible?
I've a heap a jewellery with precious stones etc. Just sell them at a decent vendor, or break then down into components first and then sell?

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 7:41 pm 

I didn't pay attention to anything other than sell armour to armourers and swords to blacksmiths...

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 8:59 pm 

Nolanator wrote:
Actually, while on the topic of TW3, what's the best way to sell valuables and earn as much money as possible?
I've a heap a jewellery with precious stones etc. Just sell them at a decent vendor, or break then down into components first and then sell?

Are you lacking money?

I never got into much crafting (other than my chosen witcher gear) or dismantling. I did have a stash mod installed so I had permanent access to my stash out and about and in vendors so it made inventory management far easier.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 9:11 pm 

No I'm absolutely loaded. :lol:

Cleared out a couple of those massive bandit camps which give rich pickings for dropped weapons to sell on. Especially considering one group got their signal for reinforcements up. Twice as many baddies to massacre. :nod:

Bit disappointed with the grandmaster armour. Some local outfits are much better, but I kinda want to wear the Witcher gear.
The armour stands in the house are cool. Show off some nice sets.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 9:26 pm 

Nolanator wrote:
No I'm absolutely loaded. :lol:

Cleared out a couple of those massive bandit camps which give rich pickings for dropped weapons to sell on. Especially considering one group got their signal for reinforcements up. Twice as many baddies to massacre. :nod:

Bit disappointed with the grandmaster armour. Some local outfits are much better, but I kinda want to wear the Witcher gear.
The armour stands in the house are cool. Show off some nice sets.

It feels wrong not to wear witcher gear but know what you mean.

And if you're not lacking money don't bother stressing. Says the person who still couldn't help stripping every body even though there was absolutely no need to!

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 9:41 pm 

Finding heavy armour that you don't want is a great source of raw materials for crafting stuff you do want. Draconid leather, dark steel etc.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 9:55 pm 

Nolanator wrote:
Finding heavy armour that you don't want is a great source of raw materials for crafting stuff you do want. Draconid leather, dark steel etc.

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 11:16 pm 

Finished second and fourth in two warzones tonight, think thats the highest we’ve ever got. The one we came second it was a 2v1 against someone else and he still won :lol: :blush:

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 11:22 pm 

Ouch. I managed to lose a pistol versus assault rifle 1v1, and I had the AR. Bit of ring around the Rosie and he got the better of me.

I don't like how weapons reload. It seems to get interrupted by a almost any kind of movement. I've just a couple of frantic fights because of empty clips.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 11:44 pm 

Yeah i’m with you on that. Some pistols or handguns don’t even reload after a while. In the main game modes there’s times when it’s easier to die and respawn than attempt to reload. Using an RPG, for example. Any movement during reload and you have to start from scratch.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 11:24 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glpwk-DmiuQ&feature=emb_title

Pretty excited about this one. https://www.theverge.com/2020/5/12/21254430/tony-hawk-pro-skater-remaster-ps4-xbox-one-pc-release-date

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 11:47 am 

Nolanator wrote:

Sell swords.

Breaking down shells for pearls is modestly successful. Some other goods can be profitable.

But mostly just pick up and sell swords to blacksmiths.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 11:52 am 

The Mafia trilogy is getting remaster and released on Xbox, PS4 and PC. Think Mafia 2 is coming this week. Only ever played the third one, but enjoyed it well enough.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 12:22 pm 

The first Mafia game is still the best by far, 2 was ok, 3 meh

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 12:32 pm 

anonymous_joe wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

Sell swords.

Breaking down shells for pearls is modestly successful. Some other goods can be profitable.

But mostly just pick up and sell swords to blacksmiths.

I compulsively collect the swords from anyone I kill and sell them on. I've got a giant bed of cash.
I also have a heap of jewellery from robbing every grave I see, so was wondering if it's better value to break them into components, or just sell them.

I plan on crafting every grandmaster armour/weapon set out of OCD, so I'll need a fuckton of cash.

ElementFreak wrote:

I'll play the shit out of that. :thumbup:
Very fond memories of THPS2. Hopefully they can get most of the soundtrack back. That formed a significant part of broadening my music horizons as a young teenager. My dad used to run "music education" sessions on weekends, where he'd make me listen to all the music of his youth, but I wouldn't have got exposure to RAtM etc.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7771 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195  Next