Chat Forum
It is currently Sat May 30, 2020 10:06 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7771 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195  Next
 Post subject: Re: Game Reviews
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 4:01 pm 

GTA V free on Epic Store for those who don't have it

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 5:07 pm 

Akkerman wrote:
GTA V free on Epic Store for those who don't have it

Their launcher is seriously creaking because of it. Still, the last GTA I played was in fact GTA, so this might be amusing.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 5:32 pm 

Nolanator wrote:
No I'm absolutely loaded. :lol:

Cleared out a couple of those massive bandit camps which give rich pickings for dropped weapons to sell on. Especially considering one group got their signal for reinforcements up. Twice as many baddies to massacre. :nod:

Bit disappointed with the grandmaster armour. Some local outfits are much better, but I kinda want to wear the Witcher gear.
The armour stands in the house are cool. Show off some nice sets.

The Grandmaster Ursine heavy armour with the rune that turns it in to light armour has worked well for me although I wear something else in Toussaint as it looks too warm for it.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 5:33 pm 

:lol:

That's some serious dedication to the role playing! I just wear whatever maxes my stats.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 6:07 pm 

Akkerman wrote:
The first Mafia game is still the best by far, 2 was ok, 3 meh
only played the first one, well over a decade ago, and it was decent. Though from memory it was an absolute grind to have to drive around town at 20mph observing the highway code or risk the wrath of the Police - even 'realistic' GTA is a lot more lenient than that

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 6:48 pm 

Nolanator wrote:
anonymous_joe wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
Actually, while on the topic of TW3, what's the best way to sell valuables and earn as much money as possible?
I've a heap a jewellery with precious stones etc. Just sell them at a decent vendor, or break then down into components first and then sell?

Sell swords.

Breaking down shells for pearls is modestly successful. Some other goods can be profitable.

But mostly just pick up and sell swords to blacksmiths.

I compulsively collect the swords from anyone I kill and sell them on. I've got a giant bed of cash.
I also have a heap of jewellery from robbing every grave I see, so was wondering if it's better value to break them into components, or just sell them.

I plan on crafting every grandmaster armour/weapon set out of OCD, so I'll need a fuckton of cash.

ElementFreak wrote:

I'll play the shit out of that. :thumbup:
Very fond memories of THPS2. Hopefully they can get most of the soundtrack back. That formed a significant part of broadening my music horizons as a young teenager. My dad used to run "music education" sessions on weekends, where he'd make me listen to all the music of his youth, but I wouldn't have got exposure to RAtM etc.

Bahaha I just pictured sitting my future kids down and making them listen to Hit me baby one more time :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 12:31 am 

Nolanator wrote:

ElementFreak wrote:

Very fond memories of THPS2. Hopefully they can get most of the soundtrack back. That formed a significant part of broadening my music horizons as a young teenager. My dad used to run "music education" sessions on weekends, where he'd make me listen to all the music of his youth, but I wouldn't have got exposure to RAtM etc.

Apparently they are only missing a couple of the songs, but most are back.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 8:07 am 

Dead Kennedy’s - Police Truck :thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 9:32 am 

Nolanator wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:
danthefan wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
Anyone here ever replaced the HD in their PS4? Think I might have to. I rarely buy physical games these days and downloading them take so much disk space.
To install the Witcher 3 I had to delete a few things, including BF4. Tried to download Warzone and it's saying I need another 7GB, despite there being about 100 free.
I'm not arsed deleting and reinstalling game files depending on what I'm playing.

Current disk is 500GB, figure 2TB would be best. Does SSD make an appreciable difference to gameplay, or is it more about loading the game up in the first place, rather than speed of loading assets in-game?

I don't think the SSD will do anything for gameplay. It might speed up loading, the console waking up/going to sleep, that sort of stuff. Games would have to be designed to take advantage of an SSD, which you can safely say they aren't.

That's not true. Games don't have to be designed for it at all. Any time a game loads from disk rather than RAM, an SSD represents a gigantic improvement.

What kind of stuff loads in from disk? Stuff which is independent from the action like levels, ambient sound etc?

It depends on how they've written it, the size of the environment (and thus the size/number of textures, etc). It could be any number of things: if it can't fit in memory, it has to be loaded on demand. And consoles especially are pretty limited when it comes to RAM right now.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 8:46 pm 

ElementFreak wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

ElementFreak wrote:

Apparently they are only missing a couple of the songs, but most are back.

That series was ridiculously good up till THUG2 (my personal fave, though it was getting too gimmicky then).
Hope this does well and they continue the trend.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 11:15 am 

So after seeing all the Witcher chat here, I finally thought I’d buy it and see what the fuss is about. £20 for game of the year edition that has all DLC and bits ‘n’ pieces. Realised after it arrived that it will likely need about eleventy twelve billion terabytes of patches downloading and looked at my crappy internet connection and ... threw the game still in the shrink wrapping onto a shell to inevitably sit there for ever untouched.

Edit: updated for Preeti Patel number accuracy.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 11:19 am 

Ah no, set it downloading the updates overnight. It's class.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 11:22 am 

Nolanator wrote:

You haven’t seen my internet connection. My house seems to have been forgotten by all the cable companies. Literally forgotten. Next door either side Virgin, sky, bt all fibred up. Take your pick. My house, a rusty tin can and some wet wool.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 11:24 am 

ScarfaceClaw wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

You haven’t seen my internet connection. My house seems to have been forgotten by all the cable companies. Literally forgotten. Next door either side Virgin, sky, bt all fibred up. Take your pick. My house, a rusty tin can and some wet wool.

If you run a LAN cable from your router to PS4 it would speed things up a little.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 11:37 am 

Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
ScarfaceClaw wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

If you run a LAN cable from your router to PS4 it would speed things up a little.

Or run a lan cable from the next door neighbours router...

I actually did that when I was about 22 and just moved back home after uni. Had a good mate next door and we played some games together over the lan, but also piggybacked on his internet connection.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 11:42 am 

I was going to suggest asking the neighbours if you could borrow their fast internet just got the download.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 11:43 am 

Nolanator wrote:
I was going to suggest asking the neighbours if you could borrow their fast internet just got the download.

If you're good mates, go halves on a really high speed connection and share it. No idea on the legalities of that though...

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 11:44 am 

Raggs wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

If you're good mates, go halves on a really high speed connection and share it. No idea on the legalities of that though...

Even just ask if you can piggyback their WiFi for overnight, presuming they're close next door.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 12:14 pm 

Your mobile provider hasn't moved to/offers already unlimted broadband?

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 12:17 pm 

Last patch was in 2016, would the games not ship with the latest version?

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 12:33 pm 

Raggs wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

Impossible to enforce anything really, if it even is illegal.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 12:36 pm 

I 'bought' GTA-V last night. It looks like everybody else did as well. I was getting about 8-15Mb/s downloads so it took all night to arrive. I also had to free up 100GB of space which took almost as long.

I'll give it a go this evening.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 2:57 pm 

dinsdale wrote:
I 'bought' GTA-V last night. It looks like everybody else did as well. I was getting about 8-15Mb/s downloads so it took all night to arrive. I also had to free up 100GB of space which took almost as long.

I'll give it a go this evening.

Just tried it very quickly. Think I'm going to either use the controller or practice driving a lot of i want to get good.

Completed the story of gears tactics, Think I'm just going to get back into bannerlord.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 11:44 pm 

Crusader kings 3 on the way I see.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 12:00 am 

Got Control on special; what an awesome game! Love single player games where you have godlike powers. The physics are pretty incredible in this one.

Just upgraded to a 1440p monitor, so my PC struggles a bit with it, but it runs well enough with the settings turned down.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 8:04 pm 

NBA 2K20 is NZ$7.95 down from NZ$100 on the PS Store.

I’ve had it for a few months and quite like it having never played many b-ball games since the excellent Total NBA97.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 8:55 pm 

Uncle Fester wrote:
Crusader kings 3 on the way I see.

Hopefully it lives up to CK2. Don't think a game has ever been better at producing random stories. Other than maybe something mad like Dwarf Fortress.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 9:05 pm 

mr bungle wrote:
NBA 2K20 is NZ$7.95 down from NZ$100 on the PS Store.

I’ve had it for a few months and quite like it having never played many b-ball games since the excellent Total NBA97.

NBA jam was the beginning and the end of my relationship with video gaming bball. Amazing game.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 10:44 am 

Quick rant. I'm not playing COD anymore. The current version, 1st I brought in years, needs over the 100GB space free that I have on my PS4 to update. I already deleted several other games. All I have on my PS4 is Destiny 2 and CODWarzone. What is wrong with the way it updates?

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 11:07 am 

Witcher 3 update: I had to move it from the shelf where I chucked it. “Why did you buy that if you’re not going to use it? Do something with it. It’s not staying there.”. It is now on a shelf in the spare room gathering dust. Thankfully it still has the cellophane wrapper to protect it.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 12:41 pm 

Raggs wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

He has 36k posts and works in a science lab like Dr Sheldon Cooper.
Suspect He has never met his neighbours !

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 12:42 pm 

Did everyone enjoy the tech demo on Unreal Engine 5?

Seems like developers loved what they saw.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 12:47 pm 

Wendigo7 wrote:

I watched a bit and it looked very pretty. Got a bit wanky with techy stuff so I tuned out, though.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 2:11 pm 

ScarfaceClaw wrote:
Witcher 3 update: I had to move it from the shelf where I chucked it. “Why did you buy that if you’re not going to use it? Do something with it. It’s not staying there.”. It is now on a shelf in the spare room gathering dust. Thankfully it still has the cellophane wrapper to protect it.

Seriously, play it. You won't regret it! The worst that will happen is that you realise it will take forever to patch so you can give up. That said, I presume it's a physical copy and not a code inside the box?

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 3:02 pm 

Wendigo7 wrote:

it did look great, I just hope that (1) the new Xbox will be comparable or it's going to 'lose' this next generation too when everyone flocks to the shiniest bauble (2) that devs don't punch themselves out putting all their energy into making games look great rather than making them more playable

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 6:07 pm 

eldanielfire wrote:
Quick rant. I'm not playing COD anymore. The current version, 1st I brought in years, needs over the 100GB space free that I have on my PS4 to update. I already deleted several other games. All I have on my PS4 is Destiny 2 and CODWarzone. What is wrong with the way it updates?

I think it’s a bit like windows, in that it needs space to run and copy & update properly - I had 81 gig free and couldn’t do a bf v update because it’s a 100 gig program and needs like a whole spare clone of itself to update . I uninstalled COd Ww2 as I haven’t played it in a year plus, and was shite.
I have a hdd not a sdd so updates are not rapid.
(My internet at the moment is also slow due to London lockdown fever in the evenings , I barely get 10 & 5 mps)

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 6:09 pm 

backrow wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:

I think it’s a bit like windows, in that it needs space to run and copy & update properly - I had 81 gig free and couldn’t do a bf v update because it’s a 100 gig program and needs like a whole spare clone of itself to update . I uninstalled COd Ww2 as I haven’t played it in a year plus, and was shite.
I have a hdd not a sdd so updates are not rapid.
(My internet at the moment is also slow due to London lockdown fever in the evenings , I barely get 10 & 5 mps)

Yeah COD is a ridiculous size of a game. Had to delete Fifa 19 and RDR2. The PS5 can't come quick enough!

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 6:20 pm 

I’m still in theory getting a couple of ps5’s when they come out !

:o

Bet I will be back at work then and won’t be playing games 5 hours a day :frown:

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 6:29 pm 

backrow wrote:

Bet I will be back at work then and won’t be playing games 5 hours a day :frown:

What do you do with a couple of ps5's?

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 6:40 pm 

Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
backrow wrote:

What do you do with a couple of ps5's?

It may be more than a couple ! :o

Me, then bro , then my mate dangerous Dave, then other good close personal friends whom I’ve met often in real life, is the order of merit. Just hope virus doesn’t kybosh the whole thing !

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7771 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195  Next