PR Depression, Anxiety and Suicidal

All things Rugby
bimboman

Re: PR Depression, Anxiety and Suicidal

Post by bimboman »

Big Nipper wrote:Dumped her this morning.

Well done.
redderneck

Post by redderneck »

Now, THAT is a proper psychological intervention!

Well played.
Kiwias

Post by Kiwias »

backrow wrote:
Kiwias wrote:
:thumbup: :thumbup:

Delete her number from your phone and block her. Defriend on FB if you use it. Twitter too.
He needs to rule 1 her on here first though
That is a given.
The Native

Post by The Native »

:thumbup:

Hopefully after she had cooked you breakfast.
J Man

Post by J Man »

The Native wrote:

Hopefully after she had cooked you breakfast.
Haven't been following this thread but jesus christ :lol:
backrow

Post by backrow »

*logs on for the rule 1*

*leaves dejected*
Salanya

Post by Salanya »

Has this now become another thread where Yeeb campaigns his objectification? :?

I'm struggling at the moment. My cyclothymia normally gives me strong ups and down, which I can work with. But the ups and downs have become quite short, sometimes only lasting hours, and the additional time seems to be filled with dullness, irritability and blank depression.
I wonder if amongst other things I'm missing the regular rhythm of the rugby season.
JPNZ

Post by JPNZ »

I’m obviously a fairly new poster but I just need somewhere to vent. A good friend who lives at the other end of the country was diagnosed with Cancer in one of his kidneys 6 months ago. Straight in and removed it and onto three months of chemo. Three weeks ago they found it had already spread to lungs and liver. An online fund was setup to raise money for the Keytruda cancer drug which isint government funded in NZ. A three month course costs around $70,000, Sadly this only prolongs things a little.

I’ve been informed tonight he’s been moved into palliative care and has days to live. He’s only 34 with an 18 month old daughter and a wife of 2 years. I cannot get my head around the fact he was perfectly fit and active 12 months ago when I last saw him.

People are not supposed to pass away at 34 :((
Kiwias

Post by Kiwias »

JPNZ

That is really shitty news.
backrow

Post by backrow »

Salanya wrote:Has this now become another thread where Yeeb campaigns his objectification? :?

I'm struggling at the moment. My cyclothymia normally gives me strong ups and down, which I can work with. But the ups and downs have become quite short, sometimes only lasting hours, and the additional time seems to be filled with dullness, irritability and blank depression.
I wonder if amongst other things I'm missing the regular rhythm of the rugby season.
I was trying to cheer him up with some ‘Bro’s before Ho’s’ words of kindness , compassion and sage advice. Saffas like black humour usually (interpret that as you will)

*looks up what objectification means*
Diego

Post by Diego »

Just leave the thread alone yeeb unless you have anything useful to say.
backrow

Post by backrow »

Diego wrote:Just leave the thread alone yeeb unless you have anything useful to say.
Plato'sCave

Post by Plato'sCave »

Great move. She sounded like a creepy gaslighting wanker
JPNZ

Post by JPNZ »

Kiwias wrote:JPNZ

That is really shitty news.
Yea it is, especially one that has so much to live for. I just had the call I didn't want to answer that he passed away peacefully this morning. I have no words :(( :((
Winnie

Post by Winnie »

Sorry for your loss JPNZ
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

JPNZ wrote:I’m obviously a fairly new poster but I just need somewhere to vent. A good friend who lives at the other end of the country was diagnosed with Cancer in one of his kidneys 6 months ago. Straight in and removed it and onto three months of chemo. Three weeks ago they found it had already spread to lungs and liver. An online fund was setup to raise money for the Keytruda cancer drug which isint government funded in NZ. A three month course costs around $70,000, Sadly this only prolongs things a little.

I’ve been informed tonight he’s been moved into palliative care and has days to live. He’s only 34 with an 18 month old daughter and a wife of 2 years. I cannot get my head around the fact he was perfectly fit and active 12 months ago when I last saw him.

You are right. My brother went at 26.
Bernies Corner

Post by Bernies Corner »

Mick Mannock wrote:
JPNZ wrote:I’m obviously a fairly new poster but I just need somewhere to vent. A good friend who lives at the other end of the country was diagnosed with Cancer in one of his kidneys 6 months ago. Straight in and removed it and onto three months of chemo. Three weeks ago they found it had already spread to lungs and liver. An online fund was setup to raise money for the Keytruda cancer drug which isint government funded in NZ. A three month course costs around $70,000, Sadly this only prolongs things a little.

You are right. My brother went at 26.
Crikey that must be so difficult. Sorry to hear this (@ both of you)
Biffer29

Post by Biffer29 »

Tom James is returning to play after time away from the game last season for treatment for depression.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/45147361
rageagainstthemachine

Post by rageagainstthemachine »

First post on here. Fair dues to you all. Can someone recommend a good book, cd, or whatever to help cultivate a more positive mindset?
Thanks!
Diego

Post by Diego »

Headspace app for your phone.
newportblue

Post by newportblue »

Diego wrote:Headspace app for your phone.
So much this
RB81

Post by RB81 »

Sandstorm wrote:Tough times RB. My dad is undergoing cancer treatment at present and the stress is bad for me too. Talk to your wife and focus on your wonderful family. YOU don’t have Alzheimer’s at present or are even likely to get it in 30 years. So try to relax. :thumbup:

Thanks Sandstorm, V Sorry to hear about your dad.
RB81

Post by RB81 »

OomPB wrote:
RB81 wrote:Don't put a lot of msgs on this board, so bare with me. My mother is suffering from Alzheimer's which in the last 6 months has progressed rapidly. Its at a stage where she questions at times who we (my siblings & i) are, how its possible we can have kids - in her mind we're still kids and lately asking my dad to confirm he's her husband. I am finding this unbelievably tough. To compound it, my father needs 5 hours of oxygen since his 5th open-heart surgery 3 years ago and he has pretty much defied medical science to be here. Then, a little under a year ago, my uncle whom I was very close to passed away and my aunt is going through her 3rd bout of treatment for cancer. Thankfully I have 2 beautiful kids and a wife that give me reason. Excuse the grammar.

At times it can get too much, stress can be unreal and I end up with stomach cramps which last for a day. After they go away I am so physically drained but I need to go on.

Unfortunately, the Alzheimer's does run in the family and I have memories of how it goes - which can be heplful but soemtimes ignorance would be nice.
Vokof nOOp !
What?
knack

Post by knack »

Gday, ive got a nice dose of Complex PTSD from venturing to exotic overseas destinations and having fun and adventurous interactions with the inhabitants. Got home f0r the last time in 2013, went on full medical leave as of 2014 as i couldn't 'switch off' reactions and mind set which were completely appropriate for deployment but not for back home. Its putting a huge strain on my relationship, im a complete cxnt to be around when im at my worst. Been seeing a psychologist and psychiatrist since 2014, im making progress, but just lately im kinda convinced that it would best to quietly toddle off so I don't cause anymore harm and at least then my wife an kid would get a payout. I cant go for a walk without arming myself, I dont drink as last time i did I just wanted to kill, and I have never been an angry drunk. None of the various meds they have tried have worked, they just made the hypervigalence worse, have been previously admitted to a PTSD ward in Sydney but had a pretty awful exerience having to resus a fellow inmate who had tried to hang himself. The headaches are unbearable sometimes so have been taking fxk loads of Tramadol for years now, its a horrible drug.

Anyway, thought I would add my 2cents.
RB81

Post by RB81 »

knack wrote:Gday, ive got a nice dose of Complex PTSD from venturing to exotic overseas destinations and having fun and adventurous interactions with the inhabitants. Got home f0r the last time in 2013, went on full medical leave as of 2014 as i couldn't 'switch off' reactions and mind set which were completely appropriate for deployment but not for back home. Its putting a huge strain on my relationship, im a complete cxnt to be around when im at my worst. Been seeing a psychologist and psychiatrist since 2014, im making progress, but just lately im kinda convinced that it would best to quietly toddle off so I don't cause anymore harm and at least then my wife an kid would get a payout. I cant go for a walk without arming myself, I dont drink as last time i did I just wanted to kill, and I have never been an angry drunk. None of the various meds they have tried have worked, they just made the hypervigalence worse, have been previously admitted to a PTSD ward in Sydney but had a pretty awful exerience having to resus a fellow inmate who had tried to hang himself. The headaches are unbearable sometimes so have been taking fxk loads of Tramadol for years now, its a horrible drug.

Your wife and kid love you. You are an integral part of a family. Have you said these to thoughts to either carer you talk to?

Your presence is worth more than anything to them
knack

Post by knack »

RB81 wrote:
knack wrote:Gday, ive got a nice dose of Complex PTSD from venturing to exotic overseas destinations and having fun and adventurous interactions with the inhabitants. Got home f0r the last time in 2013, went on full medical leave as of 2014 as i couldn't 'switch off' reactions and mind set which were completely appropriate for deployment but not for back home. Its putting a huge strain on my relationship, im a complete cxnt to be around when im at my worst. Been seeing a psychologist and psychiatrist since 2014, im making progress, but just lately im kinda convinced that it would best to quietly toddle off so I don't cause anymore harm and at least then my wife an kid would get a payout. I cant go for a walk without arming myself, I dont drink as last time i did I just wanted to kill, and I have never been an angry drunk. None of the various meds they have tried have worked, they just made the hypervigalence worse, have been previously admitted to a PTSD ward in Sydney but had a pretty awful exerience having to resus a fellow inmate who had tried to hang himself. The headaches are unbearable sometimes so have been taking fxk loads of Tramadol for years now, its a horrible drug.

Your wife and kid love you. You are an integral part of a family. Have you said these to thoughts to either carer you talk to?

Your presence is worth more than anything to them

Yeah I have, Im pretty big believer in telling it all to the medico's as there's kinda no point in seeing them if they dont have the full picture. I guess its tricky for them, it's not like I have a solid plan, but it's been my experience with mates an colleague's that there wasn't any planning, they just did it.

At the worst times I just feel like such a F'ing burden. My father was in a similar situation (ex cop) an while I understand him now, he was a cxnt to grow up under an it terrifys me that I could be like that with my boy.
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

A mate if mine in DC who has had many brushes with the black dog ended up in Emergency the other day after an attempt....

He's kept my spirits up in the past when I was struggling this year and seemed to be doing really well recently.

Vigilance always....
knack

Post by knack »

Pat the Ex Mat wrote:A mate if mine in DC who has had many brushes with the black dog ended up in Emergency the other day after an attempt....

He's kept my spirits up in the past when I was struggling this year and seemed to be doing really well recently.

Vigilance always....
Always.

Hope he's on the mend mate.
Rinkals

Post by Rinkals »

RB81 wrote:
OomPB wrote:
RB81 wrote:Don't put a lot of msgs on this board, so bare with me. My mother is suffering from Alzheimer's which in the last 6 months has progressed rapidly. Its at a stage where she questions at times who we (my siblings & i) are, how its possible we can have kids - in her mind we're still kids and lately asking my dad to confirm he's her husband. I am finding this unbelievably tough. To compound it, my father needs 5 hours of oxygen since his 5th open-heart surgery 3 years ago and he has pretty much defied medical science to be here. Then, a little under a year ago, my uncle whom I was very close to passed away and my aunt is going through her 3rd bout of treatment for cancer. Thankfully I have 2 beautiful kids and a wife that give me reason. Excuse the grammar.

At times it can get too much, stress can be unreal and I end up with stomach cramps which last for a day. After they go away I am so physically drained but I need to go on.

Unfortunately, the Alzheimer's does run in the family and I have memories of how it goes - which can be heplful but soemtimes ignorance would be nice.
Vokof nOOp !
What?
The standard welcome isn't very apt on this thread, but I've no doubt he means well.
Heymans

Post by Heymans »

Today, I contemplated very seriously walking into traffic.

So tired, but the show must go on I suppose. Sometimes I can't do the fake smiles anymore though. It just wears you down.
Diego

Post by Diego »

Heymans wrote:Today, I contemplated very seriously walking into traffic.

So tired, but the show must go on I suppose. Sometimes I can't do the fake smiles anymore though. It just wears you down.
Do you have anyone you can talk to?
Heymans

Post by Heymans »

Diego wrote:

Yeah I do. It helps.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Thought you had plan dude, how they progressing ?
Diego

Post by Diego »

Heymans wrote:
Diego wrote:

Yeah I do. It helps.
Good. Keep doing it.

Don't hesitate to contact a professional either. I don't know what it's like in France but if it's anything like Ireland there will be a bunch of brilliant organisations which will provide whatever level of support you need.
CrazyIslander

Post by CrazyIslander »

Hang in there Heyman, you always seem a decent bloke here. Don't give up.
CrazyIslander

Post by CrazyIslander »

Pat the Ex Mat wrote:A mate if mine in DC who has had many brushes with the black dog ended up in Emergency the other day after an attempt....

Vigilance always....
A lot of times the people helping others are the ones needing help themselves.
Salanya

Post by Salanya »

Heymans: make sure to reach out to whoever you have.

For the first time in well over 10 years I've taken myself to the GP. She gave me a few numbers to call to set up counselling, and wants to see me again in a month.
The sad thing is that it took me to tell her that I was feeling suicidal. Up till then I was too articulate in explaining my condition, and if I hadn't pushed I probably would have walked out without much consideration. Worrying.
Diego

Post by Diego »

Salanya wrote:Heymans: make sure to reach out to whoever you have.

For the first time in well over 10 years I've taken myself to the GP. She gave me a few numbers to call to set up counselling, and wants to see me again in a month.
The sad thing is that it took me to tell her that I was feeling suicidal. Up till then I was too articulate in explaining my condition, and if I hadn't pushed I probably would have walked out without much consideration. Worrying.
How can you be sad after the way JvdF has started the season?!

Best of luck Sal, keep the chin up. :thumbup:
Salanya

Post by Salanya »

Diego wrote:

How can you be sad after the way JvdF has started the season?!

Best of luck Sal, keep the chin up. :thumbup:
I'm going to a concert tomorrow afternoon, so I won't even be able to watch him. :(

And I still don't have his phone number, which I'm sure is hurting him as much as it is hurting me.
CrazyIslander

Post by CrazyIslander »

All the best with this. Atleast you've taken steps to deal with it.