Planet Rugby Forum
https://forum.planetrugby.com/

PR Depression, Anxiety and Suicidal
https://forum.planetrugby.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=54782
Page 50 of 63

Author:  Uthikoloshe [ Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:06 am ]
Post subject:  Re: PR Depression, Anxiety and Suicidal

EverReady wrote:
Thanks slick and dan. All ticking along and it turns out I have a less shit sexy version so in with a very very good chance of being grand. Starting treatment in 2 weeks and while it sounds pretty shit I should make it and maybe even have more attractive facial features

I read through this thread occasionally, my reaction from FUCK on reading your first post to PHEW in the space of 40 seconds, after reading this one.
Good luck.

Author:  EverReady [ Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: PR Depression, Anxiety and Suicidal

Uthikoloshe wrote:
EverReady wrote:
Thanks slick and dan. All ticking along and it turns out I have a less shit sexy version so in with a very very good chance of being grand. Starting treatment in 2 weeks and while it sounds pretty shit I should make it and maybe even have more attractive facial features

I read through this thread occasionally, my reaction from FUCK on reading your first post to PHEW in the space of 40 seconds, after reading this one.
Good luck.


Thanks bro. Will be a long summer without the drinking my face off in the middle but fuckit

Author:  Uthikoloshe [ Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:42 am ]
Post subject:  Re: PR Depression, Anxiety and Suicidal

Drink as much as you like, just make sure its kale smoothies :lol: x(

Author:  Pat the Ex Mat [ Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:17 am ]
Post subject:  Re: PR Depression, Anxiety and Suicidal

Salanya wrote:
Cheers Leinsterlion, though in fairness I suffered in silence for a good 6 months - it was only once things got tricky that I pulled the trigger. Two interviews this week, and one next week, and still to hear back from one other, so fingers crossed .


Keep at it!

I've quit or took redundancy several times without a job to go to

Don't worry how it looks on your CV, most good companies don't care.

I burned through 49 applications last November. Trying to get a contract in Sydney just before Xmas is almost impossible. But things happen.

:thumbup:

Author:  EverReady [ Fri May 17, 2019 6:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: PR Depression, Anxiety and Suicidal

Week 1 and a bit in. Not committing to weekly reports as I suspect I won't be arsed fairly quickly. Head and neck cancer treatment sucks and blows and then sucks again but sure tis what it tis. Last Thursday week they started by giving me a anti nausea and steroids in a drip for two hours and then sent me down all hooked up for my radiotherapy. As I am a massive girls knickers I don't like the feeling of being clamped to the table by the head while they zap me. Turns out I am actually ok with it. Image
They then brought me back upstairs wheeling the oul drip and put 100mg cisplatin chemo into me. Turns out this is the highest dose. I get it every three rather than one week and I know so about it. Said It is because I am young and fit, who is to argue, but I am not sure It is worth It. It f**ked me up from Tuesday to Thursday bad. Thought I was a different species and couldn't really move much . Lots of nausea and puking and shit. Wasn't actually able to watch or read anything for days. Would just lie there eyes closed focused on the moment. Not sexy though obviously I still look amazing. The neck tumour is now How to Get Ahead in Advertising big after each day of radio. I suspect by looking at people it may be talking to them but is remaining brutally silent with me. The burning of the throat by the radio is sore and the taste issues annoying but the weakness and nausea is the worst. Fingers crossed I am getting a break from the worst of that until week three. 7 radio sessions of 35 and 1 of 3 chemo and I can report standing again and a solid 6 out of 10 for cancer. HURRAH

Author:  TB63 [ Fri May 17, 2019 6:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: PR Depression, Anxiety and Suicidal

Feck me, good luck ER..

Author:  Sandstorm [ Fri May 17, 2019 6:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: PR Depression, Anxiety and Suicidal

Pffft! Cancer and Chemo? You’ll smash it, mate :thumbup:

Author:  EverReady [ Fri May 17, 2019 6:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: PR Depression, Anxiety and Suicidal

I have given good copy but yeah it is a piece of piss

Author:  Wyndham Upalot [ Fri May 17, 2019 7:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: PR Depression, Anxiety and Suicidal

Having overcome a far less ingressive cancer than you ER, I'm obviously inclined to say, man-up you soft-cock. However, knowing your situation, readily and without cynicism or sarcasm say, good on you fella; you're stronger than any of this on faux show of big nobs. All the best dude.

Author:  EverReady [ Fri May 17, 2019 7:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: PR Depression, Anxiety and Suicidal

My wife was a little 'man uppish' for a few days :lol: Look the treatment is shite but unlike some of the people I am hanging out with the prognosis is good. I am going in and out to a cancer hospital in leafy Rathgar. The serenity is somewhat punctured by the sickness in the walls. The kids I see knocking around are good for any self pity. Actually on the radiotherapy machine they have all stickers for the kids and that gave me a big jolt of man up. They should show me one child each day

Author:  Wyndham Upalot [ Fri May 17, 2019 7:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: PR Depression, Anxiety and Suicidal

EverReady wrote:
My wife was a little 'man uppish' for a few days :lol: Look the treatment is shite but unlike some of the people I am hanging out with the prognosis is good. I am going in and out to a cancer hospital in leafy Rathgar. The serenity is somewhat punctured by the sickness in the walls. The kids I see knocking around are good for any self pity. Actually on the radiotherapy machine they have all stickers for the kids and that gave me a big jolt of man up. They should show me one child each day


You got it in one fella (but everyone on this bored knows that) ... really respect ur pragmatism u old kunt, as MJ said (less the pedo element), beat it

Author:  Bullettyme [ Fri May 17, 2019 7:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: PR Depression, Anxiety and Suicidal

Good luck ER, I hope they let you keep the head and shoulders thing.

Author:  redderneck [ Fri May 17, 2019 7:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: PR Depression, Anxiety and Suicidal

Bullettyme wrote:
Good luck ER, I hope they let you keep the head and shoulders thing.


This is no time to be worrying about Dandruff, you fool.

Author:  EverReady [ Fri May 17, 2019 8:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: PR Depression, Anxiety and Suicidal

Maybe I should set up a kids cancer choir with the sole purpose to sing We Are the World to me everyday. They dont talk to you about these opportunities

Author:  Crash_12 [ Fri May 17, 2019 8:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: PR Depression, Anxiety and Suicidal

Shout out to you ER, take it easy lad. :thumbup:

Author:  iarmhiman [ Fri May 17, 2019 8:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: PR Depression, Anxiety and Suicidal

Do you have to stay in the clinic ER or do you go home after taking the Chemo?

Best of luck by the way.

Author:  EverReady [ Fri May 17, 2019 8:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: PR Depression, Anxiety and Suicidal

Thanks all. Means a lot. Iarmhi it goes 2 hours fluid with magnesium and steroids and anti nausea. 2 hours chemo an then two hours fluids with potassium. All in there for about 7 hours on that day and home. You feel ok the first few days as they give you strong anti nausea and steroids for first three days. Wheels came off for me about day 5 which is typical. With my treatment you tend to end up an Inpatient about week 5-7 or within 2 weeks after finishing. Mainly because you can't eat but I am aiming to stay out

Author:  Flametop [ Fri May 17, 2019 8:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: PR Depression, Anxiety and Suicidal

ER, sorry, I’m just catching this now.
Fûcking hell, you’re one of my favourite posters on here.
You’ve gotta kick the living shit out of this.
Stay strong bud, we need you here.

Author:  EverReady [ Fri May 17, 2019 8:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: PR Depression, Anxiety and Suicidal

Thanks dude. One of the specialist nurses early on had a line I liked 'You deal with the facts as they are on the day' and today I feel pretty good

Author:  ZappaMan [ Fri May 17, 2019 8:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: PR Depression, Anxiety and Suicidal

You're going to smash this, kid. Far too much to live for and for one of life's rare good eggs.

You'll destroy the fucker and I'll take you for a feed of porter when you do.

Author:  EverReady [ Fri May 17, 2019 8:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: PR Depression, Anxiety and Suicidal

You're on baby

Author:  ZappaMan [ Fri May 17, 2019 8:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: PR Depression, Anxiety and Suicidal

I'll invite Mullet and Wag too for the glamour of it.

I'm serious, by the way. Serious session incoming once you've convalesced :thumbup:

Author:  EverReady [ Fri May 17, 2019 8:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: PR Depression, Anxiety and Suicidal

I had a dream the other night and Mullet was in it. He might be a guardian angel or some mystical shit

Author:  Flametop [ Fri May 17, 2019 8:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: PR Depression, Anxiety and Suicidal

EverReady wrote:
I had a dream the other night and Mullet was in it. He might be a guardian angel or some mystical shit


Celticly mystical.

Author:  YOYO [ Fri May 17, 2019 8:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: PR Depression, Anxiety and Suicidal

Has anyone even seen ER and Spider-Man in the same room?

You got this spidey. :thumbup:

Author:  Bimboc69 [ Fri May 17, 2019 8:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: PR Depression, Anxiety and Suicidal

EverReady wrote:
I had a dream the other night and Mullet was in it. He might be a guardian angel or some mystical shit

He reminds me of Chet off weird sceince tbh.

Author:  CanNZ2000 [ Fri May 17, 2019 8:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: PR Depression, Anxiety and Suicidal

Sorry to hear ER. Hope it keeps going well for you and you beat that shit.

Author:  redderneck [ Fri May 17, 2019 9:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: PR Depression, Anxiety and Suicidal

EverReady wrote:
I had a dream the other night and Mullet was in it. He might be a guardian angel or some mystical shit


He's been called some things in his time, but a mystical shit is a new one I'm guessing.

Author:  YOYO [ Fri May 17, 2019 9:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: PR Depression, Anxiety and Suicidal

redderneck wrote:
EverReady wrote:
I had a dream the other night and Mullet was in it. He might be a guardian angel or some mystical shit


He's been called some things in his time, but a mystical shit is a new one I'm guessing.

I had a dream the day before the Heino Cup final that Luke McGrath had to retire due to injury. Was a bit of a left field dream. Leinster not even my no.1 team.

Author:  Gavin Duffy [ Fri May 17, 2019 10:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: PR Depression, Anxiety and Suicidal

Hope all works out well for you ER, haven’t checked in here for a while.

Author:  EverReady [ Sat May 25, 2019 1:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: PR Depression, Anxiety and Suicidal

Week 2 and a bit in and I can safely say I won't be doing this again. Last weekend had the eldests Communion so they filled me with steroids for the day. What goes up must come down so I crashed like Prince Phillip trying to run over some villagers. Sunday the vomiting picked up and the week was pretty much that until Thursday night and I had a temp of 38.5. Not sure about the system in other countries but here it is a bit shambolic. If I get sick before 6pm I go to my dedicated cancer hospital. After 6pm or weekends I go to any A&E. So they told me from the start 'dont get sick after 6pm' and I didn't oblige. They told me tell A&E you are an oncology patient under Dr X so I thought I would go to A&E and the cancer team would breeze into the reception and whisk me off on a trolley to a special isolation area probably with games and bean bags. Turns out I was wrong. They had me in the waiting area of James's with not one but two prisoners with 6 prison guards and various other drunks and reprobates. Then I got the call after an hour and got brought into a new section where the nurse stabbed me badly for blood and said hopefully we will have a bed soon and put me in a new waiting area. I thought thank fùck those prisone...no sooner had a I thought it the two lads were moved to this tiny area beside me no accompanied by a mental drunk lad in a suit shouting THAT'S IT and OOOOOOHHHHHH :lol: A memory I will treasure. Anyway that was the night- me with a worsening temp and compromised immunity with all the mad bastards of Dublin. At 6am they put me on a trolley and said you have sepsis. Without missing a beat I said after last night I am not surprised. She took the time to explain I had the infection already which was nice. Silver lining was I was transferred to Luke's on Friday and had to be given a private room as I had to be in isolation after James's 8)
Two days in here I appear to have sorted puking my face off during the day and might even stuck my hands down my pants later :thumbup:

Author:  Bimboc69 [ Sat May 25, 2019 2:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: PR Depression, Anxiety and Suicidal

Stay strong mate :thumbup:
Why not ask someone else to put their hands down your pants?

Author:  EverReady [ Sat May 25, 2019 2:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: PR Depression, Anxiety and Suicidal

c69 wrote:
Stay strong mate :thumbup:
Why not ask someone else to put their hands down your pants?


I am not as attractive as I have been at the moment. I look like an artist has stuck Boris Johnson's neck onto a normal person

Author:  Bimboc69 [ Sat May 25, 2019 2:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: PR Depression, Anxiety and Suicidal

EverReady wrote:
c69 wrote:
Stay strong mate :thumbup:
Why not ask someone else to put their hands down your pants?


I am not as attractive as I have been at the moment. I look like an artist has stuck Boris Johnson's neck onto a normal person

Perhaps Zappa could give you some advice regarding jaunty next gear.

Author:  redderneck [ Sat May 25, 2019 2:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: PR Depression, Anxiety and Suicidal

EverReady wrote:
c69 wrote:
Stay strong mate :thumbup:
Why not ask someone else to put their hands down your pants?


I am not as attractive as I have been at the moment. I look like an artist has stuck Boris Johnson's neck onto a normal person


What's the odds on that mental drunk lad in a suit shouting THAT'S IT and OOOOOOHHHHHH being another oncology patient in for the chemical gawks?

Fcuk all to be said ER only keep her lit. :thumbup:

PS. In terms of attractiveness, just remind yourself that Leo Cullen looks worse and he has NO excuse.

Author:  EverReady [ Sat May 25, 2019 2:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: PR Depression, Anxiety and Suicidal

Look lads life is good. Sitting here watching London 7's after a movie binge this am.

Author:  Kiwias [ Sat May 25, 2019 3:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: PR Depression, Anxiety and Suicidal

A close friend of my wife was diagnosed with cancer 21 days ago, apparently a rare type and one that spreads incredibly fast. She died yesterday at the age of 52 and this has not been good for my wife's depression. We will attend the wake in two days time and must admit I am not looking forward to it.

ER
Wishing you all the best mate in your battle. Kick the evil fucker in the balls once for me and once for my wife.

Author:  EverReady [ Sat May 25, 2019 9:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: PR Depression, Anxiety and Suicidal

Kiwias wrote:
A close friend of my wife was diagnosed with cancer 21 days ago, apparently a rare type and one that spreads incredibly fast. She died yesterday at the age of 52 and this has not been good for my wife's depression. We will attend the wake in two days time and must admit I am not looking forward to it.

ER
Wishing you all the best mate in your battle. Kick the evil fucker in the balls once for me and once for my wife.


Will do :thumbup:

Author:  Kiwias [ Sun May 26, 2019 12:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: PR Depression, Anxiety and Suicidal

EverReady wrote:
Kiwias wrote:
A close friend of my wife was diagnosed with cancer 21 days ago, apparently a rare type and one that spreads incredibly fast. She died yesterday at the age of 52 and this has not been good for my wife's depression. We will attend the wake in two days time and must admit I am not looking forward to it.

ER
Wishing you all the best mate in your battle. Kick the evil fucker in the balls once for me and once for my wife.


Will do :thumbup:


Good man. Ms. Kiwias wishes you all the best too.

I just checked and her friend had sarcoma.

Author:  Luckycharmer [ Sun May 26, 2019 1:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: PR Depression, Anxiety and Suicidal

EverReady wrote:
Week 2 and a bit in and I can safely say I won't be doing this again. Last weekend had the eldests Communion so they filled me with steroids for the day. What goes up must come down so I crashed like Prince Phillip trying to run over some villagers. Sunday the vomiting picked up and the week was pretty much that until Thursday night and I had a temp of 38.5. Not sure about the system in other countries but here it is a bit shambolic. If I get sick before 6pm I go to my dedicated cancer hospital. After 6pm or weekends I go to any A&E. So they told me from the start 'dont get sick after 6pm' and I didn't oblige. They told me tell A&E you are an oncology patient under Dr X so I thought I would go to A&E and the cancer team would breeze into the reception and whisk me off on a trolley to a special isolation area probably with games and bean bags. Turns out I was wrong. They had me in the waiting area of James's with not one but two prisoners with 6 prison guards and various other drunks and reprobates. Then I got the call after an hour and got brought into a new section where the nurse stabbed me badly for blood and said hopefully we will have a bed soon and put me in a new waiting area. I thought thank fùck those prisone...no sooner had a I thought it the two lads were moved to this tiny area beside me no accompanied by a mental drunk lad in a suit shouting THAT'S IT and OOOOOOHHHHHH :lol: A memory I will treasure. Anyway that was the night- me with a worsening temp and compromised immunity with all the mad bastards of Dublin. At 6am they put me on a trolley and said you have sepsis. Without missing a beat I said after last night I am not surprised. She took the time to explain I had the infection already which was nice. Silver lining was I was transferred to Luke's on Friday and had to be given a private room as I had to be in isolation after James's 8)
Two days in here I appear to have sorted puking my face off during the day and might even stuck my hands down my pants later :thumbup:

Hadn't realised you had gone public, stay strong!
Was checking if Jumper had joined this thread after today's result.

Page 50 of 63 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/