F1 Thread

All things Rugby
Norman Harvey

Re: F1 Thread

Post by Norman Harvey »

nardol wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:06 am Renault catching up to RB... I say RB I mean simply MV.... is actually really bad for the excitement at the front.

Ricciardo sticking within a pitstop of MV prevented Max from coming into the pits to try and undercut / pass on track Bottas with fresh rubber. They all were focused on simply preserving their tires (so not too close behind a car in front and dirty warm air that degrades the tires). Had DR been further back MV could have switched to a racing tire and tried to hunt down Bottas.
Good performance in one race does not mean Renault are catching Red Bull. It may well have just been track specific. As for Albon he has finished in front of both Renault cars in 4 or the 7 races so far this term. Don't forget on one of the 3 he did not beat them both he would have got a podium if Hamilton had not taken him out.
Flyin Ryan

Post by Flyin Ryan »

nardol wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:06 am Renault catching up to RB... I say RB I mean simply MV.... is actually really bad for the excitement at the front.

Ricciardo sticking within a pitstop of MV prevented Max from coming into the pits to try and undercut / pass on track Bottas with fresh rubber. They all were focused on simply preserving their tires (so not too close behind a car in front and dirty warm air that degrades the tires). Had DR been further back MV could have switched to a racing tire and tried to hunt down Bottas.
It's called auto racing. What you're talking about is Verstappen had a strategic manuever removed from him due to circumstances and instead if he wanted to move forward he was required to race for the position.
piquant

Post by piquant »

Flyin Ryan wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:48 pm

It's called auto racing. What you're talking about is Verstappen had a strategic manuever removed from him due to circumstances and instead if he wanted to move forward he was required to race for the position.

Also if Max had blinked and come in for tyres I suspect Bottas would simply have done the same. I was a little surprised neither Bottas nor Max even tried it to at least see if the other side reacted
ElementFreak

Post by ElementFreak »

Frank and Claire Williams both stepping away from F1 this weekend.
piquant

Post by piquant »

pun intended?
AlanBengio

Post by AlanBengio »

ElementFreak wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:45 pm Frank and Claire Williams both stepping away from F1 this weekend.
It is an historic day in a way, as there will be no more British ownership of a Formula One team after this weekend on records.
Coming from times where all Formula one teams were owned by British but Ferrari, it is a very sad achievement.
Give me back the 1970s F1...
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

AlanBengio wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:07 pm
ElementFreak wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:45 pm Frank and Claire Williams both stepping away from F1 this weekend.
It is an historic day in a way, as there will be no more British ownership of a Formula One team after this weekend on records.
Coming from times where all Formula one teams were owned by British but Ferrari, it is a very sad achievement.

I reckon the consolation of most teams being based here in the UK and having a British world champ will keep us going.
AlanBengio

Post by AlanBengio »

bimboman wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:01 pm

I reckon the consolation of most teams being based here in the UK and having a British world champ will keep us going.
I am sure you are aware that no deal
Brexit means an end to that too (ie teams being based in UK)
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

AlanBengio wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:39 pm

They can all move to Italy and be 20% slower.
Fruit and Nutt

Post by Fruit and Nutt »

bimboman

Post by bimboman »

I was unaware that F1 was banned under WTO. Blimey.
AlanBengio

Post by AlanBengio »

bimboman wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:44 pm

Mercedes - just to mention one - stated many times it will move out in case of no Deal Brexit. But dream on - continue to pretend these Economics considerations carried out by companies worried about their developings do not exist
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Mercedes haven’t said that ever let alone “many times” .
Fruit and Nutt

Post by Fruit and Nutt »

AlanBengio wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:51 amMercedes - just to mention one - stated many times it will move out in case of no Deal Brexit. But dream on - continue to pretend these Economics considerations carried out by companies worried about their developings do not exist

You do realise that F1 is a World Championship don't you?
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

AlanBengio wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:51 am

Mercedes - just to mention one - stated many times it will move out in case of no Deal Brexit. But dream on - continue to pretend these Economics considerations carried out by companies worried about their developings do not exist
I think it's probable that they will but can you post a link to one of the many times they have stated that they will.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Even engineers wives don’t want to live in Germany.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

You really are intent on wrecking PR bimbo aren't you
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

EverReady wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:27 pm You really are intent on wrecking PR bimbo aren't you

Says “Mr” Bukkake comment.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Just giving people the Jews bimbs
Yer Man

Post by Yer Man »

First time a Ferrari has been eliminated in Q1 at Monza.
Vettel continues to set new records every week.
AlanBengio

Post by AlanBengio »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:21 pm

I think it's probable that they will but can you post a link to one of the many times they have stated that they will.
I am not bothered I just link the very first it pop out (of many) in Italian as you are not able to search yourselves (there are many in English as well)
https://www.google.it/amp/s/it.motorspo ... 39865/amp/

(Of note: Toto Wolf - as lots of F1 people - speaks very good Italian and gave these comments many times during the years
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

AlanBengio wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:49 pm

I am not bothered I just link the very first it pop out (of many) in Italian as you are not able to search yourselves (there are many in English as well)

(Of note: Toto Wolf - as lots of F1 people - speaks very good Italian and gave these comments many times during the years
I've read that article and there must be something lost in translation or you are a lying toerag. At no point does Wolf say Mercedes will leave the UK with a no deal Brexit.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Ferrari not even the fastest Italian team at Monza. Can’t see teams giving up their British engineers.

Oh, and I’ve translated and read the example of teams saying they’ll depart if a no deal and it says nothing of the sort Alain. Nothing of the sort.
AlanBengio

Post by AlanBengio »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:59 pm
AlanBengio wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:49 pm

I've read that article and there must be something lost in translation or you are a lying toerag. At no point does Wolf say Mercedes will leave the UK with a no deal Brexit.
Yeah ok whatever you want
Brexit and hard Brexit - UK, UK people, UK based companies Definitely are the winners. Free travel for UK companies inside UK (people and goods and raw materials). But not for the world that stays out, and world is the loser that will have to figure out how to reach UK for everything it needs. Not the other way round

Dream on as I said
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

“I made it up “
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

AlanBengio wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:49 pm Yeah ok whatever you want
Brexit and hard Brexit - UK, UK people, UK based companies Definitely are the winners. Free travel for UK companies inside UK (people and goods and raw materials). But not for the world that stays out, and world is the loser that will have to figure out how to reach UK for everything it needs. Not the other way round

Dream on as I said
Don't be a tosser Alan I said i think it's probable that Mercedes will leave the UK and asked you to
post a link to one of the many times you claimed they had stated that they will.
You then posted an article in Italian and pretended that in that article Wolf said Mercedes would leave the UK with a no deal Brexit. Now you are getting all nasty and slagging off the UK. :(
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

I know it's the first time since 1984 Ferrari haven't had a car in the top 10 at Monza but you have to get a grip Alan. All this lashing out is not going to help you feel better in the long run.
danthefan

Post by danthefan »

I don't really follow F1 but is Hamilton that good or does he just have the best car or some combo of the two? I presume his team mate has a similar car but doesn't do as well.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

danthefan wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:00 pm I don't really follow F1 but is Hamilton that good or does he just have the best car or some combo of the two? I presume his team mate has a similar car but doesn't do as well.
He has the best car. However every now and again he will deliver a which you know only Max Verstappen may be capable of delivering. It would be good if they both had competitive cars.
Turch17

Post by Turch17 »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:25 pm

Dream on as I said
Don't be a tosser Alan I said i think it's probable that Mercedes will leave the UK and asked you to
post a link to one of the many times you claimed they had stated that they will.
You then posted an article in Italian and pretended that in that article Wolf said Mercedes would leave the UK with a no deal Brexit. Now you are getting all nasty and slagging off the UK. :(
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14159 ... ng-uk-base
AlanBengio

Post by AlanBengio »

bimboman wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:15 pm “I made it up “
No wonder all the nut job and conspiracy theories come from the Anglo Saxon world - if that is the attitude applied to understand the way How the world is spinning today
Nabberuk

Post by Nabberuk »

So that's your confirmation you made it up then.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Turch17 wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:37 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:25 pm

Dream on as I said
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14159 ... ng-uk-base
That has the same quotes. Nothing in it saying they will leave the UK with a no deal Brexit. Plenty in it to suggest they probably will. Can you and Alan seriously not tell the difference
maverickmak

Post by maverickmak »

This is great stuff! :o
maverickmak

Post by maverickmak »

Could have the most interesting half a race we'll get this season coming up.
maverickmak

Post by maverickmak »

Standing start! This should be fun.

Stroll on de-facto pole. Gasly, Raikkonen, Sainz, Norris behind.

Lewis will drop to the back.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Bernie finally sold his magic button to Chase then.

What a farce.
maverickmak

Post by maverickmak »

Always nice to see a fresh winner! That was fun.

Lewis gets out of it with minimal damage.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

maverickmak wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:17 pm Standing start! This should be fun.

Stroll on de-facto pole. Gasly, Raikkonen, Sainz, Norris behind.

Lewis will drop to the back.
Only saw it from the restart and it was a German stream so had no idea what had gone on. It was a good watch Shame for Carlos Kimi held them up at the restart.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Let’s not pretend it wasn’t accidental or a timing issue. All the teams were out with tyres ready and information was slow to disseminate.