F1 Thread

All things Rugby
Turch17

Re: F1 Thread

Post by Turch17 »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:26 pm
Turch17 wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:37 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:25 pm
Don't be a tosser Alan I said i think it's probable that Mercedes will leave the UK and asked you to
post a link to one of the many times you claimed they had stated that they will.
You then posted an article in Italian and pretended that in that article Wolf said Mercedes would leave the UK with a no deal Brexit. Now you are getting all nasty and slagging off the UK. :(
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14159 ... ng-uk-base
That has the same quotes. Nothing in it saying they will leave the UK with a no deal Brexit. Plenty in it to suggest they probably will. Can you and Alan seriously not tell the difference
Wow chill, you were complaining because the article was in Italian and I gave you the English version.
Next time move your ass and google it yourself
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Turch17 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:09 am
Don't be a tosser Alan I said i think it's probable that Mercedes will leave the UK and asked you to
post a link to one of the many times you claimed they had stated that they will.
You then posted an article in Italian and pretended that in that article Wolf said Mercedes would leave the UK with a no deal Brexit. Now you are getting all nasty and slagging off the UK. :(
That has the same quotes. Nothing in it saying they will leave the UK with a no deal Brexit. Plenty in it to suggest they probably will. Can you and Alan seriously not tell the difference
Wow chill, you were complaining because the article was in Italian and I gave you the English version.
:lol: :lol:

How do you think I knew what was in the article if I hadn't already got the translation but thanks anyway :thumbup:
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:59 pm I've read that article and there must be something lost in translation or you are a lying toerag. At no point does Wolf say Mercedes will leave the UK with a no deal Brexit.
AlanBengio

Post by AlanBengio »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:52 am
Turch17 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:09 am
:lol: :lol:

How do you think I knew what was in the article if I hadn't already got the translation but thanks anyway :thumbup:
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:59 pm I've read that article and there must be something lost in translation or you are a lying toerag. At no point does Wolf say Mercedes will leave the UK with a no deal Brexit.
It is clear what it says and the message he is giving out (a message he is conveying for some months now).
But You can continue to act as the lawyer of lost causes if that pleases you.
👍

I am not worried - I perfectly understand the world around me and I will continue to give you hints so you will better understand it as well maybe. BTW In those declarations, Everything says Mercedes can leave UK if hard Brexit happens

Edit: In those declarations given by Toto Wolff. Then If you usually go strictly semantic to understand messages that’s ok for me.

Ps for the sake of argument (Mercedes leaving UK) if you are interested there are also other debates on line involving Hamilton and Richards
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

AlanBengio wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:09 am It is clear what it says and the message he is giving out (a message he is conveying for some months now).
👍

I am not worried - I perfectly understand the world around me and I will continue to give you hints so you will better understand it as well maybe. BTW In those declarations, Everything says Mercedes can leave UK if hard Brexit happens

Edit: In those declarations given by Toto Wolff. Then If you usually go strictly semantic to understand messages that’s ok for me.

Ps for the sake of argument (Mercedes leaving UK) if you are interested there are also other debates on line involving Hamilton and Richards
Stop talking shite Alan. Below is what you said. All I'm asking you to do is post a quote and a link for just one of these statements or admit you made it up. I get that you are stressed and retreating into a fantasy world but if you are not careful next week you will be telling us Ferrari are going to have multiple wins this season.
AlanBengio wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:51 amMercedes - just to mention one - stated many times it will move out in case of no Deal Brexit.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

It is clear what it says and the message he is giving out (a message he is conveying for some months now).

Some months nearly 2 years ago. The only evidence you’ve posted is from Feb 2019. Concorde agreement signed. No sign of team moving anywhere .....

All made up by you.
Fruit and Nutt

Post by Fruit and Nutt »

Toyota were the last Germany-based F1 team;

Toyota F1 stats
Races 140
Race Starts 139
Drivers' Titles 0
Constructors' Titles 0
Victories 0
Poles 3
Podiums 13
Points 278.5
Fastest Laps 3
Laps 14363
One/two finishes 0
AlanBengio

Post by AlanBengio »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:49 am
AlanBengio wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:09 am It is clear what it says and the message he is giving out (a message he is conveying for some months now).
👍

Stop talking shite Alan. Below is what you said. All I'm asking you to do is post a quote and a link for just one of these statements or admit you made it up. I get that you are stressed and retreating into a fantasy world but if you are not careful next week you will be telling us Ferrari are going to have multiple wins this season.
AlanBengio wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:51 amMercedes - just to mention one - stated many times it will move out in case of no Deal Brexit.
Yes and I reiterate this here - Wolff said that and it is stating it also into the links posted.
BTW I urge any stakeholder involved into this to take into considerations what I said, if they plan any countermove on that, and avoid Anonymous and other similar considerations, as the next time you will read Mercedes business is leaving will be in fact when they are leaving.
Of course You can go semantic as well pretending nothing is true and hide head under the sand waiting for exact words.
But remember that Toto already said it
Up to you
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Yes and I reiterate this here - Wolff said that and it is stating it also into the links posted.
You reiterate this and prove it by posting a link from Feb 2019 in which there’s nothing like it.

Seriously
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

AlanBengio wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:20 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:49 am
BTW I urge any stakeholder involved into this to take into considerations what I said, if they plan any countermove on that, and avoid Anonymous and other similar considerations, as the next time you will read Mercedes business is leaving will be in fact when they are leaving.
Of course You can go semantic as well pretending nothing is true and hide head under the sand waiting for exact words.
But remember that Toto already said it
Up to you

Post a quote of Wolf stating it or fuck off :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes and I reiterate this here - I believe Mercedes will probably leave the UK if there is a no deal Brexit.
nardol

Post by nardol »

Wait

He has to fudge off or provide definitive proof?

While in the very next sentence you say - without any proof - they probably will folk off?

Double standards?
AlanBengio

Post by AlanBengio »

I stand on what I said - even in relation to those two reports.
Then you can believe differently. But that is your problem and if that is enough for you to win arguments we’ll that is ok
Usually understanding the meanings of things and take subsequent actions - in the scope of the meaining of things - gets me gaining money however so Sorry but I will continue to read this my way
Fruit and Nutt

Post by Fruit and Nutt »

The only way Mercedes are leaving the UK is if Mercedes are leaving F1.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Fruit and Nutt wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:31 pm The only way Mercedes are leaving the UK is if Mercedes are leaving F1.
They’ve just signed a new Concorde agreement.
Fruit and Nutt

Post by Fruit and Nutt »

bimboman wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:37 pm
Fruit and Nutt wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:31 pm The only way Mercedes are leaving the UK is if Mercedes are leaving F1.
They’ve just signed a new Concorde agreement.
Yes indeed.

Mercedes are not leaving the UK now or anytime soon, Brexit deal or no deal. Toto Wolff might be off though, lots of rumours about him.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Lewis Hamilton said he thought they might give it away
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

AlanBengio wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:40 am I stand on what I said - even in relation to those two reports.
Then you can believe differently. But that is your problem and if that is enough for you to win arguments we’ll that is ok
Usually understanding the meanings of things and take subsequent actions - in the scope of the meaining of things - gets me gaining money however so Sorry but I will continue to read this my way
:lol:

It's not a question of belief. It's just you making shit up
AlanBengio

Post by AlanBengio »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:24 pm
AlanBengio wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:40 am I stand on what I said - even in relation to those two reports.
:lol:

It's not a question of belief. It's just you making shit up
Whatever suits you better in here LOLC
Meanwhile i’m still standing behind that
Olddantucker

Post by Olddantucker »

so Sebastian Vettel to join Aston Martin next season? Perez is leaving.
ElementFreak

Post by ElementFreak »

nardol

Post by nardol »

I think Daddy Stroll wants Vettel at RP so his son can go up against a former world champ that is in continuous decline.

Stroll will look good if he stays anywhere near Seb even if Seb is way off the pace.

Billionaire daddy buying success for his son.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

nardol wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:23 am I think Daddy Stroll wants Vettel at RP so his son can go up against a former world champ that is in continuous decline.

Stroll will look good if he stays anywhere near Seb even if Seb is way off the pace.

He wants to attach a 4 times world champion to the Global reach of the Aston Martin brand.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

nardol wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:49 am Wait

He has to fudge off or provide definitive proof?

While in the very next sentence you say - without any proof - they probably will folk off?

Double standards?
I'm only asking him to quote one of the many times Mercedes have said they will leave. I said I believe they probably will. I don't need to provide proof because I'm just saying what I think will happen. You wouldn't know a double standard if it bit you on the arse
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

So I see Vettel is signing for Racing Point.
I had to look up their history..
Jordan -> Midland F1 -> Spyker -> Force India -> Racing Point?
mdaclarke

Post by mdaclarke »

nardol wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:23 am I think Daddy Stroll wants Vettel at RP so his son can go up against a former world champ that is in continuous decline.

I've always thought that Vettel was overrated. He is a flat track bully
dinsdale

Post by dinsdale »

mdaclarke wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:15 pm

I think we are all re-evaluating exactly how good the Red Bull car was back in the day given that Vettel was able to win 4 championships in it when he has been outperformed by rookies ever since. Since Danny Ric comprehensively took him to the cleaners in his first season the writing was on the wall.
Flyin Ryan

Post by Flyin Ryan »

4 time world champion. Overrated.

Formula One ladies and gentlemen.

Do people not understand the damning things "4 time world champion overrated" insinuates about the series? Saying a 4 time champion is overrated means the sport is more or less bullshit. It'd be like the 7th-best team in rugby that is widely considered worse than everyone above them winning the World Cup 3 times in succession, and yet are still considered 7th.
mdaclarke

Post by mdaclarke »

Flyin Ryan wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:41 pm

Do people not understand the damning things "4 time world champion overrated" insinuates about the series? Saying a 4 time champion is overrated means the sport is more or less bullshit. It'd be like the 7th-best team in rugby that is widely considered worse than everyone above them winning the World Cup 3 times in succession, and yet are still considered 7th.
I would agree if F1 was was a spec series, but F1 performance is largely dependent upon the car. Lewis Hamilton in a WIlliams won't win any races. Vettel only dominated when he had the best car and a distant number 2 teammate.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

No it wouldn't be like that at all and it's not saying the sport is bullshit. An era is an era. I know you have a hard-on for F1 but overrated could mean anything from I don't think he is the best ever to I think he was absolutely shite.

I see Takuma Sato won the Indy 500 recently. He got an F1 podium about 50 years ago :thumbup:
Fruit and Nutt

Post by Fruit and Nutt »

Vettel was fast in the Newey cars. Then in 2014 his form dropped off a cliff and he's never got it back. Your analogy to a rugby team is rubbish. A much better comparison would be somebody like the golfer David Duvall who was brilliant for about 3/4 years at the end of the 1990s. He won loads of PGA titles plus The Open and became the official world number one. Then in the early 2000s he started missing cuts and his ranking plummeted. He's never won a thing since.

It happens to some sportsmen, they are good for a short period, win a lot and then it goes, whatever 'it' is for them. Vettel is finished, he'll be no better in an Aston Martin than he was in a Ferrari, likely worse in fact as the older he gets the worse he's getting.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Wolff could be going to Racing Point as well. Lets see what happens over the next few weeks
ElementFreak

Post by ElementFreak »

mdaclarke wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:36 pm

I would agree if F1 was was a spec series, but F1 performance is largely dependent upon the car. Lewis Hamilton in a WIlliams won't win any races. Vettel only dominated when he had the best car and a distant number 2 teammate.
Except in 2010 and 2012 Alonso was right there on his tail. He needed to deliver performances and did so. I am not saying he is the GOAT, but to write him off as some sub-average driver is wrong. For two of his championships he was in a hell of a fight and manged to get it done.
mdaclarke

Post by mdaclarke »

ElementFreak wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:04 am

Except in 2010 and 2012 Alonso was right there on his tail. He needed to deliver performances and did so. I am not saying he is the GOAT, but to write him off as some sub-average driver is wrong. For two of his championships he was in a hell of a fight and manged to get it done.
Not saying he is crap (far from it) no world champion is, but his legacy has definitely been tarnished since 2014. I think your point about Alonso, says more about Alonso than Vettel. In my opinion Alonso has far more talent than Vettel. I would put Vettel on a par with Hill and Villeneuve, very good but not great drivers.

For me the peak of f1 was the late 80s and early 90s. Piquet, Mansell, Prost, Senna 4 truly great drivers.
Brabus

Post by Brabus »

ElementFreak wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:57 am https://twitter.com/soymotor/status/130 ... 68614?s=21

Ferrari livery for this weekend.
Flyin Ryan

Post by Flyin Ryan »

Then why is the European ladder formula racing entirely based on teams extracting millions of euros out of drivers for the tiny chance of these drivers to race in a series where they have minimal effects on results? Why is there so much navel gazing about drivers' careers going around the grid when the real stars are faceless engineers? Why don't the well heeled teams have engineers on development deals instead of drivers?

At some point in the near future a Lance Stroll type or an Arab royal billionaire is going to buy the best car (because the history of auto racing shows pretty clearly that manufacturers come in and then go out), win the title, and it's going to show to the casual racefan how this shit really works.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Everyone knows how it works, the fans fill stadium all over the world, they don’t care.
Flyin Ryan

Post by Flyin Ryan »

bimboman wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:20 am Everyone knows how it works, the fans fill stadium all over the world, they don’t care.
No they don't. Where's the film at that tells the truth about what auto racing is? It sure as hell is not Le Mans, Grand Prix, or Winning. It's not even Rush. Ford versus Ferrari is a good story about how manufacturer mano a mano rivalry works, which you only ever see at Le Mans and it's not even all that common.

I love auto racing. Always have. But modern-day big league auto racing is more or less a gigantic fraud. If it's not a fraud, how else can a 4-time champion be considered overrated as a driver?
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Flyin Ryan wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:58 am
bimboman wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:20 am Everyone knows how it works, the fans fill stadium all over the world, they don’t care.
No they don't. Where's the film at that tells the truth about what auto racing is? It sure as hell is not Le Mans, Grand Prix, or Winning. It's not even Rush. Ford versus Ferrari is a good story about how manufacturer mano a mano rivalry works, which you only ever see at Le Mans and it's not even all that common.

I love auto racing. Always have. But modern-day big league auto racing is more or less a gigantic fraud. If it's not a fraud, how else can a 4-time champion be considered overrated as a driver?

WWE for engineers?
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

By that logic anyone who thinks Ronaldo is overrated thinks he is shit. I think you a tosser but you are not stupid so you must be trolling. You keep coming on this thread slagging F1 off but the people on this thread are fans. You dickhead.
Flyin Ryan

Post by Flyin Ryan »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:41 pm

By that logic anyone who thinks Ronaldo is overrated thinks he is shit. I think you a tosser but you are not stupid so you must be trolling. You keep coming on this thread slagging F1 off but the people on this thread are fans. You dickhead.
from my Unofficial Rules of Auto Racing I published here in February 2018. Where has the truth that applies here ever been put out in public?
1. Auto racing is not, nor has it even been, a “fair” sport.
3. European auto racing is a white-collar sport. American auto racing is a blue-collar sport. Japanese auto racing is a corporate sport.
4. The sport revolves around money (for a candy-coated version of this truth, see the film Speed Racer). But auto racing commentators are barred from acknowledging this when discussing why certain drivers lacking talent are in the field or why a Formula One race is taking place in Azerbaijan.
6. Age requirements to participate do not apply if you are the son of a former driver.
7. Talent requirements to participate do not apply if you are the son of a former driver.
8. Talent requirements do not exist at all if the driver provides funding for the car, the crew, the travel, the owner’s wife and girlfriend(s), etc.
10. All Formula One teams are equal, but some Formula One teams are more equal than others.
20. The year-end results and standings of European junior racing formulas are 90% irrelevant to determining the drivers that get promoted to higher auto racing series.
61. Technical rules are set by whichever manufacturer can strong arm the sanctioning body best via money paid and threats to leave if they don’t get their way.
73. Almost every Japanese driver in a European or North American racing series is there by request of a Japanese car manufacturer, or their father owns Panasonic.
Friend of mine I knew from sportscar racing I did some freelance design work for a racecar he had was a documentary filmmaker in his day job. I told him once "someday someone is going to make a movie that tells the truth about auto racing". He said he'd make that movie but only after he won, that way he couldn't be accused of sour grapes.

I've always had this idea in my head of having a movie that focuses on the backmarkers to tell a brutally honest story of what auto racing is. I think it would play very well with the zeitgeist of this current era. My idea was to focus on 3 or so guys that are struggling to make the field of the Indy 500. Say the character archetypes are the fallen veteran star (Jean Alesi type end of his career), a young rookie, and a European or Japanese ride buyer, because that would all be 100% realistic. You could maybe add a 4th driver who is there because they're a marketing gimmick (black minority or female driver, although that'd probably be touchy to handle in a screenplay). However, it would talk honestly about money's influence in the sport and how it drives literally all considerations. You can talk about a team struggling to get by on funds, the fallen veteran star is replaced by the ride buyer which allows the doors to stay open. The sponsor forcing a driver change to the gimmick driver otherwise they'll quit being a sponsor. You can talk about the top teams and how they stack the deck via rules and controlling access to cars/engines/parts (which has come to F1 now that the Racing Point is really a Mercedes, the Haas is really a Ferrari). You could do the Schumacher/Barrichello or Stroll/every junior formula driver he teamed with story of one driver was not allowed to beat his teammate because of "reasons". There's a ton of stuff you could do. Would it be flattering no, but it would all be based on real-life.

But saying Vettel is an overrated driver when he was deemed by the FIA to be World Driving Champion 4 times in a row simply undermines the sanctity of the competition as far as being credible. You can't make that argument and simultaneously state Formula One is a credible competition for drivers. Teams and cars, sure. But fans don't pay attention to the Constructors Trophy.
Fruit and Nutt

Post by Fruit and Nutt »

Flyin Ryan wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:46 pm But saying Vettel is an overrated driver when he was deemed by the FIA to be World Driving Champion 4 times in a row simply undermines the sanctity of the competition as far as being credible. You can't make that argument and simultaneously state Formula One is a credible competition for drivers. Teams and cars, sure. But fans don't pay attention to the Constructors Trophy.
Of course you can say it. Vettel was good for 4 years but even in a very dominant car he still had a number of incidents during that winning-streak that suggested his composure under pressure was suspect. Turns out that those suspicions were justified and he's been utterly dominated by Hamilton ever since.