All things Rugby
AlanBengio

Re: F1 Thread

Post by AlanBengio »

Fruit and Nutt wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:56 pm
AlanBengio wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:27 pm
terryfinch wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:56 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:55 am
AlanBengio wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:47 am https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/54259817
Domenicali to head F1
Ferrari to have a sudden and unexplained huge increase in straight line speed next year.
Yep. The corruption goes on and on and on and.......
It has more to do to the fact that Italy is one of the cradles of motorsport since the beginning of that, and you have many qualified people involved into it
Let's talk about cradles...

British F1 teams;

Mercedes
Red Bull
Mclaren
Renault
Racing Point
Williams

Lotus
March
Lola
Brabham
Reynard
BRM

British F1 engine suppliers

Ilmor (Mercedes)
Cosworth
Hart
Judd

The list of British F2, F3, FF teams etc etc etc is vast.
Sorry who said you are not?
Keith

Post by Keith »

AlanBengio wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:33 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:57 pm

Ferrari to have a sudden and unexplained huge increase in straight line speed next year.
It has more to do to the fact that Italy is one of the cradles of motorsport since the beginning of that, and you have many qualified people involved into it
Do you think it was right that the governing body did a secret deal with Ferrari rearding their cheating last year
It may well be Ferrari is the only team not cheating on the engine right now because of that
:lol:
terryfinch

Post by terryfinch »

AlanBengio wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:29 pm
AlanBengio wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:47 am https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/54259817
Domenicali to head F1
Edit: and factories - from Ferrari to Alfa to Alphatauri to main kart producers, bunch of F2 and F3 teams etc ending with Dallara just to mention something
Then how come I can Probably walk faster than a Ferrari F1 car?
AlanBengio

Post by AlanBengio »

terryfinch wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:23 pm

Edit: and factories - from Ferrari to Alfa to Alphatauri to main kart producers, bunch of F2 and F3 teams etc ending with Dallara just to mention something
let me think... maybe because a Ferrari F1 car has no legs?
Flyin Ryan

Post by Flyin Ryan »

AlanBengio wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:39 pm
terryfinch wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:23 pm

let me think... maybe because a Ferrari F1 car has no legs?
He's got you there Terry.
Wendigo7

Post by Wendigo7 »

Why are we arguing over something that is fairly trivial*?

(*A very important position being a merry go round for Ferrari employees to maintain power over the sport. Not malevolent, but rather suspicious at best.)
Newsome

Post by Newsome »

What a shite track. Literally the most exciting thing about that race was a driver receiving a penalty.
af73

Post by af73 »

Followed by the inevitable Hamilton moan about how everyone is out to get him. :roll:

Here's a thought;
The rules are there for all to see and follow - try reading and observing them?
Just because you are the dominant team/driver, they shouldn't be applied to you?
Don't moan, complain and float conspiracy theories when they are.

"They are trying to stop me" was his quote after the race. In the past he has added 'maybe it's because I'm black'.

The FIA have removed the licence points penalty as a concession but added "our door is always open if he wants to discuss any issue"
Which sounds a bit like stop bitching to the media and scooter yourself up to the office & front up like grown up.
Macrosan

Post by Macrosan »

af73 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:22 pm Followed by the inevitable Hamilton moan about how everyone is out to get him. :roll:

Here's a thought;
Just because you are the dominant team/driver, they shouldn't be applied to you?

"They are trying to stop me" was his quote after the race. In the past he has added 'maybe it's because I'm black'.

The FIA have removed the licence points penalty as a concession but added "our door is always open if he wants to discuss any issue"
Which sounds a bit like stop bitching to the media and scooter yourself up to the office & front up like grown up.
His outbursts during and after the race (like blaming the team for calling him in too early) were a bit much - his team had a near perfect result. The lack of charges in the Brionna Taylor case may have freaked him out. Methinks he needs to visit the room of mirrors, pull down his dacks, bend-over, and have a good hard look at himself.
AlanBengio

Post by AlanBengio »

Albon is a joke of a driver, and Russell will struggle to get any third driver contract for Mercedes if he does not improve his game either.
Very disappointed the way he always handles races in the end
piquant

Post by piquant »

Macrosan wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:18 am
af73 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:22 pm Followed by the inevitable Hamilton moan about how everyone is out to get him. :roll:

Here's a thought;

His outbursts during and after the race (like blaming the team for calling him in too early) were a bit much - his team had a near perfect result. The lack of charges in the Brionna Taylor case may have freaked him out. Methinks he needs to visit the room of mirrors, pull down his dacks, bend-over, and have a good hard look at himself.
His team were the ones who told him where to do his practice starts, which doesn't scream perfect race. On him not wanting to come in his team might have had information about his tyres Hamilton did not, all Hamilton was saying is he felt his pace was good enough and even that started with a delayed audio clip from earlier in the race. After the race basically the only comment from Hamilton I heard, and granted I don't tend to listen to the post race waffle, was simply he'd take his points and move on.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Macrosan wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:18 am

Here's a thought;

What did he say after the race ?
Glaston

Post by Glaston »

He also said this following on from what Af quoted.

"I don't necessarily think it's for me. Whenever a team is at the front, they are under a lot of scrutiny. Everything we have on our car is being triple checked and triple checked. They are changing rules, such as the engine regs. Lots of things to keep the racing exciting, I assume."

but he is still a bit of a whiny twat.
tcc_dc

Post by tcc_dc »

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... 4V6s0.html

Honda leaving after 2021...wonder which way Red Bull goes? Verstappen still with them?
Flyin Ryan

Post by Flyin Ryan »

tcc_dc wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:09 pm https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... 4V6s0.html

Honda leaving after 2021...wonder which way Red Bull goes?
Desperately finding an engine partner not named Mercedes, Ferrari, or Renault. :lol:
Fruit and Nutt

Post by Fruit and Nutt »

tcc_dc wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:09 pm https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... 4V6s0.html

Honda leaving after 2021...wonder which way Red Bull goes? Verstappen still with them?

Red Bull look screwed.
Flyin Ryan

Post by Flyin Ryan »

By the way, "Car manufacturer does in auto racing what car manufacturers in auto racing always do. News at 11."

I've read elsewhere that Renault could be forced by the sport's rules to take on Red Bull/Alpha Tauri, which firms up Red Bull's need while not satisfying them at all either. A Red Bull-Renault package probably leads to Verstappen saying "I'm out of here", which then means Red Bull is back to the upper midfield further behind Mercedes. Also read Red Bull has a contract to stay in the sport until 2025, but without finding a new engine partner, forced back to one you had an ugly public divorce and burned the bridge saying they were too slow, losing your driver that is considered at worst top 3 in the sport at the moment, would you stay in? Red Bull right now is looking at a 2022 season with a Renault engine and a driver lineup of Albon/Gasly.

Most plausible scenario is Red Bull stays in with Renault and a budget cut from Corporate, they lose Verstappen, and Alpha Tauri disappears or is sold off in a fire sale.
AlanBengio

Post by AlanBengio »

Formula One being Formula One, I miss the times where evolution comes forme the species itself and was not brought by above to follow different purposes than “going faster than your opponents”.
There was a time when Formula One teams, being the pinnacle of Motorsport, Always would come out with ideas to go faster than their opponent - and then the other teams would follow or come up with different ideas as well.
Engine placed behind... six wheels... ground effects and v16 v12 v10... alternative wings... turbo and those crazy people who put the engine of an airplane behind Brabham once.
Now this revolution was brought by above - and the goal is “going green; saving fuel”
Etc etc

No more evolution come from the species. No one brings ideas to go faster than their opponents
And this is going to kill Formula One in the end

The thing Ferrari allegedly did last year - when they researched the way to go faster than Mercedes - may be ironically the last “Formula One thing” anyone had ever tried in the sport, to go faster than Mercedes
But Ferrari is Formula One basically - and the others are there just to sell cars

(Rant over)
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

The thing Ferrari allegedly did last year - when they researched the way to go faster than Mercedes - may be ironically the last “Formula One thing” anyone had ever tried in the sport, to go faster than Mercedes
But Ferrari is Formula One basically - and the others are there just to sell cars

They cheated Alain, the “research” was the spectacular discovery of Burning oil as fuel at selected times....
AlanBengio

Post by AlanBengio »

:proud:
bimboman wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:58 am

They cheated Alain, the “research” was the spectacular discovery of Burning oil as fuel at selected times....
There’s a lot of sense in what I said and you know it
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

AlanBengio wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:41 am Formula One being Formula One, I miss the times where evolution comes forme the species itself and was not brought by above to follow different purposes than “going faster than your opponents”.
There was a time when Formula One teams, being the pinnacle of Motorsport, Always would come out with ideas to go faster than their opponent - and then the other teams would follow or come up with different ideas as well.
Engine placed behind... six wheels... ground effects and v16 v12 v10... alternative wings... turbo and those crazy people who put the engine of an airplane behind Brabham once.
Now this revolution was brought by above - and the goal is “going green; saving fuel”
Etc etc

No more evolution come from the species. No one brings ideas to go faster than their opponents
And this is going to kill Formula One in the end

(Rant over)
Meanwhile in the real world track records have been broken again and again this season
Fruit and Nutt

Post by Fruit and Nutt »

AlanBengio wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:03 pm :proud:

Ferrari cheated. That's not a sustainable plan to beating Mercedes.

Post by 4071 »

Fruit and Nutt wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:22 pm
AlanBengio wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:03 pm :proud:

Ferrari cheated. That's not a sustainable plan to beating Mercedes.
It's better than whatever their current plan is....
ZuluBoy

Post by ZuluBoy »

German GP this weekend
The mercs and Max for podium a no brainer
by what about positiond 4-10 ?
Red bull in 4 ?
Then McClaren Norris
6 Racing Point Perez
7 Renault Dan Ric
8. Ferrari Le Clerc
9 Alpha Touri Gasly
10 Racing Point Stroll
what you think on 4-10 ?
Fruit and Nutt

Post by Fruit and Nutt »

ZuluBoy wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:29 pm German GP this weekend
The mercs and Max for podium a no brainer
by what about positiond 4-10 ?
Red bull in 4 ?
Then McClaren Norris
6 Racing Point Perez
7 Renault Dan Ric
8. Ferrari Le Clerc
9 Alpha Touri Gasly
10 Racing Point Stroll
what you think on 4-10 ?

It should be a good track for Red Bull as it has plenty of slow and medium corners. Weather will likely be cold and good chance it'll be wet as well.

Hamilton is the best driver in the wet followed closely by Verstappen so expect those two to drive away from everyone else if it is wet. Norris is good in the wet as well. Expect Vettel to drive his Ferrari into the weeds if there's a sniff of moisture about.
Wendigo7

Post by Wendigo7 »

Kimi you dick. Russell lining up Vettel and you come from nowhere with huge space and punt him off.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Sort of feel sorry for. Bottas but at least he f**ked his own race before his car broke on him
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Albon has been so bad he could be sacked today
Wendigo7

Post by Wendigo7 »

Poor race from him.

Lando or Danny Ric for 3rd?
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

They've retied Albon. Hope there was something wrong with the car
nardol

Post by nardol »

That's the end of Albon.

Switched by next GP.
Wendigo7

Post by Wendigo7 »

Ah all 3 youngsters out. One punted off, one's car has literally packed up on him and Albon was awful today.

Lando doing a Nando with chilling there...
Yer Man

Post by Yer Man »

4071 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:22 pm
Fruit and Nutt wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:22 pm Ferrari cheated. That's not a sustainable plan to beating Mercedes.
It's better than whatever their current plan is....
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbup:
Rugby2023

Post by Rugby2023 »

Newsome

Post by Newsome »

Any news on Albon?
mabunch78

Post by mabunch78 »

Rugby2023 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:44 am Image
That's missing two asterisks, the one by Hamilton's '6' that states he threw two away, and the one by Schumacher's '7' that states he cheated to get his first one...
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Newsome wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:01 am Any news on Albon?
After Red Bull pulled Albon from the race they said it as an engine issue. It's been confirmed though that there was no mention from driver or team over the radio about any engine issues and at the time he came in he had asked for yet another set of tyres after another incident where he locked up and ruined his tyres.

In an interview before the race he said a good result would be 4th. I thought you must be joking and both Herbert and Rosberg slagged him off for his lack of ambition.

I heard Brundle suggest Hulkenberg could fill any vacancy at Red Bull.
Turch17

Post by Turch17 »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:46 am
In an interview before the race he said a good result would be 4th. I thought you must be joking and both Herbert and Rosberg slagged him off for his lack of ambition.

What shocked me was a Team Radio message when he said something like "they race me so hard", complaining that apparently the Alpha Tauri weren't let him pass easily. Brundle then said "welcome to Formula1". I was really surprised, what was he expecting? He has the 2nd best car in F1, all other drivers want to show that they deserve that car more than him.
Even Vettel f**ked up his race trying to pass Giovinazzi
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Turch17 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:35 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:46 am

What shocked me was a Team Radio message when he said something like "they race me so hard", complaining that apparently the Alpha Tauri weren't let him pass easily. Brundle then said "welcome to Formula1". I was really surprised, what was he expecting? He has the 2nd best car in F1, all other drivers want to show that they deserve that car more than him.
Even Vettel f**ked up his race trying to pass Giovinazzi
He is getting a lot of stick for that comment but I'm guessing that when he drove for that team he wasn't allowed to give Red Bull drivers such a hard time.
Turch17

Post by Turch17 »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:43 am
He is getting a lot of stick for that comment but I'm guessing that when he drove for that team he wasn't allowed to give Red Bull drivers such a hard time.
That can be a good explanation, but maybe at the time RB was kicking their ass week in and week out. Now Gasly and Kvyat don't see Albon as a faster driver than them. If it was Verstappen they might let him pass and not waste time racing him, but they honestly think they are at Albon's level and they can finish in front of him.