Extinction Rebellion

All things Rugby
Glaston

Extinction Rebellion

Post by Glaston »

Any one taking part?

Sounds like they are really teeing off commuters.

and that tit on Sky News :lol: :lol:
danny_fitz

Re: Extinction Rebellion

Post by danny_fitz »

I'm on the eurostar tomorrow afternoon, if any of those c*nts get in my way I shall most upset.

Have only seen photos of the demos, no live footage but they generally look like the same shower of professional crusty f*ckers who rock up to all these Occupy/Reclaim the Streets/May Day etc events
Last edited by danny_fitz on Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Sun God

Post by The Sun God »

Glaston wrote:Any one taking part?

Sounds like they are really teeing off commuters.

and that tit on Sky News :lol: :lol:
Pretty sure he posts here..!
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

One of their wankers was discussed here in an overlapping topic just now:

http://forum.planetrugby.com/viewtopic. ... 8&start=40
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

They are also the world's worst dancers.

At least they will not breed.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

So they're saying the world is on the verge of extinction.

Really?????? :roll:
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Looks like they're coming to Dublin on Friday.
happyhooker

Post by happyhooker »

iarmhiman wrote:Looks like they're coming to Dublin on Friday.
Flying???
Glaston

Post by Glaston »

300 arrests

Not quite gilet jaune

So many white people, where is John Snow?
The Man Without Fear

Post by The Man Without Fear »

Glaston wrote:300 arrests

Not quite gilet jaune

Too busy banging his aunt.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

happyhooker wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:Looks like they're coming to Dublin on Friday.
Flying???
They can't can they??? That means they'll be getting the boat tomorrow.

Wait until they realise most of us have Good Friday off so they won't be disrupting much
message #2527204

Post by message #2527204 »

More anarcho-syndicalist revolutionaries with momentum backing.
Some wag signed me up for their newsletter.
slick

Post by slick »

I support what they are doing, it’s the only way to make decision makers listen.

Plus, I just walked round the one in Edinburgh
Enzedder
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Post by Enzedder »

Not quite gilet jaune

Up in Manchester fighting the army of the dead
happyhooker

Post by happyhooker »

Enzedder wrote:

Not quite gilet jaune

Up in Manchester fighting the army of the dead
As of 2 hours ago he was in my local pub
SamShark

Post by SamShark »

slick wrote:I support what they are doing, it’s the only way to make decision makers listen.

David Schneider made a good point earlier today, contrasting people's shock and dissapointment seeing Notre Dame burn, but the indifference to the slow motion effects of climate change which dont have the chance to create that moment of shock and dissapointment.

I haven't followed this story much - and like anyone else would be pissed off if I missed a flight or something - but I'm generaly supportive of action to get this issue on the map. What will it take to make people take it seriously?

As mass migration is one of the likely future consequences you'd think it would be an issue that would interest left and right.
mdaclarke

Post by mdaclarke »

SamShark wrote:
slick wrote:I support what they are doing, it’s the only way to make decision makers listen.

David Schneider made a good point earlier today, contrasting people's shock and dissapointment seeing Notre Dame burn, but the indifference to the slow motion effects of climate change which dont have the chance to create that moment of shock and dissapointment.

I haven't followed this story much - and like anyone else would be pissed off if I missed a flight or something - but I'm generaly supportive of action to get this issue on the map. What will it take to make people take it seriously?

As mass migration is one of the likely future consequences you'd think it would be an issue that would interest left and right.
Agreed, but if they go too far and be too disruptive all they will do is piss people off so much that they think F**K you F**K your cause.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

I assume you never fly for example ?

Anyway one thought (nicked from twitter), why don’t we just leave the super glued ones where they are, check on them in a few days.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

bimboman wrote:

Anyway one thought (nicked from twitter), why don’t we just leave the super glued ones where they are, check on them in a few days.
Be difficult when one wants a shit
tiddle

Post by tiddle »

mdaclarke wrote:
SamShark wrote:

Agreed, but if they go too far and be too disruptive all they will do is piss people off so much that they think F**K you F**K your cause.
It's only by being disruptive that you get people's attention though.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Mick Mannock wrote:
bimboman wrote:

Be difficult when one wants a shit

Not our problem.
mdaclarke

Post by mdaclarke »

tiddle wrote:
mdaclarke wrote:
SamShark wrote:

It's only by being disruptive that you get people's attention though.
Agreed but I said too far and too disruptive.
JM2K6

Post by JM2K6 »

Mildly inconveniencing people is not too far.
jambanja

Post by jambanja »

SamShark wrote:

So you're supportive...as long as it doesn't inconvienience you in any way, hmm wonder why these things never really work?
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

jambanja wrote:
SamShark wrote:

So you're supportive...as long as it doesn't inconvienience you in any way, hmm wonder why these things never really work?

The issue with protests is they are actually an ineffective method of getting political change, they mostly make the protesters feel good about themselves.
jambanja

Post by jambanja »

eldanielfire wrote:
jambanja wrote:
SamShark wrote:

The issue with protests is they are actually an ineffective method of getting political change, they mostly make the protesters feel good about themselves.
Agreed, that and protesting somethig is not the same as offering a viable alternative, something these people are usually very quiet on
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Let us also not forget the stupidity of protesters protesting in a way to stop public transport. You know public transport, the more environmental method of living your life when you travel.
Harden up!!!

Post by Harden up!!! »

Mick Mannock wrote:They are also the world's worst dancers.

They morris dance?
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

Harden up!!! wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:They are also the world's worst dancers.

They morris dance?
They pansy-haka
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

eldanielfire wrote:Let us also not forget the stupidity of protesters protesting in a way to stop public transport. You know public transport, the more environmental method of living your life when you travel.
I wonder if their Luddism extends to avoiding smart phones, the manufacture of which is a massive polluter
Insane_Homer

Post by Insane_Homer »

Can't muster any sympathy for their method, pissing almost everyone else off isn't a good plan.

I would presume a disproportionate number of them are are Veggie types, which would go a long way to explaining their behaviour.

As for those that glued themselves to the trains, environmentally friendly glue is not very useful is it?
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

Insane_Homer wrote:Can't muster any sympathy for their method, pissing almost everyone else off isn't a good plan.

I would presume a disproportionate number of them are are Veggie types, which would go a long way to explaining their behaviour.
Doubtless you are correct. I wonder if any of them have considered super gluing themselves to German wind farm rotors in an attempt to save the insect population.
The Sun God

Post by The Sun God »

Mick Mannock wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:Let us also not forget the stupidity of protesters protesting in a way to stop public transport. You know public transport, the more environmental method of living your life when you travel.
I wonder if their Luddism extends to avoiding smart phones, the manufacture of which is a massive polluter
Don't be silly....how could they possibly survive without virtue signaling on Twatter or Instaorgasism .

Time to get the water cannons out.
The Man Without Fear

Post by The Man Without Fear »

What about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about what about SQUIRREL!
odave

Post by odave »

If you think a bit of civil disobedience to force action against the biggest threat to all life on earth is disruptive you're going to struggle to comprehend the continued effect of climate change and the 6th great extinction.
Insane_Homer

Post by Insane_Homer »

They should be gluing themselves to the sides of this...

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... on-problem
The Harmony, owned by Royal Caribbean, has two four-storey high 16-cylinder Wärtsilä engines which would, at full power, each burn 1,377 US gallons of fuel an hour, or about 66,000 gallons a day of some of the most polluting diesel fuel in the world.

But marine pollution analysts in Germany and Brussels said that such a large ship would probably burn at least 150 tonnes of fuel a day, and emit more sulphur than several million cars, more NO2 gas than all the traffic passing through a medium-sized town and more particulate emissions than thousands of London buses.
Last edited by Insane_Homer on Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

odave wrote:If you think a bit of civil disobedience to force action against the biggest threat to all life on earth is disruptive you're going to struggle to comprehend the continued effect of climate change and the 6th great extinction.

There demands are in 6 years we stop all flights, change 26 million homes heating systems and ban 38 million cars from the roads. They’re demanding this in the UK which has cut CO2 emissions by 25% in a decade and produces well under 1% of global total.

China add our reduction every 6 months .

They should protest in China , not bankrupt the UK.
BBC 2

Post by BBC 2 »

Don't feed them
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

The Sun God wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:
Don't be silly....how could they possibly survive without virtue signaling on Twatter or Instaorgasism .

Time to get the water cannons out.
Yup.