Salanya

Re: Kidney Out.

Post by Salanya »

Kidney smiling on tv, saying he knows why we lost.... :x
waguser

Post by waguser »

Minnosu wrote:
waguser wrote:Earls made two great breaks but I can't help feel that he should have offloaded or passed at least one of them

I doin't think he has the vision or composure to play 13
13 was not the problem today
no

certainly not

But I think the problems run very deep

worst 6 nations in 10 years
danthefan

Post by danthefan »

JAT wrote:The dude won you a grand slam. Don't be like us Welsh who have a history of tossing out the coach at the slightest hint of poor play.

Slightest hint :lol: :lol: :lol:
lorcanoworms

Post by lorcanoworms »

Mr. Very Popular wrote:How was Kidney to blame for Court being absolute shit?
Court does not get any time at tight head at all,you know nothing shut the fudge up.
Last edited by lorcanoworms on Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

danthefan wrote:
JAT wrote:The dude won you a grand slam. Don't be like us Welsh who have a history of tossing out the coach at the slightest hint of poor play.

He's got a point. Look how Wales are reaping the rewards of sticking by Warren Gatland. Saying that I think Gatland is completely involved with Welsh Rugby, including developing players, cooridinating with the regions etc. So they knew he was improving things for the long term and the results are really showing now. I ahve no idea if Kidney is doing anything like all that work in Ireland.
JAT

Post by JAT »

danthefan wrote:

Hey his 6N record is comparable with Gatlands over the same time frame.
Mr. Very Popular

Post by Mr. Very Popular »

lorcanoworms wrote:
Court does not get any time at tight head at all,you now nothing shut the fudge up.
So was kidney supposed the bring Healy across?stupid thing to say.

And the word you're looking for is Know.
ZW03

Post by ZW03 »

Mr. Very Popular wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:Putting on TOL and taking off Reddan was discraceful. The fact is that those England scrums came from the result of shite TOL passes.

I'm sick of Kidney and his parochialism. We need a new foreign coach as it's impossible for an Irish coach to be impartial these with the provincial rivalries.
Which parochialism is this?
The one that started more Leinster players than the players from his home province
Can anyone here name different players that should have been involved?
If we can find a coach that can magic up players I'm all for him.

For TOL - Literally anybody but him who is irish qualified and has pro rugby experience. He is utterly dreadful

For Darcy - Sexton at 12 is madness, utter madness. he wouldn't even be an ML standard IC. He may be a mediocre OH at international level but that puts him a notch above ROG as an outhalf on current form. There are a number of 12's who could not do any worse than how these guys have done there recently - paddy, mcfadden.

For ROG - He is past his sell by date and is of no use to ireland anymore, that much is completely obvious and should have be shown the door after the world cup. But he got a contract till 2013 :lol: :blush:
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

The man has been promoted way beyond his paygrade.

What are his stats for the past two seasons ?
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

ZW03 wrote:
Mr. Very Popular wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:Putting on TOL and taking off Reddan was discraceful. The fact is that those England scrums came from the result of shite TOL passes.

I'm sick of Kidney and his parochialism. We need a new foreign coach as it's impossible for an Irish coach to be impartial these with the provincial rivalries.
The one that started more Leinster players than the players from his home province

For TOL - Literally anybody but him who is irish qualified and has pro rugby experience. He is utterly dreadful

For Darcy - Sexton at 12 is madness, utter madness. he wouldn't even be an ML standard IC. He may be a mediocre OH at international level but that puts him a notch above ROG as an outhalf on current form. There are a number of 12's who could not do any worse than how these guys have done there recently - paddy, mcfadden.

For ROG - He is past his sell by date and is of no use to ireland anymore, that much is completely obvious and should have be shown the door after the world cup. But he got a contract till 2013 :lol: :blush:
Add to this DOC, and his reluctance to look at any second row that isn't from Munster.
lorcanoworms

Post by lorcanoworms »

Mr. Very Popular wrote:
lorcanoworms wrote:
Court does not get any time at tight head at all,you now nothing shut the fudge up.

Court is a loosehead now he is all we have,Healy can't manage loosehead how in the name of god do you think he will manage the far more difficult th spot
waguser

Post by waguser »

JAT wrote:
danthefan wrote:

Hey his 6N record is comparable with Gatlands over the same time frame.
kidney is a conservative manager at a time when we need to be bringing new players through
no coaching genius.

Ireland will stagnate unless we get someone like schmidt in.

bringing Thomas o'leary in and rog in was the epitomy of stagnant backward thinking defeatism.

Time for a clear out
Luckycharmer

Post by Luckycharmer »

IBWT wrote:Doesn't seem like he's going anywhere. Interviewer didn't even ask him was he considering his position.
We need Sinead Kissane back to ask the hard questions.
Kidinme can you please fudge off!!
Mr. Very Popular

ZW03 wrote:
Mr. Very Popular wrote:

Oh look great reasoning

ToL only other option with experience available was Stringer
12 I'll agree on that and have said so all along
RoG- the gulf in class down to Madigan/keatley doesn't even make this an option.
Zodiac

Post by Zodiac »

waguser wrote:Earls made two great breaks but I can't help feel that he should have offloaded or passed at least one of them

Thats a very lazy opinion waguser.
You are just playing to the stereotype that Earls can't pass.
From his two breaks today,He had no support for the first one and had English defenders tracking for the second one.

Our best player along with Kearney,Best and Ferris.
Zodiac

Post by Zodiac »

Mr. Very Popular wrote:
ZW03 wrote:
Mr. Very Popular wrote:

Oh look great reasoning

RoG- the gulf in class down to Madigan/keatley doesn't even make this an option.
What about Isaac Boss?
Mr. Very Popular

lorcanoworms wrote:
Mr. Very Popular wrote:
lorcanoworms wrote:

Court is a loosehead now he is all we have,Healy can't manage loosehead how in the name of god do you think he will manage the far more difficult th spot
That's why I asked -was Healy supposed to move across?- Court we've been told by Ulster boys is our best back up because he can play both sides

I can't wait for Botha vs Court on Easter Sunday.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

Mr. Very Popular wrote:
ZW03 wrote:
Mr. Very Popular wrote:

Oh look great reasoning

TOL : Why weren't Boss and Marshall on standby ? TOL is not good enough for AIL at this stage.
ROG _ Is now a hasbeen who kicked all our possession away badly when he came on. I'd honestly take Madigan or even Keatley over him.

Sexton is not a centre, McFadden is.

Kidney is a poor coach who got lucky with Munster and has been trying to replicate that ever since.
waguser

Post by waguser »

Zodiac wrote:

From his two breaks today,He had no support for the first one and had English defenders tracking for the second one.

I know it's an unfair comparison but I could almost visualise BOD checking and passing for the first and offloading for the second.

Anyway earls is way down the list and was not at fault for today.

TOL I felt really sorry for.
It was awful seeing him play so badly.

Our propping issue is of unbelievable proportions now.
lorcanoworms

Post by lorcanoworms »

waguser wrote:
Zodiac wrote:

I know it's an unfair comparison but I could almost visualise BOD checking and passing for the first and offloading for the second.

Buckley to tour.
ZW03

Post by ZW03 »

waguser wrote:
Zodiac wrote:

BOD wouldn't have made either of those breaks.
alliswell

Post by alliswell »

was TOL brought on for an injury? that's the only thing that would excuse that substitution. the man should never have even been on the bench. bringing O'Gara on and putting Sexton at 12 is also a stupid move as many have pointed out. why have McFadden if the only position he's covering is wing.
Salanya

Post by Salanya »

alliswell wrote:was TOL brought on for an injury? that's the only thing that would excuse that substitution. the man should never have even been on the bench. bringing O'Gara on and putting Sexton at 12 is also a stupid move as many have pointed out. why have McFadden if the only position he's covering is wing.
Same situation as with Paddy. Apparently he was covering for 10 and fullback in previous years. But now that we needed a 12 and back-up in the centres, he was nowhere near the squad. I disagree with Kidney on his conservatism, but I can understand what he's doing. With the centres, halfbacks and the substitutions I really have no idea why he makes the decisions he makes.
JM2K6

Post by JM2K6 »

I thought O'Gara was the right call in those conditions. Sexton was doing nothing and England were dropping a lot of ball.
Blackrock Bullet

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

Kidney has a track record of inconsistent play right back to Munster. He gets his team up for the odd 'big' game then has them playing like toothless fuckers the rest of the time.
waguser

Post by waguser »

ZW03 wrote:
waguser wrote:
Zodiac wrote:

BOD wouldn't have made either of those breaks.
not anymore

fair cop gov
waguser

Post by waguser »

alliswell wrote:was TOL brought on for an injury? that's the only thing that would excuse that substitution. the man should never have even been on the bench. bringing O'Gara on and putting Sexton at 12 is also a stupid move as many have pointed out. why have McFadden if the only position he's covering is wing.
I think it was tactical

jesus wept
fisgard792

Post by fisgard792 »

the fickle brothers out in force again,

can you guys ever make up your minds, you flip flop quicker than a retreating irish scrum
etherman

Post by etherman »

I really think he should go. There seems to be zero vision in his management. At a time where every other team in the 6 nations has managed to bring young players into their team with positive effect we seem to be going backward in this regard. You can make the argument that the players aren't coming through, but I don't believe that. Much too much emphasis has been put on experience, which as was shown today is a much over rated commodity if those experienced players continually make bad decisions. I'd much rather have the likes of POM giving away a naive penalty through lack of experience than DOC through being f**king stupid. One player will learn in this scenario, the other won't. I,d much rather have mcFadden make mistakes at 12 that he may learn from, than Darcy through declining ability and form.

Take Cuthbert at Wales. Got caught out in his first start defensively. He is now probably a better player for it. The Welsh management were willing to risk rookie errors for the betterment of their young talent. Why not take the same risk with a Zebo, MCFadden, Marshall, Toner, etc etc.

As today showed, we have little to lose and much to gain.
Bogbunny

Post by Bogbunny »

etherman wrote:I really think he should go. There seems to be zero vision in his management. At a time where every other team in the 6 nations has managed to bring young players into their team with positive effect we seem to be going backward in this regard. You can make the argument that the players aren't coming through, but I don't believe that. Much too much emphasis has been put on experience, which as was shown today is a much over rated commodity if those experienced players continually make bad decisions. I'd much rather have the likes of POM giving away a naive penalty through lack of experience than DOC through being f**king stupid. One player will learn in this scenario, the other won't. I,d much rather have mcFadden make mistakes at 12 that he may learn from, than Darcy through declining ability and form.

Take Cuthbert at Wales. Got caught out in his first start defensively. He is now probably a better player for it. The Welsh management were willing to risk rookie errors for the betterment of their young talent. Why not take the same risk with a Zebo, MCFadden, Marshall, Toner, etc etc.

FFS Ether knee jerk reactions after our worst 6N in 10 years (are 11 and 10 the next worst?) will do us no good.

However 09.05 Monday morning in Phillip Brown's office will be soon enough for the resignation sacking
earl the beaver

Post by earl the beaver »

etherman wrote: Why not take the same risk with a ... Toner, etc etc.
Because he's gash.
etherman

Post by etherman »

Bogbunny wrote:
etherman wrote:I really think he should go. There seems to be zero vision in his management. At a time where every other team in the 6 nations has managed to bring young players into their team with positive effect we seem to be going backward in this regard. You can make the argument that the players aren't coming through, but I don't believe that. Much too much emphasis has been put on experience, which as was shown today is a much over rated commodity if those experienced players continually make bad decisions. I'd much rather have the likes of POM giving away a naive penalty through lack of experience than DOC through being f**king stupid. One player will learn in this scenario, the other won't. I,d much rather have mcFadden make mistakes at 12 that he may learn from, than Darcy through declining ability and form.

FFS Ether knee jerk reactions after our worst 6N in 10 years (are 11 and 10 the next worst?) will do us no good.

However 09.05 Monday morning in Phillip Brown's office will be soon enough for the resignation sacking
Just for accuracy, I made an almost identical post to the above before the 6n training squads were announced. This 6N was a perfect opportunity to bring through a new generation. We had little pressure and expectation on us. If anything we know less about our squad of players now than we did at the start. Now THAT is poor management.
etherman

Post by etherman »

earl the beaver wrote:
etherman wrote: Why not take the same risk with a ... Toner, etc etc.
Because he's gash.
DOC gash or regular gash?
P.T.

Post by P.T. »

Disgusting ingratitude towards Kidney from The Mick. He is the man that has done most for Irish Grand Slams in history, with the exception of Hitler.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

Just back after a decent feed in The Wild Goose Grill, and some thought and discussion with my son.

In the first half our kicking game was very good and at least got us field position. So 5 minutes into the second half what does Kiddenme do ? He replaces the half backs, and the new pair proceed to put Ireland under extreme pressure through absolutely crap kicking - straight outs, dinks straight to the English midfield etc.

This was a tactical decision straight down to Kidney, and it cost Ireland the match.

He took one player off, and changed the position of another, both of whom were playing well; and replaced them with two from his old Munster comfort blanket, that proceeded through their decisions and execution, to give the game to England.

For that alone Kiddinme deserves to be sacked/
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

Thinking about it, since the start of last years 6N, Kidney has probably had this cohort of players longer than their provinces. Yet we have 3 provinces in the quarters of the HEC, and likely two in the semis; yet when they get all that Ireland training they turn to shit.

People excused Kidneys crap back play saying that he was a forward oriented coach.

Well, after today, the Emperor has no clothes at all, at all.
Mr. Very Popular

Are you honestly trying to say D'arcy was playing well?
fishfoodie

Post by fishfoodie »

Porterbelly1 wrote:Heaslip, O Callaghan, O Leary, O Gara and Da'rcy can fudge off with Kidney as well.
Don't agree with putting Heaslip in that list. He's having a dip in form for Ireland, but it's not like he's 84 with a bad cough, there's plenty of time for him to sort himself out. Drop him by all means, but just to apply the Bishop Brennan sized kick up the hole, use that as an incentive for him to improve.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

Mr. Very Popular wrote:Are you honestly trying to say D'arcy was playing well?
Me ? No.

He played better than Sexton did at centre though.

WTF is McFadden doing in the squad, if you're not going to use him at centre ?

Why not Wallace ?

This spectacular implosion is all of Kidneys making, I'm afraid.
waguser

Post by waguser »

Blaming players is besides the point
Deccie is making a balls of the job.

end of