Rik Mayall

All things Rugby
Dunnikin Diver

Rik Mayall

Post by Dunnikin Diver »

No doubt those also home on a Saturday before Christmas will know this, but BBC2 have a Rik Mayall session tonight starting right now with Bob/Flasheart in Blackadder II
jdogscoop

Re: Rik Mayall

Post by jdogscoop »

:thumbup:
Dobbin

Post by Dobbin »

strange to have a tribute programme with no input from edmondson
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

Has anyone seen the final film he made before his death?

https://www.facebook.com/onebyonethemovie/

MungoMan

Post by MungoMan »

Mick Mannock wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:44 am Has anyone seen the final film he made before his death?

https://www.facebook.com/onebyonethemovie/

Saw the thread title and thought, bugger me he must be dead. (Didn’t notice the date of the OP, tbh).
booji boy

Post by booji boy »

Rick: This house will become a shrine, and punks and skins and rastas will all gather round and hold their hands in sorrow for their fallen leader. And all the grown-ups will say: "But why are the kids crying?" And the kids will say: "Haven't you heard? Rik is dead! The People's Poet is dead!"

:((
Tussock

Post by Tussock »

Always made me laugh... particularly in The New Statesman. I knew he had a bad motorcycle accident years ago and thought he passed away... but had to check a couple of weeks ago.
sorCrer

Post by sorCrer »

Was one of my favorites. I still have DVD's of all the BOTTOMs including the stage shows. I still snigger when I think of the Gas Man episode.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Dobbin wrote: Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:59 am strange to have a tribute programme with no input from edmondson
Agreed. I wonder why they didn't get him?
fatcat

Post by fatcat »

How come he's starring in a film about a Zoom meeting? I thought he died quite a few years ago.
Azlan Roar

Post by Azlan Roar »

booji boy wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:37 am Rick: This house will become a shrine, and punks and skins and rastas will all gather round and hold their hands in sorrow for their fallen leader. And all the grown-ups will say: "But why are the kids crying?" And the kids will say: "Haven't you heard? Rik is dead! The People's Poet is dead!"

do you understand nothing?

How can Rick be dead when we still have his poems?
booji boy

Post by booji boy »

Azlan Roar wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:53 pm
booji boy wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:37 am Rick: This house will become a shrine, and punks and skins and rastas will all gather round and hold their hands in sorrow for their fallen leader. And all the grown-ups will say: "But why are the kids crying?" And the kids will say: "Haven't you heard? Rik is dead! The People's Poet is dead!"

do you understand nothing?

How can Rick be dead when we still have his poems?
:D :thumbup:
Frodder

Post by Frodder »

Crop rotation in the 14th century was much more widespread........
ScarfaceClaw

Post by ScarfaceClaw »

Frodder wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:24 pm Crop rotation in the 14th century was much more widespread........
After John.
booji boy

Post by booji boy »

ScarfaceClaw wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:32 pm
Frodder wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:24 pm Crop rotation in the 14th century was much more widespread........
After John.
I knew it I bloody knew it!
simon7

Post by simon7 »

Considerably more...
booji boy

Post by booji boy »

simon7 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:57 am
Considerably more...
Crop rotation in the 14th century was CONSIDERABLY more widespread ...... after ..... 1172.
Newsome

Post by Newsome »

I remember my mum hating me for watching Bottom as a young lad.

There's an episode where his (Richie Richard) legs are in casts, and at the end of the episode Eddie Hitler's mates throw Richie in the air and his casts shatter into pieces.

The sound and the look on Rick's face...that was a real pant-wetting moment.
Newsome

Post by Newsome »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnyYKwXJCgc

12 minutes of farts and fighting
Ted.

Post by Ted. »

Newsome wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:36 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnyYKwXJCgc

12 minutes of farts and fighting
:lol: :lol: :lol:
simon7

Post by simon7 »

Newsome wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:35 am I remember my mum hating me for watching Bottom as a young lad.

There's an episode where his (Richie Richard) legs are in casts, and at the end of the episode Eddie Hitler's mates throw Richie in the air and his casts shatter into pieces.

The brutal beating of the poor Gas man was probably the funniest moment in the Bottom series for me
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

I’ve posted my Globus/ night on the beer with Rik Mayall before (may have been the old bored?) but what a throughly nice bloke he was and an absolute scream.

In short I was on a works night out and one of the lads spotted Rik and went straight up to him with the “Rik! Mate! How you doing? Let me get you a beer!”

We’re all dumbstruck, Rik gets the drink and joins us for the whole evening.

My pal says to Rik later on “...so how do you know Nigel?” He says “I don’t, just seemed a laugh to join in!”

Maybe had to be there :( but it was funny. I’m crap at typing stories.
sorCrer

Post by sorCrer »

simon7 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:04 am
Newsome wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:35 am I remember my mum hating me for watching Bottom as a young lad.

The brutal beating of the poor Gas man was probably the funniest moment in the Bottom series for me
"You don't get bus conductors on the roof" :lol:
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Same for me. I also always love that fight over the chess game. Eddie's talk to the camera while he keeps slamming Richies head with the fridge door cracks me up every time. Likewise when they tape that guy to the ceiling. Also the fact Eddie ahs an emergency pint on him on the Ferris wheel. :lol:
johnstrac

Post by johnstrac »

eldanielfire wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:08 pm

Same for me. I also always love that fight over the chess game. Eddie's talk to the camera while he keeps slamming Richies head with the fridge door cracks me up every time. Likewise when they tape that guy to the ceiling. Also the fact Eddie ahs an emergency pint on him on the Ferris wheel. :lol:
Ferris wheel is the best ever.
Gynormus

Post by Gynormus »

Dobbin wrote: Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:59 am strange to have a tribute programme with no input from edmondson
Maybe he i stuck on the roof of his Notting Hill pad?
Have to agree thats odd ur post
Davedj77

Post by Davedj77 »

Rik Mayall is in my top 5 funniest people all time. His facial expressions alone were hilarious.
Bottom had some great moments, definitely agree about the Gasman.
One of my favorite bits was this, "Sellotape the sausage to the fridge!" :lol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEXolN0LiW0
shanky

Post by shanky »

“Dear Mr Echo…”. :lol:

RIP legend :thumbup:
booji boy

Post by booji boy »

DragsterDriver wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:25 am I’ve posted my Globus/ night on the beer with Rik Mayall before (may have been the old bored?) but what a throughly nice bloke he was and an absolute scream.

In short I was on a works night out and one of the lads spotted Rik and went straight up to him with the “Rik! Mate! How you doing? Let me get you a beer!”

We’re all dumbstruck, Rik gets the drink and joins us for the whole evening.

My pal says to Rik later on “...so how do you know Nigel?” He says “I don’t, just seemed a laugh to join in!”

Maybe had to be there :( but it was funny. I’m crap at typing stories.
You did all right mate. Sounds awesome. :thumbup:

Would have loved to have met him in such circumstances. I was a massive fan. Favourite character on the Young Ones, Bottom and The New Statesman was also superb. A sad loss at such a young age.
sturginho

Post by sturginho »

Left in high spirits to indulge in my hobby of bus surfing....
sorCrer

Post by sorCrer »

Richie: Well... I'm still all in favour of eating him. I mean, it doesn't matter about the gas problem, we could have him cold. :lol: (The way Eddie looks at Richie here)

Eddie: I don't like the look of him.

Richie: Well that's not a problem - we'll sellotape a picture of Sue Carpenter over his face. You'd soon tuck in then, wouldn't you! I know I would.