Post your facebook friends tedious status updates*

All things Rugby
Jay Cee Gee

Post your facebook friends tedious status updates*

Post by Jay Cee Gee »

A guy I went to university with: "Just watched Definitely, Maybe. Such an awesome movie!"

*bonus points if it's from a PR poster
herb

Re: Post your facebook friends tedious status updates*

Post by herb »

Don't get me started.

I de-friended an oxygen thief a few years ago for sharing: "I was going to bake a cake today but i've only got 2 eggs!"
Jay Cee Gee

Post by Jay Cee Gee »

herb wrote:Don't get me started.

I de-friended an oxygen thief a few years ago for sharing: "I was going to bake a cake today but i've only got 2 eggs!"
My fragile ego doesn't permit me to de-friend people, I couldn't take my friend tally being reduced.
Chuckles1188

Post by Chuckles1188 »

"OMG seriously can't believe the Twilight series is over! :(( "

Instant removal from my friends list for that one
Last edited by Chuckles1188 on Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dumbledore

Post by Dumbledore »

What do I do on a Thursday night when rehearsal gets canceled? Pickle some backyard-grown cauliflower with backyard-grown Meyer lemon slices. ‪#‎food‬ ‪#‎foodie‬ ‪#‎urbanfarming‬ ‪#‎pickling‬ ‪#‎cauliflower‬ ‪#‎diy‬ ‪#‎homegrown‬ ‪#‎yum‬
Beat that.
Raggs

Post by Raggs »

My dad got upset when I defriended him, even though he barely used it, now I have to suffer his English Russia bollocks.

My niece (half niece I guess) managed to pester me into readding her, only to once again send candy crush requests, found I could block the requests, so managed to get round that one.

Have a few other family members asking to be friends, ignoring them since I have no doubt it will be a flood of inanity.

I prune my friends list every now and then from the people who'd I'd not be interested in having a pint with any more, and genuinely don't care about what their dog just did.
blindcider

Post by blindcider »

Raggs wrote:My dad got upset when I defriended him, even though he barely used it, now I have to suffer his English Russia bollocks.

My niece (half niece I guess) managed to pester me into readding her, only to once again send candy crush requests, found I could block the requests, so managed to get round that one.

Have a few other family members asking to be friends, ignoring them since I have no doubt it will be a flood of inanity.

I prune my friends list every now and then from the people who'd I'd not be interested in having a pint with any more, and genuinely don't care about what their dog just did.
Just unfollow them. It means that they are still friends, just you don't see their nonsense unless they message you directly.
Raggs

Post by Raggs »

blindcider wrote:
Raggs wrote:My dad got upset when I defriended him, even though he barely used it, now I have to suffer his English Russia bollocks.

Just unfollow them. It means that they are still friends, just you don't see their nonsense unless they message you directly.
If I'm not interested in their nonsense surely it's easier to simply unfriend? I guess family can get offended, bastards. They will still be able to send me silly requests though right?
karahi

Post by karahi »

I'm not in a position to complain. My own are mindbogglingly tedious. I compensate by making vitriolic and bitchy comments on my friends' walls.
Dumbledore

Post by Dumbledore »

you know you've been writing academically for too long when the phrase "competing ideologies" makes you excited. I need to finish writing this terrible thing.
I need better friends.
Uncle Fester

Post by Uncle Fester »

Parents and social media are not a good mix.
bobbity

Post by bobbity »

I'd guess I've unfollowed about 10-15 friends for vaguebooking etc. I've only got one or two really prolific status updaters left now, and they tend to be quite interesting.
Last edited by bobbity on Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bobbity

Post by bobbity »

Uncle Fester wrote:

Parents and social media are not a good mix.

In-laws are possibly worse.

I regularly see a friend of mine getting into debates with her FIL. He's a full on conspiracy theorist, and also a Mormon.
normilet

Post by normilet »

"Starting using those wee emoticons and I now know what I was missing out on 😬 :P 😎"

"All this sculpting pumpkins nonsense . Tim dog just sticks to sculpting the guns :P 8) "
Gwenno

Post by Gwenno »

How do I survive wothout it?
karahi

Post by karahi »

I will complain about one bloke, who I knew for a few years in my youth but didn't have much in common with, but who seems to come in a package with one of my oldest friends who I do want to stay in contact with.

He posts non-stop UKIP propaganda. x(
L. Ron Hubbard

Post by L. Ron Hubbard »

Dumbledore wrote:
What do I do on a Thursday night when rehearsal gets canceled? Pickle some backyard-grown cauliflower with backyard-grown Meyer lemon slices. ‪#‎food‬ ‪#‎foodie‬ ‪#‎urbanfarming‬ ‪#‎pickling‬ ‪#‎cauliflower‬ ‪#‎diy‬ ‪#‎homegrown‬ ‪#‎yum‬
Beat that.
#winning

Although I just saw one posted by a guy of his puppy dogs wearing twin cardigans with this statement:

The girls have new jumpers #cutepuppies

:|
Homer

Post by Homer »

'So angry right now. Grrrr.'

Cue lots of girls posting....'What's wrong?', 'Hope you're OK', 'Be strong' etc.

Attention whoring of the worst kind.
Witchfinder General

Post by Witchfinder General »

anyone sending games request or posting psuedoscience shit gos onto the blocked list.
normilet

Post by normilet »

"Is there anywhere you can buy sweet potatoes already cut up or blanched it's a really long process I'm too lazy to do it"
Gazzamonster

Post by Gazzamonster »

I have unfriended a couple of folk for constantly sharing posts from organisations like Britian First. They think they are being very socially aware but infact coming across as dipsh+t bigots.

I also hit the smite button with a friend who wrote this – Just had my mini painted pink and put eyelashes on the headlights #ilovebeingagirl #girlygirl #prettiestcarintheworld
happyhooker

Post by happyhooker »

karahi wrote:I will complain about one bloke, who I knew for a few years in my youth but didn't have much in common with, but who seems to come in a package with one of my oldest friends who I do want to stay in contact with.

just block them from your feed ffs

see that little arrow at the top right of their post, click on that and there's options up there. the one i use if i don't want to cause offence is unfollow xxxx
sewa

Post by sewa »

The campaigning types are awful. Share if you want to help beat disease XYZ or the water charges bollixes. The worst though is a female friend posting non stop updates on cleaning her house or the ironing.

The best is a gorgeous Israeli girl who is a part time model who puts up her own / her friends photoshoots
Big Nipper

Post by Big Nipper »

Have they sorted the Darfur crisis yet?

Haven't seen much campaigning on my facebook feed lately.
DragonKhan

Post by DragonKhan »

Seneca of the Night wrote:How stupid do you have to be to accept an invite from your parents.
I love over seas so all the pictures and videos I post on Facebook of my kids is the easiest way for my parents to see them
karahi

Post by karahi »

My cousin's wife posted a status update to inform us that they'd just buried their daughter's placenta under a peach tree. x(

f**king Californians. :x
hp18

Post by hp18 »

MTFU the lot of you.
karahi

Post by karahi »

happyhooker wrote:
karahi wrote:I will complain about one bloke, who I knew for a few years in my youth but didn't have much in common with, but who seems to come in a package with one of my oldest friends who I do want to stay in contact with.

just block them from your feed ffs

see that little arrow at the top right of their post, click on that and there's options up there. the one i use if i don't want to cause offence is unfollow xxxx
Cheers. Will do that.
karahi

Post by karahi »

hp18 wrote:MTFU the lot of you.
You man up. Give us some dirt on your mates. :x
Chuckles1188

Post by Chuckles1188 »

karahi wrote:My cousin's wife posted a status update to inform us that they'd just buried their daughter's placenta under a peach tree. x(

f**k Californians. :x
:lol: :lol:
Dumbledore

Post by Dumbledore »

L. Ron Hubbard wrote:
Dumbledore wrote:
Beat that.
#winning

Although I just saw one posted by a guy of his puppy dogs wearing twin cardigans with this statement:

The girls have new jumpers #cutepuppies

:|
#urbanfarming is the worst hashtag ever. Fact.
Salad juice. In my bag. Everywhere.
karahi

Post by karahi »

Chuckles1188 wrote:
karahi wrote:My cousin's wife posted a status update to inform us that they'd just buried their daughter's placenta under a peach tree. x(

Worst thing was that this was about 6 months after the birth. They'd been keeping the f*cking thing in the freezer, waiting for the big day.
Chuckles1188

Post by Chuckles1188 »

karahi wrote:
Chuckles1188 wrote:

Worst thing was that this was about 6 months after the birth. They'd been keeping the f*cking thing in the freezer, waiting for the big day.
What big day was that then?
Cartman

Post by Cartman »

I absolutely hate how women compete with each other to have the most interesting timeline
karahi

Post by karahi »

Chuckles1188 wrote:
karahi wrote:
Chuckles1188 wrote:

What big day was that then?
Whichever day hippies consider to be auspicious for burying placentas. Duh.
globus

Post by globus »

Thank the Lord I'm not any part of this.
Openside

Post by Openside »

karahi wrote:I'm not in a position to complain. My own are mindbogglingly tedious. I compensate by making vitriolic and bitchy comments on my friends' walls.

I have never made a status update in my life, I am just rude and sarky about other peoples (Mainly Southern Softies :D )
karahi

Post by karahi »

Openside wrote:
karahi wrote:I'm not in a position to complain. My own are mindbogglingly tedious. I compensate by making vitriolic and bitchy comments on my friends' walls.

I have never made a status update in my life, I am just rude and sarky about other peoples (Mainly Southern Softies :D )
Yeah, I think we've all been rude about Softie. Sometimes I feel bad about it, but then I remember that he deserves it.
Chuckles1188

Post by Chuckles1188 »

karahi wrote: Whichever day hippies consider to be auspicious for burying placentas. Duh.
Fair enough, I was wondering if they had explained the "logic" behind it, but apparently not.
Openside

Post by Openside »

karahi wrote:
Openside wrote:

Yeah, I think we've all been rude about Softie. Sometimes I feel bad about it, but then I remember that he deserves it.
:nod: :nod: :nod: :lol: :lol: :lol: