American Cops behaving Badly (All inclusive thread)

All things Rugby
OptimisticJock

Re: American Cops behaving Badly (All inclusive thread)

Post by OptimisticJock »

JM2K6 wrote:Qualifying for the Heineken Cup is enough
Close as I'll get.
Mr Mike

Post by Mr Mike »

OptimisticJock wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:Qualifying for the Heineken Cup is enough
Close as I'll get.
Have you tried internet dating?
Spyglass

Post by Spyglass »

Mr Mike wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:
Spyglass wrote:Yes, NATO uses Full Metal Jacket (FMJ) rounds, it's a general agreement between the worlds military's (although the US is now going to use 9mm Jacketed Hollow Points (JHP) in their service pistols). FMJ has better penetration through objects and since assault rifles are full auto you aren't as worried about max damage with a single round as you'll likely have multiple hits.

FMJ are much cheaper than JHP so most people use FMJ at the range and JHP for self defense.
I thought actually using full auto was pretty rare? I seem to remember reading something a few years back about how even the M16's burst mode wasn't that useful, and fully auto on the M4 was essentially a sop to gun manufacturers and military top brass rather than anything that'd get regular usage.
The Faklands conflict was an interesting study in that as both sides had the FN FAL, but the British had a semi option vs the Argentinian full auto. The story goes that the rifle in full auto was almost unmanageable, giving British forces a significant advantage. Others may have more facts.
Yes I read that too. The fire selector On the full auto also gives you the option of single shot semi auto, but I’d imagine that the poorly trained Argentinian conscripts preferred the spray and pray approach....
Spyglass

Post by Spyglass »

OptimisticJock wrote:
Mr Mike wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:
Spyglass wrote:Yes, NATO uses Full Metal Jacket (FMJ) rounds, it's a general agreement between the worlds military's (although the US is now going to use 9mm Jacketed Hollow Points (JHP) in their service pistols). FMJ has better penetration through objects and since assault rifles are full auto you aren't as worried about max damage with a single round as you'll likely have multiple hits.

FMJ are much cheaper than JHP so most people use FMJ at the range and JHP for self defense.
I thought actually using full auto was pretty rare? I seem to remember reading something a few years back about how even the M16's burst mode wasn't that useful, and fully auto on the M4 was essentially a sop to gun manufacturers and military top brass rather than anything that'd get regular usage.
The Faklands conflict was an interesting study in that as both sides had the FN FAL, but the British had a semi option vs the Argentinian full auto. The story goes that the rifle in full auto was almost unmanageable, giving British forces a significant advantage. Others may have more facts.
Thats always the story I've been told by the old and bold. I imagine it was slightly cheaper to manufacture the SLR without a fully automatic option too.

JM is right in regards to rifles being used on fully automatic. Clearing a dug in position (after posting grenades) is nearly the only time I recall being taught to use it other than 2 to 3 round bursts when suppressing the enemy. Other weapon systems are generally used for the latter.
I think it’s basically the same gun but without the full auto fire selector option, the British choice was more to do with the cost of ammo....

Agree with the comments regarding the accuracy and effectiveness of assault rifles on full auto, although they are more controllable these days with 5.56 ammo and muzzle brakes
Spyglass

Post by Spyglass »

Mr Mike wrote:
OptimisticJock wrote:
Mr Mike wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:
Spyglass wrote:Yes, NATO uses Full Metal Jacket (FMJ) rounds, it's a general agreement between the worlds military's (although the US is now going to use 9mm Jacketed Hollow Points (JHP) in their service pistkols). FMJ has better penetration through objects and since assault rifles are full auto you aren't as worried about max damage with a single round as you'll likely have multiple hits.

Thats always the story I've been told by the old and bold. I imagine it was slightly cheaper to manufacture the SLR without a fully automatic option too.

JM is right in regards to rifles being used on fully automatic. Clearing a dug in position (after posting grenades) is nearly the only time I recall being taught to use it other than 2 to 3 round bursts when suppressing the enemy. Other weapon systems are generally used for the latter.
That, and celebrating weddings or World Cup wins of course.
You forgot New Year and the 4th of July around here too 🙄
Mr Mike

Post by Mr Mike »

FWIW this is where I first hear that piece of trivia. Jump to the 19 minute mark.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W60-EusN95Q
Ted.

Post by Ted. »

eldanielfire wrote:Bret Weinstein with anexcellent analysis of the whole issue from Joe Rogan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NR7gDJGFW5A
He's not up to Sneaker's standards, that's for sure.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/0 ... a-schools/

Hurray the book burning will start soon.
bessantj

Post by bessantj »

bimboman wrote:https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/0 ... a-schools/

That story is dated 12 FEBRUARY 2018.
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

bessantj wrote:

That's bimbo's average reaction time tbf.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

bessantj wrote:

Thanks.
Short Man Syndrome

Post by Short Man Syndrome »

Hmmm... racist Bimbo upset by removal of racist things... colour me shocked.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Short Man Syndrome wrote:

Everybody should be upset at the book burning ...... oh, sorry you’re a fascist aren’t you.
Mr Mike

Post by Mr Mike »

Hadn’t really thought about it being because if any deep seated racial prejudices I may harbor, but I’m a little unsettled about “To Kill a Mockingbird” getting that kind of treatment. I had always thought it a wonderfully hopeful book with terrific messages.

Pleased to see some jurisdictions are still allowing students to study it, with parental consent. Perhaps being forbidden fruit may encourage more people to actually read it.

The number of people who would have had prejudices challenged as a result of studying that text, or seeing Peck’s Atticus staring down a lynch mob, must run into the millions. The simplicity of Atticus’s messages to his daughter.
Do you defend n*****s, Atticus?” I asked him that evening.

“Of course I do. Don’t say n*****s, Scout. That’s common.”

“’s’what everybody at school says.”

“From now on it’ll be everybody less one”
bessantj

Post by bessantj »

It should also be noted that those books were not banned from the school, just removed from the syllabus, they were still available in the school library. And only then for certain aged students, the other students will, apparently, still have it on their curriculum.
Margin_Walker

Post by Margin_Walker »

Reports of stabbings and possible fatalities at an incident in a BLM event in Reading
mdaclarke

Post by mdaclarke »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... -zone-chaz

Apparently the police were chased away. Who will investigate and bring the shooters to justice.

When dreams meet with reality.
fatcat

Post by fatcat »

mdaclarke wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... -zone-chaz

Apparently the police were chased away. Who will investigate and bring the shooters to justice.
Maybe Raz Simone. I believe he's the de facto judge, jury and executioner of Seattle's new garden town. With a bit of luck he'll rap the whole process and put it on YT.
Uncle Fester

Post by Uncle Fester »

Kiwias wrote:
Raggs wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:I think lawfully it does give cop a licence to use deadly force.
It bloody well shouldn't. The charges he was arrested on should not have qualified police to shoot him. Did they genuinely fear for the lives of the public or officers if he got away? If not, don't shoot, surely.

I mean, anyone running away may own a firearm at home, so surely every person running from the cops needs to be shot and killed on that standard?
Is that the final question on the application form to join the Atlanta PD?
And does it really take over 40 mins to "process" a drunk lad who fell asleep in his car?
BokJock

Post by BokJock »

Mr Mike wrote:

Hadn’t really thought about it being because if any deep seated racial prejudices I may harbor, but I’m a little unsettled about “To Kill a Mockingbird” getting that kind of treatment. I had always thought it a wonderfully hopeful book with terrific messages.

Pleased to see some jurisdictions are still allowing students to study it, with parental consent. Perhaps being forbidden fruit may encourage more people to actually read it.

The number of people who would have had prejudices challenged as a result of studying that text, or seeing Peck’s Atticus staring down a lynch mob, must run into the millions. The simplicity of Atticus’s messages to his daughter.

totally agree - To Kill a Mockingbird is a wonderful book, and it's message is obviously anti-racist.
Deadtigers

Post by Deadtigers »

TKaM has a great message and the idea of a black man being railroaded is nothing new.
Fangle

Post by Fangle »

BokJock wrote:
Mr Mike wrote:

totally agree - To Kill a Mockingbird is a wonderful book, and it's message is obviously anti-racist.
As is Huck Finn in that the way he perceives and treats Jim goes through the process of seeing as a servant and lesser human, to realizing that he is in every way as good, if not better that Huck. But small-minded people only use the first part of the book to criticize it.
Yourmother

Post by Yourmother »

Fark. I only just watched the Floyd arrest. I feel sick. The absolute psycho of a cop.
Yourmother

Post by Yourmother »

Wow, that’s some steel to take that aggression.

https://youtu.be/2_DpLd1Rba8
Last edited by Yourmother on Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paddyor

Post by paddyor »

Yourmother wrote:Fark. I only just watched the Floyd arrest. I feel sick. The absolute psycho of a cop.
The jogger getting lynched is worse.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

Anybody post the video of the black woman in Lomdon berating the police for searching a lad and then they pull out a carving knife.

Funny as fúck
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

paddyor wrote:
Yourmother wrote:Fark. I only just watched the Floyd arrest. I feel sick. The absolute psycho of a cop.
Those hillbillies are gonna die in prison.
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

Mullet 2 wrote:Anybody post the video of the black woman in Lomdon berating the police for searching a lad and then they pull out a carving knife.

Funny as fúck
gwan and post it.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

paddyor wrote:
This is him in an encounter with the police from a couple of years ago. I was surprised the cop went to tase him . He was lucky because if the taser had worked he would probably have been charged with assaulting a police office and resisting arrest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMchhkdUNI0
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Thomas wrote:
paddyor wrote:
Those hillbillies are gonna die in prison.
Death row
AnkleTap

Post by AnkleTap »

Floppykid wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:Anybody post the video of the black woman in Lomdon berating the police for searching a lad and then they pull out a carving knife.

Funny as fúck
gwan and post it.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11640749/ ... ger-masks/

tbf they should have masks
Slim 293

Post by Slim 293 »

AnkleTap wrote:
Floppykid wrote:

Funny as fúck
gwan and post it.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11640749/ ... ger-masks/

tbf they should have masks

Also, 16 May...
Deadtigers

Post by Deadtigers »

I swear this is a good faith question. Why is it illegal to carry a knife in London? Because if it's not illegal then why the cops stopped the young man.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

Deadtigers wrote:I swear this is a good faith question. Why is it illegal to carry a knife in London? Because if it's not illegal then why the cops stopped the young man.
Because people.stab each other with them
Rinkals

Post by Rinkals »

Deadtigers wrote:I swear this is a good faith question. Why is it illegal to carry a knife in London? Because if it's not illegal then why the cops stopped the young man.
I think it depends on the knife.

I was stopped and searched in London (Kensington) and they were very interested in my swiss-army pocketknife, but they let us go after a few questions. That would have been about 1985.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Rinkals wrote:

I was stopped and searched in London (Kensington) and they were very interested in my swiss-army pocketknife, but they let us go after a few questions. That would have been about 1985.
I think any knife that locks into place is also illegal no matter how short the blade
Basic laws on knives
It’s illegal to:

sell a knife to anyone under 18, unless it has a folding blade 3 inches long (7.62 cm) or less
carry a knife in public without good reason, unless it has a folding blade with a cutting edge 3 inches long or less
carry, buy or sell any type of banned knife
use any knife in a threatening way (even a legal knife)
BlackMac

Post by BlackMac »

Rinkals wrote:

Its legal to carry a knife if the blade is under 3 inches long and doesn't have a lockable blade. Some other specific types with spring loaded blades and other characteristics are also illegal.

Apologies Anon, you beat me to it.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Much in the same way you aren't allowed guns in the UK, because stupid criminal people do violent things with them. Also there is literally no need to carry around a 6 plus inch knife in your jacket or bag in a city. This doesn't apply to scout pen knives and the like.