American Cops behaving Badly (All inclusive thread)

All things Rugby
Santa

Re: American Cops behaving Badly (All inclusive thread)

Post by Santa »

How dare people ask for evidence. We should just accept assertions. To do otherwise is a diversion.
Sonny Blount

Post by Sonny Blount »

https://twitter.com/Publicola17/status/ ... 8008255489

1/ Woke anti-racism is child abuse.
My family is living the antithesis of
@thomaschattwill
's Self Portrait in Black and White. And I fear it may damage my children irrevocably.
Let me explain…

2/ I’m white, my wife’s black. When we met, we “saw each other’s race,” but we didn’t think that was the most interesting thing about us. We foolishly thought our children would be part of a post-racial future, in which all Americans could just be human beings to one another.

3/ Then came Trump. I decided I should try to learn more about my fellow citizens, who I now realized were completely opaque to me. In contrast, my wife decided she was at war with an immutably white supremacist America.

4/ My wife began to read authors like Nikole Hannah Jones and Michael Harriot. She had a "racial awakening," concluding that she'd been "inauthentically black" all her life.

5/ My wife came to think that her mind—trained in exclusive private schools and in two Ivy League institutions for a BA and a PhD—had been “colonized.” She's come to think she owes her success to being “the right kind” of black woman...

6/ ...an inauthentic and “white-acting” black woman who is “non-threatening” to “white spaces.” Most disturbing, she's reinterpreted her 5 decades of life—in which she only ever had one very mild story of a microaggression—as a history of brutal, grinding racial oppression.

7/ Deep beneath her inauthentic “white” acculturation is an oppressed black woman, struggling for freedom. This is what racial grievance entrepreneurs like NHJ have done to my wife's mind. What she's doing, in turn, to the minds of our small children makes my blood run cold.

8/ My wife is teaching our children that America hates them and wants to kill them b/c they're black. Rather than take the birth of our children—ambiguous, innocent, raceless little creatures—as an opportunity to rethink the oppressive American race ideology...

9/ ...and not hand it down to a new generation, my wife got “woke” after Trump and doubled down on anti-racist racial essentialism. Here are three hair-raising stories.

10/ First story: she regularly explains to our kids that the police want to kill black people. Blacks are people police like to kill, and always have been. They will keep using the pretext that they get "scared" when unarmed black people reach into cars, like Jacob Blake...

11/ ...or steal police tasers, like Rayshard Brooks, as long as using that pretext allows them to keep killing black people w/ impunity. That's what she told our children, who by plantation logic, are among the black population that the police go out hoping to kill every day.

12/ Second story: she told our kids that Kyle Rittenhouse, like so many whites, hates black people and wants to kill black people, so he went to a BLM protest and opened fire. When I asked, in a neutral way, why she thought Rittenhouse had shot those people, she became upset...

13/ ...and stormed out of the house, not to return for 3 hours. The “obvious” answer is that Rittenhouse is a white supremacist (I don't think she even knows that he shot only white people). Any probing beyond this self-evident axiom is too triggering to indulge.

13a/ (BTW I have no defense of Rittenhouse, a confused, stupid kid, whose foolishness and apparent criminal behavior led to his needless killing of two people.)

14/ Third story: We drove by a poster that said "Ahmaud" w/ a pic of Arbery. Daughter: "Who's that?" Wife: "That's a black man who was killed." My 7-yr-old daughter, now trained to think white people hate and want to kill black people like her, went straight to the inference...

15/ "Oh, so they killed him because they hate black people?"

My daughter needed no further information to infer that a black man who had been killed was killed because "they hate black people."

16/ This is bad enough, but what’s worse is that my wife is training her to see herself as one of these universally hated black people, whom everyone wants to kill. Let the implications of that for my girl's soul, for the ease with which she will encounter her world, sink in.

17/ My wife wants her to “inherit the wound,” as I've heard
@thomaschattwill
say, when she should inherit nothing but joy, love, and a sense of her own endless potential in a world that will reward her for her beauty and brilliance, not punish her for "hatred" of her blackness.

18/ Why does my wife want our kids to “inherit the wound”? I suspect it's because, due to her parents' successes, who fought the Civil Rights battles of the ‘60s and became a surgeon & a teacher, she never inherited the wound herself, and has come to feel “inauthentically black."

19/ After all, NHJ and Coates are always telling her how traumatized she should be just because she's black in America. So, she has come to believe that only when she viscerally feels the wound that all black people are supposed to feel, will she herself be "authentic."

20/ My wife’s father told me he’s glad his daughter, and Obama too, come from the post-Civil Rights generation, because they did not acquire his “black rage.” This is why Obama could be elected, he said, and why race was never important to his daughter, my wife ...till now.

21/ Newly desiring to feel the wound, but not able to authentically experience it due to a life of untroubled privilege, she's living vicariously through her kids, trying to inflict the wound upon them. Maybe if she can't be an authentically wounded black person, they can?

22/ Like a father who pushes his son into sports in which he could not excel himself, she's pushing her children into a racial grievance that she has read about in books and in the NYTimes but has never had a chance to experience for herself.

23/ The only viable alternative to this child abuse that I've seen is in the writing of
@thomaschattwill
. The alternative my 80-year-old father-in-law offered is as bad as my wife's plan. He said he's happy his grandkids will identify as white, so they will never have to feel...
Sonny Blount

Post by Sonny Blount »

24/...the sense of inherent worthlessness compared to whites that he felt coming of age in the Jim Crow south. His revelation of his own wound saddened me immeasurably. This proud surgeon's scars bears witness to the country America used to be.

25/ But my father-in-law's solution—a binary solution, and the only one this black man from another era could come up with—is as bad as my wife’s. I don’t want my children to identify as white any more than as black.

26/ I want them to be deeply aware of the complex and difficult, but also often beautiful, histories behind their parental lineages. But I pray they identify into neither blackness nor whiteness, for each of these legacies is heavy, the one with pain and the other with guilt.

27/ I want them to be the generation that at last transcends the limiting and soul-destroying American “skin game.” I want them not to identify but to empathize deeply with all the complexities of their heritage, without being limited by the trauma and shame it would impose.

28/ To me, that's how we can at last become simply fellow citizens, simply fellow humans, to one another.

So, I’m in this for the long game, a game in which my wife, with her racial-essentialism agenda, has as yet no real idea that she has an opponent.

29/ I’m committed to mitigating the effects of what I see as her child abuse where I can, until our kids are old enough to read for themselves

30/ ...and other thoughtful writers who come from a place of love and healing of our ancient and needless racial wounds.

The Roman author and former slave Terence said 2000 years ago: "I am human: I suppose nothing human to be alien to me."

Words we have yet to live up to.
CrazyIslander

Post by CrazyIslander »

That's the stupidest thing I've read. White man just want everyone to forget about race and colour, doesn't understand the rage and anger.

Most black kids feel the same way until they're reminded they're black, when they call the cops and the cops come and point the gun at them, or when KKK come knocking. It's not imagined racism, it's real.
CrazyIslander

Post by CrazyIslander »

Doc Rivers , LA Clippers coach, mentioned that he had to have a talk with his son about going out and being careful because he's black. That's real. No matter how successful he'd become, he still understands reality.
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

CrazyIslander wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:26 pm Doc Rivers , LA Clippers coach, mentioned that he had to have a talk with his son about going out and being careful because he's black. That's real. No matter how successful he'd become, he still understands reality.
Indeed, none of us white posters have a clue about that.
Harveys

Post by Harveys »

CrazyIslander wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:22 pm That's the stupidest thing I've read. White man just want everyone to forget about race and colour, doesn't understand the rage and anger.

Most black kids feel the same way until they're reminded they're black, when they call the cops and the cops come and point the gun at them, or when KKK come knocking. It's not imagined racism, it's real.
That’s equally as stupid.
CrazyIslander

Post by CrazyIslander »

I meant specifically the husband, not all white people.
Santa

Post by Santa »

Pat the Ex Mat wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:57 am
CrazyIslander wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:26 pm Doc Rivers , LA Clippers coach, mentioned that he had to have a talk with his son about going out and being careful because he's black. That's real. No matter how successful he'd become, he still understands reality.
Indeed, none of us white posters have a clue about that.
Neither does CrazyIslander.
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

South Central LA yesterday. Poorly trained cops shoot a guy in the back 20 times. Sure he was carrying a gun, but who doesn't in the screwed up States of America?

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world/20 ... ation.html
Santa

Post by Santa »

Muttonbirds wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:48 am South Central LA yesterday. Poorly trained cops shoot a guy in the back 20 times. Sure he was carrying a gun, but who doesn't in the screwed up States of America?

Based on your experience, how many times do you reckon he should have been shot and where?
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

I think he should have been shot zero times, anywhere, of course.
Santa

Post by Santa »

Muttonbirds wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:01 am I think he should have been shot zero times, anywhere, of course.
But what if he was one of your political enemies?
Harveys

Post by Harveys »

Santa wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:04 am
Muttonbirds wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:01 am I think he should have been shot zero times, anywhere, of course.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Muttonbirds wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:48 am South Central LA yesterday. Poorly trained cops shoot a guy in the back 20 times. Sure he was carrying a gun, but who doesn't in the screwed up States of America?

The police version of events sounds a bit sus. Remember that kid a few years ago who the cop shot 16 times. Every single cop on the scene lied and confirmed it was self defence. All the police officers who investigated the shooting also lied. The truth about the murder only came out when a journalist got the dash cam about a year later when the courts ordered the police to release it.

No other police officers were found guilty of anything. I don't believe any of them lost their jobs and the murderer only got 6 years for executing a teenager by shooting him 16 times and lying about it.

Recently a black guy got his whole life sentence upheld. His crime was attempting to steal some hedge clippers.
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

I think US cops are trained very poorly and use firearms as a first response rather than a last resort. This is what happens in a fucked up country which has embedded small arms in their 250 year old constitution.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Muttonbirds wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:22 am I think US cops are trained very poorly and use firearms as a first response rather than a last resort. This is what happens in a fucked up country which has embedded small arms in their 250 year old constitution.
About 70% never fire their weapon but a male, white military veteran is the most likely to have fired their weapon.
free_safety

Post by free_safety »

That rubbish that Sonny Blount posted up there belongs in a sewerage. Even stormfront is too good for it. There is something fundamentally wrong with a person who can post such rubbish. What is worse is that none of it is believable. If a person is going to spend so much time typing rubbish then at least try to make it believable.
New Guy 2

Post by New Guy 2 »

Harveys wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:10 am
Santa wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:04 am
:lol:
Deadtigers

Post by Deadtigers »

CrazyIslander wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:22 pm That's the stupidest thing I've read. White man just want everyone to forget about race and colour, doesn't understand the rage and anger.

It truly is. When the cops stopped me and my friends from racing home cause black kids running in the hood meant crime, where was that dude.

I dont see that marriage making it because he refuses to understand the struggle. So rather than understand it he attacks her.
Deadtigers

Post by Deadtigers »

After Diallo, my brother and dad made me move my wallet from my back pocket to the front. This is real. You cant fathom how these kind of repeated reminders affects people.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

free_safety wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:48 pm That rubbish that Sonny Blount posted up there belongs in a sewerage. Even stormfront is too good for it. There is something fundamentally wrong with a person who can post such rubbish. What is worse is that none of it is believable. If a person is going to spend so much time typing rubbish then at least try to make it believable.
I tried to put him on ignore but it does not seem to work now.
Sonny Blount

Post by Sonny Blount »

There are some loons in here.

Racial equity is as good as it has ever been in American history up until about 10 years ago when social media and Obama dialled up the rhetoric.
carlos_c

Post by carlos_c »

Chap having epsisode in Walmart - holding a baseball bat - gets wasted .......All it would have taken was another officer to come from from behind and tackle the dude - instead pew pew pew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjQfDIF ... e=youtu.be
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

carlos_c wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:10 am Chap having epsisode in Walmart - holding a baseball bat - gets wasted .......All it would have taken was another officer to come from from behind and tackle the dude - instead pew pew pew

Looks like they shot him first and then tased him.

Guy goes to a police station tries to smash it up with his baseball bat. Different outcome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLVgXuYrlsM
Jake

Post by Jake »

Guys- DT has copped a suspension.

Zero tolerance for racism here.
msp.

Post by msp. »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:31 am
carlos_c wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:10 am Chap having epsisode in Walmart - holding a baseball bat - gets wasted .......All it would have taken was another officer to come from from behind and tackle the dude - instead pew pew pew

Guy goes to a police station tries to smash it up with his baseball bat. Different outcome

2 diffrent incidents

one he is directly threatning a cop and get shot..- There is an argument that perhaps the cop did not need to use lethal force but can see why it occurred.

The second the guy was smashing a door, not directly threating anyone, and got taken blindsided by a good tackle and overpowered.

Two diffrent situations and can see why they ended diffrently.
carlos_c

Post by carlos_c »

Actually first cop is being charged.....so we'll see
AND-y

Post by AND-y »

Jake wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:49 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Breath

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You hypocritical piece of shit. Go f**king die in a fire. Better ban anon too eh? It's become quite clear this a forum where certain types are only tolerated if they stay quiet and respectful. Enjoy your precious forum becoming 8chan lite. C unt.
Last edited by AND-y on Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
madman

Post by madman »

carlos_c wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:04 pm
Actually first cop is being charged.....so we'll see
But in the first one he could claim that he felt threatened, there was no one threatened in the second one.

Just because he is changed, and may be found guilty of using leathal force when he did not need to (could of used the teaser), does not make the situation the same as the second..
AnkleTap

Post by AnkleTap »

Bye AND-y. :lol:
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

msp. wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:11 am

2 diffrent incidents

one he is directly threatning a cop and get shot..- There is an argument that perhaps the cop did not need to use lethal force but can see why it occurred.

The second the guy was smashing a door, not directly threating anyone, and got taken blindsided by a good tackle and overpowered.

Perhaps the cop did not need to use lethal force :lol: :lol:

The reason the cop has been charged with manslaughter is because by the time he finished the guy off it should have been obvious to him that the guy could hardly stand up.
Last edited by Anonymous 1 on Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
msp.

Post by msp. »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:26 pm

2 diffrent incidents

Perhaps :lol: :lol:
Yes, he perceived that the guy was coming at him with a baseball bat.. There was no cop behind to tackle him..
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

msp. wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:35 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:26 pm

2 diffrent incidents

Perhaps :lol: :lol:
Yes, he perceived that the guy was coming at him with a baseball bat.. There was no cop behind to tackle him..
I know the standard defence is "I perceived a threat and I was in fear for my life". However the fact still remains the guy was fucked before he finished him off and it would have been obvious to reasonable person. He had the bat above his head. He got tased but kept coming. He got tased again and now could no longer hold the bat up and he was staggering forward. Then he got shot
Police were called to the store by a security guard who reported a possible robbery. Fletcher, the first officer to arrive, clarified with the security guard that it was not a robbery, then he relayed that information through his police radio, prosecutors said.

“Officer Fletcher did not wait for his cover officer and immediately contacted Mr. Taylor in the shopping cart area,” they said.

Surveillance video showed Fletcher pulled out his service pistol at the same time he tried to take the bat from Taylor. Taylor pulled the bat from Fletcher’s grasp and stepped away.

Shortly after, Fletcher shot Taylor twice with his taser. As Taylor struggled to remain standing, Fletcher shot him in the chest with his service weapon just as another officer arrived in the store, prosecutors said.
https://nypost.com/2020/09/03/officer-c ... a-walmart/
Pat the Ex Mat

Post by Pat the Ex Mat »

Jake wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:49 am Guys- DT has copped a suspension.

FFS

Spend your time fixing the abortion of an upgrade....
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

AND-y wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:16 pm
Jake wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:49 am

Breath

You hypocritical piece of shit. Go f**king die in a fire. Better ban anon too eh? It's become quite clear this a forum where certain types are only tolerated if they stay quiet and respectful. Enjoy your precious forum becoming 8chan lite. C unt.
I won't be accusing anyone of being racist again so hopefully they won't ban me again.

Post by 4071 »

Sonny Blount wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:56 am There are some loons in here.

Racial equity is as good as it has ever been in American history up until about 10 years ago when social media and Obama dialled up the rhetoric.
Local Man Implies That Racism Only Became A Problem When The Black Guy Got Voted In

"They were fine when they knew their place", confirms long-standing bigot.
Sonny Blount

Post by Sonny Blount »

4071 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:52 pm
Sonny Blount wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:56 am There are some loons in here.

Local Man Implies That Racism Only Became A Problem When The Black Guy Got Voted In

"They were fine when they knew their place", confirms long-standing bigot.

No I did not. Your bigotry is showing.

Obama was a divisive President, very poor at managing racial tensions. BLM sprung up as a violent movement on his watch, fake news regarding police shootings spread and stuck in the culture.

Trump is overall worse, but I would rather have Hillary or Joe than Obama as President.
Kiwias

Post by Kiwias »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:15 am

The police version of events sounds a bit sus. Remember that kid a few years ago who the cop shot 16 times. Every single cop on the scene lied and confirmed it was self defence. All the police officers who investigated the shooting also lied. The truth about the murder only came out when a journalist got the dash cam about a year later when the courts ordered the police to release it.

No other police officers were found guilty of anything. I don't believe any of them lost their jobs and the murderer only got 6 years for executing a teenager by shooting him 16 times and lying about it.

Recently a black guy got his whole life sentence upheld. His crime was attempting to steal some hedge clippers.
Kizzee abandoned his bike and ran for a block with the deputies in pursuit, Brandon Dean, a sheriff's department spokesman, told reporters on Monday evening. Kizzee then punched one of the deputies in the face, dropping a bundle of clothing he was carrying, the department said.

The deputies said a semi-automatic handgun was in the dropped bundle, and both of them began shooting Kizzee, the department said.
So they knew he no longer had a firearm and then shot him 20 times. I mean, why not?
Mr Mike

Post by Mr Mike »

Have they now confirmed how many times he was shot?