American Cops behaving Badly (All inclusive thread)

All things Rugby
Anonymous 1

Re: American Cops behaving Badly (All inclusive thread)

Post by Anonymous 1 »

New Guy 2 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:56 pm
Santa wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:49 pm Maybe people are saying all cops are racists and maybe they aren't. And maybe it is being taught in schools.
A Westchester County high-school teacher kicked off his first day of classes by handing out an image on the Black Lives Matter movement — comparing modern-day cops to slave owners and the Ku Klux Klan.

Westlake HS educator Christoper Moreno gave his 11th-graders a handout Sept. 8 which included a five-frame cartoon panel
https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com ... wners/amp/
I'm more confused why they've labelled George Zimmerman a white civilian.
He is hispanic which in America is white or white hispanic. It's not a racial group in America
New Guy 2

Post by New Guy 2 »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:20 pm
Santa wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:49 pm Maybe people are saying all cops are racists and maybe they aren't. And maybe it is being taught in schools.
A Westchester County high-school teacher kicked off his first day of classes by handing out an image on the Black Lives Matter movement — comparing modern-day cops to slave owners and the Ku Klux Klan.

Westlake HS educator Christoper Moreno gave his 11th-graders a handout Sept. 8 which included a five-frame cartoon panel
He is hispanic which in America is white or white hispanic. It's not a racial group in America
The four racial groups in America are White, Black, Asian and Hispanic. Zimmerman was on voter registration forms as hispanic.

To label him as white just to prove a point about white on black racism feels disingenuous.
Santa

Post by Santa »

New Guy 2 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:28 pm

The four racial groups in America are White, Black, Asian and Hispanic. Zimmerman was on voter registration forms as hispanic.

To label him as white just to prove a point about white on black racism feels disingenuous.
Wait until you see what they are teaching kids in history classes based on the 1619 Project. It is literally lies.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

New Guy 2 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:28 pm

Whatever
the Hispanic identity question appears on all of the forms. It used to come after the race question. They later moved it before the race question because it was one of the most unanswered forms on the census. If you asked people their race, "I'm white or I'm black," and they would get this next question, "are you Hispanic?" They would say "I already answered this," and they would skip it. So that's why we have them the way they are and the way they're ordered.

And importantly, Latinos can be of a variety of racial backgrounds. People can be Afro-Latino and be white and be Latino and there are a whole lot of Latinos who are brown. So there's the issue of not wanting to be racialized, and there's the racial diversity of Latinos themselves.

On the Census considering including Hispanic as a race in 2020

https://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch ... te-and-why
C69

Post by C69 »

Taylor case :uhoh:

Money means nowt when you are dead
AnkleTap

Post by AnkleTap »

Here is another one.
https://youtu.be/MSa2EomQAbA
jambanja

Post by jambanja »

AnkleTap wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:34 pm Here is another one.
Who the fudge would want to be a cop when you have to deal with shits like that, I have a feeling that the 2021 police recruit intake is going to be rather low
AnkleTap

Post by AnkleTap »

That video is going to be played to rookie cops for years. Do not let this be you.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

jambanja wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:28 pm
Who the fudge would want to be a cop when you have to deal with shits like that, I have a feeling that the 2021 police recruit intake is going to be rather low
I believe recruitment in America has been falling for years. However I would guess 2021 will see an upturn. With so many more millions of Americans looking for work a lot of police forces will probably be in a position where they up the standard of their recruits.
BlackMac

Post by BlackMac »

AnkleTap wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:17 am That video is going to be played to rookie cops for years. Do not let this be you.
Sad though it is they had many, many opportunities to put a rigid cuff on his left hand and drag him out and down onto the ground. I can assure you it it virtually impossible to resist. Again we see a reluctance to go hands on with a suspect and when they eventually do they are appallingly ineffective.

Post by 4071 »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:12 am
I believe recruitment in America has been falling for years. However I would guess 2021 will see an upturn. With so many more millions of Americans looking for work a lot of police forces will probably be in a position where they up the standard of their recruits.
They may have to stop rejecting high IQ individuals. Even though the courts found that it was not technically discrimination to reject intelligent recruits to the academies, it may be pragmatic to start letting them in at this stage.
New Guy 2

Post by New Guy 2 »

How f**king strong is David, jesus.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

4071 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:16 am
They may have to stop rejecting high IQ individuals. Even though the courts found that it was not technically discrimination to reject intelligent recruits to the academies, it may be pragmatic to start letting them in at this stage.
I didn't realise this was a thing until you posted it. I knew most recruits were around average intelligence. Didn't realise if you score higher than about 114 they will reject you.
msp.

Post by msp. »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:26 pm
I didn't realise this was a thing until you posted it. I knew most recruits were around average intelligence. Didn't realise if you score higher than about 114 they will reject you.
There is nearly 18000 police forces in the US, each one with its own criteria for joining.. (which is one of the issue).
msp.

Post by msp. »

New Guy 2 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:29 am
You watch that video and then say the police should only draw their weapon when they see a gun. It went from a scuffle to a deadly force so fast..
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

msp. wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:31 pm
You watch that video and then say the police should only draw their weapon when they see a gun. It went from a scuffle to a deadly force so fast..
I don't see how drawing a weapon was an issue. It was routine traffic stop so they didn't approach with their weapons drawn (goes back to that lying cop who shot Philando Castile). if it was a high risk traffic stop they would have weapons drawn and probably wait for back up.

With the benefit of hindsight I believe the decision to physically remove a non compliant person from a vehicle should escalate the stop to high risk. There should be enough cops on the scene to have at least one not engaging during the removal. As obviously the ones removing the person can't have weapons drawn.

I don't believe those cops had any real fear during that whole incident that they may be in any danger. Really surprised how long they gave the guy to talk shit and not comply. the only person who called and got backup once the guy refused to get out of the car was the guy himself.
AnkleTap

Post by AnkleTap »

Blackmac :thumbup: It is your responses I hope for. Anon :thumbup: Stand back and get the team out.

That is the second time in lets say five incidents that we discussed here where someone has been tazered, and the effect has been almost zero. That guy got pepper sprayed twice in the face and yet when he starts shooting he is John Wick and clearly not struggling to see. Ten shots I count in 4 seconds, switching back and forth between targets, and the final kill shot is ice cold. Plus you wonder if all that crying & whining was to create the opening to get his gun.

Funny looking John Wick however

New Guy 2

Post by New Guy 2 »

AnkleTap wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:31 pm Blackmac :thumbup: It is your responses I hope for. Anon :thumbup: Stand back and get the team out.

That is the second time in lets say five incidents that we discussed here where someone has been tazered, and the effect has been almost zero. That guy got pepper sprayed twice in the face and yet when he starts shooting he is John Wick and clearly not struggling to see. Ten shots I count in 4 seconds, switching back and forth between targets, and the final kill shot is ice cold. Plus you wonder if all that crying & whining was to create the opening to get his gun.

Funny looking John Wick however

Looks like a right twat.
Santa

Post by Santa »

BLM types estimate the number of unarmed black people killed last year. Remember the correct answer is 9.

https://twitter.com/onewalleee/status/1 ... 58880?s=09
Harveys

Post by Harveys »

That’s confusing, my understanding was IQ is just another racist construct?
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

AnkleTap wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:31 pm Blackmac :thumbup: It is your responses I hope for. Anon :thumbup: Stand back and get the team out.

As far as the taser is concerned in all probability the vast majority of the time it's deployed the person is incapacitated and the incident does not escalate and for this reason we will almost certainly never hear about it. I'm sure you know this.

As far as the shooter is concerned. I can get why he might be callous enough to shoot them to avoid jail time or even a small fine but when his details have been given to police despatch and he is on their bodycam there is no point to it. Now he is probably going to spend e amount of years on death row and then be executed.

I also feel a bit sorry for "the getaway driver". The guy calls him up and asks him to film the arrest. He turns up the police tell him to stay in his car then the guy shoots them and runs to his car and tells him to get out of there. I'm not to surprised the poor git has tried to hang himself in his cell.

Post by 4071 »

Harveys wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:29 pm
That’s confusing, my understanding was IQ is just another racist construct?
It's no surprise that your understanding is flawed
\
msp.

Post by msp. »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:55 pm
I don't see how drawing a weapon was an issue. It was routine traffic stop so they didn't approach with their weapons drawn (goes back to that lying cop who shot Philando Castile). if it was a high risk traffic stop they would have weapons drawn and probably wait for back up.

With the benefit of hindsight I believe the decision to physically remove a non compliant person from a vehicle should escalate the stop to high risk. There should be enough cops on the scene to have at least one not engaging during the removal. As obviously the ones removing the person can't have weapons drawn.

I don't believe those cops had any real fear during that whole incident that they may be in any danger. Really surprised how long they gave the guy to talk shit and not comply. the only person who called and got backup once the guy refused to get out of the car was the guy himself.
Sorry earlier on in this fred, posters were talking about the police should only react when they see a waepon. The video show how quick a gun can be drawn and fired by someone intent to kill.

As other posters have said, that once someone is non complient the police have to go in hard. The problem is when they go in hard (with the expectation that everyone has a gun) then inocent members of the public will be shot.
message #2527204

Post by message #2527204 »

msp. wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:18 pm

Sorry earlier on in this fred, posters were talking about the police should only react when they see a waepon. The video show how quick a gun can be drawn and fired by someone intent to kill.

As other posters have said, that once someone is non complient the police have to go in hard. The problem is when they go in hard (with the expectation that everyone has a gun) then inocent members of the public will be shot.
The guy wouldn't get out of his car. Because he happens to be a murderous cvnt, does that mean that anyone else who doesn't get out of a car deserves the death penalty?
New Guy 2

Post by New Guy 2 »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:34 pm

As far as the taser is concerned in all probability the vast majority of the time it's deployed the person is incapacitated and the incident does not escalate and for this reason we will almost certainly never hear about it. I'm sure you know this.

As far as the shooter is concerned. I can get why he might be callous enough to shoot them to avoid jail time or even a small fine but when his details have been given to police despatch and he is on their bodycam there is no point to it. Now he is probably going to spend e amount of years on death row and then be executed.

I also feel a bit sorry for "the getaway driver". The guy calls him up and asks him to film the arrest. He turns up the police tell him to stay in his car then the guy shoots them and runs to his car and tells him to get out of there. I'm not to surprised the poor git has tried to hang himself in his cell.
Yeah he's been screwed over there hasn't he. If somebody got into my car with a gun, having killed 2 coppers, and told me to drive, I'd ask him where to.

Seems like an easy defence for his lawyer doesn't it?
Pole

Post by Pole »

message #2527204 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:20 pm

The guy wouldn't get out of his car. Because he happens to be a murderous cvnt, does that mean that anyone else who doesn't get out of a car deserves the death penalty?
How about just listen to the cops.. it's really simple don't put yourself in a dangerous position.
msp.

Post by msp. »

New Guy 2 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:29 am How f**king strong is David, jesus.

Sorry earlier on in this fred, posters were talking about the police should only react when they see a weapon. The video show how quick a gun can be drawn and fired by someone intent to kill.

As other posters have said, that once someone is non compliant the police have to go in hard. The problem is when they go in hard (with the expectation that everyone has a gun) then innocent members of the public will be shot.
Problem is that from a cops point of view, if they get it "wrong" as in the above situation they die. (as 40 odd cops did last year), but it does explain why some cops appear to be trigger happy when even doing a simple traffic stop is risking their lives.

The situation is far more complex than BLM or the protesters will admidt, it not simplily down to white privilage or racist police.

Actions such as from this murderous cvnt as you put it, will lead to some police over reacting in a situation when a person is not being complient, with leathal consquences.
msp.

Post by msp. »

New Guy 2 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:21 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:34 pm

Yeah he's been screwed over there hasn't he. If somebody got into my car with a gun, having killed 2 coppers, and told me to drive, I'd ask him where to.

Choose your freinds carefully.. but as you said he does have a resonable defence, that most people in a similar situation could understand.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

msp. wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:32 pm
Problem is that from a cops point of view, if they get it "wrong" as in the above situation they die. (as 40 odd cops did last year), but it does explain why some cops appear to be trigger happy when even doing a simple traffic stop is risking their lives.

The situation is far more complex than BLM or the protesters will admidt, it not simplily down to white privilage or racist police.

Actions such as from this murderous cvnt as you put it, will lead to some police over reacting in a situation when a person is not being complient, with leathal consquences.
Don't forget the situations where police shoot people who are being complient. I believe most of the time police shoot people without justification the officer was probably shit scared but thats no excuse.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

msp. wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:34 pm
New Guy 2 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:21 pm

Choose your freinds carefully.. but as you said he does have a resonable defence, that most people in a similar situation could understand.
It's America and a cop died. Unless he called them at the earliest opportunity to tell them where the shooter was he will be lucky to not get a long stretch
Pole

Post by Pole »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:58 pm

Don't forget the situations where police shoot people who are being complient. I believe most of the time police shoot people without justification the officer was probably shit scared but thats no excuse.
what % do you think that accounts as i am sure it's low
message #2527204

Pole wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:12 pm

How about just listen to the cops.. it's really simple don't put yourself in a dangerous position.
Not listening to cops shouldn't mean bullet in the head in any sane country.

Let him sit in his car and calm down - call for some backup. Not assault him and scream in his face. He wouldn't get out of a car ffs. No need for anyone to die over it.
Pole

Post by Pole »

message #2527204 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:17 pm

Your behavior should be dictated by the society you live in.
Pole

Post by Pole »

Let him sit in his car and calm down - call for some backup. Not assault him and scream in his face. He wouldn't get out of a car ffs. No need for anyone to die over it.
Come on, those cops gave him enough time and carried themselves in a professional manner. How about people start respecting authority instead of acting like entitled children and then are surprised that they win stupid prizes when playing stupid games.
Last edited by Pole on Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
message #2527204

Pole wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:23 pm

Your behaviour is a product f the society you live in.
Pole

Post by Pole »

message #2527204 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:26 pm

So it's societies fault that he pulled a gun out and filled the cops with lead.. You see, people need to start taking accountability for their behavior and stop pushing blame.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Pole wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:12 pm

I really couldn't put a figure on it but I would have thought it would be low. The problem as I see it is when police officers break the law they tend to get off. if there is no video evidence you can forget about eyewitness testimony the police officer will always be believed no matter how unlikely their story. it's the ones where you see the video evidence and they still get off.

People seem to think wanting the police to be accountable means you are anti law and order but that is rubbish. You can't have real law and order if the police are effectively above the law. What if it's only one in a million interactions where the police officer commits a crime should they get off ?
Pole

Post by Pole »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:45 pm
Pole wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:12 pm

I really couldn't put a figure on it but I would have thought it would be low. The problem as I see it is when police officers break the law they tend to get off. if there is no video evidence you can forget about eyewitness testimony the police officer will always be believed no matter how unlikely their story. it's the ones where you see the video evidence and they still get off.

People seem to think wanting the police to be accountable means you are anti law and order but that is rubbish. You can't have real law and order if the police are effectively above the law. What if it's only one in a million interactions where the police officer commits a crime should they get off ?
All fair points which I agree with :thumbup:
message #2527204

Pole wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:36 pm
Pole wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:12 pm How about just listen to the cops.. it's really simple don't put yourself in a dangerous position.
So it's societies fault that he pulled a gun out and filled the cops with lead.. You see, people need to start taking accountability for their behavior and stop pushing blame.
It's society's fault that he had a gun. It's society's fault that the police are given licence to be judge jury and executioner of innocent civilians.

Maybe the guy thought he'd be shot if he got out of the car? He got tazered just for sitting there.
Pole

Post by Pole »

message #2527204 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:54 pm
Pole wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:36 pm

It's society's fault that he had a gun.
but society didn't pull the trigger