American Cops behaving Badly (All inclusive thread)

All things Rugby
Anonymous 1

Re: American Cops behaving Badly (All inclusive thread)

Post by Anonymous 1 »

mdaclarke wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:57 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:52 am
mdaclarke wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:01 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:44 am
BlackMac wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:22 am

I'm actually struggling to see what the issue is with this. Responding to this sort of incident is a core police function and not something that anyone with a true understanding of Defund the Police would have a problem with. No one i know has an issue with the idea of defunding as none of them joined the police to be a social worker or mental health practitioner and they would be delighted if they were defunded and that sort of responsibility given back to the people that should be dealing with it.
Some people like mdclarke just love how stupid a lefty idea they thought defund the police was when they first heard it they will pretend they have not had it explained to them.

In the entire political history of mankind, in all the countries in all the world. There surely cannot be a more counter productive slogan than "Defund the Police" It is almost designed to put swing voters off. In fact it would be hard with a straight face to think of a worse one.

If you have to explain to the voters that the slogan does not mean what the dictionary definition of the words mean, then it is not the voters that are thick, it is you.
I agree with you 100% that the slogan is pathetic and I do not blame people for getting the wrong end of the stick before it's explained to them. You are also right about it being idiotic choosing a phrase that you have to explain to the voters. However my original point still stands.

It has been explained to YOU
In your original post YOU were pretending it meant something other than what YOU know it to mean. YOU will no doubt in future continue to pretend that is the case.

That is all about you acting the cunt really isn't it
When you resort to personal abuse you are losing the argument
If I am wrong and even after having had the term explained to you you really didn't understand and you are just a thick cunt and I gave you more credit than you were due I apologise. If on the other hand you did understand and in your original post you were just acting the cunt. That is not personal abuse to say so. It's just stating what you were doing isn't it.
mdaclarke

Post by mdaclarke »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:02 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:44 am
Some people like mdclarke just love how stupid a lefty idea they thought defund the police was when they first heard it they will pretend they have not had it explained to them.

In the entire political history of mankind, in all the countries in all the world. There surely cannot be a more counter productive slogan than "Defund the Police" It is almost designed to put swing voters off. In fact it would be hard with a straight face to think of a worse one.

If you have to explain to the voters that the slogan does not mean what the dictionary definition of the words mean, then it is not the voters that are thick, it is you.
I agree with you 100% that the slogan is pathetic and I do not blame people for getting the wrong end of the stick before it's explained to them. You are also right about it being idiotic choosing a phrase that you have to explain to the voters. However my original point still stands.

In your original post YOU were pretending it meant something other than what YOU know it to mean. YOU will no doubt in future continue to pretend that is the case.

If I am wrong and even after having had the term explained to you you really didn't understand and you are just a thick cunt and I gave you more credit than you were due I apologise. If on the other hand you did understand and in your original post you were just acting the cunt. That is not personal abuse to say so. It's just stating what you were doing isn't it.

Funny how progressives and people on the left can't help themselves. Anybody who disagrees with them is either thick or racist or a c*nt, and then they wonder why they keep losing elections.

Please continue.

Whilst the slogan continues to be "Defund the Police" I will use the normal english interpretation.

I know what you want it to mean, "allocate resources from the police to agencies that are better suited to deal with the problems, eg social services, children services and community groups"

But that is not what the normal english words of the slogan mean. You can't just wish words to have a different meaning.

Use a better slogan.
Santa

Post by Santa »

mdaclarke wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:08 am

Funny how progressives and people on the left can't help themselves. Anybody who disagrees with them is either thick or racist or a c*nt, and then they wonder why they keep losing elections.

Please continue.

Whilst the slogan continues to be "Defund the Police" I will use the normal english interpretation.

I know what you want it to mean, "allocate resources from the police to agencies that are better suited to deal with the problems, eg social services, children services and community groups"

But that is not what the normal english words of the slogan mean. You can't just wish words to have a different meaning.

Use a better slogan.
Why not wait to see how it is acrually enacted before we decide what it means. Pro-defunders are trying to spin this juat as much as anyone.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Please continue.

Use a better slogan.
I wouldn't really consider myself and I have already said that I am in 100% agreement with you. They should use a better slogan. That does not detract from the fact you knew what it meant and you were pretending you didn't. You were acting the cunt

Poor mdclarke got himself shot the other day. I told him a guy was going to shoot everyone who looked out of the window so when I say "look out of the window" it's best to duck. Sadly when I said look out of the window he did just that. His dying words were "You can't just wish words to have a different meaning. "
mdaclarke

Post by mdaclarke »

Santa wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:20 am

Please continue.

Use a better slogan.
Why not wait to see how it is acrually enacted before we decide what it means. Pro-defunders are trying to spin this juat as much as anyone.

I see where you are coming from but it hasn't been enacted yet. Most people aren't policy wonks and will just assume the standard english definition of the words. Progressives and Liberals and those of the left won't have the luxury of spending 20 mins to explain what they want the slogan/word to mean

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dicti ... r%20scheme)

defund
in British English
(diːˈfʌnd)
VERB (transitive)
1. to remove the funds from (a person, organization, or scheme)
Do not defund critical programmes

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictio ... ish/defund
to stop providing the money to pay for something:
She opposes any proposal to defund US troops.

As I said before in my opinion the slogan "Defund the Police" is a policy kryptonite
mdaclarke

Post by mdaclarke »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:27 am

Please continue.

Use a better slogan.
I wouldn't really consider myself and I have already said that I am in 100% agreement with you. They should use a better slogan. That does not detract from the fact you knew what it meant and you were pretending you didn't. You were acting the cunt

Poor mdclarke got himself shot the other day. I told him a guy was going to shoot everyone who looked out of the window so when I say "look out of the window" it's best to duck. Sadly when I said look out of the window he did just that. His dying words were "You can't just wish words to have a different meaning. "
What are you going on about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQCU36pkH7c
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

mdaclarke wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:31 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:27 am Poor mdclarke got himself shot the other day. I told him a guy was going to shoot everyone who looked out of the window so when I say "look out of the window" it's best to duck. Sadly when I said look out of the window he did just that. His dying words were "You can't just wish words to have a different meaning. "

:lol:
Sonny Blount

Post by Sonny Blount »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:42 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:27 am Poor mdclarke got himself shot the other day. I told him a guy was going to shoot everyone who looked out of the window so when I say "look out of the window" it's best to duck. Sadly when I said look out of the window he did just that. His dying words were "You can't just wish words to have a different meaning. "

Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Sonny Blount wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:43 am

Language is communication. Would you have ducked or looked out of the window ?
mdaclarke

Post by mdaclarke »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:36 am

Is that Comic for my benefit?

I have absolutely no idea what point you think you are making and what it has to to with the slogan "Defund the Police"
Sonny Blount

Post by Sonny Blount »

mdaclarke wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:32 am

I have absolutely no idea what point you think you are making and what it has to to with the slogan "Defund the Police"
No it was not for your benefit. It was related to the comment 'words having different meanings', that is all.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

😂😂😂😂

That comic was "obviously" not for your benefit. I think I've got you now though.
mdaclarke

Post by mdaclarke »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:13 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:42 am :lol:

😂😂😂😂

That comic was "obviously" not for your benefit. I think I've got you now though.
????? I am genuinely curious as to what that means
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

mdaclarke wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:33 pm

😂😂😂😂

You make me feel gay
mdaclarke

Post by mdaclarke »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:36 pm
mdaclarke wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:33 pm

😂😂😂😂

You make me feel gay

Whatever turns you on I guess
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

As said the partial source of all this civil unrest is the sheer corruption of US police

Radley Balko
@radleybalko·9h
Breaking: A member of the Breonna Taylor grand jury just filed a remarkable motion asking a judge to release the entire proceedings of the grand jury. The motion strongly suggests that Attorney General Cameron's public comments contradict what was presented to the grand jury.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

eldanielfire wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:36 am As said the partial source of all this civil unrest is the sheer corruption of US police

Radley Balko
@radleybalko·9h
Breaking: A member of the Breonna Taylor grand jury just filed a remarkable motion asking a judge to release the entire proceedings of the grand jury. The motion strongly suggests that Attorney General Cameron's public comments contradict what was presented to the grand jury.
This has got nothing to do with the police.
Santa

Post by Santa »

Interesting summary.

https://quillette.com/2020/09/17/black- ... onformity/
Before proceeding further, it’s important to emphasize caution on over-interpreting the anti-white findings of recent scholarship. The evidence on racial differences in police killings is not unambiguously settled; scholars continue to argue over the minutia of data collection and statistical techniques, and Fryer himself has warned against drawing strong conclusions at this stage: “Are there racial differences in the most extreme forms of police violence? The Southern boy in me says yes; the economist says we don’t know.” But uncertainty is sufficient to set off alarm bells about the Black Lives Matter movement among those who adopt a sceptical approach when evaluating knowledge claims. “There’s so much we don’t know,” says author Sam Harris in a recent podcast, “And yet, most people are behaving as though every important question was answered a long time ago.” Harris, known for his staunch atheism and critique of faith-based religion, asks some troubling questions about the Black Lives Matter movement by pointing out that it disguises empirically fragile claims with absolute conviction and then stonewalls any attempt to examine the evidence: “Like most religious awakenings, the movement does not show itself eager to make honest contact with reality.”

While doubt prevails among those familiar with the data on policing killings, faith-based inerrancy seems to invigorate activists to the point where discussion becomes futile. When video journalist Ami Horowitz tried to engage with Black Lives Matter activists he found they had virtually no familiarity with the data on police killings and no desire to know about it. “I can’t, I’m getting angry, I don’t want to talk anymore,” said one activist in response to Horowitz’s attempt to discuss the evidence. Another said, “Your data can go and suck the same dick you’re gonna suck.” Another rebuffed Horowitz by demanding to see his sources but then refused to look when he attempted to produce them on his phone. Yet another resorted to conspiracy theorizing, suggesting that any study conflicting with the sentiment of Black Lives Matter must be some kind of academic plot.
free_safety

Post by free_safety »

eldanielfire wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:58 am
free_safety wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:33 pm
eldanielfire wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:15 pm
The fact is even fatcat isn't claiming there isn't issues with racism with American society or American police. He's correctly pointing out racism in the police force doesn't mean the whole police force is racist and everything they do has to be assumed to be. Fatcat is right to point out not all US police are racist and that it's entirely possibly the shooting of black people, it happens to whites as well, is more to do with black people's higher rates of being involved in violent and street crime, poverty and cultural issues like absences of fathers etc and many stats support this. A trend you keep ignoring to cite usually flimsy justifications which them selves jump to some assumptions from trends which can't be proven.

This post is full of the usual diversionary tactics that racists like to come up with and others just parrot.
Firstly most protesters are not saying that every cop is racist. That would be nonsense
Really? To whom am I being racist against then? Also when did I claim most protesters stated every cop is racist?
I was responding to the underlined text above. Protesters are not saying all US Police are racist so I don't know why this needs to be pointed out
My main point is that bringing up absentee fathers, cultural issues is diversionary nonsense. A classic right wing tactic
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

free_safety wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:00 pm
The fact is even fatcat isn't claiming there isn't issues with racism with American society or American police. He's correctly pointing out racism in the police force doesn't mean the whole police force is racist and everything they do has to be assumed to be. Fatcat is right to point out not all US police are racist and that it's entirely possibly the shooting of black people, it happens to whites as well, is more to do with black people's higher rates of being involved in violent and street crime, poverty and cultural issues like absences of fathers etc and many stats support this. A trend you keep ignoring to cite usually flimsy justifications which them selves jump to some assumptions from trends which can't be proven.

This post is full of the usual diversionary tactics that racists like to come up with and others just parrot.
Firstly most protesters are not saying that every cop is racist. That would be nonsense
Really? To whom am I being racist against then? Also when did I claim most protesters stated every cop is racist?
I was responding to the underlined text above. Protesters are not saying all US Police are racist so I don't know why this needs to be pointed out
My main point is that bringing up absentee fathers, cultural issues is diversionary nonsense. A classic right wing tactic
Protestors have been claiming police are racist quite bluntly. It's not as if they have even

It's not a classic right wing tactic. That's just a garbage argument to not address the issues. When John Boyega addressed the BLM crowds in the UK it was an issue he said had to be looked into about the inequality in society. Are you saying he's just issuing diversionary nonsense to the BLM crowd now?
msp.

Post by msp. »

eldanielfire wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:21 am

Protestors have been claiming police are racist quite bluntly. It's not as if they have even

It's not a classic right wing tactic. That's just a garbage argument to not address the issues. When John Boyega addressed the BLM crowds in the UK it was an issue he said had to be looked into about the inequality in society. Are you saying he's just issuing diversionary nonsense to the BLM crowd now?
This was posted earlier in the fred, look at the signs, including the one by the guy in the blue t-shirt, "All Cops are Bad"

https://twitter.com/onewalleee/status/1 ... 58880?s=09

The line between pro black protests and anti cop protests in thin, but to deny that some have crossed that line is just wrong..
free_safety

Post by free_safety »

What does the lack of black fathers have to do with police brutality?
This thread is about police brutality. The BLM movement is about addressing police brutality. So why bring up the issue of black fathers when the topic of police brutality is being discussed? Clearly its diversionary nonsense. And I don't know who Boyega is.

And yes many police are indeed racist. In fact a study has shown that American police departments have been infiltrated by white supremacists.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Some protesters claimed all police are racist so fatcat said that is not true and you thought you should point out fatcat was right to point out that not all police are racist

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sonny Blount

Post by Sonny Blount »

msp. wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:24 am

This was posted earlier in the fred, look at the signs, including the one by the guy in the blue t-shirt, "All Cops are Bad"

https://twitter.com/onewalleee/status/1 ... 58880?s=09

The line between pro black protests and anti cop protests in thin, but to deny that some have crossed that line is just wrong..
It's "All Cops are Bastards" and it is displayed and spray painted all over the place recently.