Chat Forum
It is currently Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:10 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 627, 628, 629, 630, 631, 632, 633 ... 656  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2063
danthefan wrote:
Above have suggestion for exercise that might help lower back pain, or strengthen my back to help deal with lower back pain a bit? Have had a problem for 6 or 7 years now in my lower left back, it's fine maybe 75% of the time but the other 25% I can feel pain build up, eventually it'll pop, I'll be in agony for a night (usually take a difene), then it'll fade back to normality until it starts building up again. Doing anything especially strenuous speeds up the whole cycle. I don't really exercise much at the moment bar cycling every day to work.



If you can find a gym that has a reverse hyper that will probably help.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24461
Location: Big Willi Style
bimboman wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
Stevus55 wrote:
It's definitely only a matter time, you can already get testosterone and HGH if a 'doctor' thinks you have 'low' levels naturally



Private doctor?



Doable here as well.


Think I need a private doctor!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17497
Plus one on the stretching to prevent lower back pain. I have to sit for 9 hours a day in my job, and it's definitely an issue but I've found stretching regularly (I think of it as prehab) deals with it.

I just set the alarm 15 minutes early and do some basic yoga stretching after my morning coffee. Warm up with sun salute (basically just touching your toes), then cat cow, hip flexor stretch, pigeon, frog stretch and sit down in a deep squat for a couple of minutes. Once or twice a week I do a longer session involving upper back & shoulder stretching as well as quad & hamstring stretches.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1318
Strange session today

Bench
1x5 110
1x3 125
1x1 147
4x5 110

Squat
5x6 147

DB Rows
3x8 50

T bar row
4x10 50

Bb curls
3x12 32 plus one rest pause set

Bench felt really good. 147 was perhaps an RPE 7.5.
Squats weren’t good. Seem to have a tightness/Doms feeling in my hamstring and adductor.
Recently started using the T bar row, that combined with heavy DB row gives a good pump.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 37232
Location: Pigdogistan
I like the neutral grip t-bar with shoulder width handles. Can really get the shoulders and arms pulled back and work the lats.

I prefer the chest supported version. My gym just had a landmine hinge and a handle that you slide on to the BB, so you do them bent over. Not a huge fan of bent over rowing in general, generally too tight.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22071
Nolanator wrote:
danthefan wrote:
Above have suggestion for exercise that might help lower back pain, or strengthen my back to help deal with lower back pain a bit? Have had a problem for 6 or 7 years now in my lower left back, it's fine maybe 75% of the time but the other 25% I can feel pain build up, eventually it'll pop, I'll be in agony for a night (usually take a difene), then it'll fade back to normality until it starts building up again. Doing anything especially strenuous speeds up the whole cycle. I don't really exercise much at the moment bar cycling every day to work.


Spoiler: show
Hip issues causing lower back trouble is my jam. :o :((


Presume you've a fairly sedentary lifestyle? Sitting in work, driving, sitting at home etc?

Ever had it checked out? Sounds like a fairly straight forward back spasm. Ever get tingling or pain radiating down the outside or back of your legs from your lower back? Ever have issues with your groin muscles.

Without a proper diagnosis, I'd recommend stretching your hips and strengthening your glutes.
If you get the pain down one side of your back I'll take a stab and say that one of your hips is more problematic than the other, so your stance in your hips and pelvic area is thrown off a bit and this manifests itself as the muscle spasm, which f**king hurts.


Stretching first.

Hip flexor stretch. Seems simple, but it helps. Squeeze the arse cheek of your trailing leg and try and keep your torso as upright as possible as you sink forward into it. Don't let your lower back arch as you keep your chest up. You should feel the stretch primarily in the front of the hip area. You'll get some stretch down the front of your thigh, but you want to try and focus it in the hip.

Single leg groin stretch. Loads of variations on this. You want to feel the stretch right in the top of your groin in the hip. When you start it you might feel the stretch more lower down your inner thigh if the muscles are tight, but after a week or two you should be able to go further and get the stretch up higher.
Try squeeze the arse cheek of the leg you're stretching. You can play around with leaning forward onto your hands, kneeling rather than squatting on your non-stretching leg. Muck around to see what feels good.

Frog stretch. This is an absolute bastard. Take it slowly and build it up over a number of seconds, you'll need a mat or cushions under your knees. It'll force your hips open, a lot. Sink backwards to stretch more, keeping your torso level with the ground. Then slide forward a bit to focus the stretch onto a different part of the hips.
I've found this one to be really useful for relieving lower back stiffness/pain. It's not particularly pleasant for most guys, though. Women tend to have way more range of movement and flexibility in this posture.



Glute strengthening.

Side raises. Fairly straightforward. Lie on your side and raise your leg up to the side as far as you can without causing your hips to shift. Make sure the effort is through your arse cheek, not your outer thigh. Place your upper hand on your glute as a cue to yourself as to where the effort should be. Few sets of 15-20. You'll feel a burn in the glute. You can even raise the leg slightly behind the line of your body to emphasise the glute work.

Glute bridges. Simple enough. Think of pushing the floor down, rather than raising your hips. The effort should be in the glutes, not the hamstrings. If you feel the hamstrings taking over, try raising you toes off the floor or bringing your feet closer to your arse. Place your hands of your belly, your abs should be engaged, not slack, and shouldn't change posture throughout the movement. Don't let your lower back arch.
You can progress this to single leg versions to bring in more effort on your core to control it. Again, 15-20 reps for a few sets.

Groin bridge. Not strictly your glutes, but it'll help develop good hip posture. Can do it on a chair of coffee table etc with a towel under the supporting knee.
This can be quite difficult to start with. If you feel an acute pinch in your groin, stop, or slide further along the chair/bench so that you're supported on your inner thigh. For this you want to squeeze your shoulderblades back and down, engage you core muscles, and the glute of the supporting leg. Keep your hips perpendicular to the floor, don't roll forwards or backwards. Hold this for like 20 seconds each side and build the length over time as you improve. You can progress the difficulty by moving further and further away from the chair, so that the leg is supported below the knee.


Cheers for all this. In terms of lifestyle, spend about 3 hours a week on the bike commuting but that's about all you'd call exercise. I don't really find the pain radiates, it tends to be fairly confined to the spot on my back. Did have it looked at the time it originally happened and the doctor said either a spasm or a ligament was the issue. The left side is definitely the issue. I'll give the exercises a go, thanks again.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1318
Nolanator wrote:
I like the neutral grip t-bar with shoulder width handles. Can really get the shoulders and arms pulled back and work the lats.

I prefer the chest supported version. My gym just had a landmine hinge and a handle that you slide on to the BB, so you do them bent over. Not a huge fan of bent over rowing in general, generally too tight.


I don’t like barbell bent over rowing. Puts too much pressure on my lower back, especially as I only generally do them after a powerlift. Also feels more like an ego lift then really hitting the muscle ( obviously that’s my own fault)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 37232
Location: Pigdogistan
newportblue wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
I like the neutral grip t-bar with shoulder width handles. Can really get the shoulders and arms pulled back and work the lats.

I prefer the chest supported version. My gym just had a landmine hinge and a handle that you slide on to the BB, so you do them bent over. Not a huge fan of bent over rowing in general, generally too tight.


I don’t like barbell bent over rowing. Puts too much pressure on my lower back, especially as I only generally do them after a powerlift. Also feels more like an ego lift then really hitting the muscle ( obviously that’s my own fault)

Yep, same.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24461
Location: Big Willi Style
Anybody ever had their test level checked? I did the blood test and it came back below the minimum level :?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 37232
Location: Pigdogistan
DragsterDriver wrote:
Anybody ever had their test level checked? I did the blood test and it came back below the minimum level :?


Nope. Where'd you get it done?

On a slightly related note, anyone have experience with getting blood tests done with the NHS? Been meaning to do it for over a year at this stage. Got as far as registering with my local GP.
Partly out of curiosity if I don't have to pay much, and partly when I turned 30 I figured it was no harm in actually getting basic tests done before I'm older and need them for something else. I've never been to the doctor other than for sports injuries and the very occasional illness as a child.

Just ring up my GP and make an appointment?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 37232
Location: Pigdogistan
Long and leisurely afternoon shoulders and arms today.

OHP: 60 x4, 65 x3,3,3, 50 x8x8
Shrugs: 120 x10 / Lat raises: 7.5 x12, 3 sets
Incline: 62.5 x8, 3 sets
Rear delt cable flies
EZ curls / DB incline curls
TPD / OH tri extension
Face pulls
Grip work
Assault bike tabata

Went heavy with the arm work for the first time in ages (ie 10 reps or fewer). Felt good. Found a different EZ bar which is way more comfortable on my wrists and elbows.
Was messing pinching two metal 5kg plates for time as grip work. Was much easier if I chalked up. Might throw this in every so often on non-gripping days.

A buddy of mine was complaining after doing a tabata on the assault bike during the week so I thought I'd try it out. Holy crap. :lol:
Was obviously exhausted after it, but the lactic acid buildup in my quads was ridiculous. Couldn't walk properly afterwards and had to hold the bannisters going downstairs. Power output dropped off a cliff after two reps. From >650W to struggling to keep above 450.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:27 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 64274
DragsterDriver wrote:
Anybody ever had their test level checked? I did the blood test and it came back below the minimum level :?



Get thy some patches.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24461
Location: Big Willi Style
Nolanator wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
Anybody ever had their test level checked? I did the blood test and it came back below the minimum level :?


Nope. Where'd you get it done?

On a slightly related note, anyone have experience with getting blood tests done with the NHS? Been meaning to do it for over a year at this stage. Got as far as registering with my local GP.
Partly out of curiosity if I don't have to pay much, and partly when I turned 30 I figured it was no harm in actually getting basic tests done before I'm older and need them for something else. I've never been to the doctor other than for sports injuries and the very occasional illness as a child.

Just ring up my GP and make an appointment?


You’ll need to turn up at the surgery near death to get anything other than lifestyle advice :lol:

I did an online one where they send all the kit and you return it- the roiders I know do them From time to time and I’ve been a bit run down since smashing my ankle up pre Xmas. It was 4.7 should be between 7 and 35 or something. Not good!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24461
Location: Big Willi Style
bimboman wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
Anybody ever had their test level checked? I did the blood test and it came back below the minimum level :?



Get thy some patches.


I can easy get jabs or androgel stuff on the black market, there’s basically people running chemists in council flats these days it’s madness... need to get checked out first I guess. Could be meds or something doing it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 37232
Location: Pigdogistan
DragsterDriver wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
Anybody ever had their test level checked? I did the blood test and it came back below the minimum level :?


Nope. Where'd you get it done?

On a slightly related note, anyone have experience with getting blood tests done with the NHS? Been meaning to do it for over a year at this stage. Got as far as registering with my local GP.
Partly out of curiosity if I don't have to pay much, and partly when I turned 30 I figured it was no harm in actually getting basic tests done before I'm older and need them for something else. I've never been to the doctor other than for sports injuries and the very occasional illness as a child.

Just ring up my GP and make an appointment?


You’ll need to turn up at the surgery near death to get anything other than lifestyle advice :lol:

I did an online one where they send all the kit and you return it- the roiders I know do them From time to time and I’ve been a bit run down since smashing my ankle up pre Xmas. It was 4.7 should be between 7 and 35 or something. Not good!


Jaysus. Guess that explains being below par. Got a link?

I don't mean to go to the GP and ask for tests for training purposes, particularly, just curious about getting a general MOT.

Years ago I'd to get some anti fungal tablets for dealing with the shit that makes your toenails yellow and lumpy. Had to get blood tests first because apparently the tablets are hard-going on your kidneys and they've to screen for something first. My dad had the same but some blood marker was too low/high and he had to use a gel rather than tablets. Think he got bored after two weeks and stopped doing it!
I got the results back and everything was fine, but the GP suggested I reduce my protein intake and stop supplementing with creatine. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24461
Location: Big Willi Style
Nolanator wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
Anybody ever had their test level checked? I did the blood test and it came back below the minimum level :?


Nope. Where'd you get it done?

On a slightly related note, anyone have experience with getting blood tests done with the NHS? Been meaning to do it for over a year at this stage. Got as far as registering with my local GP.
Partly out of curiosity if I don't have to pay much, and partly when I turned 30 I figured it was no harm in actually getting basic tests done before I'm older and need them for something else. I've never been to the doctor other than for sports injuries and the very occasional illness as a child.

Just ring up my GP and make an appointment?


You’ll need to turn up at the surgery near death to get anything other than lifestyle advice :lol:

I did an online one where they send all the kit and you return it- the roiders I know do them From time to time and I’ve been a bit run down since smashing my ankle up pre Xmas. It was 4.7 should be between 7 and 35 or something. Not good!


Jaysus. Guess that explains being below par. Got a link?

I don't mean to go to the GP and ask for tests for training purposes, particularly, just curious about getting a general MOT.

Years ago I'd to get some anti fungal tablets for dealing with the shit that makes your toenails yellow and lumpy. Had to get blood tests first because apparently the tablets are hard-going on your kidneys and they've to screen for something first. My dad had the same but some blood marker was too low/high and he had to use a gel rather than tablets. Think he got bored after two weeks and stopped doing it!
I got the results back and everything was fine, but the GP suggested I reduce my protein intake and stop supplementing with creatine. :lol:


I think you get an MOT at 40yrs, but otherwise they hate spending money on patients.


https://www.letsgetchecked.com/gb/en/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 37232
Location: Pigdogistan
:thumbup:

Sound. I'm definitely interested in checking things like test, cholesterol, etc, but I don't want to pay for it. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24461
Location: Big Willi Style
Nolanator wrote:
:thumbup:

Sound. I'm definitely interested in checking things like test, cholesterol, etc, but I don't want to pay for it. :lol:


Stupid question, is it free when you visit home if you’re still with your Irish GP?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:21 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 64274
DragsterDriver wrote:
bimboman wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
Anybody ever had their test level checked? I did the blood test and it came back below the minimum level :?



Get thy some patches.


I can easy get jabs or androgel stuff on the black market, there’s basically people running chemists in council flats these days it’s madness... need to get checked out first I guess. Could be meds or something doing it.



Private GP in Chelmsford is worth a chat with. Might be serotonin related as well.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24461
Location: Big Willi Style
bimboman wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
bimboman wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
Anybody ever had their test level checked? I did the blood test and it came back below the minimum level :?



Get thy some patches.


I can easy get jabs or androgel stuff on the black market, there’s basically people running chemists in council flats these days it’s madness... need to get checked out first I guess. Could be meds or something doing it.



Private GP in Chelmsford is worth a chat with. Might be serotonin related as well.


Yeah crossed my mind the Zoloft is dragging it down even at a low dose.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:40 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 64274
Quote:
Yeah crossed my mind the Zoloft is dragging it down even at a low dose.




Or that you’re short test and that’s causing the other issue. I suspect it’s an issue with me but while I’m a bit heavy and BP is not “perfect”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24461
Location: Big Willi Style
bimboman wrote:
Quote:
Yeah crossed my mind the Zoloft is dragging it down even at a low dose.




Or that you’re short test and that’s causing the other issue. I suspect it’s an issue with me but while I’m a bit heavy and BP is not “perfect”


Well...I don’t expect much from the GP so it’ll probably cost me some dollar private :|


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 37232
Location: Pigdogistan
DragsterDriver wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
:thumbup:

Sound. I'm definitely interested in checking things like test, cholesterol, etc, but I don't want to pay for it. :lol:


Stupid question, is it free when you visit home if you’re still with your Irish GP?

:lol:
It costs >€50 just for them to talk to you!

I think I'm registered in 5 different practices from living in different places around Dublin.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3323
I’ve been meaning to get some tests done. I’m always tired and my gym progress is quite slow. I have a bizarrely low resting heart rate too, so wondering if it might be thyroid related. US healthcare is great if your insurance will cover what you need :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 37232
Location: Pigdogistan
Had fun squatting this morning.
Backed off my top sets a shade, I think I'm inclined to overdo the intensity a bit and not leave much room for progression. Didn't go full-on for the assistance squats either, more focus on quality of reps.
Felt better, TBH.

Squat: 120x5, 130x3,3,3
A2G paused squat: 100 x4,4,4
Low bar squat: 90 x6,6,6
Narrow stance front squat: 60 x8,8,8
Walking lunges: 20 x40 metres, 2 sets

Glutes were fried from the lunges. The deep paused squats felt good, especially after heavier sets. Slow and controlled movements. Felt like a good way to train good motor patterns. Really focusing on keeping my left hip working and not letting my pelvis kick out to the right.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:40 pm
Posts: 5891
Location: Suffolk ba
Stevus55 wrote:
I’ve been meaning to get some tests done. I’m always tired and my gym progress is quite slow. I have a bizarrely low resting heart rate too, so wondering if it might be thyroid related. US healthcare is great if your insurance will cover what you need :roll:


BP test can be self-administered, indeed I'd have thought it a cheap resource by comparison with, say gym membership :lol:
https://www.healthline.com/health/how-to-check-blood-pressure-by-hand#automated-machines

I'm no Dr, but if you have observed a drop in performance and are experiencing tiredness then it sounds as if a quick blood screening would be appropriate - red cell count and blood sugars would be pretty standard and ought not cost too much.

You might also consider tests for the nasties that men are prone to.....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:14 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 37232
Location: Pigdogistan
A couple of years ago the missus was getting her pill prescription renewed and had to get BP/HR checked as standard procedure. BP came back quite high, so she was advised to get a kit and check at home a few times. Sure enough, it was fine. She's prone to white coat hypertension.

I still use the monitor a bit when I think of it. A couple of years ago my systolic pressure was a bit high, consistently 135 or more, but the diastolic was fine.
Since increasing my cardio output (Parkrun each week) the systolic has dropped to healthier levels. Don't think I've appreciably changed my diet in that time, or changed my lifting training.

Must be the scientist in me, but I love seeing how a metric changes with changed behaviour etc.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:40 pm
Posts: 5891
Location: Suffolk ba
Nolanator wrote:
A couple of years ago the missus was getting her pill prescription renewed and had to get BP/HR checked as standard procedure. BP came back quite high, so she was advised to get a kit and check at home a few times. Sure enough, it was fine. She's prone to white coat hypertension.

I still use the monitor a bit when I think of it. A couple of years ago my systolic pressure was a bit high, consistently 135 or more, but the diastolic was fine.
Since increasing my cardio output (Parkrun each week) the systolic has dropped to healthier levels. Don't think I've appreciably changed my diet in that time, or changed my lifting training.

Must be the scientist in me, but I love seeing how a metric changes with changed behaviour etc.


If I had a kit I'd test myself before and after a dump just to see.........


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 37232
Location: Pigdogistan
:lol:

Now you're giving me ideas!

I'd love if there was a way to measure BP instantanteously, rather than over the 30 or so seconds it takes with the pressurised armband. I really want to know what my HR and BP spike to during max effort lifting. It'd probably be anough to make me reconsider my lifestyle.

I threw this pic up before, but just imagine what my heart is dealing with for these few seconds. :lol: :uhoh:
Spoiler: show
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:40 pm
Posts: 5891
Location: Suffolk ba
In order to make sense of the data you'd need to compare it to other athletes no?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 37232
Location: Pigdogistan
Oh absolutely. Data in isolation doesn't mean much. Just curious. I love quantitative metrics for stuff.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 37232
Location: Pigdogistan
I'll take it as a compliment! Better than Joost suggesting that I'm a vampire or yeeb saying that I'm ginger and have no eyebrows. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1318
Nolanator wrote:
:lol:

Now you're giving me ideas!

I'd love if there was a way to measure BP instantanteously, rather than over the 30 or so seconds it takes with the pressurised armband. I really want to know what my HR and BP spike to during max effort lifting. It'd probably be anough to make me reconsider my lifestyle.

I threw this pic up before, but just imagine what my heart is dealing with for these few seconds. :lol: :uhoh:
Spoiler: show
Image


Have you ever had burst blood vessels from a max lift?

The first time it happened to me scared the crap out of me. Lots of little dots around my eyes and neck.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24461
Location: Big Willi Style
newportblue wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
:lol:

Now you're giving me ideas!

I'd love if there was a way to measure BP instantanteously, rather than over the 30 or so seconds it takes with the pressurised armband. I really want to know what my HR and BP spike to during max effort lifting. It'd probably be anough to make me reconsider my lifestyle.

I threw this pic up before, but just imagine what my heart is dealing with for these few seconds. :lol: :uhoh:
Spoiler: show
Image


Have you ever had burst blood vessels from a max lift?

The first time it happened to me scared the crap out of me. Lots of little dots around my eyes and neck.


I have, for some inexplicable reason I held my breath in a scrum and looked like nolanator with bloodshot eyes :o


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24461
Location: Big Willi Style
Stevus55 wrote:
I’ve been meaning to get some tests done. I’m always tired and my gym progress is quite slow. I have a bizarrely low resting heart rate too, so wondering if it might be thyroid related. US healthcare is great if your insurance will cover what you need :roll:


Called the doc and going in for some bloods see what the craic is. Probably got the Gareth Thomas knowing my luck.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 37232
Location: Pigdogistan
I've never burst blled vessels from a max lift, I'm not strogn enough yet. Mind you, I can feel the pressure behind my eyes when I really go for it, so I'd imagine that they'll be the first places it'll happen.

Saw a pic on instagram the other day of a guy in the middle of a DL with the full tomato head, but the whites of his eyes were completely red too. It's fucking disgusting. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1318
DragsterDriver wrote:
newportblue wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
:lol:

Now you're giving me ideas!

I'd love if there was a way to measure BP instantanteously, rather than over the 30 or so seconds it takes with the pressurised armband. I really want to know what my HR and BP spike to during max effort lifting. It'd probably be anough to make me reconsider my lifestyle.

I threw this pic up before, but just imagine what my heart is dealing with for these few seconds. :lol: :uhoh:
Spoiler: show
Image


Have you ever had burst blood vessels from a max lift?

The first time it happened to me scared the crap out of me. Lots of little dots around my eyes and neck.


I have, for some inexplicable reason I held my breath in a scrum and looked like nolanator with bloodshot eyes :o


:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1318
Nolanator wrote:
I've never burst blled vessels from a max lift, I'm not strogn enough yet. Mind you, I can feel the pressure behind my eyes when I really go for it, so I'd imagine that they'll be the first places it'll happen.

Saw a pic on instagram the other day of a guy in the middle of a DL with the full tomato head, but the whites of his eyes were completely red too. It's fucking disgusting. :lol:


Haven’t got that bad but serious red face and massive veins in my neck/ forehead.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 37232
Location: Pigdogistan
Travelling, dinner and a few points last night, overnight in a hotel, meeting all day with sandwiches for lunch, and then traveling again meant a late bench session this evening. Felt food. Think sometimes the relief of getting a sweat on after being stuck in chairs ask day can be the best motivation.

Finished yesterday's squats with walking lunges, glutes feeling it today.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3323
Nolanator wrote:
points


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 627, 628, 629, 630, 631, 632, 633 ... 656  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bimboman, camroc1, ChipSpike, Floppykid, HighKingLeinster, irishrugbyua, nicebutdim, ovalball, piquant, Sawtooth the Beaver, Short Man Syndrome, ticketlessinseattle and 55 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group