MLB Playoffs

All things Rugby
Blackrock Bullet

MLB Playoffs

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

I cannot see a thread.

My beloved Chicago Cubs just had a wonderful 5 run second innings. The dream is alive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlIX7gi8qxA#t=11
Blackrock Bullet

Re: MLB Playoffs

6-1. We're going to be heading back to Chicago with the series tied.
Smee

Post by Smee »

Wait, don't the Cubs win the World Series in 2015 in Back to the Future II? Hmmmm.

Be crazy AF if Epstein ended the two most notorious droughts in US sports history.
Blackrock Bullet

Winning with the Cubs would be bigger as well

Another one of the curses dropping would take away a bit from the classical nature of baseball, but let's be honest the Cubs aren't going to win
village

Post by village »

Anyone see Chase Utley's slide that broke the leg of the Met's Tejada? My NY based Facebook friend was howling like a baby over it.
Smee

Post by Smee »

village wrote:Anyone see Chase Utley's slide that broke the leg of the Met's Tejada? My NY based Facebook friend was howling like a baby over it.
Yeah, it was a disgraceful play tbf and I say that as a Phillies fan, Utley didn't even touch the bag.
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

Jays owning the Rangers right now after a disastrous opening to the series in T-dot.

:thumbup:
village

Post by village »

jdogscoop wrote:Jays owning the Rangers right now after a disastrous opening to the series in T-dot.

:thumbup:
I have a soft spot for the Jays. Hope they turn that around. Would be awful to get bounced quickly by the Rangers after waiting so long for the playoffs.

Utley suspended two games for his slide.
Smee

Post by Smee »

Dodgers keep this one interesting with a 3 run homer in the 9th, down 7-13, 0 outs.
village wrote: Utley suspended two games for his slide.
His suspension is postponed pending an appeal by the players union. Pretty funny how the players union will go into bat for a player who broke another player's leg with a dirty and reckless play.
Flyin Ryan

Post by Flyin Ryan »

This as far as the country is concerned is the Cubs' playoffs. I think they'll beat the Cards and reach the NLCS.

My poor grandfather. He is in his 80s and has been a Cubs fan since the '50s. I'm a casual Reds fan but I wouldn't mind them winning it all so he could see it once in his lifetime.
LandOTurk

Post by LandOTurk »

White Sox fan myself, but will be rooting for the Cubs. Good win yesterday.
Flyin Ryan

Post by Flyin Ryan »

By the way, the Cubs win the 2015 World Series in Back to the Future II.
Snooze

Post by Snooze »

LandOTurk wrote:White Sox fan myself, but will be rooting for the Cubs. Good win yesterday.
That should/would never happen for anyone in Chi-town. No f**king way. It's like supporting United when City get knocked out of the FA Cup.

I am surprising myself here and jumped on the Blue Jays wagon about 1 month or so ago. Normally a Giants supporter and still would be if they made the playoffs (missed by a hair), but it appears the whole of Canada is actually behind a TO team - odd.
Smee

Post by Smee »

Snooze wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:White Sox fan myself, but will be rooting for the Cubs. Good win yesterday.
That should/would never happen for anyone in Chi-town. No f**k way. It's like supporting United when City get knocked out of the FA Cup.
Not sure about that. Teams from the same city often have a lot of floating fans who support both teams due to the fact that they aren't direct competitors since they play in different leagues.
Snooze

Post by Snooze »

Smee wrote:
Snooze wrote:
That should/would never happen for anyone in Chi-town. No f**k way. It's like supporting United when City get knocked out of the FA Cup.
Not sure about that. Teams from the same city often have a lot of floating fans who support both teams due to the fact that they aren't direct competitors since they play in different leagues.
I could probably find you 1 - but not 2. :D

Of course there's going to be the odd 'casual' fan, but not a 'true' fan. Of all the 2 city teams, that one has the largest divide that I've ever seen. Maybe the Mets/Yanks, but they're both plum fans so doesn't matter. :lol: . I'd love to be heavily involved in supporting a team in a 2 city team, but the closest I ever came was AKL and Harbour. They're all plum north of the bridge too.
Bowens

Post by Bowens »

Every Canadian in the world scrambling to find room on Jays' bandwagon.
Snooze

Post by Snooze »

Bowens wrote:Every Canadian in the world scrambling to find room on Jays' bandwagon.
Fuck off, we're full.
hollywood

Post by hollywood »

The Jays game was great! It has all of Canada watching baseball in record numbers.

I hope the Cubs do well. I saw them at Wrigley this summer. What a cathedral that is. Absolutely breathtaking. However, I think we all know that the Cubs will lose in some bizarre fashion.
Deadtigers

Post by Deadtigers »

The league f**ked the Mets on the Utley call. Hopefully the Mets win and make it a non-issue!
LandOTurk

Post by LandOTurk »

Snooze wrote:

I am surprising myself here and jumped on the Blue Jays wagon about 1 month or so ago. Normally a Giants supporter and still would be if they made the playoffs (missed by a hair), but it appears the whole of Canada is actually behind a TO team - odd.
Nah. I reckon about 50% of all fans will support the other Chicago team in the playoffs. Its just the noisy ones who won't. :-)
LandOTurk

Post by LandOTurk »

Snooze wrote:
Smee wrote:
Snooze wrote:
I could probably find you 1 - but not 2. :D

Of course there's going to be the odd 'casual' fan, but not a 'true' fan. Of all the 2 city teams, that one has the largest divide that I've ever seen. Maybe the Mets/Yanks, but they're both plum fans so doesn't matter. :lol: . I'd love to be heavily involved in supporting a team in a 2 city team, but the closest I ever came was AKL and Harbour. They're all plum north of the bridge too.
As I mentioned just now, this is not the case at all. When the Chi-Sox won the World Series in 2005 (I lived there then but supported them before teh win), plenty of Cubs fans were happy about it. Yes, not the uber die hard fans, but Chicago is such full-on sports town, they love to see success there.
Snooze

Post by Snooze »

LandOTurk wrote:
Snooze wrote:

Nah. I reckon about 50% of all fans will support the other Chicago team in the playoffs. Its just the noisy ones who won't. :-)
Respectfully disagree LoT. Too many large divides is they way I saw it when I was there (admittedly too short a time to make a really true assessment).

But, irrelevant to what is shaping up to be a great playoffs. Pity the Giants aren't there for me this year but it's an odd numbered year which doesn't suit us.

Think the winner of the blue teams from the AL will take it. Don't think the NL teams have the pitching tbh.
Blackrock Bullet

Epstein has done it again, it would be a finer achievement than what he did with the Red Sox

http://www.wsj.com/articles/how-the-cub ... 1445014187
The office Tom Ricketts inherited when he took over the Chicago Cubs in 2009 was a windowless room beneath the upper deck of Wrigley Field. A closet just outside his door contained all of the team’s computer servers, which were covered by a cafeteria tray to shield them from the water that would leak through the ceiling when it rained.

The Cubs were still processing season ticket orders by fax machine. They kept up on trade news by employing someone to scan the Internet for articles and deliver printouts to executives’ desks. Some of their staffers were barely on e-mail. And space was so limited that half of them worked in trailers in the parking lot.

“I’m not sure which was more embarrassing for us,” Ricketts said in an interview this week. “That half of our people were in construction trailers or that the people in construction trailers actually had better offices.”

This was the baseball stone age from which the Cubs have emerged to reach the National League Championship Series, where they’ll face the New York Mets beginning Saturday. The talk now is about whether the team can finally break the famed Curse of the Billy Goat and win its first World Series since 1908. But the resurgence of the Cubs has less to do with mythology than with how they transformed themselves into a modern sports business.

The Cubs of the 2000s were not altogether bad. They reached the NLCS in 2003 and won their division in 2007 and 2008. But even as their previous owner, Tribune Co., spent lavishly on major-league free agents, their infrastructure was crumbling.

The Cubs’ minor-league system became neglected. Wrigley Field, which opened in 1914, became increasingly antiquated. The entire operation was a relic, and not in a charming way.

When Ricketts, the son of T.D. Ameritrade founder Joseph Ricketts, led a family bid to purchase the team for around $900 million, he set out to change that in a couple of ways. The most visible was in the renovation of Wrigley, which began late last year after a lengthy dispute with owners of neighboring rooftop businesses.

Two massive video boards went up earlier this year—one overlooking left field and the other in the right-field corner—part of a multiyear project that will make the ballpark more of a cash cow for the team. And the trailer offices are long gone.

The Cubs moved staffers to temporary offices in a building down the street in 2012, and construction is underway on a new office building adjacent to the ballpark.

But the most dramatic overhaul had more to do with how the team operates than its surroundings. While slashing the major-league payroll, the Cubs spent nearly $6 million on technology upgrades. Those have enabled executives to collect and carve up data on prospective customers and prospective sluggers alike.

When Ricketts hired Theo Epstein as president of baseball operations in late 2011, the Cubs started using technology in ways they never had before. They built a proprietary computer database called Ivy, which houses everything from scouting reports to advanced statistics. They trained scouts to shoot and instantly upload video of amateur players.

These were not revolutionary advances within the industry. But for the Cubs, it felt like the space age. The team’s previous information hub was a lone secretary who kept player contracts in file cabinets.

Under Epstein, the Cubs became one of the first teams to use neuroscience computer tests to evaluate prospective draft picks. The tests, which resemble crude video games, measure how adept hitters are at recognizing pitch types and deciding whether or not to swing.

The Cubs also overhauled a staple of player evaluation for decades: the scouting report. Traditionally, scouts have been left to evaluate amateur players on their own and then file a document assessing his baseball skills and offering a gut feeling on his character. But the Cubs require scouts to document all the ways they arrived at an evaluation in real time.

If a scout meets with the parents of a player they might want to draft in eight months, he has to detail that interaction in Ivy, which allows executives to suggest questions to follow up on.

“It’s a living document,” said Jason McLeod, the Cubs’ head of player development and amateur scouting. “I want to read about it as we’re going, not get handed a piece of paper on draft day.”

Inside the brick building that houses the Cubs’ temporary offices, there are entire departments that didn’t exist before. There are around half a dozen people in the baseball research and development group. And there is a three-person mental skills department, which teaches sports psychology to players from the major leagues all the way down to the Cubs’ academy in the Dominican Republic. Minor-league players receive written performance reviews, like employees in a regular company.

Despite all the changes, the Cubs still faced widespread skepticism. In 2013, amid a two-year stretch in which they lost 197 games, a man delivered a box to Wrigley addressed to Ricketts with a severed goat’s head inside. But Ricketts maintained a steely pragmatism.

“The mythology is kind of fun,” he said. “But the fact is, the reason the Cubs haven’t won is because they haven’t had very many good teams, and when they have had good teams, they haven’t had good luck.”

The postseason is essentially a crapshoot, so the idea was simply to build an organization that could roll the dice as often as possible, however ugly the process was. “Having a team that gets there often is what’s going to get us over the hump, not eating goat stew,” Ricketts said.

As it happened, the Cubs stockpiled elite young hitters at a time when they were becoming more of a scarcity. Two of them, Kris Bryant and Anthony Rizzo, were All-Stars this year. Another, 22-year-old Kyle Schwarber, leads the team with three postseason home runs.

In Game 4 of the NLDS, Schwarber hit a towering home run that came to rest, improbably, on top of the right-field video board. It was a perfect symbol of the Cubs’ modernization.

The Cubs likely would not have drafted Schwarber in the first round out of Indiana University last year without an analytical projection model that answered this question: How is a left-handed hitter who controls the strike zone the way he does and hits for power the way he does, playing in the Big Ten and in these types of stadiums, likely to develop?

Likewise, the ball would have landed on Sheffield Avenue if not for the construction project the Cubs fought for years to push through.

The ball remains on top of the video board. The Cubs have encased it in plexiglass and will leave it in place for the rest of their playoff run, proof that in baseball, some renovations really do finish ahead of schedule.
Has anyone been to the upgraded Wrigley yet? It was a proper shithole but was majestic, reminded me of Lansdowne Road
Flyin Ryan

Post by Flyin Ryan »

No. Went to Wrigley around April 2013 for a game, my first one there. It was around that time when they agreed to do the much needed upgrade. I was in the center field bleachers and they weren't bad but were run down.
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

Most brainless chant from Jays' opposition supporters: "USA! USA! USA!"

Basically nearly all of the Jays roster is American.

If anything, it probably pumps them up.
Flyin Ryan

Post by Flyin Ryan »

jdogscoop wrote:Most brainless chant from Jays' opposition supporters: "USA! USA! USA!"

Basically nearly all of the Jays roster is American.

If anything, it probably pumps them up.
it's pretty much the Jays' only identity is that they're a Canadian team, the franchise has had nothing to live for since their last World Series win 20+ years ago
Flyin Ryan

Post by Flyin Ryan »

do or die time for the Cubbies tonight

Blue Jays stave off elimination to extend their series with the Royals to game 6
Nieghorn

Post by Nieghorn »

Toronto Public Library responded to a KCMO public library twitter picture with this...

... the original:

Flyin Ryan

Post by Flyin Ryan »

looks like die time for the Cubs, down 4-0 and they just replaced their starter after an inning and a third
LandOTurk

Post by LandOTurk »

Flyin Ryan wrote:looks like die time for the Cubs, down 4-0 and they just replaced their starter after an inning and a third
Yep!
village

Post by village »

Based on that study that showed the actual action time in a baseball game is only 18 minutes, I'd have thought some bright spark would be posting edited down game footage that would allow you to basically watch the match in under half an hour. (there's a guy who does this on youtube for College football so every game is an hour to watch). Anyone know if there are any decent extended highlights of MLB available someplace. I'd love to catch these games but what little viewing time I have these days is largely taken up by RWC, NFL and NCAA football.
Flyin Ryan

Post by Flyin Ryan »

village wrote:Based on that study that showed the actual action time in a baseball game is only 18 minutes, I'd have thought some bright spark would be posting edited down game footage that would allow you to basically watch the match in under half an hour. (there's a guy who does this on youtube for College football so every game is an hour to watch). Anyone know if there are any decent extended highlights of MLB available someplace. I'd love to catch these games but what little viewing time I have these days is largely taken up by RWC, NFL and NCAA football.
baseball is like cricket, it's a game to watch leisurely; do agree with you and it's a problem baseball has finally become aware of, they've acted before this season to speed up pitchers and stop hitters from resetting outside the box after every other pitch, usual grumbling from the players beforehand but it seems to have gone without a hitch

you can try mlb.com or mlb.tv, Major League Baseball usually puts together good highlights packages of games

Cubs get on the board in the 4th with a run but they had the bases loaded with no outs. 6-1 Mets.
village

Post by village »

Yeah I know it's preferable to watch at leisure with a beer or two. Used to enjoy that aspect when I was a student and had hours to burn. I've basically lost touch with the game over the past decade because it just requires too much time invested to feel you've seen a worthwhile amount of the full picture. I've grabbed the odd highlight from MLB.com - but these tend to boil it down to literally the scoring runs, amazing plays and a strike out or two- good but not optimal. Channel 5 in the UK has done a great job with test cricket highlights - you get a day's ( 7+ hours) play boiled down to a 45 minute show. For big test series it's ideal.
Smee

Post by Smee »

To village: MLB tv online does condensed game footage that normally last 10-15 minutes. If you go to MLB tv it's in the middle between full game coverage and highlights.
village

Post by village »

Smee wrote:To village: MLB tv online does condensed game footage that normally last 10-15 minutes. If you go to MLB tv it's in the middle between full game coverage and highlights.
Sounds perfect, thanks a lot!
bobbybobson

Post by bobbybobson »

Cubs couldn't step up and the Mets rotation is ridiculous.

Games 6 and 7 in KC should be fun. Will be happy with either team winning.

Five years ago if you'd predicted a Mets - Royals/Jays WS you'd have been laughed out of the room...great stuff :thumbup: :thumbup:
dynamo_kev

Post by dynamo_kev »

Blackrock Bullet wrote:Epstein has done it again, it would be a finer achievement than what he did with the Red Sox

http://www.wsj.com/articles/how-the-cub ... 1445014187
The office Tom Ricketts inherited when he took over the Chicago Cubs in 2009 was a windowless room beneath the upper deck of Wrigley Field. A closet just outside his door contained all of the team’s computer servers, which were covered by a cafeteria tray to shield them from the water that would leak through the ceiling when it rained.

The Cubs were still processing season ticket orders by fax machine. They kept up on trade news by employing someone to scan the Internet for articles and deliver printouts to executives’ desks. Some of their staffers were barely on e-mail. And space was so limited that half of them worked in trailers in the parking lot.

“I’m not sure which was more embarrassing for us,” Ricketts said in an interview this week. “That half of our people were in construction trailers or that the people in construction trailers actually had better offices.”

This was the baseball stone age from which the Cubs have emerged to reach the National League Championship Series, where they’ll face the New York Mets beginning Saturday. The talk now is about whether the team can finally break the famed Curse of the Billy Goat and win its first World Series since 1908. But the resurgence of the Cubs has less to do with mythology than with how they transformed themselves into a modern sports business.

The Cubs of the 2000s were not altogether bad. They reached the NLCS in 2003 and won their division in 2007 and 2008. But even as their previous owner, Tribune Co., spent lavishly on major-league free agents, their infrastructure was crumbling.

The Cubs’ minor-league system became neglected. Wrigley Field, which opened in 1914, became increasingly antiquated. The entire operation was a relic, and not in a charming way.

When Ricketts, the son of T.D. Ameritrade founder Joseph Ricketts, led a family bid to purchase the team for around $900 million, he set out to change that in a couple of ways. The most visible was in the renovation of Wrigley, which began late last year after a lengthy dispute with owners of neighboring rooftop businesses.

Two massive video boards went up earlier this year—one overlooking left field and the other in the right-field corner—part of a multiyear project that will make the ballpark more of a cash cow for the team. And the trailer offices are long gone.

The Cubs moved staffers to temporary offices in a building down the street in 2012, and construction is underway on a new office building adjacent to the ballpark.

But the most dramatic overhaul had more to do with how the team operates than its surroundings. While slashing the major-league payroll, the Cubs spent nearly $6 million on technology upgrades. Those have enabled executives to collect and carve up data on prospective customers and prospective sluggers alike.

When Ricketts hired Theo Epstein as president of baseball operations in late 2011, the Cubs started
using technology in ways they never had before. They built a proprietary computer database called Ivy, which houses everything from scouting reports to advanced statistics. They trained scouts to shoot and instantly upload video of amateur players.

These were not revolutionary advances within the industry. But for the Cubs, it felt like the space age. The team’s previous information hub was a lone secretary who kept player contracts in file cabinets.

Under Epstein, the Cubs became one of the first teams to use neuroscience computer tests to evaluate prospective draft picks. The tests, which resemble crude video games, measure how adept
hitters are at recognizing pitch types and deciding whether or not to swing.

The Cubs also overhauled a staple of player evaluation for decades: the scouting report. Traditionally, scouts have been left to evaluate amateur players on their own and then file a document assessing his baseball skills and offering a gut feeling on his character. But the Cubs require scouts to document all the ways they arrived at an evaluation in real time.

If a scout meets with the parents of a player they might want to draft in eight months, he has to detail that interaction in Ivy, which allows executives to suggest questions to follow up on.

“It’s a living document,” said Jason McLeod, the Cubs’ head of player development and amateur scouting. “I want to read about it as we’re going, not get handed a piece of paper on draft day.”

Inside the brick building that houses the Cubs’ temporary offices, there are entire departments that
didn’t exist before. There are around half a dozen people in the baseball research and development group. And there is a three-person mental skills department, which teaches sports psychology to players from the major leagues all the way down to the Cubs’ academy in the Dominican Republic. Minor-league players receive written performance reviews, like employees in a regular company.

Despite all the changes, the Cubs still faced widespread skepticism. In 2013, amid a two-year stretch in which they lost 197 games, a man delivered a box to Wrigley addressed to Ricketts with a severed goat’s head inside. But Ricketts maintained a steely pragmatism.

“The m<script id="gpt-impl-0.8558236341923475" src="http://partner.googleadservices.com/gpt ... t>ythology is kind of fun,” he said. “But the fact is, the reason the Cubs haven’t won is because they haven’t had very many
good teams, and when they have had good teams, they haven’t had good luck.”

The postseason is essentially a crapshoot, so the idea was simply to build an organization that could roll the dice as often as possible, however ugly the process was. “Having a team that gets there often is what’s going to get us over the hump, not eating goat stew,” Ricketts said.

As it happened, the Cubs stockpiled elite young hitters at a time when they were becoming more of a scarcity. Two of them, Kris Bryant and Anthony Rizzo, were All-Stars this year. Another, 22-year-old Kyle Schwarber, leads the team with three postseason home runs.

In Game 4 of the NLDS, Schwarber hit a towering home run that came to rest, improbably, on top of the right-field video board. It was a perfect symbol of the Cubs’ modernization.

The Cubs likely would not have drafted Schwarber in the first round out of Indiana University last year without an analytical projection model that answered this question: How is a left-handed hitter who controls the strike zone the way he does and hits for power the way he does, playing in the Big Ten and in these types of stadiums, likely to develop?

Likewise, the ball would have landed on Sheffield Avenue if not for the construction project the Cubs fought for years to push through.

The ball remains on top of the video board. The Cubs have encased it in plexiglass and will leave it in place for the rest of their playoff run, proof that in baseball, some renovations really do finish ahead
of schedule.
Has anyone been to the upgraded Wrigley yet? It was a proper shithole but was majestic, reminded me of Lansdowne Road
Moneyball analysis is useless. It's the curse of the goat.

"THEM CUBS, THEY AIN'T GONNA WIN NO MORE".
Deadtigers

Post by Deadtigers »

Shameless plug about me explain baseball to my wife.

http://meetthematts.com/2015/10/living- ... l-pennant/
Flyin Ryan

Post by Flyin Ryan »

Schedule:
Tuesday, October 27
Wednesday, October 28
Friday, October 30
Saturday, October 31
Sunday, November 1
Tuesday, November 3
Wednesday, November 4
Also since there is a more worldly audience on this thread, the World Baseball Classic has released their qualifying schedule for the last 4 teams to get in the field. The 4 teams that took last in the WBC in 2013 were demoted to these qualifiers. All the other teams are the same teams that were in the WBC 2013 qualifiers, with the exception of Pakistan who replaced Thailand.
• Qualifier 1 (Feb. 11-14, 2016 in Sydney, AUS): Australia, New Zealand, Philippines and South Africa
• Qualifier 2 (March 17-20, 2016 in Mexicali, MEX): Mexico, Czech Republic, Germany and Nicaragua
• Qualifier 3 (March 17-20, 2016 in Panama City, PAN): Colombia, France, Panama and Spain
• Qualifier 4 (Sept. 22-25, 2016 in Brooklyn, N.Y., USA): Brazil, Great Britain, Israel and Pakistan
Back after the 2013 WBC when it became clear Australia were going to be hosting a qualifier, I thought they should've had NZ, South Africa, and Britain all play there because it'd be a set of countries that were familiar with one another in the Commonwealth sports. They seem to have gone that route with the exception of the Philippines being in that group. It was rumored on a baseball message board the British baseball organization were initially drawn to play there, but didn't want to play in Australia because of the heat... :roll: This organization's reported goal by the way is to make the 2020 Olympic baseball competition, and what a way to announce how serious a group you are.

Anyway, Australia should win their pool. It would be a big failure if Mexico didn't win, but Nicaragua could beat them. The Panama City qualifier is up for grabs between the Spaniards (well, domesticated Dominicans and Cubans), Panama, and Colombia. For qualifier 4, they're setting the table for Israel (Jewish-Americans) to get support putting it in Brooklyn, but I hope Brazil wins. The 12 teams already in the tournament are defending champions the Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, the Netherlands, Japan, United States, Cuba, Italy, Taiwan, South Korea, Canada, Venezuela, and China.

There is a World Baseball-organized Premier 12 tournament about to take place in Taiwan and Japan schedule to start the Friday after the World Series ends. Nippon Professional Baseball are heavily interested in this tournament, but for Major League Baseball only players not on 40-man rosters are being selected. It's the same 12 teams that are already qualified for the World Baseball Classic, with the exception of Mexico replacing China.
Flyin Ryan

Post by Flyin Ryan »

After the Royals won game 1 in 14 innings, and won game 2 pretty handily, looks like the Mets will pull back 1 tonight in the first game in New York. Their rookie pitcher Syndergaard (nicknamed Thor for his long blonde hair) let up 3 in the first 2 innings, but after that pitched well for 4 more scoreless innings. Curtis Granderson and David Wright each have 2-run homers, and the Mets lead 9-3 after 6.

Royals reliever Morales had a blooper reel moment in the 6th. Had runners on 1st and 3rd with one out and the batter hits a chopper right to him. He turns immediately to 2nd who he would've thrown out if he'd thrown, but instead looks to 3rd, then looks to 1st, and finally when it's all too late he throws to 2nd, but didn't even throw to the shortstop covering 2nd, he threw to the second baseman that was off the bag, and everyone was safe getting the bases loaded. Royals manager yanked him immediately. :lol: