Chat Forum
It is currently Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:57 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145 ... 161  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:14 pm 

eldanielfire wrote:
openclashXX wrote:
he'll poll at 40% in the next election, I'd imagine - the difference between a hung parliament and him winning outright is how well the Tory vote holds up between now and then

If the Tories listened to even their own voters and started investing in education, job training, infrastructure and the NHS, they would get a landslide.

FT published something last year I remember reading showing that ironically 3 of those 4 categories (education, construction, and healthcare) are notorious for being unable to measure productivity well at all, and they're also the ones where nominal per person spending has exploded in the past 20 years in comparison to all other categories which are mostly flat to down.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:13 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:15 pm 

Newsflash: Corbyn is hypocritical twat who picks different moral standpoints when it suits his agenda

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:31 pm 

englishchief wrote:
Newsflash: Corbyn is hypocritical twat who picks different moral standpoints when it suits his agenda

He is a politician ffs :lol:
Its like the Manic Street Preachers song where they profess to be pacifists but "if they can shoot rabbits then they can shoot Fascists"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:40 pm 

c69 wrote:
So which year were the landing cards actually destroyed?

Shadow Home Secretary - "In 1948, all 1 million of the 50 000 landing documents were personally destroyed by Amber Rudd on May's direct order and all three of her should step down"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:47 pm 

message #2527204 wrote:
c69 wrote:
So which year were the landing cards actually destroyed?

Shadow Home Secretary - "In 1948, all 1 million of the 50 000 landing documents were personally destroyed by Amber Rudd on May's direct order and all three of her should step down"

Wow

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:09 pm 

I haven't been paying too much attention lately, but is the burden of proof required to accuse the Tories of something considerably lower than that required to accuse the Russians or Syrians of something?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:55 pm 

Dobbin wrote:
I haven't been paying too much attention lately, but is the burden of proof required to accuse the Tories of something considerably lower than that required to accuse the Russians or Syrians of something?

Indeed it is. I abhor this post-fact soshul meeja driven crap that passes for information and debate these days.

Apalling. Bigly apalling. x(

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:23 pm 

So now that the OPCW have concluded that the Salisbury nerve agent was used exactly as said by the UK, will Corbyn condemn Russia? According to the OPCW, Russia is continuing to lie openly.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:58 pm 

Seneca of the Night wrote:
I'm thinking about voting for Corbyn now. He seems to be pissing off some of the right people.

'Dame' Margaret Hodge?

Surprised it took a scumbag like you so long to come around on him.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:04 am 

goeagles wrote:
I'm thinking about voting for Corbyn now. He seems to be pissing off some of the right people.

'Dame' Margaret Hodge?

Have you two met? Goe is a nice guy, don't let the typical tough NorCal suburban exterior fool you. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:08 am 

bimboman wrote:

'Dame' Margaret Hodge?

Certainly your natural home ....

I'm just getting the feeling some of the great contrarians must be itching to pull the trigger on this one: Liddle, O'Neill, Burchill . . . *

* Actually scrub Burchill. She became a Zionist contrarion back when that was unfashionable and must be kicking herself now she can't pull the old switcheroo.

But seriously, when Margaret Hodge is on one side then the path to tred becomes an obvious one.

As in, back when she was still being published by Pluto Press! :lol:

Her Zionist leanings went over like a turd in a salad, needless to say.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:24 pm 

Bowens wrote:
goeagles wrote:

'Dame' Margaret Hodge?

Have you two met? Goe is a nice guy, don't let the typical tough NorCal suburban exterior fool you. :lol:

I tend to be less nice these days when it comes to antisemitic types.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:28 pm 

bimboman wrote:

'Dame' Margaret Hodge?

Certainly your natural home ....

I'm just getting the feeling some of the great contrarians must be itching to pull the trigger on this one: Liddle, O'Neill, Burchill . . . *

* Actually scrub Burchill. She became a Zionist contrarion back when that was unfashionable and must be kicking herself now she can't pull the old switcheroo.

But seriously, when Margaret Hodge is on one side then the path to tred becomes an obvious one.

You’ve got to balance the Margaret Hodge with the Shami Chakrabati or perhaps a Dianne Abbott.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:36 pm 

Man In Black wrote:
Owen Jones seems to be having a very bad day. :lol:

Finally people seem to be seeing through his bullshit and he’s gone fill tinfoil hat.

What's the idiot said/done now?

I'm blocked off his twitter BTW so I have no idea what's saying.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:06 pm 

Man In Black wrote:
Owen Jones seems to be having a very bad day. :lol:

Finally people seem to be seeing through his bullshit and he’s gone fill tinfoil hat.

He's an idiot. His meltdown on Sky is infamous and that pretty much said it all after that.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:50 pm 

He is a bell end, its only you alt right broflakes and fellow travellers that give him such attention and hate.
No one else on bored cares about the trendy lefty wuss

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:55 pm 

c69 wrote:
He is a bell end, its only you alt right broflakes and fellow travellers that give him such attention and hate.

He gets criticism from all quarters as far as I can tell.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:00 pm 

Mick Mannock wrote:
c69 wrote:

He gets criticism from all quarters as far as I can tell.

But the alt right supporters on here seem to get wound up by him and claim he speaks for the left etc.
He is a middle class mouthpiece for trendy left bollocks. Just ignore him.
I don't even know what he says apart from when right wingers and far right supporters on here are outraged by him.
:lo

l:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:03 pm 

I do not think anyone should be outraged by Owen Jones. He seems to have his fanbase though. I think he is a bit of a dick, but I think that of many humourless people.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:04 pm 

Man In Black wrote:
He's written this paranoid screed: https://medium.com/@OwenJones84/delegit ... eacd0d1837

Even Leftist Twitter seems to be sick of him. It's only the cultish Corbynistas left supporting him.

What's wrong with that? Seems reasonable. I think many more under-35s would agree with that than over.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:10 pm 

Bowens wrote:
Man In Black wrote:
He's written this paranoid screed: https://medium.com/@OwenJones84/delegit ... eacd0d1837

Even Leftist Twitter seems to be sick of him. It's only the cultish Corbynistas left supporting him.

What's wrong with that? Seems reasonable. I think many more under-35s would agree with that than over.

I must admit I didn't read it all, but the demonisation (which does exist) is aimed at Corbyn and his clique who do display behaviours many in the mainstream/centre find unpalatable.

There's some ideological zeal and intolerance left and right and it should be challenged.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:16 pm 

Bowens wrote:
Man In Black wrote:

Being under 35 means you'll not remember the IRA bombs, or Corbyns deliberate and calculated attempts to legitimise terrorism. It doesn't mean that reports of Corbyns history are invented.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:17 pm 

SamShark wrote:
Bowens wrote:
Man In Black wrote:

I must admit I didn't read it all, but the demonisation (which does exist) is aimed at Corbyn and his clique who do display behaviours many in the mainstream/centre find unpalatable.

There's some ideological zeal and intolerance left and right and it should be challenged.

Overton Window... I don't know about the UK but the center has been pushed so far right in the US that people are instinctively going left. Those who call themselves centrist now are ideologically like 1980s US conservatives.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:23 pm 

Bowens wrote:
SamShark wrote:
Bowens wrote:
Man In Black wrote:

Overton Window... I don't know about the UK but the center has been pushed so far right in the US that people are instinctively going left. Those who call themselves centrist now are ideologically like 1980s US conservatives.

In the UK the centre is further left than it was in the 1980's ..... Our current "right wing" government is similar or more central controlling and left wing than the supposed "left wing " party,led governemnt from 20 years ago.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:35 pm 

Man In Black wrote:
Bowens wrote:
Man In Black wrote:

What's wrong with that
? Seems reasonable. I think many more under-35s would agree with that than over.

It's just that a lot of it isn't true. Owen Jones gets a lot of stick, but much of it is earned IMO.

Reporters rarely call out other reporters specifically but I've now seen a few times other journalists, ones who worked with him or been on public debates (Question time, Sky News Daily Politics etc) refer to him as him knowing what he is doing and being out for himself. Basically a troll who knows his income is being a troll.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:48 pm 

Quotes man quotes :lol:
I've spent more time wading through National Libraries before the days of the internet obvs than getting my hands dirty dwn't mines

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:55 pm 

c69 wrote:
I've spend more time wading through National Libraries before the days of the internet obvs than getting my hands dirt dwn't mines

Thought so. Definitely more Mandleson than Prescott. More guacamole than mushy peas.

Not anymore though I work at the coalface now.
And it's shit atm, however my bottle of Brass Monkey Shiraz may help.
Tbh my favourite politician atm is Ken Clarke, however I really dont give a shit about politics atm as used to.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:29 am 

c69 wrote:
I've spend more time wading through National Libraries before the days of the internet obvs than getting my hands dirt dwn't mines

Thought so. Definitely more Mandleson than Prescott. More guacamole than mushy peas.

Christ man, you know the last part is a Neil Kinnock joke.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:41 am 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:20 am 

Mick Mannock wrote:
I do not think anyone should be outraged by Owen Jones. He seems to have his fanbase though. I think he is a bit of a dick, but I think that of many humourless people.

He is quite amusing on the guardian political podcast, each week he seems to need to confirm his bona fides with a "as a gay man"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:54 am 

Good to see Emily 'White Van Man' Thornberry getting a kicking on Question Time last night. Her attempts to say we should rely on the UN to do the right thing on Syria and that Russia would not be a blocker were met with derision by the entire audience.

Vince Cable did quite well but speaks as though he was the past rather than the future.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:03 am 

I don't particularly like the smug prick but at least he gets out there on the campaign trail.
Rather than just spout from behind a keyboard.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:40 pm 

c69 wrote:
I don't particularly like the smug prick but at least he gets out there on the campaign trail.
Rather than just spout from behind a keyboard.

He goes out and self-promotes himself a lot at political events, I'd hardly say he is on the campaign trail, unless he's got a camera with him..

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:35 pm 

They're not even hiding it now.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/labo ... -zrls7p058

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:58 pm 

bimboman wrote:

Paywall. Can't read unless you copy it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:05 pm 

bimboman wrote:

She is a teacher
http://www.mandyrichards.org.uk/

Looks like she might have nice bangers
https://twitter.com/Mandy4Labour?ref_sr ... r%5Eauthor

From The Times
Quote:
The newly selected Labour parliamentary candidate for the marginal seat of Worcester is a fantasist who has been placed under 14 extended civil restraint orders by the High Court.

Mandy Richards is banned from bringing court actions without a judge’s permission after false and vexatious claims against MI5, MI6, the Metropolitan police, the army, Thames Water, her gas, electricity and broadband suppliers, Royal Mail, Hackney council, her GP and the freeholder of her flat.

Richards, a strong supporter of Jeremy Corbyn, said the organisations placed her under surveillance, tampered with her car and bicycle, interfered with her mail, invaded her home or failed to protect her from attempts to poison her because of her political views.

The claims were dismissed as “totally without merit” and most of the defendants were granted restraint orders barring new claims.

Richards said her claims were dismissed “because she was a black woman”.

Richards was a Labour candidate in the 2016 London assembly election and also brought a High Court petition to challenge the result, alleging a conspiracy to cheat her involving the returning officer and Progress, Labour’s centrist group.

In a two-day hearing, she said “state-sponsored organised crime” in the case had “the potential to trigger a major national public scandal” and forced 13 witnesses, including her MP, the shadow home secretary, Diane Abbott, to give evidence in person.

Abbott said she was an “obsessive” whose claims about the election “cannot be true”.

Dismissing Richards’s case, the election commissioner, John Bowers QC, said she had pursued “conspiracy hypotheses” that were “totally unfounded”. He also criticised her for not turning up to court on time. Her actions are estimated to have cost taxpayers £500,000 in court time and legal fees.

Worcester is held by the Tory Robin Walker with a majority of less than 2,500.

Richards declined to comment.

@mragilligan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:05 pm 

eldanielfire wrote:
bimboman wrote:

Paywall. Can't read unless you copy it.

Quote:
The newly selected Labour parliamentary candidate for the marginal seat of Worcester is a fantasist who has been placed under 14 extended civil restraint orders by the High Court.

Mandy Richards is banned from bringing court actions without a judge’s permission after false and vexatious claims against MI5, MI6, the Metropolitan police, the army, Thames Water, her gas, electricity and broadband suppliers, Royal Mail, Hackney council, her GP and the freeholder of her flat.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:17 pm 

:lol: The full set

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:26 pm 

It's bad when even Diane Abbott clearly thinks you are to batshit crazy to support. She was probably passed out to Worcester on the basis of "She has no chance of winning any election".

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145 ... 161  Next