Chat Forum
It is currently Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:08 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 86947 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1683, 1684, 1685, 1686, 1687, 1688, 1689 ... 2174  Next

Whether you can or can't actually vote IRL, In, or Out
In 60%  60%  [ 248 ]
Out 40%  40%  [ 167 ]
Total votes : 415
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 64048
I like haggis wrote:
bimboman wrote:
SamShark wrote:
This article might help re politics/admin errors

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43804308



Yep, I understand the argument better.


Windrush is a major scandal. Deporting our own citizens is an absolute disgrace. Shockingly, it's quitened down because the Conservatives are in charge of it :uhoh:



How many have been deported ?

how have the conservatives changed the media narrative ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24461
Location: Big Willi Style
SamShark wrote:
Quote:
The wind rush issue has absolutely no relevance to brexit , it wasn't a "policy" as has been suggested and isn't supported by the "Brits", the posters conflating the issue are doing so because they're WUM's or absolute c unts.


Do you only read this thread for your news?

Or would you say the many others discussing the very same issues are all WUMS and c*nts?

Ignore the messengers on this thread and whether you like them or not.


People don’t debate in good faith on here, it’s a daily trawl of news sources to find a stick to beat the uk with- they don’t actually give a shite about Brexit. Why you’re suprised people are defensive I have no idea.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:54 pm
Posts: 5048
bimboman wrote:
I like haggis wrote:
bimboman wrote:
SamShark wrote:
This article might help re politics/admin errors

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43804308



Yep, I understand the argument better.


Windrush is a major scandal. Deporting our own citizens is an absolute disgrace. Shockingly, it's quitened down because the Conservatives are in charge of it :uhoh:



How many have been deported ?


Nobody knows because the HO has spent such a long time removing people of papers.

Not like you to put fingers in your ears and shout lalalala when the conservatives are shown to be cruel but scream from the rooftops when Corbyn says something. I guess it's pure coincidence like the removal of black UK citizens by the home office.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24461
Location: Big Willi Style
Has Anybody been deported in error?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 64048
Quote:
Nobody knows because the HO has spent such a long time removing people of papers.

Not like you to put fingers in your ears and shout lalalala when the conservatives are shown to be cruel but scream from the rooftops when Corbyn says something. I guess it's pure coincidence like the removal of black UK citizens by the home office.



I don't know what "removing people of papers" means, im suprised that people have been deported but not one has been identified yet considering the publicity...

Can you explain how this shows cruelty by the conservatives ? Have you found proof they knew about it and it was policy ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:54 pm
Posts: 5048
DragsterDriver wrote:
Has Anybody been deported in error?


If they didn't the Home Office would easily be able to clarify this.

When you decide to secretly destroy the landing slips of people who you invited to rebuild the country to cut the immigration numbers I'd say the deportations weren't an 'error' at all.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20518
Some of the most prolific posters on this thread would use "The British" in a pejorative sense but they can be ignored or reassured there's rare consensus on this. Look at the anti-immigrant Daily Mail front page today, or polls which say the vast majority of people are against the idea of challenging the Windrush generation immigration status.

And indeed the Govt have apologised and said it was wrong.

What shouldn't be ignored - right across Europe - is the environment that allows this to happen. People have been hurt by this and whether you call it error, policy or whatever, people just like us have been treated badly and not supported because of a need to be/look tough on immigration to satisfy some people.

Apart from in cheap point scoring nobody argues against the idea of some form of immigration controls. Sending someone "home" to a place they barely recognise isn't acceptable, and the people who have lost jobs or had serious problems accessing a passport, medical care, housing etc were badly treated because of this febrile "tough on immigration" environment.

We should welcome the fact that the more sensible media can play a part in righting some wrongs, which appears to be the case here.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 64048
I like haggis wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
Has Anybody been deported in error?


If they didn't the Home Office would easily be able to clarify this.

When you decide to secretly destroy the landing slips of people who you invited to rebuild the country to cut the immigration numbers I'd say the deportations weren't an 'error' at all.



There's some massive revelations here, when were the landing slips destroyed ? How many deportations are we talking about as the MSP haven't found any yet. This is good stuff. Anything to back your claims though as it all seems a bit unlikely.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20518
I like haggis wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
Has Anybody been deported in error?


If they didn't the Home Office would easily be able to clarify this.

When you decide to secretly destroy the landing slips of people who you invited to rebuild the country to cut the immigration numbers I'd say the deportations weren't an 'error' at all.


It's also not really the story/point.

In highlighting this, we've seen people who have been unable to access housing, healthcare, lost jobs etc because they have encountered immigration problems.

I believe - with good reason - that as a British citizen I live in a fair democratic country and could sort problems out through well organised helplines or services provided by various public authorities.

It's sad that people who have lived here all their lives, look British, sound British, had jobs for many years etc, faced these difficulties in an environment where we have set arbitrary targets for net migration, against a backdrop of the Daily Mail, Nigel Farage etc.

People can pick their own labels and narratives of what this is, but there are few people who wouldn;t agree with "wrong"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 38976
SamShark wrote:
I like haggis wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
Has Anybody been deported in error?


If they didn't the Home Office would easily be able to clarify this.

When you decide to secretly destroy the landing slips of people who you invited to rebuild the country to cut the immigration numbers I'd say the deportations weren't an 'error' at all.


It's also not really the story/point.

In highlighting this, we've seen people who have been unable to access housing, healthcare, lost jobs etc because they have encountered immigration problems.

I believe - with good reason - that as a British citizen I live in a fair democratic country and could sort problems out through well organised helplines or services provided by various public authorities.

It's sad that people who have lived here all their lives, look British, sound British, had jobs for many years etc, faced these difficulties in an environment where we have set arbitrary targets for net migration, against a backdrop of the Daily Mail, Nigel Farage etc.

People can pick their own labels and narratives of what this is, but there are few people who wouldn;t agree with "wrong"

The thing is, that they are British, no ifs, buts or maybes.

The UK government is deporting its own citizens to third countries they are not (though may have eligibility for citizenship) citizens of.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 28216
DragsterDriver wrote:
SamShark wrote:
Quote:
The wind rush issue has absolutely no relevance to brexit , it wasn't a "policy" as has been suggested and isn't supported by the "Brits", the posters conflating the issue are doing so because they're WUM's or absolute c unts.


Do you only read this thread for your news?

Or would you say the many others discussing the very same issues are all WUMS and c*nts?

Ignore the messengers on this thread and whether you like them or not.


People don’t debate in good faith on here, it’s a daily trawl of news sources to find a stick to beat the uk with- they don’t actually give a shite about Brexit. Why you’re suprised people are defensive I have no idea.


In much agreement with this. It's the same carousel of posters who have historically had some weird obsession with putting the British/English down because, well, reasons, I can only imagine of the sad or bitter variety.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:01 am
Posts: 8496
It's difficult to see how it took so long in this before someone said actually this doesn't look right, and this isn't what we expected to see happen.

Which highlights actually an issue for me in our parliamentary system, which is there's far too little review of policy changes. There's often a chance that we make errors in new policy, be it oversight, trying to cut costs overly, trying to cut costs in the wrong part of a budget with big knock on impacts to increased costs elsewhere, and you're always at risk from the law of unintended consequences, with all that being the case I've long thought we're missing a trick in not having more review of changes put live to see what's working, maybe even what's working in a manner we hadn't anticipated, and of course what's going wrong. I don't exactly want them so sunset clause every bill to the back of beyond, but we could use some actual grown up governance by the people sent to parliament rather than trying to play gotcha in this area as with many others.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:54 pm
Posts: 5048
bimboman wrote:
I like haggis wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
Has Anybody been deported in error?


If they didn't the Home Office would easily be able to clarify this.

When you decide to secretly destroy the landing slips of people who you invited to rebuild the country to cut the immigration numbers I'd say the deportations weren't an 'error' at all.



There's some massive revelations here, when were the landing slips destroyed ? How many deportations are we talking about as the MSP haven't found any yet. This is good stuff. Anything to back your claims though as it all seems a bit unlikely.


https://twitter.com/PaulBrandITV/status ... 14145?s=19

Immigration minister was lying when she said there were deportations in error? May and Rudd just apologising for things they didn't do?

Guardian's entire scoop all the papers have run with just a ruse.

The whole culture of making life as difficult as possible for immigrants they leave not happening despite what Cameron and May have said for years.

Okay, mate.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12677
Location: Coalfalls
bimboman wrote:
Quote:
Nobody knows because the HO has spent such a long time removing people of papers.

Not like you to put fingers in your ears and shout lalalala when the conservatives are shown to be cruel but scream from the rooftops when Corbyn says something. I guess it's pure coincidence like the removal of black UK citizens by the home office.



I don't know what "removing people of papers" means, im suprised that people have been deported but not one has been identified yet considering the publicity...

Can you explain how this shows cruelty by the conservatives ? Have you found proof they knew about it and it was policy ?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Look at bozo quoting another poster's word or phrase, yet again, rather than engage. Even better, look at bozo challenging another poster, yet again, to prove something he doesn't wish to believe.

This schtick never gets old.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9138
eldanielfire wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
SamShark wrote:
Quote:
The wind rush issue has absolutely no relevance to brexit , it wasn't a "policy" as has been suggested and isn't supported by the "Brits", the posters conflating the issue are doing so because they're WUM's or absolute c unts.


Do you only read this thread for your news?

Or would you say the many others discussing the very same issues are all WUMS and c*nts?

Ignore the messengers on this thread and whether you like them or not.


People don’t debate in good faith on here, it’s a daily trawl of news sources to find a stick to beat the uk with- they don’t actually give a shite about Brexit. Why you’re suprised people are defensive I have no idea.


In much agreement with this. It's the same carousel of posters who have historically had some weird obsession with putting the British/English down because, well, reasons, I cuan only imagine of the sad or bitter variety.


Ah yes! Anyonevsaying anyhing bad about the brits is a hater.

The rest of the world hates you indeed.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 64048
I like haggis wrote:
bimboman wrote:
I like haggis wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
Has Anybody been deported in error?


If they didn't the Home Office would easily be able to clarify this.

When you decide to secretly destroy the landing slips of people who you invited to rebuild the country to cut the immigration numbers I'd say the deportations weren't an 'error' at all.



There's some massive revelations here, when were the landing slips destroyed ? How many deportations are we talking about as the MSP haven't found any yet. This is good stuff. Anything to back your claims though as it all seems a bit unlikely.


https://twitter.com/PaulBrandITV/status ... 14145?s=19

Immigration minister was lying when she said there were deportations in error? May and Rudd just apologising for things they didn't do?

Guardian's entire scoop all the papers have run with just a ruse.

The whole culture of making life as difficult as possible for immigrants they leave not happening despite what Cameron and May have said for years.

Okay, mate.



You're getting animated now and making more sense than before which is an achievement. Why are apologising on behalf of the state office ? Well that's the job, it certainly doesn't imply policy or personal errors and as far as I know there's no accusation of such. Have you any proof of it being "evil" Tory policy rather than administration errors ?

N that note have you the links for the deportations that have happened that's the real scoop.

And considering your claim of making life difficult for immigrants it's amazing record numbers arrived...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:20 pm
Posts: 430
I like haggis wrote:
bimboman wrote:
I like haggis wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
Has Anybody been deported in error?


If they didn't the Home Office would easily be able to clarify this.

When you decide to secretly destroy the landing slips of people who you invited to rebuild the country to cut the immigration numbers I'd say the deportations weren't an 'error' at all.



There's some massive revelations here, when were the landing slips destroyed ? How many deportations are we talking about as the MSP haven't found any yet. This is good stuff. Anything to back your claims though as it all seems a bit unlikely.


https://twitter.com/PaulBrandITV/status ... 14145?s=19

Immigration minister was lying when she said there were deportations in error? May and Rudd just apologising for things they didn't do?

Guardian's entire scoop all the papers have run with just a ruse.

The whole culture of making life as difficult as possible for immigrants they leave not happening despite what Cameron and May have said for years.

Okay, mate.

Do you really believe that it is gov policy to make life as difficult as possible for immigrants?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:14 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 64048
MungoMan wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Quote:
Nobody knows because the HO has spent such a long time removing people of papers.

Not like you to put fingers in your ears and shout lalalala when the conservatives are shown to be cruel but scream from the rooftops when Corbyn says something. I guess it's pure coincidence like the removal of black UK citizens by the home office.



I don't know what "removing people of papers" means, im suprised that people have been deported but not one has been identified yet considering the publicity...

Can you explain how this shows cruelty by the conservatives ? Have you found proof they knew about it and it was policy ?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Look at bozo quoting another poster's word or phrase, yet again, rather than engage. Even better, look at bozo challenging another poster, yet again, to prove something he doesn't wish to believe.

This schtick never gets old.



Down mong man , down.

So quoting a posters words and asking for clarification of their meaning isn't "engaging" ? Should i be posting lots of smilies and ad homeins to get your approval. ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:20 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:54 pm
Posts: 5048
juddy wrote:
I like haggis wrote:
bimboman wrote:
I like haggis wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
Has Anybody been deported in error?


If they didn't the Home Office would easily be able to clarify this.

When you decide to secretly destroy the landing slips of people who you invited to rebuild the country to cut the immigration numbers I'd say the deportations weren't an 'error' at all.



There's some massive revelations here, when were the landing slips destroyed ? How many deportations are we talking about as the MSP haven't found any yet. This is good stuff. Anything to back your claims though as it all seems a bit unlikely.


https://twitter.com/PaulBrandITV/status ... 14145?s=19

Immigration minister was lying when she said there were deportations in error? May and Rudd just apologising for things they didn't do?

Guardian's entire scoop all the papers have run with just a ruse.

The whole culture of making life as difficult as possible for immigrants they leave not happening despite what Cameron and May have said for years.

Okay, mate.

Do you really believe that it is gov policy to make life as difficult as possible for immigrants?


https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews ... ption.html ... Yes?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:54 pm
Posts: 5048
juddy wrote:
I like haggis wrote:
bimboman wrote:
I like haggis wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
Has Anybody been deported in error?


If they didn't the Home Office would easily be able to clarify this.

When you decide to secretly destroy the landing slips of people who you invited to rebuild the country to cut the immigration numbers I'd say the deportations weren't an 'error' at all.



There's some massive revelations here, when were the landing slips destroyed ? How many deportations are we talking about as the MSP haven't found any yet. This is good stuff. Anything to back your claims though as it all seems a bit unlikely.


https://twitter.com/PaulBrandITV/status ... 14145?s=19

Immigration minister was lying when she said there were deportations in error? May and Rudd just apologising for things they didn't do?

Guardian's entire scoop all the papers have run with just a ruse.

The whole culture of making life as difficult as possible for immigrants they leave not happening despite what Cameron and May have said for years.

Okay, mate.

Do you really believe that it is gov policy to make life as difficult as possible for immigrants?


https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews ... ption.html

Theresa May seems to think it is.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 64048
Quote:
We’re going to give illegal migrants a really hostile reception’


What a bastard.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20518
eldanielfire wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
SamShark wrote:
Quote:
The wind rush issue has absolutely no relevance to brexit , it wasn't a "policy" as has been suggested and isn't supported by the "Brits", the posters conflating the issue are doing so because they're WUM's or absolute c unts.


Do you only read this thread for your news?

Or would you say the many others discussing the very same issues are all WUMS and c*nts?

Ignore the messengers on this thread and whether you like them or not.


People don’t debate in good faith on here, it’s a daily trawl of news sources to find a stick to beat the uk with- they don’t actually give a shite about Brexit. Why you’re suprised people are defensive I have no idea.


In much agreement with this. It's the same carousel of posters who have historically had some weird obsession with putting the British/English down because, well, reasons, I can only imagine of the sad or bitter variety.


I'm not surprised at some things; after many years of posting it's clear that people like Camroc, Hellraiser, La Soule etc will take an anti English/British view whatever the subject, be it rugby or politics.

What I am surprised at is that criticism of Brexit is sometimes written off as anti-English. I can assure you I'm not anti English and have bickered endlessly with those same posters on other threads.

But backing Brexit, or taking a neutral or unquestioning view is not pro-British or pro-English. Quite the contrary - the people who seem to dislike the idea of Britain, whether it's Corbyn or the Daily Mail, love a bit of Brexit.

Despite being referred to daily as "the left", "hysterical" etc, I do regard myself as debating in good faith with the best interests of Britain at heart.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:48 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:54 pm
Posts: 5048
bimboman wrote:
Quote:
We’re going to give illegal migrants a really hostile reception’


What a bastard.


Right, the lines blur when they're actually legal and your Home Office decides to destroy the record they are legal ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:48 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:54 pm
Posts: 5048
bimboman wrote:
Quote:
We’re going to give illegal migrants a really hostile reception’


What a bastard.


Right, the lines blur when they're actually legal and your Home Office decides to destroy the record they are legal ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:50 am 
Online

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3791
Are there now different classes of opinion on Brexit depending on which rugby team you support?

Is Brexit to be a Brits only thread or are views from posters with differing national perspectives to be discounted?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24461
Location: Big Willi Style
SamShark wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
SamShark wrote:
Quote:
The wind rush issue has absolutely no relevance to brexit , it wasn't a "policy" as has been suggested and isn't supported by the "Brits", the posters conflating the issue are doing so because they're WUM's or absolute c unts.


Do you only read this thread for your news?

Or would you say the many others discussing the very same issues are all WUMS and c*nts?

Ignore the messengers on this thread and whether you like them or not.


People don’t debate in good faith on here, it’s a daily trawl of news sources to find a stick to beat the uk with- they don’t actually give a shite about Brexit. Why you’re suprised people are defensive I have no idea.


In much agreement with this. It's the same carousel of posters who have historically had some weird obsession with putting the British/English down because, well, reasons, I can only imagine of the sad or bitter variety.


I'm not surprised at some things; after many years of posting it's clear that people like Camroc, Hellraiser, La Soule etc will take an anti English/British view whatever the subject, be it rugby or politics.

What I am surprised at is that criticism of Brexit is sometimes written off as anti-English. I can assure you I'm not anti English and have bickered endlessly with those same posters on other threads.

But backing Brexit, or taking a neutral or unquestioning view is not pro-British or pro-English. Quite the contrary - the people who seem to dislike the idea of Britain, whether it's Corbyn or the Daily Mail, love a bit of Brexit.

Despite being referred to daily as "the left", "hysterical" etc, I do regard myself as debating in good faith with the best interests of Britain at heart.


All well and good, but I’ll be waiting for some facts before I condemn the loading of Jamaicans onto cattle trucks.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:20 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:54 pm
Posts: 5048
Very noble Dragster but the immigration minister admits this has happened. May and Rudd are apologising to commanwealth heads of state at their meetings this week... It's pretty clear what has happened.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:20 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:54 pm
Posts: 5048
Double


Last edited by I like haggis on Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 28216
La soule wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
SamShark wrote:
Quote:
The wind rush issue has absolutely no relevance to brexit , it wasn't a "policy" as has been suggested and isn't supported by the "Brits", the posters conflating the issue are doing so because they're WUM's or absolute c unts.


Do you only read this thread for your news?

Or would you say the many others discussing the very same issues are all WUMS and c*nts?

Ignore the messengers on this thread and whether you like them or not.


People don’t debate in good faith on here, it’s a daily trawl of news sources to find a stick to beat the uk with- they don’t actually give a shite about Brexit. Why you’re suprised people are defensive I have no idea.


In much agreement with this. It's the same carousel of posters who have historically had some weird obsession with putting the British/English down because, well, reasons, I cuan only imagine of the sad or bitter variety.


Ah yes! Anyonevsaying anyhing bad about the brits is a hater.

The rest of the world hates you indeed.


Not the rest of the world, just some unhealthy obsessives.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9138
SamShark wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
SamShark wrote:
Quote:
The wind rush issue has absolutely no relevance to brexit , it wasn't a "policy" as has been suggested and isn't supported by the "Brits", the posters conflating the issue are doing so because they're WUM's or absolute c unts.


Do you only read this thread for your news?

Or would you say the many others discussing the very same issues are all WUMS and c*nts?

Ignore the messengers on this thread and whether you like them or not.


People don’t debate in good faith on here, it’s a daily trawl of news sources to find a stick to beat the uk with- they don’t actually give a shite about Brexit. Why you’re suprised people are defensive I have no idea.


In much agreement with this. It's the same carousel of posters who have historically had some weird obsession with putting the British/English down because, well, reasons, I can only imagine of the sad or bitter variety.


I'm not surprised at some things; after many years of posting it's clear that people like Camroc, Hellraiser, La Soule etc will take an anti English/British view whatever the subject, be it rugby or politics.

What I am surprised at is that criticism of Brexit is sometimes written off as anti-English. I can assure you I'm not anti English and have bickered endlessly with those same posters on other threads.

But backing Brexit, or taking a neutral or unquestioning view is not pro-British or pro-English. Quite the contrary - the people who seem to dislike the idea of Britain, whether it's Corbyn or the Daily Mail, love a bit of Brexit.

Despite being referred to daily as "the left", "hysterical" etc, I do regard myself as debating in good faith with the best interests of Britain at heart.



Looks like I am being blamed fro Brexit now.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 28216
SamShark wrote:
I'm not surprised at some things; after many years of posting it's clear that people like Camroc, Hellraiser, La Soule etc will take an anti English/British view whatever the subject, be it rugby or politics.

What I am surprised at is that criticism of Brexit is sometimes written off as anti-English. I can assure you I'm not anti English and have bickered endlessly with those same posters on other threads.

But backing Brexit, or taking a neutral or unquestioning view is not pro-British or pro-English. Quite the contrary - the people who seem to dislike the idea of Britain, whether it's Corbyn or the Daily Mail, love a bit of Brexit.

Despite being referred to daily as "the left", "hysterical" etc, I do regard myself as debating in good faith with the best interests of Britain at heart.


To be fair Sam, I think most or all here will exempt you from those sort of generalizations of Remainers or Brexit-Critics.

Likewise there's a fair few Brexiters on this thread would would not fit any sort of Daily Mail Stereotype. Though Bimboman who used to be unfailingly polite (Unless I'm mixing him up) seems to have become quite highly strung on recent political trends and seems to grasp onto any right-leaning pro-Brexit bias regardless of reasoning.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 28216
La soule wrote:
[


Looks like I am being blamed fro Brexit now.



Of course! It was all down to you, Nigel Farrage and Boris Johnson.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9138
eldanielfire wrote:
La soule wrote:
[


Looks like I am being blamed fro Brexit now.



Of course! It was all down to you, Nigel Farrage and Boris Johnson.



I am sorry :(


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9138
Irish border to be resolved before any deals is agreed, including transition period:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-43806840


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24461
Location: Big Willi Style
I like haggis wrote:
Very noble Dragster but the immigration minister admits this has happened. May and Rudd are apologising to commanwealth heads of state at their meetings this week... It's pretty clear what has happened.


Let's see some numbers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20518
DragsterDriver wrote:
I like haggis wrote:
Very noble Dragster but the immigration minister admits this has happened. May and Rudd are apologising to commanwealth heads of state at their meetings this week... It's pretty clear what has happened.


Let's see some numbers.


365


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 64048
I like haggis wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Quote:
We’re going to give illegal migrants a really hostile reception’


What a bastard.


Right, the lines blur when they're actually legal and your Home Office decides to destroy the record they are legal ;)



Captain calamity went with this question at PM's questions about 10 minutes ago.

They decision to destroy the landing cards was made in 2009 with the home office under a Labour government.

It was quite amusing watching Steptoe shoot himself in the foot again though.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:27 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3791
SamShark wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
I like haggis wrote:
Very noble Dragster but the immigration minister admits this has happened. May and Rudd are apologising to commanwealth heads of state at their meetings this week... It's pretty clear what has happened.


Let's see some numbers.


365


Well actually the Home Office has now admitted to currently knowing of 49 such cases. Not too bad really is it? They only have themselves to blame for not having kept better records.

Can't give you any numbers on how many Jamaicans in a similar position may now be fearing deportation - or NHS access etc


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24461
Location: Big Willi Style
bimboman wrote:
I like haggis wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Quote:
We’re going to give illegal migrants a really hostile reception’


What a bastard.


Right, the lines blur when they're actually legal and your Home Office decides to destroy the record they are legal ;)



Captain calamity went with this question at PM's questions about 10 minutes ago.

They decision to destroy the landing cards was made in 2009 with the home office under a Labour government.

It was quite amusing watching Steptoe shoot himself in the foot again though.


:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24461
Location: Big Willi Style
SamShark wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
I like haggis wrote:
Very noble Dragster but the immigration minister admits this has happened. May and Rudd are apologising to commanwealth heads of state at their meetings this week... It's pretty clear what has happened.


Let's see some numbers.


365


1 is too many, 365 is scandalous.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 86947 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1683, 1684, 1685, 1686, 1687, 1688, 1689 ... 2174  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Biffer29, Bogbunny, Grizz Wyllie, Hong Kong, irishrugbyua, Mullet 2, Property, Risteard, shereblue and 51 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group