OFFICIAL Match Thread - Scotland vs. France 6 nations 2016

All things Rugby
World Class Phil

OFFICIAL Match Thread - Scotland vs. France 6 nations 2016

Post by World Class Phil »

Image VS. Image

Spoiler: show
Sunday 13th March 2016 15:00 (16:00 French time)

UK broadcast: BBC

Chief Plums:

excused because it's England

Coaches:

Teams:

Scotland:

1. Dickinson
2. Ford
3. WP
4. Gray snr
5. Gray jnr
6. Barclay
7. Hardie
8. Strauss

9. Laidlaw
10. Russell
11. Visser
12. Dunbar
13. Taylor
14. Seymour
15. Hogg

Subbies
16. McInally
17. Sutherland
18. Low
19. Swinson
20. Wilson
21. Hidalgo-Clyne
22. Horne
23. Lamont

France:

15 Scott Spedding,14 Virimi Vakatawa, 13 Gaël Fickou, 12 Maxime Mermoz, 11 Wesley Fofana, 10 François Trinh-Duc, 9 Machenaud Machenaud, 8 Damien Chouly, 7 Yacouba Camara, 6 Wenceslas Lauret, 5 Alexandre Flanquart, 4 Yoann Maestri, 3 Rabah Slimani, 2 Guilhem Guirado (c), 1 Jefferson Poirot
Replacements: 16 Camille Chat, 17 Vincent Pelo, 18 Uini Atonio, 19 Sebastien Vahaamahina, 20 Loann Goujon, 21 Sébastien Bézy, 22 Jules Plisson, Maxime Médard

Match Officials:

Glen Jackson (NZR) Referee
:uhoh:

Wayne Barnes (RFU) Assistant Referee
:x

Marius Mitrea (FIR) Assistant Referee
:?

Ben Skeen (NZR) TMO
:|
Spoiler: show
Last edited by World Class Phil on Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chuckles1188

Re: OFFICIAL Match Thread - Scotland vs. France 6 nations 20

Post by Chuckles1188 »

I'm backing Scotland to take this through Laidlaw's boot.
Troll

Post by Troll »

Seriously, why can Barnes not be the main official? :x

Sub in Y'on Irish clown for Mitrea (optional Clancy for Barnes, Barnes doesn't interfere negatively from the sides, whilst Clancy does) and we've got one of the poorest official line-ups going around.

France by 10+
miladiou

Post by miladiou »

19 posts in and already creating match threads. Well done Sir for being a pushy upstart :thumbup:

Despite the history between these two sides I cannot see France winning this game.

Its the game we HAVE to win to allow us (for the first time in 4 years) to win three games in a 6 nations. A win would mark a clear change from the desolation of the PSA years. Its also why we won't win it. Away in Scotland against a vastly improved Scottish side.

Scotland by less than 7. :(
Lorthern Nights

Post by Lorthern Nights »

Taking my 3 daughters (and wife) down to this for their first ever international so hopefully it will be a good game with plenty of banter with the frogies, my wife being half frog and the girls able to speak the lingo too should also help.

If we win this then we can go into the oirish game with a bit of confidence hoping to also claim 3 wins and keep us on an upward curve, we dont like stuffy teams though and this French team are far from free flowing exciting stuff so we could well struggle.

Hope not.
World Class Phil

Shocking effort from all the other nations whose matches are 1 day before this one.

Useless plums the lot of you! :twisted:
Frodder

Post by Frodder »

World Class Phil wrote:Shocking effort from all the other nations whose matches are 1 day before this one.

Get you
Frodder

Post by Frodder »

Frodder wrote:
World Class Phil wrote:Shocking effort from all the other nations whose matches are 1 day before this one.

Get you
oh, and it's Scotland by 10
OptimisticJock

Post by OptimisticJock »

Jocks by 12
World Class Phil

France by 4 to offset all this hopeless optimism
Steamin Beamin

Post by Steamin Beamin »

France to suddenly "click" and demolish us. Then next weekend they will "unclick", handing England the Grand Slam. :uhoh:
Torquemada 1420

Post by Torquemada 1420 »

miladiou wrote:19 posts in and already creating match threads. Well done Sir for being a pushy upstart :thumbup:

Despite the history between these two sides I cannot see France winning this game.

Its the game we HAVE to win to allow us (for the first time in 4 years) to win three games in a 6 nations. A win would mark a clear change from the desolation of the PSA years. Its also why we won't win it. Away in Scotland against a vastly improved Scottish side.

It's jrp in disguise.

No comment on the game until I see the team Noves selects and the weather.
Smutley

Post by Smutley »

Steamin Beamin wrote:France to suddenly "click" and demolish us. Then next weekend they will "unclick", handing England the Grand Slam. :uhoh:
This was my thought too. It behoves all good Frenchmen and true to consider this and save themselves for spoiling the rosbifs party.

Plisson for 10, please :)
miladiou

Post by miladiou »

Torquemada 1420 wrote:
miladiou wrote:19 posts in and already creating match threads. Well done Sir for being a pushy upstart :thumbup:

It's jrp in disguise.

Overcast but no rain!

When does Noves name the team? Thursday?

If we pick Plisson again I cannot see us winning. That's it I've made up my mind. He's just not good enough for international rugby! A lot of people actually forget that he was largely absent during SF glorious charge to the Brennus. The ship being steered by Morne Steyn.

Tin Duck might have had countless chances and never really convinced but that was a long long time ago. I'm banking on Tin Duck being more mature and level headed after his years in the wilderness. Tin Duck to smash it. Otherwise we had best withdraw from international rugby altogether as we don't even have 1 fly half worth of the top flight club game let alone internationals.
Frodder

Post by Frodder »

miladiou wrote:
Torquemada 1420 wrote:

It's jrp in disguise.

Overcast but no rain!

If we pick Plisson again I cannot see us winning. That's it I've made up my mind. He's just not good enough for international rugby! A lot of people actually forget that he was largely absent during SF glorious charge to the Brennus. The ship being steered by Morne Steyn.

Tin Duck might have had countless chances and never really convinced but that was a long long time ago. I'm banking on Tin Duck being more mature and level headed after his years in the wilderness. Tin Duck to smash it. Otherwise we had best withdraw from international rugby altogether as we don't even have 1 fly half worth of the top flight club game let alone internationals.
I see you've cheered up :thumbup:
Torquemada 1420

miladiou wrote: If we pick Plisson again I cannot see us winning. That's it I've made up my mind. He's just not good enough for international rugby! A lot of people actually forget that he was largely absent during SF glorious charge to the Brennus. The ship being steered by Morne Steyn.
Plisson did okay (one of the few) in dire conditions and a terrible game against Pau.

You need to recheck your stats on Plisson's game play last season for Paris. ;)
miladiou

Post by miladiou »

Torquemada 1420 wrote:
miladiou wrote: If we pick Plisson again I cannot see us winning. That's it I've made up my mind. He's just not good enough for international rugby! A lot of people actually forget that he was largely absent during SF glorious charge to the Brennus. The ship being steered by Morne Steyn.
Plisson did okay (one of the few) in dire conditions and a terrible game against Pau.

He had no part in the phase finale. Of that I am certain!
miladiou

Post by miladiou »

Frodder wrote:
miladiou wrote:
Torquemada 1420 wrote:

It's jrp in disguise.

Overcast but no rain!

I see you've cheered up :thumbup:
This is a happy as I get. Make the most of it! :smug: :thumbup:
Gwenno

Post by Gwenno »

The Scots to wear white?
lexpat

Post by lexpat »

Gwenno wrote:The Scots to wear white?
Being the home team they should .
Gwenno

Post by Gwenno »

lexpat wrote:
Gwenno wrote:The Scots to wear white?
Being the home team they should .
A great thing about rugby union.
dargotronV.1

Post by dargotronV.1 »

France just don't click the way they used to. Which probably means it will happen on Sunday. Scotland have upped their physical intensity since WP and Hardie came in. If we can compete physically, we may just have enough. If we can't, our only chance is to run around the buggers.
Torquemada 1420

miladiou wrote:
Torquemada 1420 wrote:

He had no part in the phase finale. Of that I am certain!
He started >20 games which means he can hardly not be considered to have played his part. Most of the season, whenever Steyn came on, Paris looked crap. Because Steyn is/are crap.
croyals

Post by croyals »

France by 4. Two incidents of serious foul play.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Fancy a comfortable win for the Scots.
lexpat

Post by lexpat »

FFS Miladiou could you stop your rambling a little bit , you "start" to be very boring . Keep this shite for the Fr/Eng game if you will as it will be a lot of trolling from the rostbeefs .
Laurent

Post by Laurent »

croyals wrote:France by 4. Two incidents of serious foul play.
Hagis molestation and Andouillette Squeezed :lol: :thumbup:
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

I want France to be beaten in this game with a pathetic performance just so that it provokes enough of a response on the last Saturday to scupper England's championship and possible GS.
World Class Phil

Re-watching the game against Italy Bennett had a decent if unspectacular game, made his tackles apart from a bad missed one on Campagnaro, carried ok but mainly in busy channels and a decent pass to put Seymour into space at the start of the first half.

Scotland should have the edge at the breakdown with Barclay and Hardie (possibly Fraser Brown to come on instead of McInally?), Taylor also gets involved frequently as well. Guirado and Ben Arous the main fetchers for France.
miladiou

Post by miladiou »

World Class Phil wrote:Re-watching the game against Italy Bennett had a decent if unspectacular game, made his tackles apart from a bad missed one on Campagnaro, carried ok but mainly in busy channels and a decent pass to put Seymour into space at the start of the first half.

Scotland should have the edge at the breakdown with Barclay and Hardie (possibly Fraser Brown to come on instead of McInally?), Taylor also gets involved frequently as well. Guirado and Ben Arous the main fetchers for France.
:lol:

Follow French rugby closely do you son?

Firstly Ben Arous has been injured since the Ireland game. Poirot has been playing at LH since (I guess Black players all look the same to you pasty gingers).

Secondly Lauret our 7 is our main fetcher. He has some of the best stats in the competition in terms of tackle and turnover. Whilst the viewing public has not really noticed him a good number of Brit 'pundits/experts' have been quite impressed. I don't think Scotland will have it all its own way at ruck time.
Laurent

Post by Laurent »

miladiou wrote:
World Class Phil wrote:Re-watching the game against Italy Bennett had a decent if unspectacular game, made his tackles apart from a bad missed one on Campagnaro, carried ok but mainly in busy channels and a decent pass to put Seymour into space at the start of the first half.

Firstly Ben Arous has been injured since the Ireland game. Poirot has been playing at LH since (I guess Black players all look the same to you pasty gingers).

Secondly Lauret our 7 is our main fetcher. He has some of the best stats in the competition in terms of tackle and turnover. Whilst the viewing public has not really noticed him a good number of Brit 'pundits/experts' have been quite impressed. I don't think Scotland will have it all its own way at ruck time.
vahamina is also not a bad choice
miladiou

Post by miladiou »

True Vahaa had the most turnovers in the Euro cup group stages alongside Lauret if not mistaken.
Torquemada 1420

Laurent wrote:
croyals wrote:France by 4. Two incidents of serious foul play.
Hagis molestation and Andouillette Squeezed :lol: :thumbup:
Great player he was
Torquemada 1420

miladiou wrote:

Lauret is the ONLY fetcher. In the absence of Domingo, Burban, Bonfils, Lopez and Basta: who are all great at turning over the ball.

{EDIT} In regards Rubberlips, all I can say is "I told you so" (for 3 years). :frown:
Lorthern Nights

Post by Lorthern Nights »

miladiou wrote:

France are favourites going into this, we are mildly optimistic as we have at times played some decent attacking rugby which so far this tournament France have not, so fingers crossed that we might be able to pull of a win against the odds.
Toulon's Not Toulouse

Post by Toulon's Not Toulouse »

5 blood subs, 1 yellow, 2 citings.
johnstrac

Post by johnstrac »

Horrible feeling that Scotland will revert to type and throw away the match from a winnable position and then go to a brave defeat in Dublin.
Laurent

Post by Laurent »

Torquemada 1420 wrote:
miladiou wrote:

Lauret is the ONLY fetcher. In the absence of Domingo, Burban, Bonfils, Lopez and Basta: who are all great at turning over the ball.

{EDIT} In regards Rubberlips, all I can say is "I told you so" (for 3 years). :frown:
Broken clock syndrome :P
World Class Phil

miladiou wrote:

:blush: :blush:

bad mistake on my part, think I just missed the lineup announcements for the Welsh game

Forgot about Lauret as well it's the damn week break messing up my short term memory, I blame concussion...

I remember one of the last close games between France and NZ in which he (Lauret) was probably one of the best players on the pitch. Think he wore a red scrumcap back then so was a bit more immediately noticeable
Frodder

Post by Frodder »

Lorthern Nights wrote:
miladiou wrote:

France are favourites going into this, we are mildly optimistic as we have at times played some decent attacking rugby which so far this tournament France have not, so fingers crossed that we might be able to pull of a win against the odds.
The Mocker gods would be proud.........Sco by 10