English clubs have no heart

All things Rugby
Glaston

English clubs have no heart

Post by Glaston »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/ ... ish-rugby/

Andrew Hore, who recently left his position as the chief exec of Welsh club Ospreys after four years, has warned the 27-year-old against making such a switch.
"The only thing I would say with Kurtley going to Wasps is you're going to get very limited support," Hore said. "They're very transient clubs whereas here we know we're representing the community. "The English clubs have become very transient and they've got no soul, no heart. There's a lot of downsides to Europe. It's not always about how much money you put in a kid's back pocket; it's about the environment around them."

I mean seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Leicester, Exeter, Glouc, Bath,Tampon etc

As opposed to the Brumbies, Force, Rebels etc

and the Welsh regions
Last edited by Glaston on Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
globus

Re: English clubs have no heart

Post by globus »

What about spades and diamonds?
Keith

Post by Keith »

Bit racist
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

No one can say he's wrong.
globus

Post by globus »

Keith wrote:Bit racist
I suppose it was always on the cards.
fisgard792

Post by fisgard792 »

Glaston wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/ ... ish-rugby/

Andrew Hore, who recently left his position as the chief exec of Welsh club Ospreys after four years, has warned the 27-year-old against making such a switch.
"The only thing I would say with Kurtley going to Wasps is you're going to get very limited support," Hore said. "They're very transient clubs whereas here we know we're representing the community. "The English clubs have become very transient and they've got no soul, no heart. There's a lot of downsides to Europe. It's not always about how much money you put in a kid's back pocket; it's about the environment around them."

and the Welsh regions
wouldn't he have been at the O's, when they had the largest wage bill in british rugby
Keith

Post by Keith »

globus wrote:
Where is that old queen OS these days?
Chuckles1188

Post by Chuckles1188 »

Absolute codswallop. When Saints won the Premiership a couple of seasons back the entire town threw them a massive party

Chuckles1188

Post by Chuckles1188 »

Floppykid wrote:No one can say he's wrong.
I can. He's talking out of his bottom if he's talking about all of them. Sarries are a bit soulless for sure but they're the exception rather than the rule
Keith

Post by Keith »

Chuckles1188 wrote:
I can. He's talking out of his bottom if he's talking about all of them. Sarries are a bit soulless for sure but they're the exception rather than the rule
Add the Coventry Wasps to that list.
globus

Post by globus »

Keith wrote:
globus wrote:
Has he jacked it in?
Keith

Post by Keith »

globus wrote:
Keith wrote:
globus wrote:
Has he jacked it in?
I've heard some euphemisms in my time, but.... :shock:
Dobbin

Post by Dobbin »

transient?
Chuckles1188

Post by Chuckles1188 »

Keith wrote:
Chuckles1188 wrote:
They've put in a damn sight more effort into building a relationship with the city than CCFC have in my lifetime. Several players spend time at Broadstreet RFC, Coventry RFC have reported that the club were nothing but courteous to them from the beginning, they offered a bunch of free tickets to their games to schools around the city on first arriving and maintain dialogue with local schools, they have offered coaching resources to and got a good response from lots of local schools (and indeed one of them has switched from football to rugby as their main sports focus largely thanks to the superior support the club offer compared to their football counterparts), and they made a lot of overtures to local businesses upon first arriving and continue to be a common venue for business meetings. It's pretty tough to imagine how much more they could be doing.
Keith

Post by Keith »

Chuckles1188 wrote:
Keith wrote:
Chuckles1188 wrote:
They've put in a damn sight more effort into building a relationship with the city than CCFC have in my lifetime. Several players spend time at Broadstreet RFC, Coventry RFC have reported that the club were nothing but courteous to them from the beginning, they offered a bunch of free tickets to their games to schools around the city on first arriving and maintain dialogue with local schools, they have offered coaching resources to and got a good response from lots of local schools (and indeed one of them has switched from football to rugby as their main sports focus largely thanks to the superior support the club offer compared to their football counterparts), and they made a lot of overtures to local businesses upon first arriving and continue to be a common venue for business meetings. It's pretty tough to imagine how much more they could be doing.
As a non-Pest, the new stadium is dull, they're a London club playing in Coventry, and they're full of bought-in players, many of whom are foreign. I imagine in a few years they'll address the majority of those points, but at the moment, they're no better than an NFL franchise to me.
Chuckles1188

Post by Chuckles1188 »

Keith wrote:
Chuckles1188 wrote:
Keith wrote:
Chuckles1188 wrote:
As a non-Pest, the new stadium is dull, they're a London club playing in Coventry, and they're full of bought-in players, many of whom are foreign. I imagine in a few years they'll address the majority of those points, but at the moment, they're no better than an NFL franchise to me.
Those are valid criticisms but they don't equal "soulless"
Raggs

Post by Raggs »

They haven't played in London for over a decade. Stadium isn't dull in the slightest, the fan village is a great laugh, even for the non-big games. OK, it's a big stadium, and bums on seats will be an issue at times, but attendance is still significantly up over what it was at Adams park, and a lot of london support find it easier to get to the Ricoh than Adams Park!
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Got to admit as a Wasps fan the best thing for my about beating Exeter was seeing Nathan Hughes crying afterwards. Showed just how much it meant to the lads :thumbup:
Raggs

Post by Raggs »

Anonymous. wrote:
Got to admit as a Wasps fan the best thing for my about beating Exeter was seeing Nathan Hughes crying afterwards. Showed just how much it meant to the lads :thumbup:
Gopperth reckons he's never reacted to a kick like that before either. Piutau didn't look soulless either, and I doubt Smith would be bothering to put his body on the line so often if he didn't care. All overseas players, all part of the soul of the club.
Keith

Post by Keith »

Raggs wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
Gopperth reckons he's never reacted to a kick like that before either. Piutau didn't look soulless either, and I doubt Smith would be bothering to put his body on the line so often if he didn't care. All overseas players, all part of the soul of the club.
I'm fairly sure the Sarries lads are just as invested in their soulless club, too.
fisgard792

Post by fisgard792 »

in fairness, i dont think wasps had much choice, if the club as a professional being was to carry on, and i would wish them good luck on the back of their history, albeit based in london

i understand they are moving their training up to coventry as well next season, so to all purposes they will be a midlands club

as for soul, well they 2 of the most loyal rugby club supporters who have posted on here, and i dont doubt they will make lots of effort to engage with the community, as they transition to a midlands club,

the midlands / london issue will be about for a generation in time, but i dont doubt there are good rugby people within the club, hence all the best to them
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

Raggs wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
Oh, I'm very much of the opinion that big money overseas players are part of the heart and soul of Wasps.
BurrowHill

Post by BurrowHill »

What an ignorant, bitter little Welshmen.

Clubs like Leicester, Bath, Gloucester, Northampton etc have very little support, no heart and soul and do very little for the community?!

And then there's Ospreys, a very recently formed franchise, playing in an empty plastic identikit stadium...
Dobbin

Post by Dobbin »

BurrowHill wrote:What an ignorant, bitter little Welshmen.

Clubs like Leicester, Bath, Gloucester, Northampton etc have very little support, no heart and soul and do very little for the community?!

And then there's Ospreys, a very recently formed franchise, playing in an empty plastic identikit stadium...

erm....hore is a kiwi
Keith

Post by Keith »

Dobbin wrote:

erm....hore is a kiwi
It gets worse!
Laurent

Post by Laurent »

Dobbin wrote:

erm....hore is a kiwi
:lol:
Zakar

Post by Zakar »

and the Welsh regions
Brumbies (at least prior to the current shenanigans) were renowned for being a very tight knit, beloved community team. The players do a ton of community work.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Dobbin wrote:

erm....hore is a kiwi
Splitting hairs really. Sheep shagging red faced muppets
henry

Post by henry »

Precious.
Jeff the Bear

Post by Jeff the Bear »

Good man Hore. Clearly the English can't handle the mirror.
globus

Post by globus »

Jeff the Bear wrote:Good man Hore. Clearly the English can't handle the mirror.
It's a poor reflection upon you.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Jeff the Bear wrote:Good man Hore. Clearly the English can't handle the mirror.
He should go to a Welsh team. No worries about Europe for them.
Plastic Sarrie

Post by Plastic Sarrie »

Sarries, soulless? With award winning community programmes?

By all means slate the first XV, but the Sports Foundation is a brilliant organisation, fully invested in the local community.
Saracens are delighted to announce that club have been nominated for Team of the Year in the Beyond Sport Awards 2015, supported by Comic Relief.

The Allianz Park side have been nominated alongside NFL giants, San Francisco 49ers, Bundesliga side SV Werder Bremen and Major League Soccer outfit Chicago Fire for the prestigious award after a record-breaking 2014/15 season in which the north Londoners picked up six domestic trophies and continued its award winning community work off the field.

Speaking about being shortlisted for the Beyond Sport Award, Saracens Stadium Director Gordon Banks said: “For Saracens to be recognised at a global level via the Beyond Sport Awards is fantastic and it is testament to a long term commitment by the club to use sport and the club’s assets to improve the lives of disadvantaged people within our surrounding communities.

“At Allianz Park we have created a truly unique community stadium that has enabled us to expand the work of the Saracens Sport Foundation and introduce some ground breaking new programmes.”

He added: “We look forward to attending the Beyond Sport Summit and Awards in October when we will be judged alongside the San Francisco 49ers, SV Werder Bremen, and the Chicago Fire Soccer Club for the Team of the Year Award.”

The Beyond Sport Awards promote, support and reward the best projects across the globe that are using sport for positive social change. Since 2009, Beyond Sport has awarded over $4million worth of business support and funding has been made available to over 150 winning projects for their innovations and impact through sport.

Selected from over 350 entries reaching 60 different countries, the shortlist represents the standout and unique work being done by organisations across the globe, from figure skating in Harlem to getting young girls interested in STEM education, capoeira as a way to rehabilitate displaced young people in the Middle East to socially conscious gym classes as a way to support isolated older people in the disadvantaged communities across the UK.

- See more at: http://www.saracens.com/teamoftheyear#s ... DEkzo.dpuf
Margin_Walker

Post by Margin_Walker »

TBF most AP clubs have very well entrenched community programmes.

Hore is reaching a little here.
fatcat

Post by fatcat »

He's just lashing out because he's upset.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Plastic Sarrie wrote:Sarries, soulless? With award winning community programmes?

By all means slate the first XV, but the Sports Foundation is a brilliant organisation, fully invested in the local community.
Saracens are delighted to announce that club have been nominated for Team of the Year in the Beyond Sport Awards 2015, supported by Comic Relief.

The Allianz Park side have been nominated alongside NFL giants, San Francisco 49ers, Bundesliga side SV Werder Bremen and Major League Soccer outfit Chicago Fire for the prestigious award after a record-breaking 2014/15 season in which the north Londoners picked up six domestic trophies and continued its award winning community work off the field.

Speaking about being shortlisted for the Beyond Sport Award, Saracens Stadium Director Gordon Banks said: “For Saracens to be recognised at a global level via the Beyond Sport Awards is fantastic and it is testament to a long term commitment by the club to use sport and the club’s assets to improve the lives of disadvantaged people within our surrounding communities.

“At Allianz Park we have created a truly unique community stadium that has enabled us to expand the work of the Saracens Sport Foundation and introduce some ground breaking new programmes.”

He added: “We look forward to attending the Beyond Sport Summit and Awards in October when we will be judged alongside the San Francisco 49ers, SV Werder Bremen, and the Chicago Fire Soccer Club for the Team of the Year Award.”

The Beyond Sport Awards promote, support and reward the best projects across the globe that are using sport for positive social change. Since 2009, Beyond Sport has awarded over $4million worth of business support and funding has been made available to over 150 winning projects for their innovations and impact through sport.

Selected from over 350 entries reaching 60 different countries, the shortlist represents the standout and unique work being done by organisations across the globe, from figure skating in Harlem to getting young girls interested in STEM education, capoeira as a way to rehabilitate displaced young people in the Middle East to socially conscious gym classes as a way to support isolated older people in the disadvantaged communities across the UK.

- See more at: http://www.saracens.com/teamoftheyear#s ... DEkzo.dpuf

I wonder how much more they'll charge mini' s etc when they can use award winning in the marketing.

x(
MrDominator

Post by MrDominator »

If I'd just hired a CEO who talks such obvious shite, I'd worry about what I'd just done.

The bloke sounds completely mental.
paddywack

Post by paddywack »

and the Welsh regions

I don't think anyone can take this seriously especially from someone at Ospreys. Provincial teams like Opsreys ripped the heart out of the famous Welsh clubs. For him to comment on English clubs is a joke
henry

Post by henry »

paddywack wrote:

and the Welsh regions

I don't think anyone can take this seriously especially from someone at Ospreys. Provincial teams like Opsreys ripped the heart out of the famous Welsh clubs. For him to comment on English clubs is a joke
:lol:
Plato'sCave

Post by Plato'sCave »

Apart from every Bath supporter on match day.