POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

All things Rugby
merry!

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by merry! »

AnkleTap wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:05 am
shanky wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:15 pm Because implying that 51% of homosexuals (those choosing Biden in the survey) are paedophiles, is a really cool thing to do.
:lol: Mick implied nothing of the sort.
apparently, shanky can't tell the difference between gays and pedos. :blush:
New Guy 2

Post by New Guy 2 »

iarmhiman wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:34 pm
merry! wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:32 pm when racism and homphobia are all you've got left, it's time to quit and stop making an arse of yourself.

the walk away movement was already killing the democrats, the riots and (general twattishness) is merely underlining it for all to see.

4 more years.. :D
I dont think Trump will win. He hasn't got a universal smear he can use on Biden.

I think Biden will win comfortably
He'll win the popular vote. The electoral college could go either way. Polls are leaning towards Biden but Trump has enthusiasm on his side and a bunch of people too embarrassed to admit they're voting for him.
Fat Old Git

Post by Fat Old Git »

Mick Mannock wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:46 pm
Fat Old Git wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:34 pm Why do you need evidence? You seem quite happy to accept almost anything Trump claims despite him having no evidence to support most of them. And despite the fact that there is usually a large amount of evidence that actually disprove his claims.
I thought facts were important.

It is hypocritical to deride Trump for lying, and then lie oneself.
What evidence do you have that it was a lie?

And why have facts suddenly become important to you? You haven't seemed to care about them when supporting Trump and his claims.
jamesfreeman

Post by jamesfreeman »

New Guy 2 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:23 am
iarmhiman wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:34 pm
merry! wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:32 pm when racism and homphobia are all you've got left, it's time to quit and stop making an arse of yourself.

the walk away movement was already killing the democrats, the riots and (general twattishness) is merely underlining it for all to see.

4 more years.. :D
I dont think Trump will win. He hasn't got a universal smear he can use on Biden.

I think Biden will win comfortably
He'll win the popular vote. The electoral college could go either way. Polls are leaning towards Biden but Trump has enthusiasm on his side and a bunch of people too embarrassed to admit they're voting for him.
The enthusiasm gap is bigger than in 2016. In party trump is very popular. Biden not campaigning either, as always will come down to battleground states. Ohio, Florida, rust belt again. Also Biden before they started dropping out and endorsing him wasnt setting the primaries on fire either...

Regardless of result should be an entertaining election...
shanky

Post by shanky »

merry! wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:14 am
shanky wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:15 pm Because implying that 51% of homosexuals (those choosing Biden in the survey) are paedophiles, is a really cool thing to do.
Like I said. Feel free to explain the comment to me.

I’ll happily withdraw my comment if I have read it wrong.
merry!

Post by merry! »

shanky wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:45 am
merry! wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:14 am
Like I said. Feel free to explain the comment to me.

I’ll happily withdraw my comment if I have read it wrong.
mick's already explained his comment, and apologised (unnecessarily) to the hard of thinking who would wilfully misconstrue it.

you should be ashamed of yourself, withdraw your comment and apologise.
shanky

Post by shanky »

Humour me. Explain it again.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0yuAqjHcQk

Funny in places. Disturbing in others.

No wonder people hate Trump. His 2016 win made them look fools.

Biden is a seriously strange man.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

shanky wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:55 am Humour me. Explain it again.
You were being a cunt

Has that humoured you enough?
merry!

Post by merry! »

you've already had an explanation from the author. he knows better than anyone what he meant, and if you're not going to accept that you're not going to accept anything beyond your prejudices.

i'd be interested in hearing why you thought he was talking about gays though, when he was talking about pedos.
shanky

Post by shanky »

merry! wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:07 am
you've already had an explanation from the author. he knows better than anyone what he meant, and if you're not going to accept that you're not going to accept anything beyond your prejudices.

i'd be interested in hearing why you thought he was talking about gays though, when he was talking about pedos.
Because he was commenting on an article about how gays might vote

Did you read the article?
Eugenius

Post by Eugenius »

Just reading Mary L Trumps book about her uncle and family .

Frankly all I’m feeling is sadness and a despondency I can’t shake about the US . He’s a completed f*ucked unit , so screwed up you’d feel sorry for him if he wasn’t inflicting so much turmoil and harm on the population.

Quite how anyone rational could support such a personality after reading this is beyond me .

She’s obviously the brains of the family but also possesses an honesty and self reflection that is rare .
shanky

Post by shanky »

Mick Mannock wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:58 am
You were being a cunt

Has that humoured you enough?
Given the chance to explain, you don’t take it.

Odd.
AnkleTap

Post by AnkleTap »

Mick produces something stating 45% of gays are voting for trump. He further assumes that peados are all voting Democrat.
It does not follow that (51% of) gays are peadophiles from these two statements.
shanky

Post by shanky »

AnkleTap wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:48 am
Mick produces something stating 45% of gays are voting for trump. He further assumes that peados are all voting Democrat.
It does not follow that (51% of) gays are peadophiles from these two statements.
That’s not how I read it, but I can see your point.

Mick - I withdraw my comment and apologise.

You’re still a cvnt though.
piquant

Post by piquant »

shanky wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:45 am

The problem with the polling data is they sampled a group that's conservative in outlook and thus is significantly predisposed to vote Republican. It's nowhere close to being the sort of poll anyone should bother trying to extrapolate out from to take a view on what the national vote might be.

You might as well survey Ivanka, Donald Jr. and Eric and say the data suggests 100% of children will vote Trump, well maybe 66% as Eric could well get his answer wrong.
BokJock

Post by BokJock »

piquant wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:58 am

The problem with the polling data is they sampled a group that's conservative in outlook and thus is significantly predisposed to vote Republican. It's nowhere close to being the sort of poll anyone should bother trying to extrapolate out from to take a view on what the national vote might be.

You might as well survey Ivanka, Donald Jr. and Eric and say the data suggests 100% of children will vote Trump, well maybe 66% as Eric could well get his answer wrong.
Poor Tiffany, you have just treated her exactly they way her father does..

....except of course, you haven’t made a creepy comment about her boobs
BokJock

Post by BokJock »

Someone finally got to the bottom of who the “lot of people” are
“By the way, a lot of people don’t want to wear masks. There are a lot of people (who) think that masks are not good.”

“Who are those people?” asked Stephanopoulos.

“I’ll tell you who those people are,” he replied.

“Waiters,” he said. “They come over and they serve you and they have a mask. I saw it the other day where they were serving me and they’re playing with the mask. I’m not blaming them, I’m just saying what happens. They’re playing with the masks and so the mask is over and they’re touching it and then they touch the plate-that can’t be good
If you support this guy you are a moron.
piquant

Post by piquant »

BokJock wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:12 am

Poor Tiffany, you have just treated her exactly they way her father does..

....except of course, you haven’t made a creepy comment about her boobs

I was only trying to include those more actively participating in their father's campaign, I didn't include Barron either, it wasn't because I have nothing to say about Barron or Tiffany's boobs
merry!

Post by merry! »

read the article's replies on twitter though. i don't know the politics of @pinknews (the name doesn't sound right wing conservative to me), but most of the comments are from gays basically saying 'fcuk, yeah, maga'.

they also seem to resent 'right on' lefties referring to them as queer.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Bit sloppy for a lawyer ....
merry!

Post by merry! »

bimboman wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:06 pm

Bit sloppy for a lawyer ....
shanky's a lawyer? :o :lol:
shanky

Post by shanky »

I’m offended that you think I’m a lawyer.

Very offended.
piquant

Post by piquant »

merry! wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:01 pm

read the article's replies on twitter though. i don't know the politics of @pinknews (the name doesn't sound right wing conservative to me), but most of the comments are from gays basically saying 'fcuk, yeah, maga'.

they also seem to resent 'right on' lefties referring to them as queer.
I don't know what article this might be, I'm unlikely to bother finding out, I'm still less likely to bother clicking on the link.
merry!

Post by merry! »

:lol:

dimwit.
piquant

Post by piquant »

Is Trump getting enough credit for suggesting the Covid death count really isn't that high because it could have gone into the millions, and especially if you take out the states with Democratic governors (presumably the inference being he's not responsible for those) the death count is actually very respectable and frankly a success on the world stage?
BokJock

Post by BokJock »

I for one am glad he is taking medical advice from waiters rather than the head of the CDC.
piquant

Post by piquant »

Has he clarified why waiters playing with masks is a threat? Because on the face of it if those waiters have covid not wearing a mask seems to have the makings of some problems.
TheFrog

Post by TheFrog »

Reading through Bolton's book.

Summary could be ;

- Trump has some ideas that are aligned with Neo-Cons when it comes to reminding the Europeans their obligations / position on Iran / position on China

- Trump is deeply ignorant of the international world and some of his convictions are based on misunderstandings, prejudices and plain confusion. But this sometimes serves the interests as seen from a Neo-Con perspective.

- Trump is unable of any long term strategy. His dealings are those of a short term businessman. He actually sees everything through the length of business deals, but again short term with no thoughts about the longer term and building for the future.

- Trump is obsessed with the money the US are spending on military and is not convinced it is necessary. He doesn't see the point of the US involvement on various theaters and has the feeling that the US are always those who come the worst off in these situations. He has the feeling in particular that US allies abuse the US goodness.

- Trump loves to be flattered and the best way to get something out of him is to flatter him. He is particularly moved when flattery comes from a dictator.

Reading on from here
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

BokJock wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:05 pm I for one am glad he is taking medical advice from waiters rather than the head of the CDC.

:thumbup: Masks over vaccines all day long.
Short Man Syndrome

Post by Short Man Syndrome »

piquant wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:12 pm Has he clarified why waiters playing with masks is a threat? Because on the face of it....
Very good.
fonzeee

Post by fonzeee »

iarmhiman wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:41 pm Doesnt matter as the dem voter knows if he's unfit, Harris takes over. He'll get the votes. 1st Irish american since JFK
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

fonzeee wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:39 pm
iarmhiman wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:41 pm Doesnt matter as the dem voter knows if he's unfit, Harris takes over. He'll get the votes. 1st Irish american since JFK
Was he really?
fonzeee

Post by fonzeee »

iarmhiman wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:46 pm Was he really?
Surname was originally O'Regan, anglicized by his grandfather it seems. (I thought that Reagan itself was an Irish name but I guess not)

His father's side was all Irish though. Mom had a dash too but was mostly Brit. She was a little more persistent with her Protestantism though so despite his dad's wishes he wasn't brought up in the One True Faith, unfortunately.

Not sure where you guys draw the line but that's more than 50%, which is relatively dispositive here given that we're all mutts.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

New Guy 2

Post by New Guy 2 »

Fat Old Git

Post by Fat Old Git »

bimboman wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:49 pm
BokJock wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:05 pm I for one am glad he is taking medical advice from waiters rather than the head of the CDC.

:thumbup: Masks over vaccines all day long.
They will certainly have more impact than a vaccine that isn't yet available. :thumbup:
Fat Old Git

Post by Fat Old Git »

Mick Mannock wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:08 pm A desperate throw of the dice?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... SApp_Other
I can believe that someone on record as saying they can grab them by the pussy and that he doesn't even need to ask would even consider doing such a thing.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

Fat Old Git wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:26 pm
Mick Mannock wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:08 pm A desperate throw of the dice?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... SApp_Other
I can believe that someone on record as saying they can grab them by the pussy and that he doesn't even need to ask would even consider doing such a thing.
Pathetic response.
Fat Old Git

Post by Fat Old Git »

Would you prefer we talk about how creepy that Jo guy is?