POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

All things Rugby
ticketlessinseattle

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

Muttonbirds wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:07 am I see Trump is too sick/scared to debate Biden a second time. :nod:
Hes too busy worrying about the little fishes that don't do so well without water.... wtf was that word salad? And Bidens the one with dementia?
ticketlessinseattle

CrazyIslander wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:07 pm I don't think anyone would've ever thought that a world leader would react to a pandemic like Trump did. Pretty much the complete opposite of what is expected.
First and foremost he just says the wrong things. He's got advisors and speechwriters ffs.
Second, he turns on those who reports the facts ie Fauci.
Third, he delegates to the states the responsibility then fights them for locking down.
Fourth, he withholds resources from states.
Fifth, he encourages people to ignore the pandemic and prevention rules.

If anyone were to write a novel about a president sabotaging his own country, they wouldn't script it like this because it would be too unrealistic to believe a real person would behave like this.
:thumbup: resulting in 5 times the deaths per capita than global average per capita
6.Jones

Post by 6.Jones »

Fat Old Git wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:42 am Splitting image does Trump's joyride

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7S7sPIu0rc
Trump's the only spitting image whose puppet is more handsome than in real life.
ticketlessinseattle

6.Jones wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:17 pm
Fat Old Git wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:42 am Splitting image does Trump's joyride

Trump's the only spitting image whose puppet is more handsome than in real life.
:lol:
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

4071 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:11 am
Santa wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:40 am
fonzeee wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:31 am
shanky wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:43 am Except if you're a Mormon who fancies having more than one wife, because, sex

Or if you're a Muslim and think women should be banned from leaving the home, because, sex

Or about 50 other examples of where 'traditional' means 'traditional conventional Christian values'.

Or that wonder of expedient inclusivity..."Judeo-Christian'

Perhaps we'll get to the point where Sharia law in Dearborn, Michigan becomes the prevailing 'tradition'. That should be fun.
Careful now, Utah decriminalized polygamy this year...had to wait over a century to do it (outlawing it was a condition of admittance to the union). Book your ticket now baby.

But yes, I don't like those things. I don't like banning gay marriage either. Yeah gayness is weird, not as weird as people that are into feet or fat girls or anything, but still. Nevertheless, who really cares at the end of the day? They're off in the corner doing their own thing. Not that it matters what I think of course.

In any case, letting different states do their own thing is essential to maintaining the union. That's the main priority. There's nothing in the laws of nature that mandate that this country must exist. If Islam had the numbers to do that, it would be our own damn fault.

(and PS, it's hard for any moral argument grounded in tradition to not be tied with some religion; this is how people expressed their morality throughout the course of history. People like to think any non-religious argument is grounded in fax and logick, but these too almost always ultimately rely upon unfalsifiable assumptions rooted in sentimentality)

(and PPS, maybe some other civilization could have founded this country, but the one that did was Christian. It gets special deference. That's not a legal opinion or anything, just my own)
It's an incredibly basic point that large numbers of white idiots don't seem to get. The folks who set the joint up kind of get to call the shots a little bit. Literally nobody but white idiots don't get this.
Openly advocating for white people of European descent to have institutional supremacy in the US.

Interesting.
And Mick is getting upset about racists being called racist 😄
merry!

Post by merry! »

"The Democratic Party is traditionally closer to the so-called liberal values, closer to social democratic ideas," Putin said. "And it was from the social democratic environment that the Communist Party evolved."

"After all, I was a member of the Soviet Communist Party for nearly 20 years" Putin added. "I was a rank-and-file member, but it can be said that I believed in the party's ideas. I still like many of these left-wing values. Equality and fraternity. What is bad about them? In fact, they are akin to Christian values."

"Yes, they are difficult to implement, but they are very attractive, nevertheless. In other words, this can be seen as an ideological basis for developing contacts with the Democratic representative."

https://www.newsweek.com/vladimir-putin ... sm-1537501
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

merry! wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:53 pm
"The Democratic Party is traditionally closer to the so-called liberal values, closer to social democratic ideas," Putin said. "And it was from the social democratic environment that the Communist Party evolved."

"After all, I was a member of the Soviet Communist Party for nearly 20 years" Putin added. "I was a rank-and-file member, but it can be said that I believed in the party's ideas. I still like many of these left-wing values. Equality and fraternity. What is bad about them? In fact, they are akin to Christian values."

"Yes, they are difficult to implement, but they are very attractive, nevertheless. In other words, this can be seen as an ideological basis for developing contacts with the Democratic representative."

That sinking ship is being abandoned
Santa

Post by Santa »

Biden now saying that voters don't deserve to know his position on court packing. :lol:

https://twitter.com/AndrewSolender/stat ... 82849?s=09
towny

Post by towny »

ticketlessinseattle wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:24 pm
6.Jones wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:17 pm

towny

Post by towny »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:01 pm
merry! wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:53 pm

That sinking ship is being abandoned
Nah. This is just Putin trying the only trick he’s got left. His cyber tricks don’t work and his puppet has turned into a dribbler.
CrazyIslander

Post by CrazyIslander »

[quote="Anonymous 1 " post_id=6697628 time=1602347769 user_i
shanky wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:43 am Except if you're a Mormon who fancies having more than one wife, because, sex

Or if you're a Muslim and think women should be banned from leaving the home, because, sex

Or about 50 other examples of where 'traditional' means 'traditional conventional Christian values'.

Perhaps we'll get to the point where Sharia law in Dearborn, Michigan becomes the prevailing 'tradition'. That should be fun.
Careful now, Utah decriminalized polygamy this year...had to wait over a century to do it (outlawing it was a condition of admittance to the union). Book your ticket now baby.

But yes, I don't like those things. I don't like banning gay marriage either. Yeah gayness is weird, not as weird as people that are into feet or fat girls or anything, but still. Nevertheless, who really cares at the end of the day? They're off in the corner doing their own thing. Not that it matters what I think of course.

In any case, letting different states do their own thing is essential to maintaining the union. That's the main priority. There's nothing in the laws of nature that mandate that this country must exist. If Islam had the numbers to do that, it would be our own damn fault.

(and PS, it's hard for any moral argument grounded in tradition to not be tied with some religion; this is how people expressed their morality throughout the course of history. People like to think any non-religious argument is grounded in fax and logick, but these too almost always ultimately rely upon unfalsifiable assumptions rooted in sentimentality)

(and PPS, maybe some other civilization could have founded this country, but the one that did was Christian. It gets special deference. That's not a legal opinion or anything, just my own)
It's an incredibly basic point that large numbers of white idiots don't seem to get. The folks who set the joint up kind of get to call the shots a little bit. Literally nobody but white idiots don't get this.
You mean the majority? The ones who put in place religious freedom and Civil rights? You don't like the calls made by the folks who "set up the joint"?
towny

Post by towny »

The blokes that set up the joint specifically made it clear that one religion had no special place in America. Christianity and Islam are on the same level according to the founders. Why can’t the Christians just respect the principles the country is based on? Do they hate America?
shanky

Post by shanky »

Looks like Clinton and Obama and the swamp creatures won’t be doing the perp-walk anytime soon

I am shocked.
Barr tells Republicans Durham report won't be ready by election
“This is the nightmare scenario. Essentially, the year and a half of arguably the number one issue for the Republican base is virtually meaningless if this doesn't happen before the election," a GOP congressional aide told Axios.
https://www.axios.com/barr-durham-repor ... da16b.html
piquant

Post by piquant »

towny wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:03 pm The blokes that set up the joint specifically made it clear that one religion had no special place in America. Christianity and Islam are on the same level according to the founders. Why can’t the Christians just respect the principles the country is based on? Do they hate America?
That's surely more it never occurred to them it would be anything but Christianity and they simply didn't want the fight over which branch of Christianity might be pre-eminent

Also as has often been set, the USA was set up more to be free to persecute those who don't think like you more so than for freedom for all
Saint

Post by Saint »

shanky wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:11 pm Looks like Clinton and Obama and the swamp creatures won’t be doing the perp-walk anytime soon

I am shocked.
“This is the nightmare scenario. Essentially, the year and a half of arguably the number one issue for the Republican base is virtually meaningless if this doesn't happen before the election," a GOP congressional aide told Axios.
It rakes time to fabricate the amount of "evidence" they would need
CrazyIslander

Post by CrazyIslander »

piquant wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:25 pm
towny wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:03 pm The blokes that set up the joint specifically made it clear that one religion had no special place in America. Christianity and Islam are on the same level according to the founders. Why can’t the Christians just respect the principles the country is based on? Do they hate America?
That's surely more it never occurred to them it would be anything but Christianity and they simply didn't want the fight over which branch of Christianity might be pre-eminent

Also as has often been set, the USA was set up more to be free to persecute those who don't think like you more so than for freedom for all
Whilst I do agree that they did not think anything other than Christianity would exist. I doubt they were ignorant of other religions. In fact, they were very meticulous with the wording of the constitution. In choosing to use "religion" IMO they were well aware of it's breadth. It's not far fetch that they had considered what it would mean for other religions too.

Regardless, the view has been upheld by successive governments since.
Santa

Post by Santa »

I'm very interested in the Russiagate thing. Rich Lowry just wrote an article that it doesn't matter in the current climate. Everybody has their view and no amount of evidence or lack thereof will shift anyone. I'm happy to concede the point. I doubt there will be much in the way of additional prosecutions. This one is up to the historians now. But my bet is that in 50 years time this is going to be seen as one of the great political abuses of power in US history. Now, off to the bank. :thumbup:
piquant

Post by piquant »

Russiagate is certainly an abuse of power by Trump, but hardly his worst.
obelixtim

Post by obelixtim »

Saint wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:55 pm
shanky wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:11 pm Looks like Clinton and Obama and the swamp creatures won’t be doing the perp-walk anytime soon

I am shocked.
It rakes time to fabricate the amount of "evidence" they would need
4 years is not enough, obviously.
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:36 pm
4071 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:11 am

Openly advocating for white people of European descent to have institutional supremacy in the US.

Interesting.
And Mick is getting upset about racists being called racist 😄
Due to upbringing and some persistent cultural norms back then I might have had similar thoughts, maybe, when I was very young. The reality some grown adults still hold these abhorrent views is a concern. It's like their emotional development stopped at 12 years of age.
DOB

Post by DOB »

CrazyIslander wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:26 pm

Whilst I do agree that they did not think anything other than Christianity would exist. I doubt they were ignorant of other religions. In fact, they were very meticulous with the wording of the constitution. In choosing to use "religion" IMO they were well aware of it's breadth. It's not far fetch that they had considered what it would mean for other religions too.

There are very specific quotes from John Adams to say that the constitution means a “Mohammedan” would be free to practice his religion in the United States.
Flockwitt

Post by Flockwitt »

I am shocked.
So let me get this right. This is the October surprise? This is why the Trump administration changed the rules to allow the Justice department to release information that could directly affect elections?

I expect they'll still get a dump of something prior to Nov 2. You know, the... but... but... Hillary is strong about this one.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

It definitely wasn't for freedom for all. A bunch of slave owners calling the shots.
shanky

Post by shanky »

Flockwitt wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:20 pm

I am shocked.
So let me get this right. This is the October surprise? This is why the Trump administration changed the rules to allow the Justice department to release information that could directly affect elections?

I expect they'll still get a dump of something prior to Nov 2. You know, the... but... but... Hillary is strong about this one.
Trumpy’s not happy with Barr at the moment.

He might do as you say, and just tweet it out anyway.
wamberal

Post by wamberal »

Trump is never all that happy with anything, except himself.
shanky

Post by shanky »

wamberal wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:12 am Trump is never all that happy with anything, except himself.
It’s genuinely as big of a fizzer as the whole Mueller thing.

Neither side has covered themselves in glory here.

It’s amusing though, that he’s relying on indicting a couple of FBI types as a way to turn his campaign around.
CrazyIslander

Post by CrazyIslander »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:48 pm

It definitely wasn't for freedom for all. A bunch of slave owners calling the shots.
Eventually the people calling the shots decided to free the slaves though.
CrazyIslander

Post by CrazyIslander »

DOB wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:48 pm
CrazyIslander wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:26 pm

There are very specific quotes from John Adams to say that the constitution means a “Mohammedan” would be free to practice his religion in the United States.
Thanks for that. I've always saw the US Constitution as written by people whom wanted to escape the prejudices of Europe.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

CrazyIslander wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:16 am

Not sure what that has to do with a conversation about "the blokes that set up the joint". They clearly believed in freedom for white people and that all white people were created equal.
merry!

Post by merry! »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:21 am

Not sure what that has to do with a conversation about "the blokes that set up the joint". They clearly believed in freedom for white people and that all white people were created equal.
yep. even the french.
Santa

Post by Santa »

Hell black people didn't believe in freedom for black people back then. White people just followed their lead.
BokJock

Post by BokJock »

I see your Putin endorsement and raise you the Taliban

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/taliban-endo ... election/
The senior Taliban member also said: "Trump might be ridiculous for the rest of the world, but he is sane and wise man for the Taliban."
CrazyIslander

Post by CrazyIslander »

The "people that set up the joint" Santa was referring to are white Christians. He was referring to the situation today and white Christians calling the shots.

Using his logic (which I disagree with), his conclusion is illogical. The white Christians majority were the ones making the changes in American society - religious freedom, end slavery, Civil rights etc. Therefore it is Santa and his ilk that are not accepting the calls made by the people who "set up the joint".

I disagree that it was only the white Christians alone who set up the joint. The land and it's riches belonged to the Native Americans, the slaves did a lot of the heavy lifting and the joint is continually being added to by various groups.
Santa

Post by Santa »

CrazyIslander wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:44 am

The "people that set up the joint" Santa was referring to are white Christians. He was referring to the situation today and white Christians calling the shots.

Using his logic (which I disagree with), his conclusion is illogical. The white Christians majority were the ones making the changes in American society - religious freedom, end slavery, Civil rights etc. Therefore it is Santa and his ilk that are not accepting the calls made by the people who "set up the joint".

I disagree that it was only the white Christians alone who set up the joint. The land and it's riches belonged to the Native Americans, the slaves did a lot of the heavy lifting and the joint is continually being added to by various groups.
Are you OK? That made no sense at all.
Santa

Post by Santa »

Biden undermining the process now tut tut.

Joe Biden just now in Erie, PA: "The only way we lose this is by the chicanery going on with regard to polling places.”
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

Santa wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:34 amHell black people didn't believe in freedom for black people back then. White people just followed their lead.
Jesus Christ. :lol:
Jay Cee Gee

Post by Jay Cee Gee »

Santa wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:59 am Biden undermining the process now tut tut.

Joe Biden just now in Erie, PA: "The only way we lose this is by the chicanery going on with regard to polling places.”
It's a more defensible stance when you've got a double digit lead in the polls of course. And when there is fairly obvious attempts at chicanery going on.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Muttonbirds wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:02 am
Santa wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:34 amHell black people didn't believe in freedom for black people back then. White people just followed their lead.
Jesus Christ. :lol:
I'm pretty sure Santa really believes it was just might is right as it had been all over the world when enslaving captives. Nothing like how American Christians used the bible to justify specifically enslaving black people.
jamesfreeman

Post by jamesfreeman »

Slavery has always been with us and is still with us.
BokJock

Post by BokJock »

jamesfreeman wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:17 am Slavery has always been with us and is still with us.
What is the point of this post?