All things Rugby
Anonymous 1

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Mick hitting it out of the park as usual :lol: :lol:
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:01 pm Mick hitting it out of the park as usual :lol: :lol:

I reckon you’d get on in real life.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

You are either thick, or a bit "special" Puku.

Best to ignore you from here on in.
puku

Post by puku »

Mick trying his best to convince us that if he lived in the US he would not be sure if he would vote for Trump or not.

Is Mick schizophrenic?
6.Jones

Post by 6.Jones »

Mick Mannock wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:22 pm
Short Man Syndrome wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:17 pm Essentially, you have just told Anon: “just because you are black, does not mean you are entitled to a black person’s perspective”
No I didn't.

His perspective is whatever his perspective is. I do not dispute his lived experience.

I pointed out that not everyone agrees with him about Trump, and that there are also black people who disagree.

He does not get to claim truths on the basis of skin colour. He does not get to dismiss the opinions of other black people. He has no right to do that.
He didn't. He simply called Trump a racist. Both of you are dismissing each other's opinion, as you both have the right to do.
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

puku wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:09 pm Mick trying his best to convince us that if he lived in the US he would not be sure if he would vote for Trump or not.

Is Mick schizophrenic?
It's quite amusing because he is now going down the road of saying you're possibly handicapped. How his moral compass has changed.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

6.Jones wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:11 pm
Short Man Syndrome wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:17 pm Essentially, you have just told Anon: “just because you are black, does not mean you are entitled to a black person’s perspective”
No I didn't.

His perspective is whatever his perspective is. I do not dispute his lived experience.

I pointed out that not everyone agrees with him about Trump, and that there are also black people who disagree.

He does not get to claim truths on the basis of skin colour. He does not get to dismiss the opinions of other black people. He has no right to do that.
He didn't. He simply called Trump a racist. Both of you are dismissing each other's opinion, as you both have the right to do.
Actually Mick hadn't offered an opinion either way. Although if he had disagreed with me I would have told him he is full of shit
merry!

Post by merry! »

Fat Old Git

Post by Fat Old Git »

bimboman wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:40 pm
Short Man Syndrome wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:35 pm
Mick Mannock wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:33 pm
Short Man Syndrome wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:27 pm I would postulate that anyone trying to argue against Trump being racist is either monumentally duplicitous, dumb or racist themselves. I don’t think that is too controversial a position to take, considering that Trump has a wiki page dedicated to his racial remarks and actions.
And therefore anyone who enables Biden is a traitor to America, and prepared to see America sell itself out to Chinese interests. And also cares little for the protection of children.

I also think that anyone enabling Harris is prepared to see increased black incarceration.

I don't think that is too controversial a position to take
Deflection, whataboutery AND a strawman argument all at once. Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

You should show some respect to be honest.
He's showing about the right amount of respect imho.
Santa

Post by Santa »

TheFrog wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:02 pm Image

Lovely Trump supporters.
That is quite hilarious. And it raises a question: who thinks Trump supporters are Nazis? Trump supporters or Trump supporter opposers?
fonzeee

Post by fonzeee »

EverReady wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:58 am Burr loves Rogan. They are big mates and share a lot of the conspiracy theory bollox beloved by working class men made good
They go back a ways IIRC, both Boston guys. Burr at least has the good graces to remind you every five minutes that he doesn't watch the news and has no idea what he's talking about. Used to listen to his podcast when I had to commute as his interests and humor reminded me a lot of my friends back home, up to and including the conspiracy stuff. Ah shit now I'm sad.

Anyways I saw a line on the QAnon people recently that I think applies to a lot of people that dabble in conspiracy type thinking: they (correctly) know they've been lied to, but they don't understand how.
fonzeee

Post by fonzeee »

Santa wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:18 pm
That is quite hilarious. And it raises a question: who thinks Trump supporters are Nazis? Trump supporters or Trump supporter opposers?
It's kind of reminiscent of when Jussie Smollett claimed that his assaulters shouted "MAGA country" -- a cartoonish caricature of a people he never once in his life interacted with.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Mick Mannock wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:00 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:57 pm
No I didn't.

I didn't dismiss anyone's opinion black or white. You fucking dickhead :lol: :lol:
It is exactly what you do, you arrogant narcissist
So now it's what I do but not on this occasion :lol: :lol:
Mr Mike

Post by Mr Mike »

fonzeee wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:41 pm
It's kind of reminiscent of when Jussie Smollett claimed that his assaulters shouted "MAGA country" -- a cartoonish caricature of a people he never once in his life interacted with.
they would have to be apprentice Nazis or amateur Nazi enthusiasts to get the swazitka misaligned. Can’t find competent fascists for love or money.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

fonzeee wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:29 pm
EverReady wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:58 am Burr loves Rogan. They are big mates and share a lot of the conspiracy theory bollox beloved by working class men made good
They go back a ways IIRC, both Boston guys. Burr at least has the good graces to remind you every five minutes that he doesn't watch the news and has no idea what he's talking about. Used to listen to his podcast when I had to commute as his interests and humor reminded me a lot of my friends back home, up to and including the conspiracy stuff. Ah shit now I'm sad.

Anyways I saw a line on the QAnon people recently that I think applies to a lot of people that dabble in conspiracy type thinking: they (correctly) know they've been lied to, but they don't understand how.
It's that dilemma that comes with a hint of truth. We are all guilty of it particularly if we are really familiar with the true bit. Makes us feel especially clever
merry!

Post by merry! »

https://arizonadailyindependent.com/vot ... TxJPn9uxLo
On Saturday, President Donald Trump and former Vice President Joe Biden voters held parades in dueling shows of support.

Maricopa County Recorder Adrian Fontes arranged for a mariachi band to serenade a parade of 6 voters as they drop off their ballots at an early voting center.

Nicole Pastuer, spokesperson for the Biden campaign, said of the parade in a tweet that she had “never seen people so excited—so proud and emotional—to vote.”

A the same time, Trump supporters by the thousands of people held a parade that stretched approximately 30 miles and ended with a rally in Wittmann, Arizona.
:lol:
shanky

Post by shanky »

Dave Chappelle does a great bit on Jussie

NSFW
https://youtu.be/wZXoErL2124

(Although I expect you’ve already seen it. :) )
Last edited by shanky on Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
New Guy 2

Post by New Guy 2 »

merry! wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:48 pm https://arizonadailyindependent.com/vot ... TxJPn9uxLo
On Saturday, President Donald Trump and former Vice President Joe Biden voters held parades in dueling shows of support.

Maricopa County Recorder Adrian Fontes arranged for a mariachi band to serenade a parade of 6 voters as they drop off their ballots at an early voting center.

Nicole Pastuer, spokesperson for the Biden campaign, said of the parade in a tweet that she had “never seen people so excited—so proud and emotional—to vote.”

A the same time, Trump supporters by the thousands of people held a parade that stretched approximately 30 miles and ended with a rally in Wittmann, Arizona.
It's weird isn't. Polls have Biden miles ahead but he's got the least enthusiasm of any nominee I can remember. Every event and rally he has seems to be a ghost town.

This election is just the Trump referendum. Biden's irrelevant.
merry!

Post by merry! »

New Guy 2 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:54 pm
merry! wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:48 pm https://arizonadailyindependent.com/vot ... TxJPn9uxLo

It's weird isn't. Polls have Biden miles ahead but he's got the least enthusiasm of any nominee I can remember. Every event and rally he has seems to be a ghost town.

i trust the polls as much as i trust msm these days.

reckon voter enthusiasm is what matters in these strange times. the don's base is all fired up despite (or because of?) the constant attacks over 4+ years. biden's not so much, and with the dirt now coming out i can see many giving up on him and ducking out.
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

I see the incels having a circle jerk. It'll have to do for you losers I guess.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Gavin Duffy wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:24 pm I see the incels having a circle jerk. It'll have to do for you losers I guess.
Bidens nothing HE'S NOTHING
Flockwitt

Post by Flockwitt »

merry! wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:21 pm
New Guy 2 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:54 pm

i trust the polls as much as i trust msm these days.

reckon voter enthusiasm is what matters in these strange times. the don's base is all fired up despite (or because of?) the constant attacks over 4+ years. biden's not so much, and with the dirt now coming out i can't see many giving up on him and ducking out.
I try to imagine Merry writing this stuff with a straight face...
merry!

Post by merry! »

Short Man Syndrome

Post by Short Man Syndrome »

That’s just everyone stating Trump is a clown - which has been borne out by the last four years. Are you impressed by the prescience?
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

I have no doubt some of these people are still crying today.

Wankers!

Perhaps they miss all the wars.
fonzeee

Post by fonzeee »

shanky wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:54 pm
Dave Chappelle does a great bit on Jussie

NSFW
https://youtu.be/wZXoErL2124

(Although I expect you’ve already seen it. :) )
Of course! Dave's the best

Still... :lol:
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Mick Mannock wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:58 pm Racist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elCudp1FZdg
Mick is that an admission you think a black man is entitled to his opinion (just as long as it's not me) ?
Big Nipper

Post by Big Nipper »

Mick Mannock wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:39 pm

Lovely Trump supporters.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Where did you find that?

Yes, I will make the occasional contribution.

Anyone been shot in the leg yet?
I thought this racist shitrag had flounced for good? Just couldn't help get a semi when you saw that swastika eh?
Santa

Post by Santa »

New Ukranian prosecutor has no legal background or apprent inclination to do any work. What will Biden do about it this time?

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/ ... ssion=true
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:02 am
Mick is that an admission you think a black man is entitled to his opinion (just as long as it's not me) ?
I never said that you were not entitled to AN OPINION.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Big Nipper wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:12 am
Mick Mannock wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:39 pm

Lovely Trump supporters.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Where did you find that?

Yes, I will make the occasional contribution.

Anyone been shot in the leg yet?
I thought this racist shitrag had flounced for good? Just couldn't help get a semi when you saw that swastika eh?

What’s your guilty secret....?
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Mick Mannock wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:42 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:02 am
I never said that you were not entitled to AN OPINION.
Fair enough but please answer me this. Why did you level these at me

Where did i claim I had more right than anyone else to decide Trump is a racist ?
Where did I claim I had more right than other black people to make that decision either ?
Where did I claim that every black person agreed with me ?
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

Epic flounce, Mick. You're a weak, weak man.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

Muttonbirds wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:03 am
I cannot take you seriously. You are an idiot who conflates Muslim terrorists with the far right.
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

Mick Mannock wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:08 am
I cannot take you seriously. You are an idiot who conflates Muslim terrorists with the far right.
Different sides of the same coin. The socially conscious left want nothing to do with either.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Muttonbirds wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:13 am
Different sides of the same coin. The socially conscious left want nothing to do with either.

The left enable the terrorists.
BokJock

Post by BokJock »

Aren't conservative fundamentalist religious types generally seen as being on the right?

Post by 4071 »

BokJock wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:29 am
Aren't conservative fundamentalist religious types generally seen as being on the right?
Socially, but not economically.

The likes of Bimbo and Mick are economic conservatives, but because of the quirks of two-party systems and the 'my team vs your team' nature of politics, they find themselves aligned with and defending extreme social conservatives when they probably don't actually share their views.

However, as fundamentalist Islamism is not formally aligned with their team (despite having similarities in outlook with the evangelical Christian right) they don't have to support their ideas. And because they are not formally on the same team, Bimbo and Mick will be able to assume that they MUST be on the other team. Despite having almost nothing in common with the Leftists.

Conservatives are not necessarily known for the nuance of their thinking.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Socially, but not economically.

The likes of Bimbo and Mick are economic conservatives, but because of the quirks of two-party systems and the 'my team vs your team' nature of politics, they find themselves aligned with and defending extreme social conservatives when they probably don't actually share their views.

However, as fundamentalist Islamism is not formally aligned with their team (despite having similarities in outlook with the evangelical Christian right) they don't have to support their ideas. And because they are not formally on the same team, Bimbo and Mick will be able to assume that they MUST be on the other team. Despite having almost nothing in common with the Leftists.

Conservatives are not necessarily known for the nuance of their thinking.
I’m a libertarian you fool, I don’t align nor defend social conservatives...

I’m also libertarian enough to realise chopping the head off a teacher and “cartoons” being offensive is wrong.

The Christian Right terrorist would also upset me , if they existed.