POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

All things Rugby
Mick Mannock

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Mick Mannock »

Socially, but not economically.

The likes of Bimbo and Mick are economic conservatives, but because of the quirks of two-party systems and the 'my team vs your team' nature of politics, they find themselves aligned with and defending extreme social conservatives when they probably don't actually share their views.

However, as fundamentalist Islamism is not formally aligned with their team (despite having similarities in outlook with the evangelical Christian right) they don't have to support their ideas. And because they are not formally on the same team, Bimbo and Mick will be able to assume that they MUST be on the other team. Despite having almost nothing in common with the Leftists.

Conservatives are not necessarily known for the nuance of their thinking.
Did your mummy tell you that you were clever?
BokJock

Post by BokJock »

bimboman wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:57 am

The likes of Bimbo and Mick are economic conservatives, but because of the quirks of two-party systems and the 'my team vs your team' nature of politics, they find themselves aligned with and defending extreme social conservatives when they probably don't actually share their views.

However, as fundamentalist Islamism is not formally aligned with their team (despite having similarities in outlook with the evangelical Christian right) they don't have to support their ideas. And because they are not formally on the same team, Bimbo and Mick will be able to assume that they MUST be on the other team. Despite having almost nothing in common with the Leftists.

I’m a libertarian you fool, I don’t align nor defend social conservatives...

I’m also libertarian enough to realise chopping the head off a teacher and “cartoons” being offensive is wrong.

The Christian Right terrorist would also upset me , if they existed.
The KKK
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

BokJock wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:11 am
bimboman wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:57 am

I’m a libertarian you fool, I don’t align nor defend social conservatives...

I’m also libertarian enough to realise chopping the head off a teacher and “cartoons” being offensive is wrong.

The Christian Right terrorist would also upset me , if they existed.
The KKK

They upset me. They’re supposed Christian faith isn’t their big problem.
BokJock

Post by BokJock »

"Supposed" - am I reading too much into the big burny T-shaped things?

They are as much Christians as ISIS are Muslims.
New Guy 2

Post by New Guy 2 »

BokJock wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:08 am "Supposed" - am I reading too much into the big burny T-shaped things?

It's not really comparible. ISIS wanted to create an Islamic caliphate. The KKK couldn't give a fudge what religion you are provided you're white.

I imagine they have a whole bunch of Athiest members and probably some pagan larpers too.
Big Nipper

Post by Big Nipper »

New Guy 2 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:24 am
BokJock wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:08 am "Supposed" - am I reading too much into the big burny T-shaped things?

It's not really comparible. ISIS wanted to create an Islamic caliphate. The KKK couldn't give a fudge what religion you are provided you're white.

I imagine they have a whole bunch of Athiest members and probably some pagan larpers too.
the word "imagine" is being used quite loosely here
ukjim

Post by ukjim »

Historically the kkk are anti catholic
BokJock

Post by BokJock »

ukjim wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:32 am

Not big fans of the Jews either apparently
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

Hilary and Joe love a bit of the old KKK.
Short Man Syndrome

Post by Short Man Syndrome »

Mick Mannock wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:59 am Hilary and Joe love a bit of the old KKK.
Do they have an entire wiki page dedicated to what racist scumbags they are, like the orange wanker does?
piquant

Post by piquant »

BokJock wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:51 am

I like the idea the KKK don't care about religion, if true that represents some significant progress within the KKK, sadly it's probably bollocks
BokJock

Post by BokJock »

piquant wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:25 pm
BokJock wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:51 am

I like the idea the KKK don't care about religion, if true that represents some significant progress within the KKK, sadly it's probably bollocks
I am just guessing here but I think Billy Bob and Jimbo might be shunned by the organization if they gave up pulled pork, laid down a mat on Fridays and started praying toward Mecca.
BokJock

Post by BokJock »

Mick Mannock wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:59 am Hilary and Joe love a bit of the old KKK.
So does Obama :thumbup:
La soule

Post by La soule »

bimboman wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:23 pm
Short Man Syndrome wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:17 pm Essentially, you have just told Anon: “just because you are black, does not mean you are entitled to a black person’s perspective”

Mick has been told many times that Being in a mixed race relationship gives him no insight and in fact he’s a racist.
The last part is self inflicted really.

Glad to see he's back to fight another day though....
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

Short Man Syndrome wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:21 pm
Do they have an entire wiki page dedicated to what racist scumbags they are, like the orange wanker does?
I don't know.

I don't care what Wiki says. I am an adult.
Short Man Syndrome

Post by Short Man Syndrome »

Mick Mannock wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:51 pm
I don't know.

I don't care what Wiki says. I am an adult.
Then why do you post like a 12yr old with a head trauma?
Big Nipper

Post by Big Nipper »

I don't know.

I don't care what Wiki says. I am a Nazi.
Fixed for you
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Big Nipper wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:02 pm
I don't know.

I don't care what Wiki says. I am a Nazi.
Fixed for you

Terrible guilt you carry nipper.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

From your membership book ?
towny

Post by towny »

What’s the biggest election smashing in US history? Could Biden’s drubbing of Trump break some records?
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

La soule wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:37 pm
Short Man Syndrome wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:17 pm Essentially, you have just told Anon: “just because you are black, does not mean you are entitled to a black person’s perspective”

Mick has been told many times that Being in a mixed race relationship gives him no insight and in fact he’s a racist.

I'm not sure about Mick having any insight to be honest. Apparently if his partner was to come home and say some racist shouted at them "Why don't you go back to your own shithole country" Micks response would be. And what qualifies you to decide who is and who isn't racist?
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:15 pm

I'm not sure about Mick having any insight to be honest. Apparently if his partner was to come home and say some racist shouted at them "Why don't you go back to your own shithole country" Micks response would be. And what qualifies you to decide who is and who isn't racist?

See, I knew you’d make a loverly couple.
Mr Mike

Post by Mr Mike »

towny wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:14 pm What’s the biggest election smashing in US history? Could Biden’s drubbing of Trump break some records?
Im sure you will be able to find some record but it won’t be of Reagan type proportions in terms of Electoral College.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

What makes you think she has never been subjected to racist abuse?

The difference between my wife, and you is that she does not believe Trump is racist.
Then again, she is capable of rational thought when it comes to politics.
Big Nipper

Post by Big Nipper »

Mick Mannock wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:22 pm

The difference between my wife, and you is that she does not believe Trump is racist.
Stockholm Syndrome?
BokJock

Post by BokJock »

bimboman wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:04 pm

Yeah, because the burning crosses are a massive secret that only us in the know are privy to
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Big Nipper wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:24 pm

Stockholm Syndrome?

Ex kidnapper as well ?
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

BokJock wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:25 pm

Yeah, because the burning crosses are a massive secret that only us in the know are privy to

Blimey, that’s some admission....

Good for you on changing.
BokJock

Post by BokJock »

bimboman wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:26 pm
BokJock wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:25 pm

Blimey, that’s some admission....

Good for you on changing.
Indeed, you could say I am the modern day Robert Byrd
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

What makes you think she has never been subjected to racist abuse?

What makes you think I think your wife has never been subjected to racist abuse?

I guess if it was Trump who told your wife to go back to her own shithole country then she wouldn't see it as racist abuse.
New Guy 2

Post by New Guy 2 »

towny wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:14 pm What’s the biggest election smashing in US history? Could Biden’s drubbing of Trump break some records?
Reagan in 1984 maybe? He won 49 states.

This wont come close to that.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

My apologies, anon.

I did not realise that Trump told you to go back anywhere.
Kiwias

Post by Kiwias »

Can't see it myself, given the scale of the victory in these two elections
Largest Number of Votes

In simple terms of who won the most votes, Richard Nixon’s 1972 defeat of George McGovern stands out. Incumbent Nixon won every state save Massachusetts, garnering 47 million votes, while McGovern took 29 million -- a difference of 18 million votes. This was the largest win in the popular vote in American electoral history.

This represented Nixon with 60.7 percent of the vote and McGovern with just 37.5 -- itself the fourth-largest percentage margin in electoral history.

Largest Number of Electoral Votes

In the presidential-election system, each state carries a certain amount of weight, depending on population, which is represented by “electoral votes." A large state like California has 55, as of 2011, while a smaller state like South Dakota has only three.

After winning the presidency from incumbent Jimmy Carter in 1980, Ronald Reagan won his second term in 1984 in a landslide win over Democrat Walter Mondale. Mondale only won the District of Columbia and his home state of Minnesota, giving him a mere 13 electoral votes -- Reagan, carrying the other 49 states, took 525, the highest total ever achieved by a candidate.
towny

Post by towny »

Mick’s wife doesn’t sound too bright. All races have stupid people.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

towny wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:48 pm Mick’s wife doesn’t sound too bright. All races have stupid people.
You have never written anything that indicates you have great intellect either.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

towny wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:48 pm Mick’s wife doesn’t sound too bright. All races have stupid people.

Says the squaddie. :lol:
towny

Post by towny »

bimboman wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:51 pm

At least you didn’t call me a sugar head.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

towny wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:51 pm
bimboman wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:51 pm

At least you didn’t call me a sugar head.

Pioneer?
TheFrog

Post by TheFrog »

I am trying to rationalize the debate on here, and between supporters on both sides but I think the key issue is that this election, like others I guess, is not a rationale matter. It is more about emotions and gut feelings that rationale thinking. There is no longer a debate in fact, and the only thing both candidates do is to appeal to voters' emotion.

Democracy is ill. Is this terminal sickness? I don't know but I am worried.

Why would people still support Trump after the great show of incompetence that the last 4 years have been, I don't know. Never before has a President seen so many aides leaving the ship, resigning in disgust or disagreement. Never has a President before run the country with no plan, no long term strategy and for sole compass his guts and the media feedback on his actions.

I grant him his commitment to not extend wars, to which he broadly adhered to, but again the way in which he did it was chaotic, and was not supported by any grand strategy.

Other than that, what has he done and achieved for the people of the USA? Cut taxes to make the rich richer? Imposed tariffs on many countries to make life expensive for the people without any proven benefit to date? Alienated the USA from its traditional allies? What does he have to show for his successes? Apart from surfing the Obama recovery curve, as a politician, he will only be remembered for dividing his country further.

Now, I understand why people may not be enthusiastic about voting Biden, an elderly who was already in power 16 years ago. He doesn't raise huge level of excitement, and seems much more of the same old stuff. But at least, despite vain attempts by the Trump campaign to depict him as a crumbling senile man, he comes across a a decent human being with an inclusive plan for Americans.

I understand the concern about the dirt that is being thrown at him, but with regard to this alleged Ukrainian corruption story, don't rationale people find it strange that, despite a Trump government hell bent on proving that story, there is no judge inquiry into it yet? Meaning there are no smoking guns credible enough for an inquiry to be formally launched? Doesn't that bother people that the latest "proof" comes from a man whose latest associates on this matter are now in jail?

Anyway, I am not American and it is for the Americans to decide. What this election may do though, is that it may cause me to rethink living in America and head home. With Trump looking at making life harder and harder for non-migrants visas, I may have to do what he wants. Wonder what the impact of that policy will be on all the research being conducted in this country, medical, technological or others? That edge Trump is proud of. I smile when I hear the names of all these great American experts, when interviewed in the media. They tell the story of all these bright foreign students who came to contribute to America being the world leader in research.

MAGA.