POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

All things Rugby
Mick Mannock

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Mick Mannock »

I await the transcript of Trump suggesting people should inject bleach.

"A question that probably some of you are thinking of if you’re totally into that world, which I find to be very interesting. So, supposedly we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it. And then I said supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. (To Bryan) And I think you said you’re going to test that, too. Sounds interesting, right?"

"And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that, so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me. So, we’ll see, but the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute. That’s pretty powerful."

I cannot find any reference to injecting bleach.
fatcat

Post by fatcat »

4071 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:28 pm
If I answer a knock on my door and am confronted by two men, one of whom has dogshit smeared on his shoe and the other of whom is not only smeared all over and dripping with faeces but is actively shitting himself as he stands there, then I don't want to let either man into my house. But if I had to choose, then I'd prefer the guy with some shit on his shoe.
Just supposing Biden had Trump's policies and Biden's characteristics and Trump had Biden's policies and Trump's characteristics, who would you prefer to be pres?

Post by 4071 »

TheFrog wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:15 pm
Mullet 2 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:47 am Accusing the other lad of enriching himself off selling access while Don Jnr goes around coked to the eyeballs :lol:
Just finished reading the John Bolton's book "the room where it happened" and in his conclusion, he wrote that he believed that the Dems did a terrible job with the impeachment, unworthy of the high constitutional responsibility vested in the House and that, had they been driven by going to the bottom of things rather than by their political agenda, they would have uncovered much more about Trump and would likely have moved the lines at the Senate.

He adds that elections are the greatest check and balance for the Executive and, given how often it is short term political considerations that have prevented Trump from doing stupid thing (fear of medias backlash and voters reaction), he is very worried that Trump will be uncontrollable if he gets reelected. But in the end, he says, the Dems may like his policies (previously in the book he said that Kushner has a Democrat agenda for foreign policies).
But that is clearly bollocks.

For a start, he refused to testify before the House when asked. He had the opportunity to help get to the bottom of things and refused to cooperate. And responsibility for the impeachment process does not lie entirely in the hands of Congress - the Senate has a responsibility which they chose not to fulfil.

Congress uncovered enough to impeach, and even the Republicans admitted what Trump did. They just decided that they didn't care, and were not going to take the effort to find out any more.

Blaming the Dems for not digging further and pretending that the Senate Republicans weren't already committed to acquittal flies in the face of the evidence.

The Republicans knew that they were backing a corrupt and incompetent president. The likes of Bolton stayed quiet to cover up for the corrupt and incompetent president. And yet he tries to blame the Democrats. Yeah, right...
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

Even Trump says he said it :lol:

Mick now calling Trump a liar
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

Mullet 2 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:40 pm Even Trump says he said it :lol:

Mick now calling Trump a liar
Bring up the transcript of Trump suggesting anyone inject bleach
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

He didn't refuse to testify.

Another Republican was called and instructed by the White House not to testify.

As he had two branches of Government telling him different things he took a case for clarity and Bolton waited for the same reason.

Then the Dem rushed through the process because it was about damage and not impeachment.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

I do enjoy how people fail to address Biden by deflecting.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

https://youtu.be/TuotuVhHiOk

Trump admitting he said it but claiming he was sarcastic

The man himself disagrees with you Mick you loopy freak.

I wont stand for you calling POTUS a liar.

Post by 4071 »

fatcat wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:36 pm
If I answer a knock on my door and am confronted by two men, one of whom has dogshit smeared on his shoe and the other of whom is not only smeared all over and dripping with faeces but is actively shitting himself as he stands there, then I don't want to let either man into my house. But if I had to choose, then I'd prefer the guy with some shit on his shoe.
Just supposing Biden had Trump's policies and Biden's characteristics and Trump had Biden's policies and Trump's characteristics, who would you prefer to be pres?
That's actually a pretty good question. That really does feel like Sophie's Choice.

Obviously I would oppose a Biden with Trump policies. I don't think that highly of Biden, and a bunch of shit and harmful policies wrapped in a less offensive packaging would still be shit. But would I actually support a Trump with Biden policies? I very much doubt it.

First, because Trump is a narcissistic sociopath, and even if he espoused policies I agreed with I could not trust him to follow through on them. Second because Biden's policies aren't that exciting and worth putting up with a plum like Trump for.

I would vote neither.

But if I had no third option and had to pick one or the other, I suppose I would reluctantly be marginally less angered by a Trump-like character with better policies. But in terms of a choice, this feels like asking me which eyeball I would rather have gouged out by a spoon.
fatcat

Post by fatcat »

:thumbup:
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

Mullet 2 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:46 pm https://youtu.be/TuotuVhHiOk

You utter cretin.

At which point does anyone mention injecting bleach?
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

fatcat wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:31 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:24 pm Hi Mick,

Just trying to guest a handle on your devotion to your guy. When Trump made that comment about injecting bleach. Did you believe his explanation that he was being sarcastic and talking to a journalist ?
Do you think Trump regularly uses imprecise language as he's not the most articulate guy, plus he says a lot of stuff without thinking, or do you take everything he says literally?
I think he lied about saying it to a journalist and the claim he was being sarcastic. Do you believe he did not lie ?
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:55 pm

Just trying to guest a handle on your devotion to your guy. When Trump made that comment about injecting bleach. Did you believe his explanation that he was being sarcastic and talking to a journalist ?
Do you think Trump regularly uses imprecise language as he's not the most articulate guy, plus he says a lot of stuff without thinking, or do you take everything he says literally?
I think he lied about saying it to a journalist and the claim he was being sarcastic. Do you believe he did not lie ?
You are lying. Trump never suggested anyone should inject bleach.

I have posted the transcript.

Why do you lie?
fatcat

Post by fatcat »

I think the "injecting" part was an example of his imprecise language. The latter part - he is either fibbing or more likely can't even remember what he originally said.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

Mick Mannock wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:52 pm
Mullet 2 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:46 pm https://youtu.be/TuotuVhHiOk

You utter cretin.

At which point does anyone mention injecting bleach?
You again disgustingly accusing Mr Trump of lying on camera.

How dare you
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

fatcat wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:58 pm I think the "injecting" part was an example of his imprecise language. The latter part - he is either fibbing or more likely can't even remember what he originally said.
I have posted the transcript. He never mentioned bleach.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Mick Mannock wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:35 pm I await the transcript of Trump suggesting people should inject bleach.

"A question that probably some of you are thinking of if you’re totally into that world, which I find to be very interesting. So, supposedly we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it. And then I said supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. (To Bryan) And I think you said you’re going to test that, too. Sounds interesting, right?"

"And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that, so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me. So, we’ll see, but the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute. That’s pretty powerful."

I cannot find any reference to injecting bleach.
Yeah when he said injection inside he meant injecting it into something unknown and doing it inside a building and not in the car park. Obviously being sarcastic.

It wasn't really a question I asked of you expecting a genuine response from you and your response was inline with expectations.
fatcat

Post by fatcat »

Mick Mannock wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:00 pm
fatcat wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:58 pm I think the "injecting" part was an example of his imprecise language. The latter part - he is either fibbing or more likely can't even remember what he originally said.
Bleach is disinfectant. I would say they can be used fairly interchangeably.

Edit: just to be clear, if anyone thinks he was talking about household bleach then they're an idiot.
Last edited by fatcat on Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derwyn

Post by Derwyn »

Mullet has turned into a woke princess over the last few years,
TheFrog

Post by TheFrog »

Saying that Trump uses imprecise language is a stretch. Saying that he has a 10 years old kid's vocabulary is one thing. Saying that he acts like a kid is also one thing. Saying that he can't start one sentence without straying off onto another subject before he finishes it is another thing. But he knows how to be precise using his own limited lexical range.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

fatcat wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:01 pm

Edit: just to be clear, if anyone thinks he was talking about household bleach then they're an idiot.
Oh, the idiots would have you believe this is exactly what he meant
fatcat

Post by fatcat »

TheFrog wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:01 pm

Saying that Trump uses imprecise language is a stretch. Saying that he has a 10 years old kid's vocabulary is one thing. Saying that he acts like a kid is also one thing. Saying that he can't start one sentence without straying off onto another subject before he finishes it is another thing. But he knows how to be precise using his own limited lexical range.
Regardless, taking everything he says literally is very silly.
TheFrog

Post by TheFrog »

Inject yourself any disinfectant you have at home and come back to report on here please.

- disclaimer : this is sarcasm. Don't do it. I was just being sarcastic.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

TheFrog wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:04 pm
Inject yourself any disinfectant you have at home and come back to report on here please.

Is that sarcasm, or simply the bizarre effects of TDS?
fatcat

Post by fatcat »

TheFrog wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:04 pm

Mick Mannock wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:02 pm
fatcat wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:01 pm

Oh, the idiots would have you believe this is exactly what he meant
Ahem...
TheFrog

Post by TheFrog »

fatcat wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:03 pm
TheFrog wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:01 pm

Regardless, taking everything he says literally is very silly.
I don't think he speaks in metaphors.

Now, to be fair, on the disinfectant issue, he didn’t tell Americans to do it. He was trying to help and suggesting to doctors they should investigate.

Nevertheless, people picked up on it because it shows such stupidity and crass ignorance that it is scary to think that such a limited intellect is in charge of the most powerful country in the world.
Derwyn

Post by Derwyn »

There will be plenty of tears on here when Trump wins again.

And I’ll be here to lick them all. Yum! Yum!
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

Imprecise is a much nicer way of saying sloppy isn’t it
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

Derwyn wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:09 pm There will be plenty of tears on here when Trump wins again.

The polls suggest an overwhelming Biden win.
mightyreds

Post by mightyreds »

Fat Old Git wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:26 am Has Covid faded away yet?

Also, I see Pence talking about Trumps how much they've achieved and how they have kept their campaign promises. So I'm assuming the following have been completed?

- Obama care replaced.
- Hillary locked up.
- the wall built and paid for by Mexico
- The deficit down.
- Overseas jobs back in the US.

what did they do on day 2?
Trump is a businessman and man of his word, not a politicker like his opponents. On day 1 he got straight to work on all of the 5 points you have mentioned, and contrary to your implication, he made good progress on them, such as the significant steps taken to improve the trainwreck that was Obama care.*

The degree to which he did not complete on them is the degree to which he was blocked by opponents (such as in the blocking of his attempts complete the Mexican wall and prevent all immigration from terrorist zones, which came from political opponents who welcomed an influx of illegals, criminals and terrorists who would likely vote for them).

And on day 2? (and following):
. He stopped the Chinese taking advantage of the US in their trade relations.
. Got the Europeans to pay their way in NATO.
. Actively hindered the Iranian nuclear effort, cancelling Obamas crazy deal which allowed them to enrich uranium. He also eliminated one of their key terrorists.
. He cancelled Obamas funding of terrorism, which had been via financial support for the Palestinian government.
. He reduced taxes, helping business to thrive.
. He got Kim Jong Un to calm down, by just going and meeting the guy, for God’s sake, with a simple step across the border diplomacy (now I know KJU has just revealed a brand new intercontinental missile, but nothing was going to stop him from doing that, except a nuclear war against him, and at least Trump shut him up, and stopped his maniacal threats and posturing).
. He brought about the move of the US Embassy to Jerusalem.
. He created the biggest advance towards peace in the Middle East since hostilities began, by getting the UAE and Bahrain to recognise Israel.
. He got unemployment down to a record low.
. He got black unemployment to a record low.
. He got black colleges funded.
. He brought back jobs and businesses to the US (so much for your point 5), and that includes strategic materials such as pharmaceuticals that the Chinese have been manufacturing without safeguards against impurities, and could cut off in the case of a war with the West.

*https://nypost.com/2020/09/26/11-things ... obamacare/

Not bad for Day 2.

And what have the Democrats done in opposition?

.Thrown their full support behind the BLM riots, a movement without integrity, based on the lie that police kill blacks in disproportionate numbers to whites (it's the opposite), and proceeding by violence, looting and quickly taken over by crime bosses who sealed off zones of cities and oversaw the tripling of crime (including murders) while Democrat governors denied police and troops the right to go in. Who in their right mind would vote for a Party that solves black problems by gifting them a trolley load of stolen goods? (what Afro-Americans need is to have their problems listened to and worked on with programs to advance their communities, not patronising assumptions that they are associated with the looters).

. 'I'll look after you', Biden says, but there's no policy to back it up - it's the politics of feeling: say nice things and make people feel good, and you don't have to have any substance behind it. Trump is actually doing something about these problems, without the posturing and theatrics of the Democrats.

. And then there's the whole raft of projects the Democrats are ready to unleash which would involve discredited energy sources such as wind farms and solar power, sources which have proved completed inadequate at providing high levels of power supplies.

Like I said before, this election comes at a frightening point in Americas history, and a Democrat victory would virtually ensure that their future as a country is a steep decline, one which would likely embolden their rivals to conflict with them. Unfortunately that's a future the current version of the Democrats would apparently welcome.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

Even Donald didn’t try an excuse this stupid :lol:
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

Mullet 2 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:11 pm
Like referencing the actual words?
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

Derwyn wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:01 pm Mullet has turned into a woke princess over the last few years,
Says the lad attacking Bolton because he wants to bomb a few lads instead of Trump letting them man fûck the west :lol:
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

Mick Mannock wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:12 pm
Mullet 2 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:11 pm
Like referencing the actual words?
There is no way out for you Dumbo

If he didn’t say it as you claim than he is lying when he says he did but was sarcastic.

You’re just too stupid to follow the logic. Probably distracted by a kid cycling past.
fatcat

Post by fatcat »

Mullet 2 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:10 pm
Imprecise is a much nicer way of saying sloppy isn’t it
Sloppy works just fine for me.
fatcat

Post by fatcat »

Mick Mannock wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:11 pm
Derwyn wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:09 pm There will be plenty of tears on here when Trump wins again.

The polls suggest an overwhelming Biden win.
It will be bigger than people think as there will be many, many people who are too embarrassed to admit to pollsters that they support either Biden or Harris.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

I like this idea that he is the Presidential version of the Old Testament.

“Sure he says crazy shit but just ignore it and wait for his son (in law) to explain what he really meant later”
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Derwyn wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:01 pm Mullet has turned into a woke princess over the last few years,

Failed in the real world, took a job from the state “for the pension”. It’s a sad decline.
CrazyIslander

Post by CrazyIslander »

fatcat wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:36 pm
Problem is I can't distinguish between Trump's characteristics and policy. Is using his presidential powers to pardon witnesses that protect him policy or characteristic? Is firing the DOJ for letting an investigation about him policy or characteristic? Pushing the DOJ/FBI to go after political opponents policy or characteristics?
How about using the DOJ as personal lawyers? Or lying to the country about the pandemic then pressuring the CDC not to report it? What about using his hotels/resorts for government business?

On the policy side, repealing the Affordable Care Act, abandoning the Kurds, tax $2trillion tax cuts for the rich. I can't support.

I also can't support his characteristics, racism, lying, corruption, narcissism, stupidity, nastiness.

I really can't support either choice.
Santa

Post by Santa »

ACB. Top of the net. 3-0 the final score. 8)