POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

All things Rugby
CrazyIslander

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by CrazyIslander »

Santa wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:36 pm ACB. Top of the net. 3-0 the final score. 8)
Trump will be very disappointed with her. She's not a Bill Barr. She'll actually vote according to her own thoughts.
If Trump wanted a puppet he should've appointed Bill Barr.
ticketlessinseattle

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

mightyreds wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:11 pm
Fat Old Git wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:26 am Has Covid faded away yet?

Also, I see Pence talking about Trumps how much they've achieved and how they have kept their campaign promises. So I'm assuming the following have been completed?

- Obama care replaced.
- Hillary locked up.
- the wall built and paid for by Mexico
- The deficit down.
- Overseas jobs back in the US.

what did they do on day 2?
Trump is a businessman and man of his word, not a politicker like his opponents. On day 1 he got straight to work on all of the 5 points you have mentioned, and contrary to your implication, he made good progress on them, such as the significant steps taken to improve the trainwreck that was Obama care.*

The degree to which he did not complete on them is the degree to which he was blocked by opponents (such as in the blocking of his attempts complete the Mexican wall and prevent all immigration from terrorist zones, which came from political opponents who welcomed an influx of illegals, criminals and terrorists who would likely vote for them).

And on day 2? (and following):
. He stopped the Chinese taking advantage of the US in their trade relations.
. Got the Europeans to pay their way in NATO.
. Actively hindered the Iranian nuclear effort, cancelling Obamas crazy deal which allowed them to enrich uranium. He also eliminated one of their key terrorists.
. He cancelled Obamas funding of terrorism, which had been via financial support for the Palestinian government.
. He reduced taxes, helping business to thrive.
. He got Kim Jong Un to calm down, by just going and meeting the guy, for God’s sake, with a simple step across the border diplomacy (now I know KJU has just revealed a brand new intercontinental missile, but nothing was going to stop him from doing that, except a nuclear war against him, and at least Trump shut him up, and stopped his maniacal threats and posturing).
. He brought about the move of the US Embassy to Jerusalem.
. He created the biggest advance towards peace in the Middle East since hostilities began, by getting the UAE and Bahrain to recognise Israel.
. He got unemployment down to a record low.
. He got black unemployment to a record low.
. He got black colleges funded.
. He brought back jobs and businesses to the US (so much for your point 5), and that includes strategic materials such as pharmaceuticals that the Chinese have been manufacturing without safeguards against impurities, and could cut off in the case of a war with the West.

*https://nypost.com/2020/09/26/11-things ... obamacare/

Not bad for Day 2.

And what have the Democrats done in opposition?

.Thrown their full support behind the BLM riots, a movement without integrity, based on the lie that police kill blacks in disproportionate numbers to whites (it's the opposite), and proceeding by violence, looting and quickly taken over by crime bosses who sealed off zones of cities and oversaw the tripling of crime (including murders) while Democrat governors denied police and troops the right to go in. Who in their right mind would vote for a Party that solves black problems by gifting them a trolley load of stolen goods? (what Afro-Americans need is to have their problems listened to and worked on with programs to advance their communities, not patronising assumptions that they are associated with the looters).

. 'I'll look after you', Biden says, but there's no policy to back it up - it's the politics of feeling: say nice things and make people feel good, and you don't have to have any substance behind it. Trump is actually doing something about these problems, without the posturing and theatrics of the Democrats.

. And then there's the whole raft of projects the Democrats are ready to unleash which would involve discredited energy sources such as wind farms and solar power, sources which have proved completed inadequate at providing high levels of power supplies.

Like I said before, this election comes at a frightening point in Americas history, and a Democrat victory would virtually ensure that their future as a country is a steep decline, one which would likely embolden their rivals to conflict with them. Unfortunately that's a future the current version of the Democrats would apparently welcome.
every point above can be refuted but for starters you might want to look at the 2 highlighted ones
Santa

Post by Santa »

CrazyIslander wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:39 pm
Santa wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:36 pm ACB. Top of the net. 3-0 the final score. 8)
Trump will be very disappointed with her. She's not a Bill Barr. She'll actually vote according to her own thoughts.
As long as she condemns poor people to no medical treatment, subjugates all women and makes sure that rapists can successfully sire children I will be happy. :thumbup:
Sawtooth the Beaver

Post by Sawtooth the Beaver »

by Santa » 27 Oct 2020 13:44

CrazyIslander wrote: ↑27 Oct 2020 13:39
Santa wrote: ↑27 Oct 2020 13:36
ACB. Top of the net. 3-0 the final score. 8)
As long as she condemns poor people to no medical treatment, subjugates all women and makes sure that rapists can successfully sire children I will be happy. :thumbup:
As the saying goes, if you tried having an open mind your brain would fall out.
mightyreds

Post by mightyreds »

Mick Mannock wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:59 pm I am saddened by how many of you actually believe Biden is an upgrade on Trump. It is as if you willfully ignore his history of racism, hypocrisy, and now his corruption, and enablement of his son's deviancy, and criminal behaviour.

You are stupid people.

Biden may well win. It will be a disaster for the US if he does.
Exactly, Mick Mannock, it beggars belief that anyone could consign their country into the hands of this sleazy, slimy character:

https://catallaxyfiles.com/2020/10/08/i ... t-of-2020/

Correction: sleazy, slimy, senile character:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyV_j1aH_cc
mightyreds

Post by mightyreds »

mightyreds wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:51 pm
Mick Mannock wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:59 pm I am saddened by how many of you actually believe Biden is an upgrade on Trump. It is as if you willfully ignore his history of racism, hypocrisy, and now his corruption, and enablement of his son's deviancy, and criminal behaviour.

You are stupid people.

Exactly, Mick Mannock, it beggars belief that anyone could consign their country into the hands of this sleazy, slimy character:

Sorry, I should have added, 'See the tweet on Justice Thomas', before the first link.
CrazyIslander

Post by CrazyIslander »

Santa wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:44 pm
She's a law professor and apparently a defender of the constitution. It would definitely have crossed her mind that her appointment is an attempt by Trump to influence the court. My bet, she'll excuse herself from the Affordable Care case.
Remember, Trump has fired a lot of his appointees to his administration, many have pushed back at him. This time he can't fire this appointee. We'll know soon enough.
towny

Post by towny »

mightyreds wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:55 pm

You are stupid people.

Sorry, I should have added, 'See the tweet on Justice Thomas', before the first link.
You are the worst poster on this bored. I’m deeply saddened that you support the reds. You’re just a shit cnut.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

Middle aged bitter men are becoming a problem.

Lads obviously not getting their end away
towny

Post by towny »

Mullet 2 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:22 pm Middle aged bitter men are becoming a problem.

Lads obviously not getting their end away
Easy there! Some of us are alight.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

CrazyIslander wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:55 pm
Santa wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:44 pm
She's a law professor and apparently a defender of the constitution. It would definitely have crossed her mind that her appointment is an attempt by Trump to influence the court. My bet, she'll excuse herself from the Affordable Care case.
Remember, Trump has fired a lot of his appointees to his administration, many have pushed back at him. This time he can't fire this appointee. We'll know soon enough.
I don't know much about the supreme court. The only issues I know of that were party specific all the justices have voted on party lines.
towny

Post by towny »

I think there is a bit too much hysteria here. The way this judge was brought into the SC is fine. It’s how it should always happen. If the GOP gamed the system last time, it’s because the law wasn’t clear.

Politics is brutal. Deal with it.

She might end Roe v Wade. So? I’m not American and I don’t know why people that don’t live there care. If this sucks for the extreme lefties then they should have voted last time instead of undermining Clinton because they wanted Larry David. This is what they sowed.

Is she going to rig the election? No. She might not be 100% straight, but has she shown herself to be a POS like Kavanagh or Thomas? No.

If the Dems win, they get a huge chance to fix the rules of the game a bit or play their own version of silly buggers. Either way, life will go on. They need to stop whinging and go get some headkickers to kick heads for 4 years. See if Obama wants to be AJ?

I can’t see any judge putting their legacy on the line to save the fraud in the WH. Whinging that it isn’t fair won’t get one vote and just burns oxygen - it also highlights Trump winning some hit ffs. It’s the only thing he’s got. Keep your foot on the throat - Covid deaths, mismanagement, Covid Deaths, ineptness, Covid Deaths, dishonesty, Covid deaths, corruption, Covid deaths, idiocy...

Joe needs to win this by 10% to shut the Nazis up. Don’t lose focus motherf*ckers.
Last edited by towny on Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

All true towny and I also would and I don't think that has been given enough focus
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

I don't know any sane people who have a problem with the court pick. I'm a Catholic conservative.

I have a problem with a Russian stooge and Turkish dick sucker in the Oval.
redderneck

Post by redderneck »

Mullet 2 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:55 pm I don't know any sane people who have a problem with the court pick. I'm a Catholic conservative.

Ever considered moving over towards Iveagh House?
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

They wouldn’t like me
fonzeee

Post by fonzeee »

4071 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:06 am
fonzeee wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:58 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:41 am It's the rank and file Republicans (including a former president) who refuse to vote for him who I understand. I wish like some others they would vote Democrat to hammer home the point.
Tbf the confirmation of a third(!) conservative justice in four years just a few hours ago could certainly be said to vindicate the hold-your-nose-and-vote-for-whoever's-wearing-the-red-tie voters.

Lots of "ends justifying the means" rationalizations in this day and age, on both sides.
Sure, it's "both sides"

Right.
Saying the ends justify the means and putting up with people they know are cvnts to stick it to the "bad guys"? Yes.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

I also have no issue with the supreme court pick.

Trump may have picked her, but doesn't mean she owes him. After all he can't remove her and has zero leverage on her.
DOB

Post by DOB »

Mullet 2 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:55 pm I don't know any sane people who have a problem with the court pick. I'm a Catholic conservative.

She's going to turn over Obamacare, which will boot 10s of millions of Americans off their health insurance.

Now, granted, if that means the Dems have to go back and pass something that actually provides a government framework to provide health care to all Americans, rather than the sop to the private insurance industry that Obamacare ended up being, it might end up being a good thing. But not out of any human kindness that might live in ACB's heart.
Zico

Post by Zico »

Be careful what you wish for.

Chances are that Democrats will have a full deck next year. The Orange conman wasted most of his window of opportunity vindictively attacking Obama's legacy, clearing house of dissenting voices and only really achieved a tax cut for his donors.

If the Biden administration can avoid being sidetracked into prosecuting the Orange sex offender and his cronies they could rewrite the rule book in their favour. After the last four years Democrats know there is no depth the GOP won't go to so they have every motivation to bend their own principles for the greater good.
Short Man Syndrome

Post by Short Man Syndrome »

“... the gratur gooood..”

Also: https://twitter.com/mi6rogue/status/132 ... 49952?s=21
I'm afraid you @realDonaldTrump fans who have fallen for the Hunter Email scandal are going to be disappointed the Emails scandal is a dead cat. Here are some of them showing a deal including Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg. #TrumpLiesAmericansDie
Zico

Post by Zico »

iarmhiman wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:37 pm I also have no issue with the supreme court pick.

Trump may have picked her, but doesn't mean she owes him. After all he can't remove her and has zero leverage on her.
Would you have her on our SC or ECJ panel?

Look at what's happening in Poland. There's an insidious movement to repeal hard fought liberties behind closed doors by loading courts with ultra conservatives who don't reflect the values of the people.

I don't do conspiracy theories, but there you go.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Zico wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:54 pm Be careful what you wish for.

Chances are that Democrats will have a full deck next year. The Orange conman wasted most of his window of opportunity vindictively attacking Obama's legacy, clearing house of dissenting voices and only really achieved a tax cut for his donors.

If the Biden administration can avoid being sidetracked into prosecuting the Orange sex offender and his cronies they could rewrite the rule book in their favour. After the last four years Democrats know there is no depth the GOP won't go to so they have every motivation to bend their own principles for the greater good.
This is the point I was making earlier. Although it's more like 20 years than 4.

If the Democrats win both houses they will stack the supreme court and have at it.
puku

Post by puku »

This MightyReds character has drained the KoolAid. Wall not built, Mexico not paid, ACA still not replaced...

Re the "injecting disinfectant" riff Trump was on. Of course to most people it was a stupid thing to say, Trump excepted, obviously. But the true insight for me is that Trump genuinely thought he had some sort of scientific revelation. That only he had this kind of insight and that the virologist and others were just too stupid to see it. Ever the narcissist is our man Trump. The reality of course is that every virologist or infectious disease expect had never considered what Trump was thinking because, you know, if was shear fücking idiocy.

Just to remind Mick. The makers of Lysol felt compelled to put out a PSA.
towny

Post by towny »

I remember the good ol’ days when my ideological enemy was a Catholic conservative. Hopefully I can go back to rubbishing your opinions on 2021.
towny

Post by towny »

DOB wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:46 pm

She's going to turn over Obamacare, which will boot 10s of millions of Americans off their health insurance.
Maybe next time those people will vote. They got the politicians they deserved and now live with the consequences. Don’t get me wrong, I do have empathy for their plight, but I also feel bad for the forklift drivers at work that should have worked harder at school.

Americans made their bed. It’s not up to a judge to save them from themselves. She is going to do what a Clinton judge would never have done.
Last edited by towny on Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redderneck

Post by redderneck »

Mullet 2 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:23 pm They wouldn’t like me
Iron a few blue shirts and you'd be grand
Santa

Post by Santa »

Short Man Syndrome wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:04 pm “... the gratur gooood..”

I'm afraid you @realDonaldTrump fans who have fallen for the Hunter Email scandal are going to be disappointed the Emails scandal is a dead cat. Here are some of them showing a deal including Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg. #TrumpLiesAmericansDie
Ah, the old if some things aren't evidence then no things are evidence theory of evidence. It goes nicely with believe all women and white supremacy explains everything. :thumbup:
CrazyIslander

Post by CrazyIslander »

Santa wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:49 pm

Ah, the old if some things aren't evidence then no things are evidence theory of evidence. It goes nicely with believe all women and white supremacy explains everything. :thumbup:
It's legit, millions went to H and 10% went to the Big Guy. wink wink
Q.
Zico

Post by Zico »

Like Santa? :lol:
CrazyIslander

Post by CrazyIslander »

towny wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:44 pm

Maybe next time those people will vote. They got the politicians they deserved and now live with the consequences. Don’t get me wrong, I do have empathy for their plight, but I also feel bad for the forklift drivers at work that should have worked harder at school.

Americans made their bed. It’s not up to a judge to save them from themselves. She is going to do what a Clinton judge would never have done.
Yeah, the hate for Hilary by some Dems and neutrals was ridiculous. Here was a person who spent her life fighting for social justice and the values they claim to share and the abandoned her for a conman.
Short Man Syndrome

Post by Short Man Syndrome »

Ah, the old ‘Santa being a dull twat and a poundshop Sneaker wannabe Nazi’ trick. Oldest trick in the book, that.

Post by 4071 »

mightyreds wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:55 pm

You are stupid people.

The one where he questions Thomas on the subject of Natural Law? How, er... sleazy...? Slimy...?

You're so fucken weird.
DOB

Post by DOB »

towny wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:44 pm

"How did we get to this SCOTUS pick?" is a very different question to "What's wrong with this SCOTUS pick?", and I was answering the 2nd one.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

Who knows how she votes if a case is brought
Santa

Post by Santa »

Oh Jesus you have to see the new Lincoln Project ad. I'll find a link.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1321107677368430593
Zico

Post by Zico »

Santa wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:26 pm Oh Jesus you have to see the new Lincoln Project ad. I'll find a link.

Click on this link from a troll -> www.nothingyoudbeinterestedin.potentiallydangerous.scam
fonzeee

Post by fonzeee »

Mullet 2 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:19 pm Who knows how she votes if a case is brought
Exactly. It was a Reagan appointee that essentially ensured gay marriage by judicial fiat after all.

Plenty of conservatives have been annoyed by Roberts' decisions too; he's hardly gone party line.

And it's not unheard of for long-tenured justices to shift ideologically over the decades. In all likelihood she'll be there until at least 2050.
Santa

Post by Santa »

Santa wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:26 pm Oh Jesus you have to see the new Lincoln Project ad. I'll find a link.

My hope is that they laughed cynically the whole time they were putting that together. My fear is that they didn't.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

:lol:

Some twats spent money on that shite.