ex-POTUS DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

All things Rugby
User avatar
BokJock
Posts: 5652
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:30 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by BokJock »

Mick Mannock wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:17 pm
iarmhiman wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:10 pm
towny wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:08 pm If they count all the votes, Biden will win the popular vote by 8 figures. Biggest blow-out in decades.
I often wonder does Mick know the difference between electoral college vote and popular vote? He wouldn't confuse them would he?
I am well aware of the difference. It is your arrogant assumption about the majority being sick of Trump that I take issue with.

And I will never be the dumbest poster on here whilst Towny draws breath.
The majority were sick of Trump back in 2016, by quite a big margin. He has done the square root of fudge all to convince them they were wrong last time
Mick Mannock
Posts: 25834
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Mick Mannock »

BokJock wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:43 pm
Mick Mannock wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:17 pm
iarmhiman wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:10 pm
towny wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:08 pm If they count all the votes, Biden will win the popular vote by 8 figures. Biggest blow-out in decades.
I often wonder does Mick know the difference between electoral college vote and popular vote? He wouldn't confuse them would he?
I am well aware of the difference. It is your arrogant assumption about the majority being sick of Trump that I take issue with.

And I will never be the dumbest poster on here whilst Towny draws breath.
The majority were sick of Trump back in 2016, by quite a big margin. He has done the square root of fudge all to convince them they were wrong last time
You hope
User avatar
4071
Posts: 5496
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by 4071 »

fonzeee wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:52 pm
4071 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:49 pm
fatcat wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:36 pm
4071 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:28 pm
If I answer a knock on my door and am confronted by two men, one of whom has dogshit smeared on his shoe and the other of whom is not only smeared all over and dripping with faeces but is actively shitting himself as he stands there, then I don't want to let either man into my house. But if I had to choose, then I'd prefer the guy with some shit on his shoe.
Just supposing Biden had Trump's policies and Biden's characteristics and Trump had Biden's policies and Trump's characteristics, who would you prefer to be pres?
That's actually a pretty good question. That really does feel like Sophie's Choice.

Obviously I would oppose a Biden with Trump policies. I don't think that highly of Biden, and a bunch of shit and harmful policies wrapped in a less offensive packaging would still be shit. But would I actually support a Trump with Biden policies? I very much doubt it.

First, because Trump is a narcissistic sociopath, and even if he espoused policies I agreed with I could not trust him to follow through on them. Second because Biden's policies aren't that exciting and worth putting up with a plum like Trump for.

I would vote neither.

But if I had no third option and had to pick one or the other, I suppose I would reluctantly be marginally less angered by a Trump-like character with better policies. But in terms of a choice, this feels like asking me which eyeball I would rather have gouged out by a spoon.
This is a very interesting post, as you ultimately arrive at the same conclusion that many GOP voters did: support the asshole that agrees with my worldview. Which is fair, I might add.

So while you might not agree with that worldview, if you happened to hold some version of it yourself, you would have voted for him.

For all the talk of "how could anyone vote for Trump", MAGA die hards aside, I think this shows it. You don't need to be a maniac. Unless you consider being conservative to be a categorically invalid position of course.

Ultimately I don't arrive at the same conclusion as Republicans who vote for Trump as I say, quite explicitly, that I would not vote for either.

Trump has Republican support and they voted for him, and continue to support him despite everything he does.

That's rather different from "would I actually support a Trump with Biden policies? I very much doubt it." and "I would vote neither."

This, you may note, does not support your conclusion that I would have voted for him.

You can tell, because I explicitly say the opposite of what you claim I said.
User avatar
BokJock
Posts: 5652
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:30 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by BokJock »

Mick Mannock wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:45 pm
BokJock wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:43 pm
Mick Mannock wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:17 pm
iarmhiman wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:10 pm
towny wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:08 pm If they count all the votes, Biden will win the popular vote by 8 figures. Biggest blow-out in decades.
I often wonder does Mick know the difference between electoral college vote and popular vote? He wouldn't confuse them would he?
I am well aware of the difference. It is your arrogant assumption about the majority being sick of Trump that I take issue with.

And I will never be the dumbest poster on here whilst Towny draws breath.
The majority were sick of Trump back in 2016, by quite a big margin. He has done the square root of fudge all to convince them they were wrong last time
You hope
I suppose he has deported a lot of those 3 million extra people who voted for Hillary ;) nudge nudge wink wink
User avatar
flaggETERNAL
Posts: 6574
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by flaggETERNAL »

merry! wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:52 pm https://mobile.twitter.com/JackPosobiec ... 6097490947
BREAKING: New audio of Hunter Biden talking about his partner “the f**king spy chief of China”
:lol:
tds is so strong in some they'd rather sell out the states to the commies....than see the don re-elected. :nod:
Erm...how do we know that's actually HB?
User avatar
fonzeee
Posts: 4566
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:10 pm
Location: Boston

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by fonzeee »

4071 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:53 pm Ultimately I don't arrive at the same conclusion as Republicans who vote for Trump as I say, quite explicitly, that I would not vote for either.

Trump has Republican support and they voted for him, and continue to support him despite everything he does.

That's rather different from "would I actually support a Trump with Biden policies? I very much doubt it." and "I would vote neither."

This, you may note, does not support your conclusion that I would have voted for him.

You can tell, because I explicitly say the opposite of what you claim I said.
Well, you said "But if I had no third option and had to pick one or the other", which while not literally true could easily be taken to mean, in our two party system, R or D, if you simply consider voting a non-negotiable duty. In fact this is how many people see it, and these are the exact words they use.

You are aware you don't always have to post like a snarky cunt, right?

FFS you even had some sassy reply to one of those beautiful girls I posted.
Last edited by fonzeee on Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
BokJock
Posts: 5652
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:30 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by BokJock »

A nutjob rightwing mate just sent this to me - it is from a site called the National Pulse that claim to have exclusively obtained it.

I will let you guess how the reliability of this news source is rated
User avatar
paddyor
Posts: 19418
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:51 pm

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by paddyor »

Mullet 2 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:55 pm I don't know any sane people who have a problem with the court pick. I'm a Catholic conservative.

I have a problem with a Russian stooge and Turkish dick sucker in the Oval.
We don't re\lly know how it will play out but he's doing his best to create uncertainty about the results and trying to interfere in how votes are cast and counted. It seems the GOP want to block early counting but at the same time insist that results be delivered on the day. And that seems to be the play. Create enough uncertainty that the result will have to be adjudicated by a favourable court. Why else would you screw around with postal/early voting this much this close to the election. He could have done this years ago.

Otherwise I agree about Barrett. No other country seems to fudge around with the franchise as much as the yanks do and it's generally the GOP which inevitably creates a problem for the courts. IMO, getting Roe vs Wade repealed and left to the states would kill the issue for the GOP and some form of abortion would be legalised in +60% of states. The country has a majority of GOP govenors most whom hold power by not messing anything up and not being too controversial. Like if Texas republicans actually got what they wanted and repealed abortion they might find themselves out on their ear at the next state elections. They're able to fudge with it because of the federal security blanket.
User avatar
wamberal
Posts: 1342
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by wamberal »

CrazyIslander wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:42 am
Derwyn wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:35 am
Mullet 2 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:30 am He on the ballot?
I think it is now established that sleepy Joe is up to his eyeballs in corruption.
That smear tactic worked against Hilary last time but don't think people will be fooled twice now that they've gotten to know Donald better.
Getting to know him better takes about 5 minutes for the person of average intelligence.
User avatar
shanky
Posts: 22053
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by shanky »

EverReady wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:32 pm Tbh I think a lot of them looked at his paunchy belly smoking crack and getting a blowie off the prostitute and thought to themselves 'that looks like a busy but satisfying Thursday night'
TBF, I think that seems like a reasonable thought to have

I’m in.
User avatar
TheFrog
Posts: 14002
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by TheFrog »

New Guy 2 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:42 pm
Santa wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:26 pm Oh Jesus you have to see the new Lincoln Project ad. I'll find a link.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1321107677368430593
:lol:

That is incredible.
Same level of scaremongering as the claims that Biden will transform the US into a socialist country and that Antifa will run riots around the country under him.
User avatar
TheFrog
Posts: 14002
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by TheFrog »

Derwyn wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:03 pm Some 🚨🚨🚨 explosive stuff re the #HunterTapes
Hate to break it to you

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/522 ... ngle-voter

And you may want to check how Trump treated Ted Cruz during the primary. Same old smear tactics...
User avatar
shanky
Posts: 22053
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by shanky »

TheFrog wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:22 pm
New Guy 2 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:42 pm
Santa wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:26 pm Oh Jesus you have to see the new Lincoln Project ad. I'll find a link.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1321107677368430593
:lol:

That is incredible.
Same level of scaremongering as the claims that Biden will transform the US into a socialist country and that Antifa will run riots around the country under him.
Not really, the 12th Amendment loophole means that Trump could serve as VP to a successful Ivanka campaign, much like Putin did.

All perfectly legal.

Think about it

/QAnon
User avatar
Derwyn
Posts: 3140
Joined: Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:08 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Derwyn »

TheFrog wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:32 pm
Derwyn wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:03 pm Some 🚨🚨🚨 explosive stuff re the #HunterTapes
Hate to break it to you

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/522 ... ngle-voter

And you may want to check how Trump treated Ted Cruz during the primary. Same old smear tactics...
Did you read the article that you just posted?
User avatar
4071
Posts: 5496
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by 4071 »

fonzeee wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:11 pm
4071 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:53 pm Ultimately I don't arrive at the same conclusion as Republicans who vote for Trump as I say, quite explicitly, that I would not vote for either.

Trump has Republican support and they voted for him, and continue to support him despite everything he does.

That's rather different from "would I actually support a Trump with Biden policies? I very much doubt it." and "I would vote neither."

This, you may note, does not support your conclusion that I would have voted for him.

You can tell, because I explicitly say the opposite of what you claim I said.
Well, you said "But if I had no third option and had to pick one or the other", which while not literally true could easily be taken to mean, in our two party system, R or D, if you simply consider voting a non-negotiable duty. In fact this is how many people see it, and these are the exact words they use.

You are aware you don't always have to post like a snarky cunt, right?

FFS you even had some sassy reply to one of those beautiful girls I posted.
Not voting is a third option.

"I would vote neither."

It's not complicated.
User avatar
paddyor
Posts: 19418
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:51 pm

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by paddyor »

The Biden as Chyna stooge is interesting, especailly since it's being pushed by Mick. He was part of an admin that started moving away from Chyna with TPP(opposed by Trump and it's EU equivalent TTIP was opposed by Brexiters). Trump does a lot of sound and fury but he often gives out the win to make himself look like a dealmaker.

Of course Mconnell is married to a shipping magnate heiress(Elaine Zhao) whose part of Trumps cabinet(transportation) and you'll never guess where a lot her business is tied up.
User avatar
TheFrog
Posts: 14002
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by TheFrog »

Derwyn wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:53 pm
TheFrog wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:32 pm
Derwyn wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:03 pm Some 🚨🚨🚨 explosive stuff re the #HunterTapes
Hate to break it to you

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/522 ... ngle-voter

And you may want to check how Trump treated Ted Cruz during the primary. Same old smear tactics...
Did you read the article that you just posted?
I did, did you?
Last edited by TheFrog on Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Fat Old Git
Posts: 21820
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: A vacant lot next to a pile of rubble

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Fat Old Git »

shanky wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:24 pm
Mullet 2 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:19 pm :lol: :lol:

You're beaten

Show some dignity. Trump is the Welsh Pro14 side of candidates
The Trumpers have been screaming about ‘letting the people decide’ and ‘fake impeachments’ for a few years.

Now that the people are actually deciding, they want intervention action taken.
The people decided last time, with the majority deciding they didn't want Trump. But that isn't how democracy works in the US.
User avatar
Whatever
Posts: 1253
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Rockyville, Merryland

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Whatever »

wamberal wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:19 pm
CrazyIslander wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:42 am
Derwyn wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:35 am
Mullet 2 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:30 am He on the ballot?
I think it is now established that sleepy Joe is up to his eyeballs in corruption.
That smear tactic worked against Hilary last time but don't think people will be fooled twice now that they've gotten to know Donald better.
Getting to know him better takes about 5 minutes for the person of average intelligence.
Aye, Trump is not just a nutjob, he is a very obvious nutjob. There is no shortage of nuts and weirdos in the US, but it still bewilders me that anyone takes this ridiculous person seriously, let alone would elect him as their leader. Look at him, listen to him, he's a clown.

History will not be kind to him, as the history books will be written by historians not his cheer-leaders, and he will be added to the pantheon of insane leaders like mad King Ludwig of Bavaria, Idi Amin, Quadaffi etc.
User avatar
Kiwias
Posts: 42040
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Kiwias »

Whatever wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:57 am
wamberal wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:19 pm
CrazyIslander wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:42 am
Derwyn wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:35 am
Mullet 2 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:30 am He on the ballot?
I think it is now established that sleepy Joe is up to his eyeballs in corruption.
That smear tactic worked against Hilary last time but don't think people will be fooled twice now that they've gotten to know Donald better.
Getting to know him better takes about 5 minutes for the person of average intelligence.
Aye, Trump is not just a nutjob, he is a very obvious nutjob. There is no shortage of nuts and weirdos in the US, but it still bewilders me that anyone takes this ridiculous person seriously, let alone would elect him as their leader. Look at him, listen to him, he's a clown.

History will not be kind to him, as the history books will be written by historians not his cheer-leaders, and he will be added to the pantheon of insane leaders like mad King Ludwig of Bavaria, Idi Amin, Quadaffi etc.
Yes, he has been a conman his whole life yet people believe the lie that he was a hugely successful businessman
User avatar
Short Man Syndrome
Posts: 6707
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Front and centre.

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Short Man Syndrome »

The history books will have a side note saying 'Trump was nuttier than squirrel shit, but you should have seen the messed-up bags o'shite that supported him, believed him and even - I know, we can hardly believe it ourselves! - thought that he was 'their guy'.
User avatar
Whatever
Posts: 1253
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Rockyville, Merryland

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Whatever »

Kiwias wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:24 am
Whatever wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:57 am
wamberal wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:19 pm
CrazyIslander wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:42 am
Derwyn wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:35 am

I think it is now established that sleepy Joe is up to his eyeballs in corruption.
That smear tactic worked against Hilary last time but don't think people will be fooled twice now that they've gotten to know Donald better.
Getting to know him better takes about 5 minutes for the person of average intelligence.
Aye, Trump is not just a nutjob, he is a very obvious nutjob. There is no shortage of nuts and weirdos in the US, but it still bewilders me that anyone takes this ridiculous person seriously, let alone would elect him as their leader. Look at him, listen to him, he's a clown.

History will not be kind to him, as the history books will be written by historians not his cheer-leaders, and he will be added to the pantheon of insane leaders like mad King Ludwig of Bavaria, Idi Amin, Quadaffi etc.
Yes, he has been a conman his whole life yet people believe the lie that he was a hugely successful businessman
Judging by the details about his tax return that were made public, it seems he may have largely squandered his Daddy's fortune. We know he owes large sums of money to various and it would be interesting to balance the books and see if he is in fact still in the black (not that he would like that expression). He needs to find a way to make money to pay his creditors and if he fails to make pres again, I fear his next career will be as a 'commentator' on Fox or talkback radio. He is herpes, he won't go away.
User avatar
fonzeee
Posts: 4566
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:10 pm
Location: Boston

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by fonzeee »

4071 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:06 am
fonzeee wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:11 pm
4071 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:53 pm Ultimately I don't arrive at the same conclusion as Republicans who vote for Trump as I say, quite explicitly, that I would not vote for either.

Trump has Republican support and they voted for him, and continue to support him despite everything he does.

That's rather different from "would I actually support a Trump with Biden policies? I very much doubt it." and "I would vote neither."

This, you may note, does not support your conclusion that I would have voted for him.

You can tell, because I explicitly say the opposite of what you claim I said.
Well, you said "But if I had no third option and had to pick one or the other", which while not literally true could easily be taken to mean, in our two party system, R or D, if you simply consider voting a non-negotiable duty. In fact this is how many people see it, and these are the exact words they use.

You are aware you don't always have to post like a snarky cunt, right?

FFS you even had some sassy reply to one of those beautiful girls I posted.
Not voting is a third option.

"I would vote neither."

It's not complicated.
- Fatcat poses binary choice
- you eventually answer his question, expressing a preference for asshole you agree with
- I point out that this demonstrates how reasonable people can arrive at a position of supporting someone like Trump, albeit fatefully failing to spell out that I'm still operating in the binary world of the question quoted by the post I was responding to
- you go on about your third choice in this imaginary election in your typical douchey manner as if that has anything to do with what I was getting at, or even yourself insofar as you were actually answering fatcat's question
- I relate your condition for expressing said preference to American politics and the views of many American voters, in order to demonstrate the how this applies to the real world
- you continue to miss the point
Last edited by fonzeee on Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
The Optimist
Posts: 5167
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:47 pm
Location: Chukity - puck!!!

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by The Optimist »

Image
User avatar
Anonymous 1
Posts: 41914
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Location: Planet Rock

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Trump would love that piece of art. DOMINATING
User avatar
BokJock
Posts: 5652
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:30 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by BokJock »

I haven't seen the show or read the news this morning but I assume that Joe has been arrested after Hunter's business partner's appearance on The Baffled One's show on Fox last night?
Mick Mannock
Posts: 25834
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Mick Mannock »

Not yet
Punter15
Posts: 919
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:29 pm

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Punter15 »

Mick Mannock wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:18 am Not yet
Isn’t that the answer to if Eric and Don jr have learnt to tie their shoelaces?
User avatar
4071
Posts: 5496
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by 4071 »

fonzeee wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:07 am
4071 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:06 am
fonzeee wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:11 pm
4071 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:53 pm Ultimately I don't arrive at the same conclusion as Republicans who vote for Trump as I say, quite explicitly, that I would not vote for either.

Trump has Republican support and they voted for him, and continue to support him despite everything he does.

That's rather different from "would I actually support a Trump with Biden policies? I very much doubt it." and "I would vote neither."

This, you may note, does not support your conclusion that I would have voted for him.

You can tell, because I explicitly say the opposite of what you claim I said.
Well, you said "But if I had no third option and had to pick one or the other", which while not literally true could easily be taken to mean, in our two party system, R or D, if you simply consider voting a non-negotiable duty. In fact this is how many people see it, and these are the exact words they use.

You are aware you don't always have to post like a snarky cunt, right?

FFS you even had some sassy reply to one of those beautiful girls I posted.
Not voting is a third option.

"I would vote neither."

It's not complicated.
- Fatcat poses binary choice
- you eventually answer his question, expressing a preference for asshole you agree with
- I point out that this demonstrates how reasonable people can arrive at a position of supporting someone like Trump, albeit fatefully failing to spell out that I'm still operating in the binary world of the question quoted by the post I was responding to
- you go on about your third choice in this imaginary election in your typical douchey manner as if that has anything to do with what I was getting at, or even yourself insofar as you were actually answering fatcat's question
- I relate your condition for expressing said preference to American politics and the views of many American voters, in order to demonstrate the how this applies to the real world
- you continue to miss the point
No, what you are doing is pretending that a fictional and purely binary choice is exactly the same as a non-fictional, non-binary choice in order to reach a conclusion about my position that is entirely at odds with my actual stated position.

In a non-hypothetical, non-binary situation (such as an election) there is the option to not vote. Most people took that option in 2016, for example. As I stated, in the hypothetical situation offered that would have been my option because voting FOR a narcissistic sociopath is not an option. You have somehow, bizarrely, taken that to mean I would have voted for Trump if I agreed with his policies.

This is not just a stretch, it is actually the opposite of my stated position.
User avatar
Fat Old Git
Posts: 21820
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: A vacant lot next to a pile of rubble

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Fat Old Git »

ticketlessinseattle wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:43 pm
mightyreds wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:11 pm
Fat Old Git wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:26 am Has Covid faded away yet?

Also, I see Pence talking about Trumps how much they've achieved and how they have kept their campaign promises. So I'm assuming the following have been completed?

- Obama care replaced.
- Hillary locked up.
- the wall built and paid for by Mexico
- The deficit down.
- Overseas jobs back in the US.

what did they do on day 2?
Trump is a businessman and man of his word, not a politicker like his opponents. On day 1 he got straight to work on all of the 5 points you have mentioned, and contrary to your implication, he made good progress on them, such as the significant steps taken to improve the trainwreck that was Obama care.*

The degree to which he did not complete on them is the degree to which he was blocked by opponents (such as in the blocking of his attempts complete the Mexican wall and prevent all immigration from terrorist zones, which came from political opponents who welcomed an influx of illegals, criminals and terrorists who would likely vote for them).

And on day 2? (and following):
. He stopped the Chinese taking advantage of the US in their trade relations.
. Got the Europeans to pay their way in NATO.
. Actively hindered the Iranian nuclear effort, cancelling Obamas crazy deal which allowed them to enrich uranium. He also eliminated one of their key terrorists.
. He cancelled Obamas funding of terrorism, which had been via financial support for the Palestinian government.
. He reduced taxes, helping business to thrive.
. He got Kim Jong Un to calm down, by just going and meeting the guy, for God’s sake, with a simple step across the border diplomacy (now I know KJU has just revealed a brand new intercontinental missile, but nothing was going to stop him from doing that, except a nuclear war against him, and at least Trump shut him up, and stopped his maniacal threats and posturing).
. He brought about the move of the US Embassy to Jerusalem.
. He created the biggest advance towards peace in the Middle East since hostilities began, by getting the UAE and Bahrain to recognise Israel.
. He got unemployment down to a record low.
. He got black unemployment to a record low.
. He got black colleges funded.
. He brought back jobs and businesses to the US (so much for your point 5), and that includes strategic materials such as pharmaceuticals that the Chinese have been manufacturing without safeguards against impurities, and could cut off in the case of a war with the West.

*https://nypost.com/2020/09/26/11-things ... obamacare/

Not bad for Day 2.

And what have the Democrats done in opposition?

.Thrown their full support behind the BLM riots, a movement without integrity, based on the lie that police kill blacks in disproportionate numbers to whites (it's the opposite), and proceeding by violence, looting and quickly taken over by crime bosses who sealed off zones of cities and oversaw the tripling of crime (including murders) while Democrat governors denied police and troops the right to go in. Who in their right mind would vote for a Party that solves black problems by gifting them a trolley load of stolen goods? (what Afro-Americans need is to have their problems listened to and worked on with programs to advance their communities, not patronising assumptions that they are associated with the looters).

. 'I'll look after you', Biden says, but there's no policy to back it up - it's the politics of feeling: say nice things and make people feel good, and you don't have to have any substance behind it. Trump is actually doing something about these problems, without the posturing and theatrics of the Democrats.

. And then there's the whole raft of projects the Democrats are ready to unleash which would involve discredited energy sources such as wind farms and solar power, sources which have proved completed inadequate at providing high levels of power supplies.

Like I said before, this election comes at a frightening point in Americas history, and a Democrat victory would virtually ensure that their future as a country is a steep decline, one which would likely embolden their rivals to conflict with them. Unfortunately that's a future the current version of the Democrats would apparently welcome.
every point above can be refuted but for starters you might want to look at the 2 highlighted ones
Indeed, there are some amazing rose tinted glasses there, and dare I suggest, some some straight out BS.

This one might be accurate, rather than just riding someone else's achievement or just being completely incorrect or spin.
He brought about the move of the US Embassy to Jerusalem.
But I'm not sure quite how that has improved the situation in the middle east or why it's an achievement the US should be proud of. It's just backing one side over the other and avoiding trying to find an actual win - win situation.

Normalizations of relations between some countries that weren't shooting at each other is likely to be a good thing overall in the long term (well, if you're not a Palestinian anyway), but you do wonder how much was Trumps' doing, and what the cost to the US might have been in trade concessions etc. The timing just before an election is very convenient, but might just be a reflection of 4 years hard work.

Not that we have seen much evidence of Trump or his team actually working hard on anything. We're supposed to believe they can create peace in the middle east when they can't replace a "terrible" health care package like Obama care, despite having many years to work on it before getting elected.

Trump doesn't even seem to be able to attend meetings on the one of the greatest crisis the US has faced , so it's hard to imagine him putting in the hours to anything else.
User avatar
Fat Old Git
Posts: 21820
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: A vacant lot next to a pile of rubble

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Fat Old Git »

BokJock wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:55 am I haven't seen the show or read the news this morning but I assume that Joe has been arrested after Hunter's business partner's appearance on The Baffled One's show on Fox last night?
He's on the list just behind Hillary.
piquant
Posts: 9670
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:01 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by piquant »

paddyor wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:43 am

Of course Mconnell is married to a shipping magnate heiress(Elaine Zhao) whose part of Trumps cabinet(transportation) and you'll never guess where a lot her business is tied up.

Is it corruption? Certainly a lot of the business has the appearance of being tied up in corruption.
Mick Mannock
Posts: 25834
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Mick Mannock »

Punter15 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:25 am
Mick Mannock wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:18 am Not yet
Isn’t that the answer to if Eric and Don jr have learnt to tie their shoelaces?
No.
Punter15
Posts: 919
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:29 pm

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Punter15 »

Mick Mannock wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:38 am
Punter15 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:25 am
Mick Mannock wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:18 am Not yet
Isn’t that the answer to if Eric and Don jr have learnt to tie their shoelaces?
No.
Fake news
Santa
Posts: 11275
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:56 pm

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Santa »

Most of you won't watch this but here is Tuckers interview with Bobulinski. Bear in mind that this guy has also testified under threat of perjury to his claims. His motivation appears to be the smear that he's basically a Russian operative (witting or unwitting), as made by Schiff, many people in the media and Biden.

https://youtu.be/2zLfBRgeFFo

You guys are misreading this. There is a story here somewhere.
ticketlessinseattle
Posts: 9423
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: the Confederacy of Dunces

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

yup, fat old git - picking one side and granting them all their wishes unconditionally in the Israel Palestine conflict isn't exactly a win if the goal is to try and settle the conflict ;
User avatar
Mr Mike
Posts: 11161
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Texas

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Mr Mike »

A new high water mark for campaign adverts.

https://youtu.be/y5KNJrt_DTo
Mick Mannock
Posts: 25834
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Mick Mannock »

Santa wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:17 am Most of you won't watch this but here is Tuckers interview with Bobulinski. Bear in mind that this guy has also testified under threat of perjury to his claims. His motivation appears to be the smear that he's basically a Russian operative (witting or unwitting), as made by Schiff, many people in the media and Biden.

https://youtu.be/2zLfBRgeFFo

You guys are misreading this. There is a story here somewhere.
You are correct.
Mick Mannock
Posts: 25834
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Mick Mannock »

Mr Mike wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:24 am A new high water mark for campaign adverts.

https://youtu.be/y5KNJrt_DTo
:lol:
Brilliant :thumbup:
Post Reply