ex-POTUS DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

All things Rugby
Cartman

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Cartman »

message #2527204 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:06 pm Why won't the cvnt fudge off? Is he holding out for some sort of popular armed uprising?
He's still POTUS for a few more weeks isnt he
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

Cartman wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:22 pm
message #2527204 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:06 pm Why won't the cvnt fudge off? Is he holding out for some sort of popular armed uprising?
At least
Sandstorm

Post by Sandstorm »

Mick Mannock wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:31 pm
At least
Clown
message #2527204

Post by message #2527204 »

Why? He lost, he should get the fvck out.
TheFrog

Post by TheFrog »

Mick Mannock wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:15 pm
TheFrog wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:49 pm
Mick Mannock wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:21 pm "I don't know how Afghanistan has more secure elections than Pennsylvania"

"This is disgusting to me"

"We are not going to let it stand."
Yes, 4071, I think you are right to give the benefit of the doubt to Mick. I thought he was dumb but I now accept I was wrong. Above an example of his way of acting. He quotes others, then when you hold him to it, he escapes saying where did I ever say I agreed with this?

His tactics are about echoing others' lies and not accepting any responsibility for it.

Wonder if he is not a trained Iranian agent really.
Do you wonder that because you are phenomenally stupid?
Some people say you are an Iranian agent. I am waiting for this to unfold. After all, I am entitled to my opinion, and my opinion is to wait until they have got to the bottom of this and brought up the evidence against you.
Derwyn

Post by Derwyn »

In a few short weeks President Donald J Trump will begin his second term of the Presidency.

Will be many tears on here. Looking forward to it!
Sefton

Post by Sefton »

Derwyn wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:36 pm In a few short weeks President Donald J Trump will begin his second term of the Presidency.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
merry!

Post by merry! »

puku wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:02 pm
Mick Mannock wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:32 pm Trump 3x more admired than Biden.
At the end of the day, all Trump ever wanted to be was to be loved and admired. He is one screwed up individual.

BTW Mick, if you or Merry want some of these...

I can sort you out
thanks, but i get my bullion from the royal mint. :)
ovalball

Post by ovalball »

Sefton wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:46 pm
Derwyn wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:36 pm In a few short weeks President Donald J Trump will begin his second term of the Presidency.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Poor old Derwyn - I hope he doesn't take it too badly when his dreams come crashing down. Still, at least he won't have to face the ensuing mirth on here.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

What date will joint sitting of Congress be to count electoral college votes?
Fat Old Git

Post by Fat Old Git »

TheFrog wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:04 pm
Mick Mannock wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:15 pm
TheFrog wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:49 pm
Mick Mannock wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:21 pm "I don't know how Afghanistan has more secure elections than Pennsylvania"

"This is disgusting to me"

"We are not going to let it stand."
Yes, 4071, I think you are right to give the benefit of the doubt to Mick. I thought he was dumb but I now accept I was wrong. Above an example of his way of acting. He quotes others, then when you hold him to it, he escapes saying where did I ever say I agreed with this?

His tactics are about echoing others' lies and not accepting any responsibility for it.

Wonder if he is not a trained Iranian agent really.
Do you wonder that because you are phenomenally stupid?
Some people say you are an Iranian agent. I am waiting for this to unfold. After all, I am entitled to my opinion, and my opinion is to wait until they have got to the bottom of this and brought up the evidence against you.
I'm sure mick could put up the relevant details to allow our tech guys to remotely examine his hard drive, email records, browsing history etc to verify if this is the case.
merry!

Post by merry! »

iarmhiman wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:05 am What date will joint sitting of Congress be to count electoral college votes?
6th.

dc will will be flooded with patriots when it happens..
Slim 293

Post by Slim 293 »

It goes on and on, and on, and oooooon...
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

merry! wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:09 am
iarmhiman wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:05 am What date will joint sitting of Congress be to count electoral college votes?
6th.

Going to be interesting watching Pence presiding over the count that will confirm Biden and Harris
Slim 293

Post by Slim 293 »

6th.

dc will will be flooded with anti-democracy supporters when it happens..
Fixed...
merry!

Post by merry! »

iarmhiman wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:11 am
6th.

Going to be interesting watching Pence presiding over the count that will confirm Biden and Harris
lot of chat that the votes from the dodgy states will be challenged by a rep and a senator, or that pence might just refuse to accept them anyway.

or pence might get arrested for accepting fraudulent/unconstitutional votes.. :lol:
Last edited by merry! on Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

merry! wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:15 am
6th.

lot of chat that the votes from the dodgy states will be challenged by a rep and a senator, or that pence might just refuse to accept them anyway.

or pence might get arrested for accepting fraudulent votes.. :lol:
They can challenge them but the reps don't have the numbers. The Dems do and this will be a formality
Sawtooth the Beaver

Post by Sawtooth the Beaver »

Loons gonna loon
ovalball

Post by ovalball »

6th.

Pence doesn't have that authority - the challenges have to voted on in both houses and if either one reject the challenge - the original votes stand. It will just delay the inevitable for quite a few hours.
merry!

Post by merry! »

iarmhiman wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:26 am
6th.

They can challenge them but the reps don't have the numbers. The Dems do and this will be a formality
can't help thinking of that scene in the oliver cromwell film, when he loses a vote in parliament.

he marches in a load of soldiers and says 'i believe i have the majority now'. not that it'll come to that.
shanky

Post by shanky »

I genuinely hope he tries it.

It’d be worth the entertainment value alone.
merry!

Post by merry! »

ovalball wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:27 am
6th.

Pence doesn't have that authority - the challenges have to voted on in both houses and if either one reject the challenge - the original votes stand. It will just delay the inevitable for quite a few hours.
don't shoot the messenger, but...

i've heard that the constitution gives the president of the senate the authority to reject electoral college votes from states that have run unconstitutional elections.

only states legislatures can make the rules regarding state elections, not governors, courts or electoral commissions, etc. so the dispute could be on those grounds, rather than electoral fraud. may get sorted in congress or may get passed to scotus for an interpretation of the constitution.

apparently some state legislatures are sending alternative electoral college voters, just in case.

disclaimer: i've not read the constitution. just passing on what i've heard.
Slim 293

Post by Slim 293 »

merry! wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:08 am

6th.

i've heard that the constitution gives the president of the senate the authority to reject electoral college votes from states that have run unconstitutional elections.

only states legislatures can make the rules regarding state elections, not governors, courts or electoral commissions, etc. so the dispute could be on those grounds, rather than electoral fraud. may get sorted in congress or may get passed to scotus for an interpretation of the constitution.

apparently some state legislatures are sending alternative electoral college voters, just in case.

:lol:
shanky

Post by shanky »

The Constitution leaves the power to the States

The VP rejecting the votes is a vain hope as his assent is a procedural thing.
If it wasn’t, that would mean every losing VP in history could simply reject the result of the election and stay in power that way.
merry!

Post by merry! »

shanky wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:14 am The Constitution leaves the power to the States

If it wasn’t, that would mean every losing VP in history could simply reject the result of the election and stay in power that way.
whatever happens, the 6th is going to be entertaining.
shanky

Post by shanky »

merry! wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:20 am
shanky wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:14 am The Constitution leaves the power to the States

Absolutely. I’d love it to go a bit nuts

Trump calling the Generals and demanding troops would make a great scene in a future movie.
Ted.

Post by Ted. »

fatcat wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:05 pm Once her boyfriend started firing, the police should have taken a time out and gone and got some donuts and worked on their Pride March dance moves.
As if someone has never fired from an otherwise occupied building and the police are not trained to access exactly these situations.

On the other hand, if they are not so trained, then they should not be sent on missions that might put in them front of armed perps, or alternatively, the department they belong to are derelict in their duty to hire and train competent officers.
fatcat wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:19 pm
flaggETERNAL wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:08 pm
fatcat wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:05 pm Once her boyfriend started firing, the police should have taken a time out and gone and got some donuts and worked on their Pride March dance moves.
So she deserved to die because of her boyfriends actions?
Of course not, but you mentioned nuance and context, though I guess it's only RW twunts who should consider them.
I'm shocked! There's not a whole lot of nuance or context from you in this instance, Fatcat. :?
ovalball

Post by ovalball »

Slim 293 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:14 am

Nah - his job is to simply count the certified votes from the states - members can object to the votes and (assuming one objection from both houses) it goes to a 2 hour debate and then a vote - with bot houses having to agree to any objection for it to be upheld.
Ted.

Post by Ted. »

Given that the losing candidate, Rita Hart (Dem), has appealed to congress rather than through the courts, Pelosi possibly has a little quandary in relation to the Iowa 2n congressional seat.

Let's hope there is no hypocrisy involved.
Masterji

Post by Masterji »

Mick Mannock wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:31 pm
At least
Whats he going to do after these few weeks? He will be turfed out like Nazi from a bar mitzvah party
Masterji

Post by Masterji »

shanky wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:50 am I genuinely hope he tries it.

It’d be worth the entertainment value alone.
We need some light entertainment in these heavy days. I hope they then take Trump with cuffs on.
DOB

Post by DOB »

Ted. wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:54 am Given that the losing candidate, Rita Hart (Dem), has appealed to congress rather than through the courts, Pelosi possibly has a little quandary in relation to the Iowa 2n congressional seat.

Let's hope there is no hypocrisy involved.
She lost by 6 votes out of nearly 400,000. That genuinely is a margin where you ought to double check everything.
TheFrog

Post by TheFrog »

6th.

This. A bit of a show and the curtain will be drawn.
TheFrog

Post by TheFrog »

What you must have heard Merry is that some Republican have got to court to try to assert that the VP has the absolute discretion as to which votes he recognizes as legit. But it is unlikely that the case will even be looked at. The judge is a Trump appointee so... if he rejects the law suit there will be no complain of partiality.
MungoMan

Post by MungoMan »

ovalball wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:52 am
Slim 293 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:14 am

Nah - his job is to simply count the certified votes from the states - members can object to the votes and (assuming one objection from both houses) it goes to a 2 hour debate and then a vote - with bot houses having to agree to any objection for it to be upheld.
Enshrining the role of Russian auto-troll factories in the actual constitution? :shock:

Shameful. Broken Merka.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

6th of jan he is hoping for blood
mightyreds

Post by mightyreds »

Now this is something: unobstructed by the FBI this time, we're finally getting a public look into The Swamp Where Slimy Joe Dwells (the dirt on the Bidens' Ukraine money-laundering-and-tax-evasion activities):

https://www.captainsjournal.com/2020/12 ... ter-biden/
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

mightyreds wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:28 am Now this is something: unobstructed by the FBI this time, we're finally getting a public look into The Swamp Where Slimy Joe Dwells (the dirt on the Bidens' Ukraine money-laundering-and-tax-evasion activities):

Dark web. Will not click.
CrazyIslander

Post by CrazyIslander »

shanky wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:22 am

Absolutely. I’d love it to go a bit nuts

Trump calling the Generals and demanding troops would make a great scene in a future movie.
I would love that tbh.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

Muttonbirds wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:57 am
mightyreds wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:28 am Now this is something: unobstructed by the FBI this time, we're finally getting a public look into The Swamp Where Slimy Joe Dwells (the dirt on the Bidens' Ukraine money-laundering-and-tax-evasion activities):

Dark web. Will not click.
It does not appear to be the dark web.